Miss the Original PW?

Options

Comments

• prugames
    prugames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    excatly my thoughts lols xD, i find that before all those changes ppl had lesser of an ego; like just recently i had helped out in this fb69 and that sin was still a bit new to the game i was rather calm and just told him what to do, and then you got those ppl in squad who go like " wtf hurry up i don't have all day for you" which is what kinda annoys me a bit

^ This and so many others thoughts.

I've just come back to PWI after a couple of years or so, and started again. Still very low level, but first thing I noticed was the difference in world chat. I saw people asking for 300+k to run lower levels around (somewhere that I don't know yet).

I remember before genies, or when we all moaned because gold was 100k, lol. Imagine my suprise when I saw what it is now.
    I remember when we helped people and were helped because it was fun, because we could teach and learn at the same time. I know games progress, additional content gets added, that's a good thing, but it feels different. Almost like an ethos of rush rush rush, don't play the game for everything it holds, just reach end-game.

For example there's another PWE game, where people were levelling so fast I asked them, are you actually reading anything? and they would reply, why do I need to read, I just click ok and use auto route. Shame really because there's so much in games that the devs/designers put into them.

Sure I'll get to know the new things. Haven't played since TB came out, so it looks like a lot. I'll say this though from personal preference. If I need help (FB19 coming soon) I like having help, not someone to do it for me. I hate feeling useless.

Sorry for rambling.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. - Scott Adams
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It seem the game now more designed to make you rush level quickly, especially with all those gift of awesome timed equipment for low level. (so those without money can level up fast too)

One way to enjoy today PW are by playing slowly, like innocent first time player.
    (not really innocent, since real first time player may going to quit right away after realizing the p2w and gold prices)
    When you receive quest that cannot be done alone and no one want to help you, it's a good idea to manage your money rather than desperately chasing lv100+. I found the money are the greatest F2P challenge for games like PW, you will be more proud on having billion coins than having Lv 100 characters without the best gear and luxuries. b:shutup

This game now just a casual expensive show off social game. b:chuckle
    It's funny that people rush lv by buying FC, so they later can make money by providing FC service for lower lv character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • skyshae
    skyshae Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've just returned after 4 years. I haven't been on the game yet to see the differences. I'm quite worried though from what I've read on here.
  • Princece - Harshlands
    Princece - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i miss old days when starting towns was full of noobs, now u can see just alts in snowy willage, all atarting territories r empty.
    - Signature removed for inappropriate language filter circumvention -
  • prugames
    prugames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    skyshae wrote: »
    I've just returned after 4 years. I haven't been on the game yet to see the differences. I'm quite worried though from what I've read on here.

Skyshae, I feel bit that way too, but I think I'll go with the attitude of playing for fun and relaxing, hopefully meeting new people and not worrying about the small stuff. I'm going to take my time and level the old fashioned way.

Fun ftw.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. - Scott Adams
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Remember when the company actually gave a **** about what we thought? Remember when the events were actually fun, and everyone could participate in them without spending money? Remember when 1 gold was 100k?

Now its becoming hard for me to remember this, because the company let their game go to the trash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • skyshae
    skyshae Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    prugames wrote: »
    Skyshae, I feel bit that way too, but I think I'll go with the attitude of playing for fun and relaxing, hopefully meeting new people and not worrying about the small stuff. I'm going to take my time and level the old fashioned way.

Fun ftw.

Hell yes, hours of grinding here I come<3
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well ive only been playing since about last april. idk i really am not that active in this game to tell major diffrences. If theres one thing ive learned, at least i found people questing around april through about june. then i noticied everyone dropped questing completely in all my areas. i was still lvling up alot of chars at once so its a pretty lame experince to have nobody around :/. Too bad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I agree with much of what has been said here. While I wasn't a huge grinding fan, grinding was cool at times because you would often meet similarly leveled while doing so. I swear I added 2-4 friends to my friends list every time I played the game.

Although BH wasn't around in the original days, it was a fun addition because you actually got to test out your character in a team environment. Doing BH with people around your level was really fun. When I tried to do one recently, I couldn't find anyone that was willing to do it without the assistance of a high level.

Now it seems that the community is just dead in PW. I remember when I could find people anywhere around the world, but now the only place you see people is inside of the major cities, and even then it doesn't even begin to compare to how many people use to be around.

Overall, I would say although there have been many good improvements to PW (minus Packs and the whole Cash Shop "IWIN" button in general), the community is truly what has suffered in the process. That was what made the game enjoyable for me.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alDTfAqB5co a tribute video i made couple months back to how PWI use to be and whats changed since and how its affected the otherwise use to be populated areas, seems relevant to post here b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I miss Spoons. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeoryn
    aeoryn Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I miss the variety of characters everyone was playing, even with 4 less classes available back then everyone had a purpose. Rising Tide really damaged the long term playabilty of the game.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I dont want old days back, they were a pain.
    If you want old days back you should consider all circumstances aswell, like you take 3 hours for a 1-2 run, refines higher than +6 would cost a fortune and are out of reach, flawless shards would coust 1.2 million coins again. You will probably not be able to do anything.
    Crapmolds will cost million coins again. and all you have in exchange is goldprices are 100k again. So why would you want old days back? what was so rewarding about grinding?

