Miss the Original PW?

Options

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Huh... Grinding was all the rage? People HATED grinding. WTF are you talking about?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah...i really miss when you ran outta quest and had to grind your lvl up without bh or hypers... Good ol' days >_>b:surrender
    Stop reminiscing about the past and move on, get with the flow :o
    You're like my late grandma that was amazed everytime she saw my CELLphone but never actually bothered with adapting to the "new" stuff.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah...i really miss when you ran outta quest and had to grind your lvl up without bh or hypers... Good ol' days >_>b:surrender
    Stop reminiscing about the past and move on, get with the flow :o
    You're like my late grandma that was amazed everytime she saw my CELLphone but never actually bothered with adapting to the "new" stuff.

Cell phones are just small portable telephones. That's what I tell my gramma all the time, and even tho she knows how to use a telephone so well (on it about 8 hrs a day) she can't function a simple cellphone (not talking about iPhones or a blackberry or anything...) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    98.2% of all percentages are made up on the spot.

You saw right through me... Well it's hard to get exact numbers annyway... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • //aharet - Heavens Tear9
    //aharet - Heavens Tear9 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've quit this game and have been looking for a good game, and all I can think is how I loved this game when I first got into it, it was challenging and fun, but reasonable to achieve what you wanted.. until packs, aps, rank gear, plvling, and MAJOR over cash shopping ruined the whole thing. It made me really sad to leave but there is no point playing a game to get to the "top" and putting the time, effort, and maybe a little money here and there.. when apparently every geek and their brother has $3000 to spend on each character to buy the top right out from under everyone who played for years to get where they were. I'm still looking for a satisfying game, and I just keep wishing PWE would pull it's head out of its money-stuffed bum hole and give this game back to the people who really enjoyed it. b:cry
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:puzzled DO I miss the old days...not really, I hated grinding for xp, Zhening I liked though cause I had some great PvP fights for spots. What I miss bout the old days was that PWI felt bigger, there were people everywhere, groups were easier to make, Pvp was abundant and pretty well balanced (QQ flaming bird of death) and gold was >100k so drops from zhenning usually got me another heiro, repairs, and a little spare coin.

b:surrender Now... while I am happy lvling got less grindey, not it feels way to easy, just about everyone I knew quit for greener pastures...(still not sure why I haven't, must be the nostalgia) Pvp is.....just sad and seems to only happen around arch gates and SP, and PW feels empty, hell I flew around the map once cause I was bored and saw no more than 40 outside of major cities and snowy. just about all of them were on culti mobs.

would I go back in time.....yes the downside of grinding doesn't outweigh everything else I enjoyed back then.

b:surrender
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    One BH per day with same XP, Gold for 100k, balanced classes, no Rank gear.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I miss the old days because people weren't repeating that they miss the old days since it was the old days
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Seeing a Barb/BM with over 10k HP. God-like.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Huh... Grinding was all the rage? People HATED grinding. WTF are you talking about?

Speak for yourself. I still enjoy grinding.

I definitely miss the challenge of the game how it used to be, though I do not miss the days before autopath. That was a pain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I miss the old days because people weren't repeating that they miss the old days since it was the old days

This. Agreed.
    One BH ...

Perhaps we have a difference of opinion, but I do not count BH as something that is included in anachronistic views of PWI.
    ...though I do not miss the days before autopath. That was a pain.

Yes. I do like having genies too... though I wish HP was still a squad buff :(
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I didnt play the "original PWI" but I miss how the game was when I first started in 2010..Actually, the game is fine. It's the quality of players that have gone to hell since then..
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Old pw is boring, new pw would be fine if not for all the hax 105s/packs/sales.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't mind the game so much without Assassins, 'Gooned toons, R9, or Powerleveling. Packs weren't too horrible either until they started giving away endgame gear....and spamming red bullsh!t all over my screen.

No, I couldn't give a flying *** if JoeBlow from Catalyst got a ******ned token of best luck. GTFO my screen, seriously.

I also miss the old developing staff, and GM's who actually game on this game instead of sitting on their arses twiddling their thumbs....This is the only game besides ONE I could name where I have never, ever seen the GM's come on for more than five minutes.

(PS: The other game I mentioned is now discontinued. Hint.) b:bye
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nope, just miss the old devs.

I'll make that +12 for you
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    honestly I dont understand why people love grinding so much. Its generally accepted as a boring thing, or "work." did people really enjoy killing the same mobs over and over again so much that they reminisce about the days when they did?

Its not that anyone really misses grinding all that much, but I didn't really mind it. It was a part of the game...

But that's how I met most of my friends. You'd be grinding out your quests and you would meet similarly leveled people doing the same quests and you would get to know a much wider variety of people as you level.

Back then it was about doing your quests and leveling up and have fun doing it. It wasn't the destination that was fun but the path traveled.

Now it's speed level, cash shop and troll the server with full +12 R9 set.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Speak for yourself. I still enjoy grinding.

I definitely miss the challenge of the game how it used to be, though I do not miss the days before autopath. That was a pain.

I actually miss flying world quest without auto path. I got to the point where I could aim my archer at a specific point in the sky, afk to forums and tab back right above the npc. b:victory
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I actually miss flying world quest without auto path. I got to the point where I could aim my archer at a specific point in the sky, afk to forums and tab back right above the npc. b:victory

Auto path just made WQ more difficult.

I had all the spots memorized, so I didn't need to bring up quest log... just go to map and click on next location.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kriden - Sanctuary
    Kriden - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    jewelscalen Is So Strong!!!

Omg +1
  • Kriden - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Grinding was rewarding then because you can buy gold for like 100K back in the day. Even at lv. 50, you can get 5 gold easily with time for your supply stash.

Great for the F2P or casual cashshoppers.

Me and a group of players would grind for a day, its very rewarding because gold was so cheap we sold all the drops, got like 600k and could afford gold, yes 600k was alot back in the day hahaha
  • Kriden - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When FC was only used to get from lvl85-90 because you couldn't Delta with level 80 gear. and it still took forever to get those 5 levels. b:laugh

Cleric LF zhen squad at wolves b:surrender

100k gold, 30k mirages, +6 weapons were godly, lightning shine from 4 immaculate citrines were MINDBLOWING (let alone even seeing an immaculate shard), world bosses took whole factions nearly an hour to kill and still failed 75% of the time, barbs held aggro, World quest/Crazy stone/envoy/etc etc, secret 1k elder quest at level 50, unbeatable pve TW cities.....

**** this games current state. seriously **** it.

This is a bold statement, and my answer to your last sentence. Thats why i have RAGE QUIT a few months ago
  • Kriden - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    UNDERSTAND the whole ideo of the old pwi was its rewarding FEEL, when you work your butt off to get something you want it feels way better than spending some money knowing you did no work at all...
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I leveled from 1 to 100 in 8 months. Most of my fac mates laugh at my leveling ''speed'' (apparently you're a fail nowadays if you don't hit 100 in less than a month). Even my built and playstyle is ''obsolete'' (LA veno). But judging that r8 noobs are dime a dozen in every server, I would not have it any other way when it comes to learning the tactics in every dungeon with running around more experienced players.

Oldskool ftw
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I dont want old days back, they were a pain.
    If you want old days back you should consider all circumstances aswell, like you take 3 hours for a 1-2 run, refines higher than +6 would cost a fortune and are out of reach, flawless shards would coust 1.2 million coins again. You will probably not be able to do anything.
    Crapmolds will cost million coins again. and all you have in exchange is goldprices are 100k again. So why would you want old days back? what was so rewarding about grinding?

In those days grinding was not rewarding at all. it is the same like it is nowadays. People who know how to merchant will be the rich like today, or Cashshoppers. You should forget about all the farming, because 5 aps or high dps was not possible at those days. green tt mats will cost 5 million coins again hurray. no i dont want old days back they were a pain
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I dont want old days back, they were a pain.
    If you want old days back you should consider all circumstances aswell, like you take 3 hours for a 1-2 run, refines higher than +6 would cost a fortune and are out of reach, flawless shards would coust 1.2 million coins again. You will probably not be able to do anything.
    Crapmolds will cost million coins again. and all you have in exchange is goldprices are 100k again. So why would you want old days back? what was so rewarding about grinding?

In those days grinding was not rewarding at all. it is the same like it is nowadays. People who know how to merchant will be the rich like today, or Cashshoppers. You should forget about all the farming, because 5 aps or high dps was not possible at those days. green tt mats will cost 5 million coins again hurray. no i dont want old days back they were a pain

and why do you think 5aps is GOOD

damn i want it gone grrrr
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    when TB came, pas became muuuch more important, also no exp rooms sales or goon glitches (luckily they're removed now) and off the good old zoning, exp farming :D
    and barbs being payed for their repair billsb:sadb:shutup
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    and why do you think 5aps is GOOD

damn i want it gone grrrr

you want to spend 5 hours in a 3-2 run or 8 hours in a 3-3 run again?

yes 5aps is so bad, i rather have no life again and spend all my day ingame in 1 instance and wont even get what i need, yesh !
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

yes 5aps is so bad, i rather have no life again and spend all my day ingame in 1 instance and wont even get what i need, yesh !

Because spending 40 seconds on a boss is fun?

Man, I know why you might hate "the old days" but theres such a thing as playing the game.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

since when did 3-3 take 8 hours? what kind of fail squad did u have b:shocked back then, the most 3-3 took (all the bosses) was 3.5 hours, and that was because we had a fail tank b:cry And i would spend the time because i would make more profit off that 1 instance at 100k gold then six 30 min 3-3 at 1.6mil gold.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Its not that anyone really misses grinding all that much, but I didn't really mind it. It was a part of the game...

But that's how I met most of my friends. You'd be grinding out your quests and you would meet similarly leveled people doing the same quests and you would get to know a much wider variety of people as you level.

Back then it was about doing your quests and leveling up and have fun doing it. It wasn't the destination that was fun but the path traveled.

Now it's speed level, cash shop and troll the server with full +12 R9 set.

excatly my thoughts lols xD, i find that before all those changes ppl had lesser of an ego; like just recently i had helped out in this fb69 and that sin was still a bit new to the game i was rather calm and just told him what to do, and then you got those ppl in squad who go like " wtf hurry up i don't have all day for you" which is what kinda annoys me a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo