New Expansion in CN

Options

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wait let me get this straight... you're a wizard and yet you're complaining about the skills YOU ARE getting in this upgrade ?

WTF !!

I think his point is that they don't seem to be properly balancing the classes. Instead they're just throwing in OP shet for the hell of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wait let me get this straight... you're a wizard and yet you're complaining about the skills YOU ARE getting in this upgrade ?

WTF !!

No. You need to learn to ready carefully.

The wizard skills are nice. Particularly because they help wizards in 1 vs 1 pk, which is where they sorely needed help.

My problem isn't with the wizard skills. Those would have helped balance the classes alot. As would the veno and cleric skills, and even the barb skills.

The problem is, those skills balance the game against the CURRENT sin/psychic/archer - but will not do all that much against the NEW classes. Wizards will still be bottom of the barrel, trust me. And even in TW, where they still are very good, they will be less effective. Try channeling for 6 seconds with whole sections of the battlefield (including your targets) disappearing every 3 seconds. b:surrender

Or getting knocked out of casting range by this new self buff everyone is mouth watering over. I pretty much guaranty - wizards won't be using that skill in TW at all. In TW, its like volunteering to get hit with a mystic's knock back skill at random times and in random directions.

I am reserving judgment until I see them all in action, of course. But I think people need to stop salivating over what they are getting, and realize what the other classes are getting as well. While I applaud generally the effort to mix the game up a bit, I am sorry but I don't believe this will solve as many imbalance issues as people seem to believe it will.
    I think his point is that they don't seem to be properly balancing the classes. Instead they're just throwing in OP shet for the hell of it.

See how easy it is to get someone's point when you read carefully.

Now, don't you feel badly making me type paragraphs for what Eoria was able to summarize in 2 sentences just to make sure you don't misunderstand again?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

+1 ...also, I shall turn you all into frogs and eat your froggy legs with garlic and spicy sauce b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:sad Awww Psychics get a cool summoning skill. That means in a TW a psychic could go to the enemy's base and when the enemy see them by them self, they will be like oh look a psychic all alone, I'll kill it. Suddenly 5 other squad members appear. b:shocked

I think all classes should have a cool skill they can use out side of battle.

Wizards should have a mark and recall skill. This skill lets you mark the spot you are standing at, then you can use recall to teleport you back to that spot. Of course any new spot you mark would cancel out the old mark and this skill would only work on your self. This Reversal space-time tactics skill is more like a rubber-band/lag skill.b:lipcurl It seems like it would be about as annoying as the rubber-band glitch.

Psychic's Summon Skill
    Psychic: Hurry up I have to leave in 10 mins.
    Other squad members: Okay I'm on my way.
    Psychic: *Summon* *Summon* *Summon* Oh good you're all here. I was getting a little tried of waiting. :)

Wizard's Mark/Recall Skill
    Wizard: *Picks up BH* *marks spot*
    Squad: *Finishes BH*
    Wizard: Okay see ya guys. "Poof" *wizard disappears*
    Squad: Bye b:bye
    Wizard: *Turns in BH and picks up new one* **** it's the very same one I just did. >.<

I hate when I have an idea and they give it to someone else. When psychics were first added to the game I said they should have a skill that lets them see other players inventory. It makes sense because they are "psychic" after all. So lying to them about what you have or don't have, not possible. But they gave that skill to assassins. It makes sense for them to take your money from you after killing you, but letting them see your inventory too. Just giving them more reasons to try and rob you, than they need. b:lipcurl
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:sad Awww Psychics get a cool summoning skill. That means in a TW a psychic could go to the enemy's base and when the enemy see them by them self, they will be like oh look a psychic all alone, I'll kill it. Suddenly 5 other squad members appear. b:shocked

I think all classes should have a cool skill they can use out side of battle.