In those days grinding was not rewarding at all. it is the same like it is nowadays. People who know how to merchant will be the rich like today, or Cashshoppers. You should forget about all the farming, because 5 aps or high dps was not possible at those days. green tt mats will cost 5 million coins again hurray. no i dont want old days back they were a pain

Why do you need better gear than that? Consider when good gear was +5 hh90 with g6-g7. That didn't actually take long to get, you could farm some HH, pick mats or use the money you saved grinding your levels and you would easily have enough like everyone else. +7 armor was thought of as OP yet with your average +5 you could easily put up a great fight, especially if the player relied on their +7 refines instead of skill. Nowadays the difference between average gear and OP completely removes any chance an undergeared player could have.
  • Nymfystazia - Heavens Tear
    Nymfystazia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:victory
    prugames wrote: »
    ^ This and so many others thoughts.

I've just come back to PWI after a couple of years or so, and started again. Still very low level, but first thing I noticed was the difference in world chat. I saw people asking for 300+k to run lower levels around (somewhere that I don't know yet).

I remember before genies, or when we all moaned because gold was 100k, lol. Imagine my suprise when I saw what it is now.
    I remember when we helped people and were helped because it was fun, because we could teach and learn at the same time. I know games progress, additional content gets added, that's a good thing, but it feels different. Almost like an ethos of rush rush rush, don't play the game for everything it holds, just reach end-game.

For example there's another PWE game, where people were levelling so fast I asked them, are you actually reading anything? and they would reply, why do I need to read, I just click ok and use auto route. Shame really because there's so much in games that the devs/designers put into them.

Sure I'll get to know the new things. Haven't played since TB came out, so it looks like a lot. I'll say this though from personal preference. If I need help (FB19 coming soon) I like having help, not someone to do it for me. I hate feeling useless.

Sorry for rambling.

I have to agree with both your comments and the one you were quoting. I miss the days when we would squad with people in the area and chat while we killed ****. I met incredible people that way some I am RL friends with to this day. I took a break from PW for awhile, played other MMO's and came back to PW ULTIMATELY because of how it was in the years past. Every game now seems to be Get to end game as fast as you can. Why???? Are you in RL trying to get to your end game as fast as possible??? You can't hit revive in RL. Slow down, enjoy life (RL and in game) AND enjoy the game as it was meant to be played. Get to know who people are they aren't pixels in RL.

I remember forum posts being fun and interesting and I could spend as much time on here reading and commenting as I did playing the game. (Which was ALOOOOT) I talked to mods and GM's a lot and felt like we as players mattered. My girly humps were appreciated and sought after daily. (LOL) And we all enjoyed making each other laugh. And hell I'm not talking about 20 years ago.... in 10 inches of snow people....That was ONLY 2 YEARS AGO!!! WTH happened to ya'll?

Anyhow, stazy still loves ya'll and will still play. So say hi if you see my little lowbe self playing.
    b:kissstazb:dirty
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alDTfAqB5co a tribute video i made couple months back to how PWI use to be and whats changed since and how its affected the otherwise use to be populated areas, seems relevant to post here b:shy

b:sad...........so many good memories..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    aeoryn wrote: »
    I miss the variety of characters everyone was playing, even with 4 less classes available back then everyone had a purpose. Rising Tide really damaged the long term playabilty of the game.

Yea, mit was mainly the Rising Tide expansion, along with the discovery of 5aps and the addition of R9/pack that really harmed the game.. =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why do you need better gear than that? Consider when good gear was +5 hh90 with g6-g7. That didn't actually take long to get, you could farm some HH, pick mats or use the money you saved grinding your levels and you would easily have enough like everyone else. +7 armor was thought of as OP yet with your average +5 you could easily put up a great fight, especially if the player relied on their +7 refines instead of skill. Nowadays the difference between average gear and OP completely removes any chance an undergeared player could have.

Yup. Back then it was about how well you farmed instead of how much you could spend.

So if you dumped a ton of money into the game back then, you'd be able to afford flawless shards and maybe +5 refines on a full set which was doable as a free to play player as well. And even seeing a piece of 99 gold was awe inspiring.

Gear requirements since then haven't even really increased, they've decreased. The only reason people needed better gear was to one-up the next person, not for any other reason. PvE certainly didn't require it, it just required a squad who knew what they were doing.

b:victory

I have to agree with both your comments and the one you were quoting. I miss the days when we would squad with people in the area and chat while we killed ****. I met incredible people that way some I am RL friends with to this day. I took a break from PW for awhile, played other MMO's and came back to PW ULTIMATELY because of how it was in the years past. Every game now seems to be Get to end game as fast as you can. Why???? Are you in RL trying to get to your end game as fast as possible??? You can't hit revive in RL. Slow down, enjoy life (RL and in game) AND enjoy the game as it was meant to be played. Get to know who people are they aren't pixels in RL.

