I... like the update.

Options
Kerona - Sanctuary
Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
It's challenging, fun, and a good teamwork exercise. New EU is amazing and enjoyable as well as challenging. I appreciate the Dev's hard work there, though I think they coulda given the instance a face lift. There should be sparkly bushes everywhere btw.

Additionally, none of the things people are "QQing" or "RAGE QUITTING" about are.... actual things.

Token Price? will be down when the npc goes in a week.

Fairy boxes requiring keys? OH gosh, you have to do a BH 1 every once in a while, fancy that.

BH bosses too hard? Bring a veno to purge for once in your life and it's EZ mode. Can't find a veno? Use SKILLS. You know, SKILLS.

Warsong and Lunar bosses impossibly hard for your squad? The mats they drop are for THIRD CAST of the top gear in the game, why are you even there if you're not going for it? They're not even tradable. Seriously.

Only thing I'm waiting for now? PWI to stop delaying freaking fashion. TAKE MY MONEY. PLEASE.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kerona - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I love the new EU. It's so fun! Did all 3 instances already (each one in a row, what do you know?) XD

It's a lot of new content for me to record and edit. Shame I didn't record the first EU run. That's all I'm missing. The new instances are very fun and challenging. I haven't done Warsong or Lunar yet.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I found the new advanced au to be a bit more than we could handle for the squad I ran with. The Aoche one. Definitely think that boss is a bit much, will try again when i'm better prepared.

The new snake bosses is pretty easy, did it with a squad of mostly average gear, although the barb was well geared.

The new aba was was really easy, i just sparked about 2 seconds after the buff popped up and my spark animation was finished just after the buff went away. Once i got the rest of the squad doing the same, it was easy. I preferred it to the old one, was faster.

Haven't tried Lunar yet.

I also agree that the fairy box thing seems to be a way to get people interacting with new players, which is always a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    New EU is amazing and enjoyable as well as challenging.
    stop going with cliques and start going with WC. By the end of the day you will find yourself bald because you pulled all your hair out >.>

holy **** they need to make that instance so that pple who AFK, stray away, cannot pay attention, cannot read squad chat, or die more than 10 times, get auto kicked from the squad -_- and someone else auto-queued in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

the npc could be there anytime again, so it would be stupid to lower token prices
    Fairy boxes requiring keys? OH gosh, you have to do a BH 1 every once in a while, fancy that.

waste of another inventory slot (same with new eu jade)
    usually you have the boxes on a different character
    BH bosses too hard? Bring a veno to purge for once in your life and it's EZ mode. Can't find a veno? Use SKILLS. You know, SKILLS.

after some testing: purge is useless (cooldown) don't know why veno's are hyped now
    bleed one-hits almost everything except barbs (even with lower pdef than bm)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16974131#post16974131
  • NirvShopz - Harshlands
    NirvShopz - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's challenging, fun, and a good teamwork exercise.
    yey finally no QQ b:victory. **** the "it's too hard for me if skillz are not in the boutique guys" or "i plvled to 100 whats next? oh yes sit afk in arch", they'll allways QQ about something...its in their nature.b:chuckle
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I guess people just want everything served on silver platter.

I just love new bosses for being so hard. Now it requires skill, thinking and teamplay. Something many players are not used to b:pleased

Players are even more greedy than PWE. Stop defending merchants for having high token prices. They are lazy, greedy, (cash shoppers?) players who will take any opportunity to raise token prices.

And funny thing is, everyone is saying "i'm quitting, going to play that_other_game...", and that game requires teamwork. Something they are not used to do. How much until they start to QQ on that game forums? b:chuckle
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I think you lost like 95% of the people there with that one. Its so hard to find people who actually use skills, anymore. The bosses aren't that bad because MSS is actually a big help. I think its funny people just complain about the BH's when PWE finally gave us something new and challenging.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Till now, I'm pleased with the update. I am glad there is a change in bh, and unlike some pretend, the bosses aren't really hard for a squad that knows more of their class then spark macro. It was actually amusing to be killed by a boss again b:laugh

Taking my time to try all new things, but for now the only thing I don't like much is the Aurora Agent. On the other hand, the new bh aba and seat really don't need wine as the time save from old drunk guys help is really minimal. It might also help against that ridiculous and annoying habit of killing everything 1 by 1 that made me wanna throw my pc-screen against the wall everytime I did the old bh seat. I hope this update will finally manage to calm down the aps-craze that really went beyond rediculous (at least on sanctuary).

And most off all, it felt so great to have my barb being a real actor in a squad again. Didn't happen in a long time.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I really like this new update, it's revamping tanks in an almost miraculous way.

And the challenge in the instances is making runs more interesting, people actually need to think instead of just going "Leeeroy Jenkins!!!!" and facerolling their keyboard waiting for aps to do the rest.b:laugh

I think that the Aurora NPC is the GM-way of market trolling. b:pleased
    I may even charge and buy packs to sell to the token shops for expensive and boycot them for the rest of the week to make them lose moneyb:chuckle
    I really feel like doing that....is it obvious that I hate the token-price-inflating-cat-shops? b:chuckle

Only thing that bothers me is the fact that the molds are bound...like really....most people just end up npcing them because they're not for their class...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    While im on a whole pretty happy with the update i find the Aohe version of EU freaking ****. It isnt explained well AT ALL and the phys immune boss quite often heals itself for more damage than you're able to do to it while the Elemental immune boss just goes around oneshotting people with its BS AoE. While im fine with a bit of challenge, this is just plain rediculous!
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Actually i Like the ADV EU as well. it took a good lil time to get me convinced to go for my girl on skype.. i really didnt want to, cos i find most of the advanced starter skills uhm.. useless lol.

But yeah atleast the instance is fun. I wouldnt wish to do it with a random wc squad tho, would take forever.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

holy **** they need to make that instance so that pple who AFK, stray away, cannot pay attention, cannot read squad chat, or die more than 10 times, get auto kicked from the squad -_- and someone else auto-queued in

Really I understand that realty might call u.. but I agree. Did run on my bm, we had 2 clerics and 2 sins. 1 person left even before bosses. To bosses we went only with 7 people in squad, 1 cleric, mysti, sin, barb, bm, 2 archers. What I wanted to say? That its doable with squad which I had, but took more time than it should thanks to 3 people which were afk most of run.

At all I agree with Kerona. New bosses and modes re interesting and tokens.. yea just wait 1 week..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I also like the new update... All classes are so much more appreciated in BH's now... Also the new bosses en Metal aren't THAT much harder if you know what you're doing... I can finally get into squads again on my Veno without being pushed aside for yet another APS BM or Sin... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Really I understand that realty might call u.. but I agree. Did run on my bm, we had 2 clerics and 2 sins. 1 person left even before bosses. To bosses we went only with 7 people in squad, 1 cleric, mysti, sin, barb, bm, 2 archers. What I wanted to say? That its doable with squad which I had, but took more time than it should thanks to 3 people which were afk most of run.

At all I agree with Kerona. New bosses and modes re interesting and tokens.. yea just wait 1 week..

Did you guys do it with random wc squad? :D The first time I did it, the run was just terrible mainly because of afks (about 30%-50% afkers) and people who died was just too worried about their exp so they didn't want to port back to he entrance, so maybe they can make this like the warsong instance where you don't lose any. This did make the run much longer than it should. I did think that the bosses were hitting a bit too hard for the average geared player in an instance that isn't used to farm endgame gear as our 2 clerics with full nirvana sets were complaining about taking too much damage.

I do like this new instance, it is challenging and I did enjoy seeing every sin that was in my squad died from being 1-hit (sins who I know had such a big e-peen thinking the are op with perma aps). It really helps to know who's a good player and help update your friends list for future instance runs based on the random people you come across.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I must say I am quite disappointed in the update and no I am not QQing. Have I csed, yes, am I r9, not even close but I have farmed good gear on my toons including a 5 aps sage sin. This update took things that had nothing wrong with them and changed them, some would say an improvement some would disagree, that point of the matter is IF IT ISN'T BROKEN DON'T FIX IT.

There are tons of other issues with the game some serious some minor that people constantly ask to be updated, fixed or just taken out. Yet those things are never addressed by the Devs. Things that are addressed are the things that make them more money and the things that are ignored or put off to be fixed later are the real issues with the game. And no I am not saying everything is PWI's fault or the Dev's fault, players grief each other in any game and the economy is largely our fault (mostly do to most people's belief 2x drops and sales are the only time to do anything.) But the buck stops at someone's door, and that someone is rolling in the cash and laughing because of how little they actually have to do to feel like they've accomplished something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Kerona show us the ****!
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    stop going with cliques and start going with WC. By the end of the day you will find yourself bald because you pulled all your hair out >.>

That just lost 99% of the server along with the quote, to use skills. AEU can never be done b:shocked, oh no b:dirty.

I did EU, a week ago, it was a fail squad from the start. Everyone said they were pro, when i pm'ed 3 people, none of them had done it and were causing the quest to fail. EU has been around for a long while now. It is not a matter of how long something is around, it is whether people pay attention. You can have faction members that don't pay attention as well.
  • Arielielle - Sanctuary
    Arielielle - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Only thing I'm waiting for now? PWI to stop delaying freaking fashion. TAKE MY MONEY. PLEASE.

b:nosebleed
    10/08 Wizard
    11/08 Veno
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A post that isn't a qq rant or a guide? b:victory
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Did you guys do it with random wc squad? :D The first time I did it, the run was just terrible mainly because of afks (about 30%-50% afkers) and people who died was just too worried about their exp so they didn't want to port back to he entrance, so maybe they can make this like the warsong instance where you don't lose any. This did make the run much longer than it should. I did think that the bosses were hitting a bit too hard for the average geared player in an instance that isn't used to farm endgame gear as our 2 clerics with full nirvana sets were complaining about taking too much damage.

I had there only 1 friend and in my opinion 3 players who knew their class b:surrender (1 sin(sadly went afk lol) 1 archer and 1 cleric) rest people were spamming skills in.. very chaotic way. Barb ran away all happy that could pull mobs without even buffing squad.. mysti - huge DD, was rare when she healed. So yeah fkn' chaos made from WC peeps.. I'm not planning to go random never again lolz..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I had it explained to me like this one, star. IDK if I've mentioned it....

You know your friend who always fails Super Mario level 1, and no matter what you do to try to get them past it, they always fall in the pits. They want to succeed as much as you want them to, but it's just not their skill. You can teach them little tips and tricks to maybe get them through first level, only to see them fail terribly on the second.

PWI is like this. Some people will get it. Some people will not get it, but try really hard to get it. Others will not get it and expect others to carry them through because they can't be bothered to learn something that seems unnatural to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have no difficulty with doing the new things, difficulty or ease of doing it has nothing to do with the fact that what they gave us SUCKS and is just one more shallow effort and shinny new toys to keep people spending money instead of doing what 99% of the player base want which is fixes to the long standing problems in the game.

The new stuff just requires a little bit of teamwork.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have no difficulty with doing the new things, difficulty or ease of doing it has nothing to do with the fact that what they gave us SUCKS and is just one more shallow effort and shinny new toys to keep people spending money instead of doing what 99% of the player base want which is fixes to the long standing problems in the game.

The new stuff just requires a little bit of teamwork.

But it doesn't suck. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I only did the new Metal and I loved it to bits. Frog debuff? Hell yeah!

I have yet to try the rest but it sounds like fun! A lot of people QQ'd to me about the new Aba boss and when I asked them..it's because they couldn't solo it. They said they can't get into squads but when I told them to make their own, they said they're lazy lol.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I must say I am quite disappointed in the update and no I am not QQing. Have I csed, yes, am I r9, not even close but I have farmed good gear on my toons including a 5 aps sage sin. This update took things that had nothing wrong with them and changed them, some would say an improvement some would disagree, that point of the matter is IF IT ISN'T BROKEN DON'T FIX IT.

There are tons of other issues with the game some serious some minor that people constantly ask to be updated, fixed or just taken out. Yet those things are never addressed by the Devs. Things that are addressed are the things that make them more money and the things that are ignored or put off to be fixed later are the real issues with the game. And no I am not saying everything is PWI's fault or the Dev's fault, players grief each other in any game and the economy is largely our fault (mostly do to most people's belief 2x drops and sales are the only time to do anything.) But the buck stops at someone's door, and that someone is rolling in the cash and laughing because of how little they actually have to do to feel like they've accomplished something.

That sounds like QQ to me.

This update sought to fix many problems that people have been talking about for years. This update is good. The fact that a player like you is QQing about it only makes me more sure of that fact.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That sounds like QQ to me.

This update sought to fix many problems that people have been talking about for years. This update is good. The fact that a player like you is QQing about it only makes me more sure of that fact.

lol no, the 1 long standing thing they fixed in this update was the unbinding glitch, which we all know they fixed because it costs them money since gear could be recirculated and charms saved for TW (or sold to catshops in some people's cases). I am not complaining the new things are hard or blaming PWI for the whole state of the game. Clearly you see what you want to see, open your eyes. We don't need more OP gear, we don't even need the OP gear we have all this update was and is an attempt to get more money from the diehard cashshoppers before this game tanks in the next 18 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lol no, the 1 long standing thing they fixed in this update was the unbinding glitch, which we all know they fixed because it costs them money since gear could be recirculated and charms saved for TW (or sold to catshops in some people's cases). I am not complaining the new things are hard or blaming PWI for the whole state of the game. Clearly you see what you want to see, open your eyes. We don't need more OP gear, we don't even need the OP gear we have all this update was and is an attempt to get more money from the diehard cashshoppers before this game tanks in the next 18 months.

My eyes are open, I just can't see anything past all of your QQ.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No you see QQ where there is none. I am not one of those complaining the new bosses are so hard or the economy will never recover I am simply stating that is update is a last gasp of a drowning company because of updates like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's challenging, fun, and a good teamwork exercise. New EU is amazing and enjoyable as well as challenging. I appreciate the Dev's hard work there, though I think they coulda given the instance a face lift. There should be sparkly bushes everywhere btw.

Additionally, none of the things people are "QQing" or "RAGE QUITTING" about are.... actual things.

Warsong and Lunar bosses impossibly hard for your squad? The mats they drop are for THIRD CAST of the top gear in the game, why are you even there if you're not going for it? They're not even tradable. Seriously.

I'm only looking forward for skill balancing right now really. The game would definitely be more fun if people stop using spark all the time and the sage / demon skill balancing they do deserve to be equal on terms of certain skills.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No you see QQ where there is none. I am not one of those complaining the new bosses are so hard or the economy will never recover I am simply stating that is update is a last gasp of a drowning company because of updates like this.

Oh boohoo, a company with a fairly successful game releases an update that makes people want to play it for a bit longer. Such an evil company!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]