Miss the Original PW?

Options
Kriden - Sanctuary
Kriden - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
When high lvls were rare sightings, When grinding was all the rave, when gold was affordable. When we loved everything about Perfect world :D Yes the ones that are long time players of perfect world know what im talking about.

The good ol days were great.. untill packs came out. Whole game ruined.

Post in this thread if You MISS THE OLD DAYS !

PS. ignore join date and post count.. this my alt account!!
Post edited by Kriden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Jewelscalen is so strong!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nope, just miss the old devs.
  • pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i miss old days

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    honestly I dont understand why people love grinding so much. Its generally accepted as a boring thing, or "work." did people really enjoy killing the same mobs over and over again so much that they reminisce about the days when they did?
  • pwiqq
    edited January 2012
    Options
    honestly I dont understand why people love grinding so much. Its generally accepted as a boring thing, or "work." did people really enjoy killing the same mobs over and over again so much that they reminisce about the days when they did?
    yes i miss th olg day

make me grind i love

to grind

b:shocked b:bye b:angry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Grinding was rewarding then because you can buy gold for like 100K back in the day. Even at lv. 50, you can get 5 gold easily with time for your supply stash.

Great for the F2P or casual cashshoppers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I liked the old days because the players and forum posters back then were more on the whole more intelligent and creative. All kids know how to do these days is rage about nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • pwiqq
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I liked the old days because the players and forum posters back then were more on the whole more intelligent and creative. All kids know how to do these days is rage about nothing.
    i like the old

day because

glitchers

were not

able to glitch fc

b:bye

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Have no fear. You will have to grind when the next expansion comes out.
  • pwiqq
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Have no fear. You will have to grind when the next expansion comes out.

what expansion? b:shocked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pwiqq wrote: »
    i like the old

day because

glitchers

were not

able to glitch fc

Ah yes, those were the days. I was high level back then too. Cube was a lot of XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Aesthor - Lost City
    Aesthor - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Or I can post with this account if my main offends your delicate sensibilities.
  • pwiqq
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:angry

I SO ANGERY!

b:angry RAWRRRRRR! b:angry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dahcleric - Raging Tide
    Dahcleric - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When FC was only used to get from lvl85-90 because you couldn't Delta with level 80 gear. and it still took forever to get those 5 levels. b:laugh

Cleric LF zhen squad at wolves b:surrender

100k gold, 30k mirages, +6 weapons were godly, lightning shine from 4 immaculate citrines were MINDBLOWING (let alone even seeing an immaculate shard), world bosses took whole factions nearly an hour to kill and still failed 75% of the time, barbs held aggro, World quest/Crazy stone/envoy/etc etc, secret 1k elder quest at level 50, unbeatable pve TW cities.....

**** this games current state. seriously **** it.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play:
    Wiki wrote:
    Free-to-play can be compared to pay-to-play, in which payment is required before using a service, and freemium, a more general term and a business model in which a product is offered free of charge while a fee is charged for users to access premium features.

If free users can see now R9+12 premium users, then they can understand what are premium features of this game.

They even ready to serve or merchant to get premium features of the game.
    Wiki wrote:
    Unlike real life, virtual worlds have to be fun. Without easy advancement through the storyline or higher character levels, a video game just wouldn't be appealing.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes I miss the old days "B4 the boutiques constant Pack sales & B4 they brought in the concept of hypers..." and B4 they ignored the glitchers "Who then, really realized how much more glitching would be able pay off for them, under the new (hyper/Pack Items) based game economy... As they 'even more fervently' violated many of the (ToS) rules without punishment..." while the Admins turned a blind eye to their Newest rabidly active cash shoppers, actions....

And All that, while the newly reassured CS'ing Glitchers, (payed/glitched) their ways to the top outta nowhere... And then began to manipulate the (TW Map) right out from underneath the old REAL TW~factions, and as a result began to Monopolize! Not only the ingame (coin/price) market, but also the F'ing! Gold Prices Aswell!!? b:angry

Yes I miss the old days, where all players were treated 'fairly & equally' on the F2P Game, and no one was (bypassed & ignored) by the 'powers that be!'

And that no matter how much you spent on the game, you still would be punished for violations incurred, rather then givin a 'free hand' too do whatever ya basically wanted to do, so long as they don't catch ya doing it themselves (Or until so many peaple have to report your violations that it practically has the chance to crash the Ticket system) just because you gave the DEVS more of your cash, then others that played the game normally "Within the (ToS) Rules" gave them, as a cash influx......

Ohh! how I miss those days, where everyone whether (CS'r) or just ingame (coin quester) was all givin a fair shake, at accomplishing something equally in a balanced well thought out game, instead of what now exists..........b:surrender

b:sad Oh how I miss the good old days.........b:bye

Oh and by the way, can you say, a Major Q to the Q!! ??!!!

I only wish we could laugh! about how bad its really become......b:spit
  • Untamed 1 - Sanctuary
    Untamed 1 - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just came back recently to see how much this game has changed.
    Sadly it doesn't seem to be for the better, so yeah, we can reminisce of the good ol' days.

Now I have to ask, am I now the only Player with a space in his/her name?
  • pwiqq
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just came back recently to see how much this game has changed.
    Sadly it doesn't seem to be for the better, so yeah, we can reminisce of the good ol' days.

Now I have to ask, am I now the only Player with a space in his/her name?

sexy name with space and number b:kiss mmmm b:kiss mmmm b:kiss

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed 1 - Sanctuary
    Untamed 1 - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    sexy name with space and number b:kiss mmmm b:kiss mmmm b:kiss

What, you can't have numbers in your name now? b:shocked
  • pwiqq
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What, you can't have numbers in your name now? b:shocked

no noo no no

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Thank you, that avatar is much nicer on the eyes. b:cute

I miss the days of walking to school, barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Hellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nope I don't miss it much. It did have its fun points, but also its sucky things. Really it isn't much different today...I like some things and dislike other things.

Mayve it wasn't as apparent back then, but the guys who make top server characters in matter of days or weeks by cash shopping an powerleveling really seem to irritate me.

Funny the way join dates work, well, been around since may 09, just didnt use forums.
  • Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well I wish I had been around for zhenning squads QQ (Yes really, I find gringing to be quite useful, maybe not for exp)
    And never knew FF/FC was used besides hypering it >.>
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i like the old

day because

glitchers

were not

able to glitch fc

+1 lol b:victory
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well, I don't really miss the old game but rather the old community and GMs, Devs etc.

Back in 2008 the overall community and atmosphere of the game seemed more friendly and less elitist. But sooner or later PWI would change and it did, it's natural.
    Also, the GMs would appear more often in the game and the overall staff seemed to be much more involved in the community of the playerbase. Now we often feel ignored and the customer service is not as effective as it used to be (at least as far as my tickets throughout these 3 years are concerned.)

There were bugs since 2008, several glitches and I can't say I loved grinding. Sure it was fun sometimes together with friends but at some point it became too boring. The leveling was very slow too and we ended up having to grind endlessly just to be able to advance and see other parts of the game.

PWI evolved like every MMO would, or the majority of MMOs. Leveling becomes easier evetually, better gear is obtained, elitist groups grow bigger etc. etc. that was to be expected but then...other things occured like packs, rank in the boutique etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I bought my first panther with coin made from grinding. Gold was 80k each at the time.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just miss being able to buy Aero and Mounts straight out of the Boutique. I'd rather pay 50-75 Gold for aero than spend the same to open packs with a very slim chance of getting it. **** exclusivity.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I miss the old times... Now all we have is a 90% of CSers, 75% of high-lvl noobs, and only a handfull true gamers out here... If only we could go back in time... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wow! A level 60 with a green TT weapon!

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I miss the old times... Now all we have is a 90% of CSers, 75% of high-lvl noobs, and only a handfull true gamers out here... If only we could go back in time... b:surrender

98.2% of all percentages are made up on the spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)