I... like the update.

124»

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ogunernile wrote: »
    okay how about this then...the rubberband glitch still exists, the experience from quests are useless, the advanced eu instance is so far gone 90% of the server is undergeared. the classes are still unbalanced, there is more but i think, rather i hope this gives you an idea.

Rubberbanding is likely permanent. :(

Morai quests give over 60% at lvl 95. Tideborn quests are amazing. Public Quest is great XP. But yeah, most of the xp in the game is available in instances (FCC, Delta, Gamma, Nix Valley, EU). Other quests are just not worth wasting your time on.

Advanced EU is quite easy once you figure out the tricks. For instance, Aohe boss is stunnable. Just stun lock him and pewpew. It's only been out for 2 days, it'll take a while for people to learn the little tricks.

While I disagree that any of these things are killing the game, and only one had to do with this update, you've so far provided more actual criticism than that other dude, I forget his name, so kudos to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panty_Thief - Raging Tide
    Panty_Thief - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You're dying too. Point?

I do believe his point was that you were denying that the game was dying because he didn't give evidence of how. Since everything dies he doesn't need evidence, circular logic but still essentially true. And he's dying too? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's aware of that. Sorry but you fail on that come back Kerona, which is well sad considering how poor his was.

Ooooo fresh ones... mine
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I do believe his point was that you were denying that the game was dying because he didn't give evidence of how. Since everything dies he doesn't need evidence, circular logic but still essentially true. And he's dying too? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's aware of that. Sorry but you fail on that come back Kerona, which is well sad considering how poor his was.

Ooooo fresh ones... mine

Actually, I believe his point was that since PW is "dying", we should all ignore its last attempts at a money grab and just leave. So, based on his logic, Kerona's comeback is actually fairly hilarious, since no one wants to be ignored (or why else would they come onto the forums to chat?)

Ignoring things because they are dying would make for a pretty **** poor world, imo.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Panty_Thief - Raging Tide
    Panty_Thief - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    uhh actually I think his point was to avoid their money grabing, but not leave (until it really dies) since he did state he was still playing just not cashshoping anymore

Ooooo fresh ones... mine
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Phantom got it. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Aohe boss is stunnable.

PW finally took my idea b:cute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • asgoliath
    asgoliath Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's challenging, fun, and a good teamwork exercise. New EU is amazing and enjoyable as well as challenging. I appreciate the Dev's hard work there, though I think they coulda given the instance a face lift. There should be sparkly bushes everywhere btw.

Additionally, none of the things people are "QQing" or "RAGE QUITTING" about are.... actual things.

Token Price? will be down when the npc goes in a week.

Fairy boxes requiring keys? OH gosh, you have to do a BH 1 every once in a while, fancy that.

BH bosses too hard? Bring a veno to purge for once in your life and it's EZ mode. Can't find a veno? Use SKILLS. You know, SKILLS.

Warsong and Lunar bosses impossibly hard for your squad? The mats they drop are for THIRD CAST of the top gear in the game, why are you even there if you're not going for it? They're not even tradable. Seriously.

Only thing I'm waiting for now? PWI to stop delaying freaking fashion. TAKE MY MONEY. PLEASE.

So your saying its the player-bases fault for ****** this game up? why do you think people cant use SKILLS? PWI has given them the ability to lvl to 100 (-cough- jfc -cough-), get r8/r9 cheaply and jump into end game content... who the **** fault is it?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    conclusion; instance itself is pretty good.

with a few picks here and there.

- success of it is greatly decided by the player skill of your squad at the end bosses.
    - Not very new-player friendly (as pple like that have not yet made their circle of friends.)
    - if you dont have good gear you need to come prepped (meds/food)
    - you need at least 45min for AUE (for various problems)
    - the success of the random squads are pretty much like opening Packs. (big hit and miss)

i'll prolly end up having to buy any/all new mats (if i need them) since my timezone sucks horribly. Plus all the better geared pple have logged early b:surrender that or make a AEU flist >_> the most recent AEU i always died last to the double boss, everyone was one shot. Me alone cant kill shat. Add to that a re tarded barb decided it was a good idea to run and reset the boss cause it was hitting him.

rest of the updates seem pretty fair and all. Except the keys for mirage boxes that are a bit of an inconvenience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    asgoliath wrote: »
    So your saying its the player-bases fault for ****** this game up? why do you think people cant use SKILLS? PWI has given them the ability to lvl to 100 (-cough- jfc -cough-), get r8/r9 cheaply and jump into end game content... who the **** fault is it?

Just shut up and play or leave ******n. First you complain that the instance is too hard, then you assert that it's PWI's fault that it's too hard for noobs because they can't be assed to learn and use skills after hyper noobing up. Seriously what are you trying to prove? I don't even need to look at your CORE, you're probably from Archosaur.

You know, it's as much a hyper noob's fault as PWI's that they can't play the game. Noobs existed before hypers even, there were "rebirth noobs" before "oracle noobs" before "hyper noobs." It doesn't take that long to learn how to use the skills of each class. Power leveling's problem is that it removes the lower level playerbase needed to sustain the game, but as for idiots and morons, those will exist whether there is power leveling or not.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I don't even need to look at your CORE, you're probably from Archosaur.

You're right, that one is from the Arch server.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's challenging, fun, and a good teamwork exercise. New EU is amazing and enjoyable as well as challenging. I appreciate the Dev's hard work there, though I think they coulda given the instance a face lift. There should be sparkly bushes everywhere btw.

Additionally, none of the things people are "QQing" or "RAGE QUITTING" about are.... actual things.

Token Price? will be down when the npc goes in a week.

Fairy boxes requiring keys? OH gosh, you have to do a BH 1 every once in a while, fancy that.

BH bosses too hard? Bring a veno to purge for once in your life and it's EZ mode. Can't find a veno? Use SKILLS. You know, SKILLS.

Warsong and Lunar bosses impossibly hard for your squad? The mats they drop are for THIRD CAST of the top gear in the game, why are you even there if you're not going for it? They're not even tradable. Seriously.

Only thing I'm waiting for now? PWI to stop delaying freaking fashion. TAKE MY MONEY. PLEASE.

RT server has had snakefist as bh1 like 3 times in a row since the patch. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Jthere were "rebirth noobs" before "oracle noobs" before "hyper noobs."
    evolution of pwi b:chuckle

http://qkme.me/3pg6rd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    RT server has had snakefist as bh1 like 3 times in a row since the patch. b:bye

The advanced boss is optional and you have to talk to npc after killing BH boss to get it to spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The advanced boss is optional and you have to talk to npc after killing BH boss to get it to spawn.

I didn't know in your OP you were talking about the 2nd bosses. b:chuckle

But I say again, we've had like 3 Snakefists in a row, and the success of my squads has varied wildly, and in most cases there was no success anyway.

First try on 1st snakefist, post patch, easy... seemed like nothing changed.
    Second and up until now, 1st snake suddenly tears my squad apart.

Maybe it's just coincidence, but what would be the odds of 2 BMs and 2 sins failing to kill 1st snake?

also yes, i have killed 2nd snake, it was on the day of release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Are you saying you tried without a cleric?

1st Snake could end up hitting 12k+ before patch.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I find the Vile version of Snakefist easier than the normal version, so if you're able to kill the normal version you won't have any troubles with the Vile one.