I... like the update.

Comments

• Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    No you see QQ where there is none. I am not one of those complaining the new bosses are so hard or the economy will never recover I am simply complaining that is update is a last gasp of a drowning company because of updates like this.

fixed

So.....you're just QQing about a different subject?
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I also like the challenge of the new bosses, only done SoT boss so far which I found interesting... Since I'm factionless I have no choice at the moment to join WC squads and I was the only english speaker and the squad actually wanted a Mystic so couldn't really decline...

We killed it after a few squad member deaths but I found it interesting the damage the boss was actually doing, Barb level 10 buff I have 6.6k HP, boss hit 7.9k and I was still alive! Boss did 1.4k damage and I was dead! It was fun though and it felt good that a squad was actually using teamwork to kill something!

I also don't mind the Aurora NPC, I have been putting off farming Cannys and this gave me about 39 extra to bank with leftover tokens so happy days!

Extra prestige also? HELL YEAH!
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not saying that either. PWE's life expectancy of their game was 3-5 years they stated that in their annual report. What that means is that they believe they will stop making a profit on a game after 3-5 years. Well we are almost to the 4 year mark? Which means they EXPECT the game not to last another year they EXPECT to let it die and replace it with something else. It may last slightly longer since it's their flagship game, but they know it is dying as it is in the middle of the time frame they EXPECTED it to die. Which tells me they are devoting most of their resources to either buying out other games or creating new ones, not to supporting this game with truely quality updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I have no difficulty with doing the new things, difficulty or ease of doing it has nothing to do with the fact that what they gave us SUCKS and is just one more shallow effort and shinny new toys to keep people spending money instead of doing what 99% of the player base want which is fixes to the long standing problems in the game.

The new stuff just requires a little bit of teamwork.

Well, personally I do mind the whole "forced teamwork" aspect. The game is filled with idiots, filled with noobs, filled with tons of headless chickens. I actually had fun soloing Torturess Venerator and Hellfire Abomination, because doing them on my own was much more satisfying that you could ever get in a squad. In a squad, all I can even bother with is spark and auto-attack mostly because setting up things like using Power Dash or Subsea is wasted as the bosses die too quickly. Also due to BB I don't even need to bother interrupting the water debuff on Torturess.

Just from soloing BH Seat I had motivation to get a Pan Gu, Creator and I would've then proceeded to get my 100 culti for Spell Cutter and Blood Frenzy. Now though? Well if I'm forced into a squad, plus to do bosses where APS is a detriment, I have absolutely no reason to get that tome, nor the 100 culti skills. That leaves me merchanting for coins to wait until a really good orb sale to refine my gear even further. But that refining won't really matter.

And I'm not even going to bring up the fact that the DPS I have with my +6 Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is roughly equal to the DPS I get from my +6 Ocean Supreme Dagger. In a setting where APS is a detriment, obviously the latter is superior. So yeah.

As for all the usual stuff about sins: I don't PvP due to the PvP in this game being ****. I don't TW because of timezone issues. I also don't farm Nirvana because I find that to be tedious. I don't solo FCC or TT because that would be tedious not to mention I don't have a level 75+ character on my other account to open FCC with.

Heck, it took me quite a long time to accidentally discover that you can avoid magic attacks like that of Blackhole or the water debuff on Torturess Venerator simply because you never need to do that in a squad.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited May 2012
    -removed-

Fixed it for you.

My statement is not a complaint, it is a statement of fact. One that many also see and complain about I am simply stating it so you would understand that it is indeed a real issue with the game and the company not just a figment of imagination like you seem to think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not saying that either. PWE's life expectancy of their game was 3-5 years they stated that in their annual report. What that means is that they believe they will stop making a profit on a game after 3-5 years. Well we are almost to the 4 year mark? Which means they EXPECT the game not to last another year they EXPECT to let it die and replace it with something else. It may last slightly longer since it's their flagship game, but they know it is dying as it is in the middle of the time frame they EXPECTED it to die. Which tells me they are devoting most of their resources to either buying out other games or creating new ones, not to supporting this game with truely quality updates.

So instead you're mad that the game exceeded its life expectation and that they ARE still sinking money into it? Wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

How is this at all related to the new update? PWE doesn't even make the updates for our version of the game. We get our updates from China. PWE just applies them.

Have you moved on to QQing about random, inconclusive information and your own assumptions now?
    edited May 2012
    So instead you're mad that the game exceeded its life expectation and that they ARE still sinking money into it? Wow.

No, I am not sinking any money into, haven't been for quite awhile. Why is everyone determined to put words in my mouth. And no not mad just disappointed because this WAS such a good game, but because of the companies poor choices and the greed of a lot of players it has gone steadily downhill and will soon hit rock bottom.

And yes that is a Frankie style soon
    How is this at all related to the new update? PWE doesn't even make the updates for our version of the game. We get our updates from China. PWE just applies them.

If you can't see how the 2 are related then.... well.... I don't feel like starting an insult war with you since you can use descriptions of yourself against me and win.

I guess some people just like not being able to see how things work how one thing always effects another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    No, I am not sinking any money into, haven't been for quite awhile. Why is everyone determined to put words in my mouth. And no not mad just disappointed because this WAS such a good game, but because of the companies poor choices and the greed of a lot of players it has gone steadily downhill and will soon hit rock bottom.

I didn't SAY you were spending, I said PWCN is spending money on prolonging the life of their game. And for some reason this pisses you off. Frankly, I don't give a **** how much you spend or even if you play. I do think you need to take a step back, breathe, and reevaluate why you are so antagonistic to the game you admit to playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

I think you misinterpreted her post pretty severely there.

Edit: ninja'd
    edited May 2012
    I didn't SAY you were spending, I said PWCN is spending money on prolonging the life of their game. And for some reason this pisses you off. Frankly, I don't give a **** how much you spend or even if you play. I do think you need to take a step back, breathe, and reevaluate why you are so antagonistic to the game you admit to playing.

Sorry had a dyslexic moment and misread, but the facts remain unchanged.

And for some reason you are under the impression I am raging, sorry you feel that way but I'm not. I am perhaps a bit frustrated that you can't understand my point that they are just milking the player base as much as possible until they decide to close down, but hey.

And as to why I am still playing is because as I said, it WAS a good game and I've enjoyed it alot over the years, though I honestly can't say how much longer I will continue to play. I used to defend the devs and the gms quite abit, but in the last 6 months the slow decline has turned into a mudslide and it disappoints me that the company has allowed it to happen, have they tried to prevent it yes, but not with as much effort as their "flagship" game deserved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Sorry had a dyslexic moment and misread, but the facts remain unchanged.

And for some reason you are under the impression I am raging, sorry you feel that way but I'm not. I am perhaps a bit frustrated that you can't understand my point that they are just milking the player base as much as possible until they decide to close down, but hey.

And as to why I am still playing is because as I said, it WAS a good game and I've enjoyed it alot over the years, though I honestly can't say how much longer I will continue to play. I used to defend the devs and the gms quite abit, but in the last 6 months the slow decline has turned into a mudslide and it disappoints me that the company has allowed it to happen, have they tried to prevent it yes, but not with as much effort as their "flagship" game deserved.

If you're not mad, then tell me WHY you are posting nasty comments in a thread for people who enjoy the new content? Milking the playerbase? They're getting more life out of a game by releasing new content. How is that "milking"? Isn't ANY new patch or update on any game by your definition "milking the playerbase"? They exceeded or plan to exceed their estimated game life, get over it and relax. For all you know they could be working on a major overhaul for the game engine as we speak (unlikely, but entirely possible). Additionally, 3-5 year life expectancy is their quote from LAST YEAR. That means they plan for PWI to be around for another 2-4 years. In the world of gaming, that's almost a small eternity.

What exactly is this decline you speak of in game play? Remember, PWI is not PWCN. PWCN's devs have done nothing but release interesting intriguing new content for the past six months as well as fix bugs and make a (partly misguided) attempt at game balance. They may be slow, but they are still creating new content for the flagship game CONSTANTLY. If PWI has been releasing ****ty sales or not punishing glitchers properly, that's their problem.

Again, I'll suggest you take a step back and try to figure out why you are REALLY mad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    So different opinions aren't acceptable to you? It seems that you are the one that is angry and raging and posting nasty comments, but if the obviousness of the game and the companies decline can't be seen by you I guess your own anger can't either. But trust me I am not angry just disappointed and a bit frustrated by people that can't see what's in front of them.

You are happy with it, good for you. That's your right and you expressed it and I have expressed mine. No where in your op did you say "please only post positive discussion on the update in my thread" in fact you even expressed some things you were disappointed in, sorry you feel that I don't have the same right to express my disappointment in it aswell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    So different opinions aren't acceptable to you? It seems that you are the one that is angry and raging and posting nasty comments, but if the obviousness of the game and the companies decline can't be seen by you I guess your own anger can't either. But trust me I am not angry just disappointed and a bit frustrated by people that can't see what's in front of them.

You are happy with it, good for you. That's your right and you expressed it and I have expressed mine. No where in your op did you say "please only post positive discussion on the update in my thread" in fact you even expressed some things you were disappointed in, sorry you feel that I don't have the same right to express my disappointment in it aswell.

I'm not raging or mad, I'm just an ******* with very little tolerance for people like you. There's no point in dancing around that fact. There's also a difference between actually criticizing something for factual reasons, and QQIHATEVERYTHINGQQ and I'd be happy to explain to you which of the above you are doing (hint: it's not the former). You haven't named a single actual THING that is in game and is wrong now, just a sense of general "THIS GAME IS MILKING YOU AND ITS DYING" and "IT WASN'T BROKE SO WHY CHANGE IT?!". Self hypocrisy is another of my pet peeves.

Perhaps, just perhaps, you have not realized that YOU are the one who is on the wrong track. And as you're so well read on the first amendment, you realize I have the right to tell you to GTFO and do some self-examination as well. And I will. As long as it takes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

I guess some people just like not being able to see how things work how one thing always effects another.

Are you referencing the butterfly effect?

Lets QQ about Chaos theory now. That should be fun.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Are you referencing the butterfly effect?

Lets QQ about Chaos theory now. That should be fun.

Ooh, lets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's challenging, fun, and a good teamwork exercise. New EU is amazing and enjoyable as well as challenging. I appreciate the Dev's hard work there, though I think they coulda given the instance a face lift. There should be sparkly bushes everywhere btw.

Additionally, none of the things people are "QQing" or "RAGE QUITTING" about are.... actual things.

Token Price? will be down when the npc goes in a week.

Fairy boxes requiring keys? OH gosh, you have to do a BH 1 every once in a while, fancy that.

BH bosses too hard? Bring a veno to purge for once in your life and it's EZ mode. Can't find a veno? Use SKILLS. You know, SKILLS.

Warsong and Lunar bosses impossibly hard for your squad? The mats they drop are for THIRD CAST of the top gear in the game, why are you even there if you're not going for it? They're not even tradable. Seriously.

Only thing I'm waiting for now? PWI to stop delaying freaking fashion. TAKE MY MONEY. PLEASE.

I didn't read the qq comments, no time. Token prices go up, it is 1 week long, that is fine. If it comes back permanently, just do divine quests folks, those pots may not be as good, but they work just as well and are free. Ever since i could get them, i have never bought hp, mp food from tokens. I still complain about token prices, but all things move relatively, prices will adjust, question is, does the average player want to adjust or not.

I like the fairy boxes keys, means i can open more fairy boxes on the toon i do tt on mostly. It never made sense to me to have a toon that farmed and did bh separately, for those who do, i feel your pain. At the same time, i wonder at the wisdom, stockpiling 1k+ boxes, it will take you eons to open at 6 a day.

New bh boss, bosses buff themselves b:shocked, what is this pwi? I quit.

