Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Comments

• Nurse_Abbie - Sanctuary
    Nurse_Abbie - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A minor annoyance at best:

While awaiting arrival of the player who's wining BH69 I like to build chi by killing the three Petali's at the entrance. I always tell other players what I'm doing. Invariably, after I've started my attack one of them decides I need help, whereupon I have to purify them which, of course, uses a big chunk of my chi, thus defeating the purpose of the attack.

As I said, it's only a minor annoyance, but when oh when will people realize that wood poison mobs are the easiest possible thing a cleric can take on?
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I think the reason a lot o cleric's dislike/distrust Assassins is because Sins are such needy little a**wipes when they're low level, then treat us like total **** when they reach level 80 and above.

I'm so stealing this for a sig! +12 full JoSD comment, nice. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Other clerics who don't heal my cleric when he is tanking.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Read a few pages but didn't catch this one being mentioned.

I rarely have people dying, even the stupid ones can be saved with a fast WoP,
    wellspring or IH stack. You just have to learn how to judge a players knowledge of their class, usually this is noticed within the first minute you spend with him/her.

In regards to all the QQ over mana charm/pot costs. Ok..so, we have skills draining mana, but the power to reduce damage and restore our HP at any time. You could say we basically have a very cheap HP pot as it doesnt take a whole 5k mana to throw 2 IHs on ourselves. Other classes also come with a much higher repair bill. So why QQ over something that is a basic need of your class? In my opinion it's a laugh to read that people even put mana pots into the equation of 'annoying to spam/pay for'.

With that said..there's about ONE thing I cant control and that pisses the living hell out of me. What Im talking about is SoT frog pulls. When an incompetent barb/tanky DD rushes in and pulls them all in the lane + the other mobs.

Let me remind you out there that just because you may stand the AoEs for a while with an IH stack on urself, me and the squad will not as such pulls are not expected to be made (atleast not by me). I tend to follow the tank and therefor end up in range of the AoE and interruptions, I could move, but problem is my squad mates will still be in it.
    Any long chan is canceled and IH on everyone takes a while to cast, specially when so many AoEs hit at once. I've had plenty of times where I've had to immune myself as last resort just to save everyone that entered the AoE field.

Sometimes this even ends up with myself gaining healing aggro due to incompetence from the barb/whoever rushed in that doesnt aim to use appropriet aggroing skills.
    I bless myself sometimes for farming r9 and reaching the high HP numbers just so that I can tank long enough to sustain the stupidity that is to be found in BH100s. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Jelenah - Lost City
    Jelenah - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Being killed by a squad member because I could't heal him that instant he wanted to be healed. You know, you hysterically writing HEAL HEAL HEAL or NOOB NOOB NOOB is not gonna make me heal you faster 'cause I can't heal you faster than I can! I'm trying NOT TO GET KILLED BY THE ORANGE BUBBLE, YOU MORON! You can get resurrected by me, but I can't resurrect myself. I have to die and come back to that place wherever it may be to res your ***. And I'm not that fast. It's not a huge problem that I died, because I'm not even in the 60s, but the reason for it and the lack of manors are ***** insane. I don't need an ode to myself or thank you note, but how 'bout NOT KILLING ME?
    Take that knife and shove it up your ***!
    Don't worry, I'll heal it. BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO DO MY JOB.
    Jerk.

Ah. I feel better. Good thread.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    the lack of manors are ***** insane.
    Manners. A manor is an estate or piece of land.
    but how 'bout NOT KILLING ME?
    Not to salt an obviously fresh wound, but how I look at it is only I can get kill myself. I chose to be there, I chose to heal, and I picked a technique that got at least myself killed. Sometimes its things like healing a squad thats dieing and sticking around trying to save it instead of running away and coming back to rez after the mobs have reset. Other times it's putting up a bb and trusting the barb to aggr, instead of putting up bb as they aggro. Yes, they helped in my death but I allowed it. That point of view has helped me. Also, carry rez scrolls. The 50k they cost is usually earned back by avoiding a long walk.

One thing that annoy me? Squads not picking up coin and leaving it to others to do. This is even more frustrating since as it seems like the people who never pick up a single drop seem to get 90% of the loot.

I'm a cleric. I'm slow. But I will stop and pickup drops if no one else is doing so, and then my heals will be late and you'll complain. If you want heals, help pickup. Same when I'm on the barb. People stand there and wait for me to go first, but don't pick up drops. As soon as I'm done picking up the drops for my larger repair bill, I'll pull. Until then you can either stand there or help.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One thing that annoy me? Squads not picking up coin and leaving it to others to do. This is even more frustrating since as it seems like the people who never pick up a single drop seem to get 90% of the loot.