I remember forum posts being fun and interesting and I could spend as much time on here reading and commenting as I did playing the game. (Which was ALOOOOT) I talked to mods and GM's a lot and felt like we as players mattered. My girly humps were appreciated and sought after daily. (LOL) And we all enjoyed making each other laugh. And hell I'm not talking about 20 years ago.... in 10 inches of snow people....That was ONLY 2 YEARS AGO!!! WTH happened to ya'll?

Anyhow, stazy still loves ya'll and will still play. So say hi if you see my little lowbe self playing.
    b:kissstazb:dirty

Agreed.

Before TB, the game was more fun. The forum was pretty incredible back then too.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wow! A level 60 with a green TT weapon!

XD
    I remember good TW factions seeking players level 50+, clerics level 40+.
    And Seppuku, when they made their first attack it was news, haha. They were considered really high leveled then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Pretty much this^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Breitling - Raging Tide
    Breitling - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Can't say I miss the old PWI since I wasn't playing back then, however reminiscence does tend to come to fruition in other game I played for many years.

Games are like life. Eventually you reach the end.
    Proud Executor of Rapture

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like a good timepiece, a cleric is there when you need it.

Alt: Behike
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yeah it was actually a game then and not a one way ticket to the ff zone.People actually partied to do/helped with fb's,tt's and other daily quest.It was more of a community then.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Itchity - Raging Tide
    Itchity - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yeah it was actually a game then and not a one way ticket to the ff zone.People actually partied to do/helped with fb's,tt's and other daily quest.It was more of a community then.

A little bit of hope:

Killing wolves for the 'test quest in wellspring prior to getting the FB19 quest. I noticed a couple of others arounds, so I asked one of them if he was doing the same quest. Up until this point only one person had spoken to me in game (ty for the random buffs that person).

The guy was doing the same quest, so we partied, and were joined by another. The three of us caught up to speed, handed in, got the next part, etc etc, chatted, had fun and made the quest easier. When it came time to do our FB19, we were very lucky. A passing Archer offered to help us. Didn't ask for a thing in return and even let us try to help as best we could.

So the community isn't all gone, as a lot of these posts show. I had great fun, and met some nice people. There is hope. b:pleased
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A little bit of hope:

Killing wolves for the 'test quest in wellspring prior to getting the FB19 quest. I noticed a couple of others arounds, so I asked one of them if he was doing the same quest. Up until this point only one person had spoken to me in game (ty for the random buffs that person).

The guy was doing the same quest, so we partied, and were joined by another. The three of us caught up to speed, handed in, got the next part, etc etc, chatted, had fun and made the quest easier. When it came time to do our FB19, we were very lucky. A passing Archer offered to help us. Didn't ask for a thing in return and even let us try to help as best we could.

So the community isn't all gone, as a lot of these posts show. I had great fun, and met some nice people. There is hope. b:pleased

Yes, that can happen.
    The point is that it's rare now. It used to be the norm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah i miss

the old days,

when ppl had to

team up to glitch to 105 b:pleased

Nowadays every1 solos

fc again b:cry
    so boringb:sad
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I do! b:sad

PWE were good in the early days....then something changed or they grew large, greedy and couldn't care less about quality....
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Every1 missing old days. But greediness of this company killed game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If they changed back to the old days, people would still bit ch that instances take too long or other stuff, can`t please every1.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    No, can't say I really miss it at all.

Don't get me wrong, there's so many things wrong with the game at the moment. Mainly that the constant pack sales have stuck them in a situation where they keep having to lower cash shop prices to generate profits, which puts the game on a limited lifespan. And the fact that fcc heads have killed a lot of things in game.

But I don't miss the fb or early bh nubs, bad players have been around since the start and even 2 years ago the forums would have many horror stories. I don't miss grinding or wasting endless hours on wq or coin on cs . I don't miss having next to no endgame content. I don't miss gamma/delta being off limits to anyone who didn't know the right people or have friends to teach. I don't miss herc veno's being required to make coin. I don't miss flawless cit's at 800k or mold gear at millions a piece.

There are a lot of new features I rather enjoy too. BH100, Nirvana and normal fcc's can actually be fun if you find a nice squad and don't spam runs 100 times a day. And divine contracts are a very nice addition. And there are still plenty of nice guilds.

Overall, it's the same game as ever. It has it's good points and it's bad. I think the game needs to fix it's current issues (sadly not likely to happen) and keep moving forward rather than revert back to the past (definitely wont ever happen).
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly got the impression that the reason people were falling over themselves to help with FBs had less to do with kindness and more to do with wanting rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Question... am i a noob for csing for plat charms??? Cause even though i dont tick to often i dont want the healers to get pissed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her