[Attention] LF > Goon Glitch update from PWE Staff

Comments

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've gone to all this effort to avoid using pronouns because I don't know if Sihndra is a guy or a girl. b:shutup

Judging by the way it drinks, I think it's safe to assume Sihndra is a guy.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Judging by the way it drinks, I think it's safe to assume Sihndra is a guy.

Or, Sihndra is a sorority girl. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Or, Sihndra is a sorority girl. b:chuckle

touch'e
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If I just started to play this game and saw the non-action on the part of the GM's after what they said, I'd quit right on the spot, and I assume some do. No response means game pretty much sucks for the player base and the GM's just don't care. Game dead as I see it, driving too many away with word of mouth.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    condo2009 wrote: »
    If I just started to play this game and saw the non-action on the part of the GM's after what they said, I'd quit right on the spot, and I assume some do. No response means game pretty much sucks for the player base and the GM's just don't care. Game dead as I see it, driving too many away with word of mouth.

The difference being that this issue concerns maybe 1% of the active player base who actually gives a ****. The rest of us don't care at all if Frankie responds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    The difference being that this issue concerns maybe 1% of the active player base who actually gives a ****. The rest of us don't care at all if Frankie responds.

As the resident QQer, shouldn't you be QQing the loudest about this? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Tremble, I had a conversation with a few people from a certain TW faction. Apparently their faction had 70 people banned because of abusing various glitches.

I'm not sure whether that helps you feel better. Of course, they don't know specifics.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Day 32 of waiting for PWE staff to give us an update.
    edited March 2012
    Day 33 of waiting for PWE staff to give us an update.
    edited March 2012
    Day 34 of waiting for PWE staff to give us an update.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'll give you this tremble, you won't give up!
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    damn the goonies thread is still alive!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    epic how certain ppl got nothing better to do than sit around and QQ about stuffs they cant/couldnt do themselves.

one thing i gotta ask u...
    what does it give u to get those ppl banned?
    cept for the satisfaction that "hahaha u got banned u nerds", which would only proof u aint ANY better at all, if not worse, since its YOU who actually wants to harm people
    if u think about it the goon glitchers e.g. let the herb market bloom, and even non-zentraders had a chance to make money, which is actually a GOOD thing

so again...what does it give u?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Tremble, I had a conversation with a few people from a certain TW faction. Apparently their faction had 70 people banned because of abusing various glitches.

I'm not sure whether that helps you feel better. Of course, they don't know specifics.

Very curious on what faction told you that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • LishaLove - Archosaur
    LishaLove - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm sure PWI staff would loose alot of money, bringing this down. I highly doubt it will ever happen. Unless when they stop the "glitch" they somehow profit from it.
    edited March 2012
    shashahah wrote: »
    epic how certain ppl got nothing better to do than sit around and QQ about stuffs they cant/couldnt do themselves.

one thing i gotta ask u...
    what does it give u to get those ppl banned?
    cept for the satisfaction that "hahaha u got banned u nerds", which would only proof u aint ANY better at all, if not worse, since its YOU who actually wants to harm people
    if u think about it the goon glitchers e.g. let the herb market bloom, and even non-zentraders had a chance to make money, which is actually a GOOD thing

so again...what does it give u?

Read the thread again. You and about 95% of the community are unable to read nor understand what I write.

I don't care if people are banned. I don't care about the morality behind this. I don't care if people aren't banned. All I'm doing is looking for an update to the past update on the status of what is going on. Yes, Frankie already gave a little post. No, it wasn't satisfactory. It wasn't an update to the original update.