Wizards should have a mark and recall skill. This skill lets you mark the spot you are standing at, then you can use recall to teleport you back to that spot. Of course any new spot you mark would cancel out the old mark and this skill would only work on your self. This Reversal space-time tactics skill is more like a rubber-band/lag skill.b:lipcurl It seems like it would be about as annoying as the rubber-band glitch.

Psychic's Summon Skill
    Psychic: Hurry up I have to leave in 10 mins.
    Other squad members: Okay I'm on my way.
    Psychic: *Summon* *Summon* *Summon* Oh good you're all here. I was getting a little tried of waiting. :)

Wizard's Mark/Recall Skill
    Wizard: *Picks up BH* *marks spot*
    Squad: *Finishes BH*
    Wizard: Okay see ya guys. "Poof" *wizard disappears*
    Squad: Bye b:bye
    Wizard: *Turns in BH and picks up new one* **** it's the very same one I just did. >.<

I hate when I have an idea and they give it to someone else. When psychics were first added to the game I said they should have a skill that lets them see other players inventory. It makes sense because they are "psychic" after all. So lying to them about what you have or don't have, not possible. But they gave that skill to assassins. It makes sense for them to take your money from you after killing you, but letting them see your inventory too. Just giving them more reasons to try and rob you, than they need. b:lipcurl

Your post is an eyesore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Nashie - Harshlands
    Nashie - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

+2

Cudos to Deffy! I know I'm gonna have fun turning everyone into froggies. b:sin

Even if I get one shotted by 1413da3hn4q783asda31 dmg in a +12 weapon I'll feel accomplished if I turn them to frogs before that b:victory
    Because seriously... at this point it's only with these little silly and insignificant things that I have actual fun in pwi.

But I almost feel bad for having got excited about the new skills b:surrender
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Your post is an eyesore.
    Psssh. It's purdy. Reminds me of those 8-bit games I played as a kid.
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Your post is an eyesore.

No it's just colorful b:cute
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myriette - Sanctuary
    Myriette - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow... those images makes it seem like a very questionable movie >.>
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    Robert Frost
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow... those images makes it seem like a very questionable movie >.>

It's typical Asian appeal; dress up the girls in cutey outfits and make her do all sorts of poses... Yup.
    Japanese usually go bit a bit further though and add in what we call... pantsu shots.

It's all trying to appeal to certain fanservices. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roland - Harshlands
    Roland - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's typical Asian appeal; dress up the girls in cutey outfits and make her do all sorts of poses... Yup.
    Japanese usually go bit a bit further though and add in what we call... pantsu shots.

It's all trying to appeal to certain fanservices. b:chuckle

Asian appeal? That is appealing in any part of the world.
    "WHOA, CALM DOWN HOLY JESUS **** NIPPLES IT'S JUST A GAME" - Longknife
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    "Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, increase 60%-100% weapon dmg."

New skills have not been released yet and I see a big nerf for clerics already...

Was not this supposed to be a big metal boost damage? Instead of increase metal damage by x%, we now get some weapon damage increase thats not even half of a single spark...

This mode is not worth it to disable heals for, please allow all new cleric skills to be casted without this mode, not all clerics are interested in this mode in any form anyway is not fair that we have to force ourselves in this mode to cast new skills, and having no way to heal meanwhile.

Please correct this before its released this is just not worth it.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    samasalao wrote: »
    "Tian Yu Purple Night Dance: Transform into metal mage mode!!! unable to heal, increase 60%-100% weapon dmg."

New skills have not been released yet and I see a big nerf for clerics already...

Was not this supposed to be a big metal boost damage? Instead of increase metal damage by x%, we now get some weapon damage increase thats not even half of a single spark...

This mode is not worth it to disable heals for, please allow all new cleric skills to be casted without this mode, not all clerics are interested in this mode in any form anyway is not fair that we have to force ourselves in this mode to cast new skills, and having no way to heal meanwhile.

Please correct this before its released this is just not worth it.

In no way is this an official posting of the actual skill info. When the PWE staff posts it, then you'll know for sure.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle I never trust skill translations with excessive exclamation marks. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    In no way is this an official posting of the actual skill info. When the PWE staff posts it, then you'll know for sure.

Thanks for your reply, Im seriously hope that is the case and not the real thing and Im sorry for jumping to conclusions. Im seriously looking forward for my toon new skills, 3 years of wait, playing my cleric nearly every day, and then suddenly when is finally coming this big slap in my face was too much to bear.

If however is like the description says, and is a less than demon spirit gift buff, is the end of the road for me, all classes getting awesome skills and cleric shafted like this. Not gonna bother waiting for a fix for that.
  • BP_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary
    BP_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I doubt that the skill description is wrong, it seems like a useless mode. Poor clerics, you guys got shafted b:thanks

This is obviously stupid, clerics are healers not DDers, if you are going to force a healer into a DDer mode WITHOUT the ability to heal, then you better give them a really powerful boost, a RB boost is not even laughable for a cleric minimal damage output b:laugh is just plain sad.

All clerics still playing In PW, please uninstall now b:thanks, pwi needs new blood to milk coins from, and that new blood are playing mystics not clerics.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Roll a Wizzy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    And here's me waiting on a constant arma aoe, like db or barrage b:surrender

tons of kittys falling from the sky?b:shocked
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Roll a Wizzy.

or he could i dont know... not use metal mage mode thats what everyone else does in this game does with skills they dont like or consider useful
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    or he could i dont know... not use metal mage mode thats what everyone else does in this game does with skills they dont like or consider useful

How dare you use perfectly sane logic on this forum ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2011
    Options
    More posts from wanmei appeared.

Mystic page

More pictures
    And a release date of Dec 7 for the expansion

I'm guessing that other date is for their movie... the last link shows the expansion will be released in about twelve hours from now.
    the conventional PK play will be broken

I like how google translate gives us this in their patch notes. b:laugh

Since I'm bored here, I may as well see if there is anything that can be figured out from these patch notes until someone like Korren gets online.
    "Perfect World" on December 7 at 8:00 am, the whole service (including the experience of service) downtime for routine maintenance, is expected to maintain the time for 2 hours. This update will be common for routine maintenance client, open the client service experience, "Perfect World: Underworld," the new version.

This will be about 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, eastern time.
    "Perfect World: Underworld," login experience service, bringing a new scene, new gameplay, new fun. Specific updates are as follows:
    1, an adventure notes reveal the mystery of Penglai, with the specter of magic through time and space, came to the new world. Penglai complete the main quest, will receive a set of new equipment, magic with magic properties, let you experience the thrill of a new battle.

I guess maybe either a new item or new quest will take you to this new area, or gives you the ability to go there?
    2, "no fixed universe" copy of the shock on, new level design, ten strong team lineup, make you feel different from the past a copy of the fun. According to the copy of the occupational characteristics tailored perfectly to meet this challenge the team to be more than eight, ten teams will receive an additional full-time combat.
    Access conditions: complete the main task of Penglai, in million current elders at the city access "through the Penglai. Never to every child." The copy once a day, players can have messengers to spread Penglai Chidi's basket at the receiving props, props with access to a copy.

Ten player teams (which was confirmed earlier to be available in the new dungeons), and what seems to be some sort of daily.
    3, the three forces surfaced, as we bring more disputes, disputes with love and hate. Huaguang will, dark hidden will, **** night the military, they have emerged with a perfect two continental powers of light and the dark sacred holy hidden hidden will have a kind of contact? Players can perfect their own forces required to join a party, every force has a unique professional skills and equipment with them, the skill to fly up to a new level.
    You can be the "Penglai" three forces base - Tianshu, time reflection, wonderful world looking for **** Yan night captaincy, dark hidden sacred knowledge, learn more about the forces Huaguang Venerable related content.

The three forces, again already covered in this thread.
    4, the new function "treasure map" series of missions launched. Perfect continent has too many hidden secrets, a masterpiece "treasure map" to lead you find treasure, become a secret most people.

New quest line involving treasure maps. I hope the rewards aren't mirages or some sort of bound item.
    5, the team adjusted the maximum number of ten people, the conventional PK play will be broken, after the reorganization of the team needs a closer match. (Has introduced a copy of the remains of six copies of this feature in the large maps, underground palace, and a copy of the next release can be achieved)

More about ten player teams, maybe it's saying only 6 dungeons will have this feature?
    I suppose that pk bit refers to what Korren said about ultimate pvp mode or something.
    6, increasing miles teaser features to help you get back alongside former partner.

Marriage stuff maybe?
    7, five new optimization task novice race, simplify complex tasks mattress steps to reduce task difficulty, the game makes you easy and fast upgrade.

More quests for easy leveling up... as if everyone didn't fcc their alts already (though I hear hypers are disabled in fcc on china servers).
    8, brainwave activity hot a question introduced into the ancestral City daily 18:00-18:30 be left to find brainwave, brainwave the right to accept the answers.
    9, flat-powerful demon making the event open daily 18:30-19:30 be the ancestral tree fairy at the City to accept the task.
    10 to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Perfect World, perfect mall launched the "night Mibao" packs, absolute value, not to be missed.

New packs, coming soon to a cash shop near you.
    11, the mall launched in value packs novice, affordable gifts, sincerity back packs, three packs of growth more props to help you enjoy the game more fun.
    12, the perfect Paris fashion mall's new men's suits, sleeveless hip-hop men's suits, suit, Ms. Lolita, Miss Bai Rongqiu suit.
    13, never want to sign on the launch activities, the use of a certain number of signed Hall of reincarnation have access to materials, advanced materials, a copy of gangs, new skills, book production materials, permanent mount or vehicle. (10 times daily account limit, open only in the day to ask the server.)

An event I guess...?
    Please note that players adjust their play time, and this gives you the inconvenience, please understand! More exciting content for all things in the December 15 "Perfect World: Underworld," a comprehensive on-line!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How dare you use perfectly sane logic on this forum ???

Banish him! Banish him with the force of a thousand imploding suns!
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Banish him! Banish him with the force of a thousand imploding suns!

LOOOOOOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Roll a Wizzy.

Yes 16 seconds cooldown, auto purify/ auto shrink b:dirty wizzies will be the sexiest class ever to pvp with, please do us a favor and delete your useless cleric (mystic heal better than you anyway) and uninstall.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    (mystic heal better than you anyway)

lolwut?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lolwut?

Another butthurt b:laugh, mystics are better than you in everyway, damage, defense, new skills, they even get tasty summon to tank for them, also they will be able to cast new skills without beign forced in a lame mage wannabe mode that disables heal and gives a crappy bonus, remember that even wizies can heal LOL. b:thanks
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Another butthurt b:laugh, mystics are better than you in everyway, damage, defense, new skills, they even get tasty summon to tank for them, also they will be able to cast new skills without beign forced in a lame mage wannabe mode that disables heal and gives a crappy bonus, remember that even wizies can heal LOL. b:thanks

Ok i'll take mp/hp regen, pdef, mdef, and m.atk buff pls ..... oh wait....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ok i'll take mp/hp regen, pdef, mdef, and m.atk buff pls ..... oh wait....

Dont get me wrong I love those buffs, but they can be casted by a mid 60 cleric alt that serves no other purpose than a buff slave, after that, mystics are way bettter than clerics esp. with the new tasty buffs they are gonna get, but this thread was a QQ about cleric new useless skills, so no more mystic vs clerics.

Lets not derail this QQ thread anymore, I want to see more butthurt clerics instead. b:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Mystics can't res/purify on demand. They also don't have bb or pdef/mdef/matk buffs. These are the basic reasons why clerics are still wanted.

That being said, mystics' new skills are sexy while clerics pretty much got shafted outside of that one charm/heal stopping skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

This discussion has been closed.