I'm a cleric. I'm slow. But I will stop and pickup drops if no one else is doing so, and then my heals will be late and you'll complain. If you want heals, help pickup. Same when I'm on the barb. People stand there and wait for me to go first, but don't pick up drops. As soon as I'm done picking up the drops for my larger repair bill, I'll pull. Until then you can either stand there or help.

That's so true! It annoys me so much when I'm the only one picking the drops >.<
    Although it's very rare having another player picking the drops I got used to it, and as my main is sin the squad can carry on and I get behind picking the drops.
    The only place where I like the others don't pick the drops is when at the end of a exp room, the squad dismiss and I go pick all the head coins, and if all the coins come for me, it's better b:victory
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012

So much yes! +1000000

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jew_Need_Me - Lost City
    Jew_Need_Me - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Warsong:

Metal, fire and water cant put BB up due to interruptions. STOP ******** THAT IT DIDNT GO UP!

Lunar:

Clerics STILL RUN SLOW! Please dont expect the BB range to magically increase to world wide when you pull.

Frost:

Stop hitting the damn mini boss and start hitting the hands! WE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE TO RUN ALL THE WAY BACK TO REZ!

BH Aba:

OMFG if you do not stop hitting the boss when she has the 2 red buffs, I swear to ****ing god I will drop BB and leave! Stop wasting my time.

Frost(99+):

You do not ALWAYS have to have a healer. Level 10 Tempest with HF will hit the mobs for about half HP even with a 99 wep. (I can almost one shot them all with HF and a 3rd cast Sandy World.) MULTIPLE CLERICS ARE O-****ING-KAY! Violet dance is a wonderful skill for the strongest cleric in the group, they can ****ing kill **** instead of trying to save your *** from a boss that USED to be able to one shot you. The ONLY boss that is acceptable to die at is Slasher but only IF you lag and not try to spark through the aoe with 5k hp. Expect to get laughed at for being a ****ing noob.

TW/NW:

**** you sins and archers. That is all.
  • KingClawX - Lost City
    KingClawX - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    no you dont need to buy rez scrools just avoid stupid ppl.

if they are dumb let them die and rez them as you get there period.

if they btching about it blacklist them and move on.

sure u have a number of blacklist number but one or two days and remove them from blacklist.

and put there name of enoying shtty players.

remember as cleric you have the power.

there a siljion dds out there not so many active good ep sadly.

dont ever but rez scroll its stupid and u get no benefit from it.

fact is dying is dying deal with it and move on.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    I am ***** enough to leave people die if they rush on my cleric and thus I don't die very many times but res scrolls CAN be useful in some situations... For example dying at SOT boss or Lunar, walking back takes long and it isn't about other players, it's about the bosses.

KingClaw, could you even consider writing a bit clearer?

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Salianacaste - Harshlands
    Salianacaste - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im on my sin doing a bh 69 (my sin was lvl 89 att I had just gotten demon spark)
    we bring a cleric barb blademaster wizard and a psychic.
    I did at pole because I sparkd and got debuffed and 1hit and asked the cleric "res plz"
    the cleric resd me and I noticed my exp did drop a lot but not much more then if I just resd myself. so after polearm I arsked the cleric what lvl the res was.
    this is what I got

cleric: "oh its lvl 4. I was light armor for a while so I didn't bother lvling it"

me: LVL 4, LA, LA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RES. LVL RES TO MAX EVN IF UR HA
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    no you dont need to buy rez scrools just avoid stupid ppl.

if they are dumb let them die and rez them as you get there period.

if they btching about it blacklist them and move on.

sure u have a number of blacklist number but one or two days and remove them from blacklist.

and put there name of enoying shtty players.

remember as cleric you have the power.

there a siljion dds out there not so many active good ep sadly.

dont ever but rez scroll its stupid and u get no benefit from it.

fact is dying is dying deal with it and move on.

I certainly can agree with this in the context that the cleric is good. Sadly most are mega fail, and those with less than 8k mp and barely if any refined morai weapons, and the chromaspammers and clerics that heal my sin; I want to slap.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear
    SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gosh I would never know Clerics get so much hate...

Currently I have problems of 3 kinds:

1. Low level undergeared squishies. They always complain about the heal but never bother with using potions, running, stunning, whatever... They often appear in BH but in random TT every squad has at least 1 of that kind;

2. Tank wannabes. There's always a seeker or bm who barely know when to use alter marrow or vortex who assume being the tank of the squad for being the only melee class. It's rather natural in these cases that arcane and light classes kill faster and demand less attention. They seem to get even more infuriated when the Cleric has higher HP than their own and will hit mobs before they do;

3. Pro Cleric in squad. I always drop the silliy question "who heals" and most often get no response. Then I stick with DDing and drop a squad heal once in a while, letting the Pro in charge of the tank. When things go south (and that happens quite often) the one to blame is never the Pro Cleric.

Seeking advice, really...
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    I had some people in FC with attitude " BB in pulls is only for noob tanks "

Also some other clerics really **** me off.. like the kind who act very rude, tell squad they fail and mock them about useless things (like a sin asking with 3 lvl 89+ in squad if they could do elementos in 2 sides, cleric answers no they absolutely cant do that even though the squad had wizard, BM, sin, cleric, seeker and other archer.. grrr. I am pretty sure BM would have duod the other side with seeker, he had good gear)

Oh and forgot to add that the same cleric QQed about my demon barb buffs for the squad (I was in with my assassin there). She said her sage barb buffs on her main are soooo much better. I noted her that 3rd boss will purge the buffs off nonetheless. Cleric got very silent, lmao.

• SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear
    SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Also some other clerics really **** me off.. like the kind who act very rude, tell squad they fail and mock them about useless things (like a sin asking with 3 lvl 89+ in squad if they could do elementos in 2 sides, cleric answers no they absolutely cant do that even though the squad had wizard, BM, sin, cleric, seeker and other archer.. grrr. I am pretty sure BM would have duod the other side with seeker, he had good gear)

Oh and forgot to add that the same cleric QQed about my demon barb buffs for the squad (I was in with my assassin there). She said her sage barb buffs on her main are soooo much better. I noted her that 3rd boss will purge the buffs off nonetheless. Cleric got very silent, lmao.
    Some people are rude just like that, regardless of the class, be it FF, BH, TT or anything else. Can't explain but that sort of people will bash squad mates at random and if they don't get what they really want - their target kicked from squad - they go AFK the entire run or just refuse to use the relevant skills. Some will even go to world chat...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013

I've had clerics who insisted on bbing on every pulls, even though the mobs were literally exploding in 2 seconds before bb was ever up. I wasn't even bothing to invoke on my barb, just roar and aoe and they were dead. I'd hardly get hit.

Yet these clerics then say 'wait, need to build chi'... Carry Cloud Eruption on your genie, srs. And use your best judgement based on your squad on whether or not bb is needed, pls.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've had clerics who insisted on bbing on every pulls, even though the mobs were literally exploding in 2 seconds before bb was ever up. I wasn't even bothing to invoke on my barb, just roar and aoe and they were dead. I'd hardly get hit.

Yet these clerics then say 'wait, need to build chi'... Carry Cloud Eruption on your genie, srs. And use your best judgement based on your squad on whether or not bb is needed, pls.

Mhm yes and know, more and more people do huge pull and cleric is slow as h***, so if they waste the genie for cloud they can't use holy path.

People are just in a huge hirry theses days ''Gogogogogo'', 10-15 sec for building chi is not the end of the world considering now there's about 4-5 pull so it's like 1 minute of the whole run for built chi.

I prefer a cleric that will use a few seconds to build chi than a moron that go AFK 5 minutes to go get a beer or walk his dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Mhm yes and know, more and more people do huge pull and cleric is slow as h***, so if they waste the genie for cloud they can't use holy path.

More of a reason to only use bb when its appropriate, so you can save chi and genie stamina for when you actually need it. Also, my cleric's genie is more setup for vit/magic and fast regen than any other classes genie simply because I always need it for HP, meaning if I want to use any other skill I have to have it recharging fast. I'm also setup to use 3 HP in a row to keep up with my squad and the huge barb pulls people like to do.

As usual, bottom line is it comes down to communication. I'm a rusher myself, but have no problem waiting for someones genie to regen or someone to build chi or someone who is out of run boosts as long as they tell me. If they don't communicate it then its their fault.
    edited January 2013
    More of a reason to only use bb when its appropriate, so you can save chi and genie stamina for when you actually need it. Also, my cleric's genie is more setup for vit/magic and fast regen than any other classes genie simply because I always need it for HP, meaning if I want to use any other skill I have to have it recharging fast. I'm also setup to use 3 HP in a row to keep up with my squad and the huge barb pulls people like to do.

As usual, bottom line is it comes down to communication. I'm a rusher myself, but have no problem waiting for someones genie to regen or someone to build chi or someone who is out of run boosts as long as they tell me. If they don't communicate it then its their fault.

Yea of course communication is the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Colum - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013

Ah yea forgot to mention this I hear in 8x squads with a squad build that would possibly wipe out without BB in magic pull etc.

• Carichan - Sanctuary
    Carichan - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What i dislike most is...