I'm also not "QQing". I'm not mad, nor upset. No emotion at all has been shown on my end. I'm not clarifying if I'm mad, sad, upset, excited, over-joyed, etc. It wouldn't be a logical statement to say whether or not I'm "QQing" under the non-emotional circumstances that have been presented as of present.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    its not that i cant read, i just dont waste time reading the spam qqs following the first statement

its better to state ur point RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING so ppl will actually read

from what u posted first (and the threadname itself, since theres so many similar threads already) it sounds like another QQ, so if ur actually pissed about PWE STAFF not responding, why not name the thread differently in the first place so ppl would know right away what this is actually about
  • Kirbs - Heavens Tear
    Kirbs - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm looking for a response to the original post of him stating they would be banned. They are currently still playing the game, so obviously this hasn't happened as of yet. I'm looking for an update to his response from months ago, which if you look in my last thread - you will find all the information you so desire. If I was in the wrong or incorrect, why would PWE staff purposely avoid my last thread for 26 days? They even avoided a mod PMing them, lol. If I was wrong, wouldn't they correct me?

It's not hard to understand, really. Again; I'm looking for an update to the update.

So basically what you are saying, is that you think people who goon glitched, will receive a ban that lasts longer than 26 days? In case you didn't know, that normally obliges after they have been warned to stop.

There's a difference between glitching, and PWI stating NOT to do so. Take glitching skills for an example, did GM's ever state or post anything, anywhere about not being able to glitch skills? Hell, that lasted for quite a while, probably even years. When GM's took action on the goon glitching, they then stated (in basic terms), 'If you continue you will be banned' by warning people from what I've heard so far. Therefore, GM's should pick a select date from when people were asked to stop, then take action on the people who ignored this warning and continued abusing the glitch. Also when you look at it, minimum 50% of people that are 105 (speaking from HT's perspective) Pay to play this game, they are what keep us playing. Without people paying to play, we wouldn't have gold available in AH, we wouldn't have gems/shards, orbs laying around. Think around the box a bit =)

Once again, people who figure glitches out, obviously help PWI in the long run. The Dev's just need to be faster with shutting these type of things down. +1 to GM's for letting people know that if they continued glitching the 'Public Quest glitch', they would be banned. These type of things is what you want from GM's, not just automatically banning people that they didn't even warn. I'm sure all the GM's have chat logs that would show them warning people who goon glitched. Like I said, if they were smart with their bans, they would ban people who further continued to glitch after being warned.
  • Kirbs - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Read the thread again. You and about 95% of the community are unable to read nor understand what I write.

I don't care if people are banned. I don't care about the morality behind this. I don't care if people aren't banned. All I'm doing is looking for an update to the past update on the status of what is going on. Yes, Frankie already gave a little post. No, it wasn't satisfactory. It wasn't an update to the original update.

I'm also not "QQing". I'm not mad, nor upset. No emotion at all has been shown on my end. I'm not clarifying if I'm mad, sad, upset, excited, over-joyed, etc. It wouldn't be a logical statement to say whether or not I'm "QQing" under the non-emotional circumstances that have been presented as of present.

LOL, If you don't care about people being banned, the morality behind this, claim that you're not 'QQ'ing' in any type of way, you're not mad, nor upset.... etc.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU MAKE THIS THREAD, HER DER....

Obvious troll is obvious. You don't make a thread about people being banned because of goon glitching, and then claim you don't care about them being banned. IF you didn't care you would have walked away from the forums, make some sense please.

Also here is a quote from you;
    I'm looking for a response to the original post of him stating they would be banned. They are currently still playing the game, so obviously this hasn't happened as of yet.

Now tell me that you don't care if they're banned, kthxbye troll.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012

/facehoof

He cares to see that the company follows through with its stated course of action. He does not care what action they actually take.

It was stated that the glitchers would be punished. The company has not followed through with its claim (and indeed, Frankie reinforced in this thread the notion that punishment is going to happen).

If Frankie came to the forum tomorrow and said "Hey, we're not going to do anything about it after all", that would be the end of Tremblewith caring about it.

How is this hard to understand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    /facehoof

He cares to see that the company follows through with its stated course of action. He does not care what action they actually take.

It was stated that the glitchers would be punished. The company has not followed through with its claim (and indeed, Frankie reinforced in this thread the notion that punishment is going to happen).

If Frankie came to the forum tomorrow and said "Hey, we're not going to do anything about it after all", that would be the end of Tremblewith caring about it.

+1

Someone who actually reads and comprehends my posts. :)
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Tell me...

Why do you care about this thread? If you think he's a troll, why respond? Why do people who claim they don't care want to fight back so badly? The only thing your really doing is bumping the thread b:chuckle

Tremblewith you should thank them!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Tell me...

Why do you care about this thread? If you think he's a troll, why respond? Why do people who claim they don't care want to fight back so badly? The only thing your really doing is bumping the thread b:chuckle

He has a Lv. 105 character, just click on the avatar.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    +1

Someone who actually reads and comprehends my posts. :)

It's sad to see how many people lack basic reading comprehension these days. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LecusSkylark - Raging Tide
    LecusSkylark - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not really surprised just look at all the sins that think they are pro when they hide in stealth and kill a no geared cleric bragging about it when they wasted a ig and double spark to kill someone with 3k hps :3

I read to page 24ish...?

Then I stopped to many stupid people don't understand the point nice job though b:surrender
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm socially fit in the game, and have a multitude of friends who asked me to goon glitch w/ them (I refused, ofc). They are still playing the game, and went from 101-105 in a matter of a week or two. People who asked for goon squads in World Chat are also still playing and level 105.

How do I know if they have been banned? I speak to them on a daily basis on Vent and Skype. But thanks for the concern to the matter, lol.

Tremblewith: Dude you still log PWI?

GoonGlitchFriend: Yea bro, why?

Tremblewith: I post to forums every day for 3 farking months to get you banned! This **** aint right!

GoonGlitchFriend: WTF is the matter with you?? I thought we were friends?

Tremblewith: I am your friend. This aint about friends. This is about PWI.

GoonGlitchFriend: We aint friends and you farcked up!
  • Kirbs - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Tell me...

Obviously proving trolls wrong is the best part about the forums, it's full of 'em.
    /facehoof

Right? I never said anything wrong about him NOT wanting them to take action, now it comes back to you tools not comprehending. I said, Tremblewith stated that he did not care about people being banned, where in that one previous quote I stated in le previous post, that actually showed how much he cared about people being banned. Let me show you again.
    I'm looking for a response to the original post of him stating they would be banned. They are currently still playing the game, so obviously this hasn't happened as of yet.

Now, speaking of comprehension for the people who tried proving my point invalid. IF he did not care, why would he take note of people who aren't banned? b:cute
    That was cute, but nice try.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012

Now, speaking of comprehension for the people who tried proving my point invalid. IF he did not care, why would he take note of people who aren't banned? b:cute
    That was cute, but nice try.

That doesn't show that he cares to see people banned. That only shows that he can see PWE's lack of action because he personally knows people who glitched and knows that they have not been punished.

As I said before, if Frankie came here tomorrow and said "Oh, hey, yeah, we changed our minds. We aren't going to punish anyone who used the glitch", that would be the end of the discussion. This is about PWE making claims of action and then not following through with them. This has nothing to do with any personal vendetta against other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That doesn't show that he cares to see people banned. That only shows that he can see PWE's lack of action because he personally knows people who glitched and knows that they have not been punished.

As I said before, if Frankie came here tomorrow and said "Oh, hey, yeah, we changed our minds. We aren't going to punish anyone who used the glitch", that would be the end of the discussion. This is about PWE making claims of action and then not following through with them. This has nothing to do with any personal vendetta against other players.

What Tsukyini said basically. Do people not know what an update is? Frankie said something would be done but nothing happened. I'm not looking to see anyone banned also because I have friends who've glitched. But the community was basically lied to. Not only were they lied to, they also got slapped in the face because they didn't jump on this glitch when they had the chance.

Next glitch that pops up people should just keep their mouths shut and abuse it as much as they want. That's the message I see from the Devs. Depending on if Tremblewith gets an answer we all will know whats truly going on with this game. We all know it's pretty much broken but being able to abuse glitches is just xD
This discussion has been closed.