Warsong and lunar bosses vile versions are similar difficulty as the bh bosses. If you can't kill the bh boss, don't try the new version. Mold are bound, so if you want something and it drops, chances are some ***** will pick it up(wow p rick is a bad word, never knew), in hopes of getting it even though they won't be making the gear. When we do it, if no one wants the mold, it goes random and we npc it.

New AEU, only had issues of killing elemental and physical immune bosses, but that just required a balanced squad to start with. Other two variations are not hard at all. Sadly most people don't read, follow instructions. When npc says go hide in bushes, no use trying to spark as a sin and tanking the boss b:thanks.

I like this new content the best so far, it caters to my character very well, and gear is easy to farm with your friends, faction. As Kerona said, if you are looking for the molds, you already have the gear to take on the bosses, if you don't have the gear but still want the molds, get the gear first, it will make life easier. It's like a lvl 1 person saying i want r9 new gear +12 with josd. Sure you can have it, but get to 101 first, 2nd get r9, third recast it, 4th get the molds and items and make it. Asking to join squad when you can't survive aoes from bosses will not look good for you.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'll just stick this here....Eats popcorn
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited May 2012
    I'm not raging or mad, I'm just an ******* with very little tolerance for people like you. There's no point in dancing around that fact. There's also a difference between actually criticizing something for factual reasons, and QQIHATEVERYTHINGQQ and I'd be happy to explain to you which of the above you are doing (hint: it's not the former). You haven't named a single actual THING that is in game and is wrong now, just a sense of general "THIS GAME IS MILKING YOU AND ITS DYING" and "IT WASN'T BROKE SO WHY CHANGE IT?!". Self hypocrisy is another of my pet peeves.

Perhaps, just perhaps, you have not realized that YOU are the one who is on the wrong track. And as you're so well read on the first amendment, you realize I have the right to tell you to GTFO and do some self-examination as well. And I will. As long as it takes.

I must say you do make me laugh, but not in the way you are thinking, more like watching a video of a **** puppy.

And if self hypocrisy is one of your pet peeves, why are you the Resident QQer, seems to me you are qqing over people qqing or not qqing or people just wanting a civilized discussion, but I guess you like talking/typing just to hear/see your own words. Is vainity one of your pet peeves too?

I could list things wrong with the game or walk you through the process of how it's gone down hill both from the devolpers actions and PWE's, but what would be the point, it's all been said before, many times by you, but I guess we aren't talking about those things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    I must say you do make me laugh, but not in the way you are thinking, more like watching a video of a **** puppy.

And if self hypocrisy is one of your pet peeves, why are you the Resident QQer, seems to me you are qqing over people qqing or not qqing or people just wanting a civilized discussion, but I guess you like talking/typing just to hear/see your own words. Is vainity one of your pet peeves too?

I could list things wrong with the game or walk you through the process of how it's gone down hill both from the devolpers actions and PWE's, but what would be the point, it's all been said before, many times by you, but I guess we aren't talking about those things.

You've lost the argument. Time to go home now, little boy. Before you get hurt. And I'm in a hurting sort of mood.

As for my posting, I have a personal goal to exceed my PvP kills with my post count. You caught me. So much further to go! Reading what I type is AWESOME. By the way, lets talk about how you joined a year later than me and have almost my post count. Hmmm!

You "could" but you "won't" because you "can't". Even when prompted to several times, you didn't. Lets be real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

*Gasp* You laugh at mentally challenged puppies? YOU MONSTER!!
    edited May 2012
    It's nice to see you have nothing to add to the discussion. Like perhaps why you think the company isn't milking this game like they have their other's before shutting them down, but I guess you like paying out for the same pixels over and over just recolored.

I'm sorry but I'm not so shallow or selfabsorbed that anything you could say could hurt me, not to mention that I'm sure I'm at least twice your age. But you probably will have the last post as I will leave work and go home to my beautiful girlfriend b:pleased and have wonderful relations with her and fall blissfully asleep completly unbothered by anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    It's nice to see you have nothing to add to the discussion. Like perhaps why you think the company isn't milking this game like they have their other's before shutting them down, but I guess you like paying out for the same pixels over and over just recolored.

I'm sorry but I'm not so shallow or selfabsorbed that anything you could say could hurt me, not to mention that I'm sure I'm at least twice your age. But you probably will have the last post as I will leave work and go home to my beautiful girlfriend b:pleased and have wonderful relations with her and fall blissfully asleep completly unbothered by anything.

I've been asking YOU why you think the company is doing these things but you can't seem to come up with a response. I've explained at least 3 times now why I think that accusation is ridiculous. You responded by comparing me to a **** puppy. Right.

While I think we all know what you just said is utterly false, and does not back up your argument in any way shape or form, I acknowledge that you are trying to beat a tactical retreat while flinging things you think will be hurtful at someone you know actually nothing about. I will instead go back to painting my toe nails all sparkly, and waiting for more trollbait to arrive.

By the way, if I wasn't bothering you, you wouldn't have reverted to stupid ad hominem insults instead of actually backing up your argument factually. Nice try though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/self-absorbed
    I think you mean to say that you ARE self-absorbed. Otherwise you would care about outside sources of criticism. Vocabulary is fun!

You offered the last post so I figured someone should take it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I had it explained to me like this one, star. IDK if I've mentioned it....

You know your friend who always fails Super Mario level 1, and no matter what you do to try to get them past it, they always fall in the pits. They want to succeed as much as you want them to, but it's just not their skill. You can teach them little tips and tricks to maybe get them through first level, only to see them fail terribly on the second.

PWI is like this. Some people will get it. Some people will not get it, but try really hard to get it. Others will not get it and expect others to carry them through because they can't be bothered to learn something that seems unnatural to them.
    next time u come with me keroppi b:cool i show u what sort of squad i get. ready a scalp massager too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    next time u come with me keroppi b:cool i show u what sort of squad i get. ready a scalp massager too

I love those things! Especially the big spider looking ones that give you the chills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    I've been asking YOU why you think the company is doing these things but you can't seem to come up with a response. I've explained at least 3 times now why I think that accusation is ridiculous. You responded by comparing me to a **** puppy. Right.

While I think we all know what you just said is utterly false, and does not back up your argument in any way shape or form, I acknowledge that you are trying to beat a tactical retreat while flinging things you think will be hurtful at someone you know actually nothing about. I will instead go back to painting my toe nails all sparkly, and waiting for more trollbait to arrive.

By the way, if I wasn't bothering you, you wouldn't have reverted to stupid insults instead of actually backing up your argument factually. Nice try though.

I think they are because of the actions they have taken in their previous games, actions they are taking in this game, the companies annual reports and most importantly the attitudes of the player community as a whole, not just those that play this game.

I didn't compare you to a **** puppy, I said you make me laugh like I do while watching a **** puppy.

And no you weren't bothering me, I was just trying to having a fun discussion and my insults weren't stupid I found them quite amusing and it made sure you would always post again. One of my top priorities is always my own amusement and believe me you have given me plenty. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    I think they are because of the actions they have taken in their previous games, actions they are taking in this game, the companies annual reports and most importantly the attitudes of the player community as a whole, not just those that play this game.

I didn't compare you to a **** puppy, I said you make me laugh like I do while watching a **** puppy.

And no you weren't bothering me, I was just trying to having a fun discussion and my insults weren't stupid I found them quite amusing and it made sure you would always post again. One of my top priorities is always my own amusement and believe me you have given me plenty. b:pleased

What actions did they take in their past games? What actions are they taking with this game? Still nothing concrete. Maybe in another 10 posts, you'll throw us another bone.

Kid, I will always post again. I have a PvP score to beat. Don't flatter yourself with thinking you caused it. I +1 more threads daily than I can dare to count.

So bothered, couldn't even leave when he said he was. Tsk tsk. When you lose, you lose hard. Your supposed age belies your maturity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

I thought you went away?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simile
    The bold part is a Simile, which is a type of Comparison. Grammar is fun!
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2012