- When people complain about ticking charms
    - Squishy sins who cant control their damage even though they know that they will die 1shot
    - People who refuse to understand that flipping aggro like pingpong aint funny for a cleric
    - Venomancers who never give sparks even when they're asked to
    - Barbs who refuse to roar on big pulls
    - Clerics who call themselves metal mages just because they found the button to use violet dance
    - People who think they play classes better than yourself even tho they dont even know what important skills do
    - Screaming for revive when im busy dealing with major aggro
    - The words "buff plz", as if its not worth typing a full polite sentence if you want something
    - Sometimes there seems to be some inability to be polite inside a game, as if it breaks their neck when using the words please and thank you
    - Having to deal with drama in pms / squad chat even though people know that you got all hands occupied in order to keep them alive
    - Being called lazy just because sometimes BB is the better option to keep a squad alive
    ~♥~ Mohandas Gandhi said: ~♥~
    ~♥~ Be the change that you want to see in the world. ~♥~
    ~♥~ The best leaders will be the ones who always lead by example. ~♥~

b:shy

~♥~ Disclaimer: I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what others understand. ~♥~
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People don't need to be polite because they don't fear a backfire. Hiding behind a computer a screen and stuff....that.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
    edited January 2013
    People don't need to be polite because they don't fear a backfire. Hiding behind a computer a screen and stuff....that.

I can understand that it's annoying to have someone rude, but when I play my cleric I don't wait people to ask buff for buff them or ress. Thought if someone random in arch pm me ask ''buff pls'' I'll do it, people are lazy to type, but at least they said pls. I ignore people pming in caps with no pls, like ''BUFFFFFFF'', he can be sure as h*** to don't get it from me if I don't know him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013

- Venomancers who never give sparks even when they're asked to

This.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Carichan - Sanctuary
    Carichan - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can understand that it's annoying to have someone rude, but when I play my cleric I don't wait people to ask buff for buff them or ress. Thought if someone random in arch pm me ask ''buff pls'' I'll do it, people are lazy to type, but at least they said pls. I ignore people pming in caps with no pls, like ''BUFFFFFFF'', he can be sure as h*** to don't get it from me if I don't know him.

Well, i was just talking about those random whispers you get when you're in a crowded place. When i'm in a squad people dont even get to the point to ask for buffs because they constantly have at least the ones i can give.
    ~♥~ Mohandas Gandhi said: ~♥~
    ~♥~ Be the change that you want to see in the world. ~♥~
    ~♥~ The best leaders will be the ones who always lead by example. ~♥~

b:shy

~♥~ Disclaimer: I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what others understand. ~♥~
  • Spirit_Healr - Sanctuary
    Spirit_Healr - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've started to basically write down how each class treats a cleric a long time ago. It doesn't necessarily mean everyone in that class, just the real dicks.

Barbs- To be honest, I've never had any trouble with barbs. The only ones that made mistakes in squads were the nice ones who are still kind of new at this game, so there's no reason to blame them. Unless they blame someone else, which has never occurred in my situation XD. There are those barbs who just go clear out the mobs if no one needs them before the whole squads come in, but they don't need healing, i guess. b:victory

Venos-Same with barbs, they're pretty chill. b:laugh

Archers-They just go ahead of everyone else and start commiting suicide, expecting them to res them b:angry

Clerics-I'm always glad to have another one in the squad, they make me feel as if they've got my back b:pleased

Mystic and Seekers-I usually don't have mystics in my squad, but like clerics, I think of them as backups so I don't have any problem with them. Seekers are a bit harder to heal, but I hate how some of them think they're barbs with 20k HP...

Psychics-Gotta love their dots b:pleased

Sins-Rub your "omg-i'm-so-pro-so-I-don't-need-to-slow-down-for-squad" attitude to someone else, and don't automatically blame the healer every time you run into a pool of mobs without expecting me and the squad to ctach aggro as well.
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Clerics-I'm always glad to have another one in the squad, they make me feel as if they've got my back b:pleased

Except if the other cleric acts like it's the ONLY cleric in squad, doing everything and not letting you do anything... and you just stand there with a poker face ._.
    But luckily I just found one cleric like that until now.. All of the others were nice and we were healing together and dealing with any trouble that can occur, helping each other ^^
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    " I can BB at last boss in FC (not Holeen, the one before heads) blah blah blah blah " clerics

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    " I can BB at last boss in FC (not Holeen, the one before heads) blah blah blah blah " clerics

Is this a new "thing"? I have noticed it more and more in some of my squads. Clerics setting up BB at Oceania and wondering how they got knocked down or how they died when someone missed hands and/or hit the little guy.

After running with random clerics, I have found a new love for my own. And a renewed love in helping my friends and most random squads (there are some you just cannot help, but that is pretty rare).
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle