Tw strategy against regen

LoraTab - Dreamweaver
LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Tideswell (East)
I have an idea for a strategy against them.

What if every single faction on the board would simply nolonger defend their land an just give it all to regen, so that they would have thier solid map sooner. That way once there is no more tw they will realize that by having too much concentration of high skilled & geared players- that they have ruined tw for the rest of the gaming community an even for themselves. The power needs to be more evenly spread in the pursuit of actually haveing longer funner battles.
Post edited by LoraTab - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011

What if every single faction on the board would simply nolonger defend their land an just give it all to regen, so that they would have thier solid map sooner. That way once there is no more tw they will realize that by having too much concentration of high skilled & geared players- that they have ruined tw for the rest of the gaming community an even for themselves. The power needs to be more evenly spread in the pursuit of actually haveing longer funner battles.

Even in the days when Calamity held most of the map people tried to make them out as the bad guys that didn't let people have the map, but Regenesis isn't sitting there trying to take the entire map. They want a challenge and nobody is giving it to me, if people would get their **** together and form a new faction with all the best geared people that aren't in Regen at the moment instead of hanging on to their pride they'd be a force that even Regen would have trouble with. It wouldn't be enough to just form that faction, they'd need to have good tactics as well, but they would take them on and actually stand a chance.

As it is now.. they either stay in their faction and don't wanna leave or they simply wanna join Regen to become part of the best faction on the server. It's pretty stupid but hey, people are attracted to power whether in real life or in a game.

Humdy dumdy dum. Hum hum.
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Something has to happen where regen breaks into multiple parts. They just have too many vets and godly gear toons. There doesn't exist two entire factions worth of experienced well geared tw players on dream weaver anymore. At best regen could break into two an fight itself. It just cannot be any fun to kill everyone with little to no resistence.

I'm not saying regen s bad people, just that the current situation is that the good tw players are too concentrated to allow for fun tw fights. At some point the leader will realize this maybe, but to hasten that the rest should just give their land to them as quickly as posible.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Something has to happen where regen breaks into multiple parts. They just have too many vets and godly gear toons. There doesn't exist two entire factions worth of experienced well geared tw players on dream weaver anymore. At best regen could break into two an fight itself. It just cannot be any fun to kill everyone with little to no resistence.

The server had all the time in the world to work together to stop them before they even started, Calamity split and Regenesis was formed. They were able to grow and become stronger. They were left unchecked by the TW powers that still remained and kept growing and growing and growing until eventually history began repeating itself. Through a strong core, good leadership, and lack of people wanting to actually form a faction that could bring them down they've once again began taking the map.

Easy TWs were the reason they disbanded Calamity, they wanted a challenge and the server hasn't given them any. There was the time where InTandem managed to give them good fights, but now they're just steamrolling TWs from what I hear.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    And of course we're the bad guys again.
    We worked for our land. We kept our land. We had respectful tw's with other factions. You make us sound like the bad guys, like we bully smaller factions than ours? No, when the map reset and half of EQ formed IT we attacked IT to prevent them from bullying smaller factions that is why we tried to trap them. At that time we only focused on IT. After IT fell there was no challenge left for us. So EQ and Regenesis decided to have friendly TW's. Most of our land that we have we took from IT. Have we ever attacked a smaller faction besides the time we made our way to IT? No we have not. All the factions that we attack now is the ones who have attacked us first. I've never even seen you in tw which means you aren't in a tw faction which means you have no right to complain. If you don't like the map, stand up to us. Defeat us. You say we have godly gear? Yes we do. But We worked together for our gear. Just like we worked together to earn all our land. We won't split because we're a family. We did not ruin anyones tw gaming experience. Dynasty EQ Spades BC and Tempest, i am sure they are all in it for fun TW's and not "i wanna destroy regen" tw's. Our leader wishes to give us a TW every weekend, this is why we attack. Before the previous factions mentioned attacked us NOBODY attacked us. I may sound harsh but im just tired of all you people QQ-ing about land where we worked for our land.
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    And of course we're the bad guys again.
    We worked for our land. We kept our land. We had respectful tw's with other factions. You make us sound like the bad guys, like we bully smaller factions than ours? No, when the map reset and half of EQ formed IT we attacked IT to prevent them from bullying smaller factions that is why we tried to trap them. At that time we only focused on IT. After IT fell there was no challenge left for us. So EQ and Regenesis decided to have friendly TW's. Most of our land that we have we took from IT. Have we ever attacked a smaller faction besides the time we made our way to IT? No we have not. All the factions that we attack now is the ones who have attacked us first. I've never even seen you in tw which means you aren't in a tw faction which means you have no right to complain. If you don't like the map, stand up to us. Defeat us. You say we have godly gear? Yes we do. But We worked together for our gear. Just like we worked together to earn all our land. We won't split because we're a family. We did not ruin anyones tw gaming experience. Dynasty EQ Spades BC and Tempest, i am sure they are all in it for fun TW's and not "i wanna destroy regen" tw's. Our leader wishes to give us a TW every weekend, this is why we attack. Before the previous factions mentioned attacked us NOBODY attacked us. I may sound harsh but im just tired of all you people QQ-ing about land where we worked for our land.
    +1, people think just cause regen is the one gaining land per week, means its the end of the world. TW is the only fun left in game, im pretty sure they enjoy every one of the TW thats thrown at them, gives them what to do, how to handle it. Spades has enjoyed every one of the TWs vs Regen, we've learned alot and we'll keep learning.b:victory
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Fip - Dreamweaver
    Fip - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Zanryu they dont want a challenge. They gank IT for 3months straight when IT could defend against REgens 3hour TW once. They want the whole map
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Let me say it again, I am not saying regen are the "bad" guys, I am just saying that history has repeated an having the majority of the tw power reside in one faction does not make for fun tws.

At some point you will realize this once there is nobody left to fight against. Same as calamity did. I expect the leader of regen actually likes to tw, so obviously he understands that at some point he has to do something differently in order to keep twing.

By the way I am in a tw guild only my main is forum banned for life.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I agree with Mitachi very much. Everyone always claims that Regen is the 'bad guy' with no evidence what so ever as to why we're so bad.

I've been in Regen for a long time now and honestly yes it is partly because of TW, but that only occurs on the weekend. And for that matter only a couple of hours on the weekend. Being in a faction is not all about TW it's about having a nice, happy, stable community. I love logging on everyday and seeing such wonderful people talk in faction chat. Yes we give one another advice about how to advance our chars but mainly during week days we just have fun joking around and making fun of each other.

On top of that Mit is right, we work very hard for what we've gotten. It's not like at the start of the server and Calamity just rolled over everyone until it got down to the last few lands and EQ started showing some real promise in tw. Now that the map is reset Regen is having a tough time taking any lands. If all we really wanted is lands we could have attacked many other smaller factions but we are not doing that.

I love Regen for the community more then the TW purposes. It's nice to join in events and meet such wonderful people. =)
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2011

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/storyone.png/
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Let me say it again, I am not saying regen are the "bad" guys, I am just saying that history has repeated an having the majority of the tw power reside in one faction does not make for fun tws.

At some point you will realize this once there is nobody left to fight against. Same as calamity did. I expect the leader of regen actually likes to tw, so obviously he understands that at some point he has to do something differently in order to keep twing.

By the way I am in a tw guild only my main is forum banned for life.

If history repeated itself then it means the server has failed to stop us again. I'm sure alot of people will agree with me that we have not taken the fun out of tw, All the factions who tw against us enjoy it, they are learning new things every time they tw against us, they are getting better at handling us every tw. You can put the best people in one faction but the result will end in defeat. You can NOT expect to win a tw against us without a proper strategy. So you're saying we're just suppose to give land to other factions? The land that WE worked for? It's like buying a new car, best car ever to be released, you paid your arm an leg for it, Now some guy sees you driving it, he tells you "Thats so unfair, your so selfish for not giving poor people a car" Are you gonna give it to him knowing you worked hard for it? No, ofc your not. We have great times in tw and im sure the opposing factions are too.

@Fip alright next time we will let IT bully smaller factions and roll other factions to boost their ego. Then next thing you gonna start QQ-ing about them owning everything then blame us cause we didn't do anything to stop them. IT caused their own ganks by being ***** to the server, thats all there is to it.
  • flooow
    flooow Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i missh u bersy b:thanks
    edited October 2011
    flooow wrote: »
    i missh u bersy b:thanks

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty flow flowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwb:dirty
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    I could have sworn that Zanryu guy said everything that needed to be said on the subject in his first two posts b:avoid

flow you nab you know you miss me more
  • Fexcad - Dreamweaver
    Fexcad - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Theres more than enough power on the server to solo Regen, people just refuse to leave their small factions with 5 people over 100 :P
    edited October 2011
    Theres more than enough power on the server to solo Regen, people just refuse to leave their small factions with 5 people over 100 :P

or just don't care about TW. xD
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    or just don't care about TW. xD

<- would rather do a short shorts parade in archo than TW b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    <- would rather do a short shorts parade in archo than TW b:kiss

That was fun b:dirty
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That was fun b:dirty

Rofl! Justice we need to do one when I come home( ingame :p). Fireworks, and plenty of hotpants (or people in their underwear *cough*) b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011

Rofl! Justice we need to do one when I come home( ingame :p). Fireworks, and plenty of hotpants (or people in their underwear *cough*) b:cute

Hell yeah!
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think the reason Regen is able to take the whole map is more based on the fact that PWE doesn't know how to run an MMO. If they did things right there could be many factions capable of going toe to toe with Regen. The fact that one can dominate just shows that most players don't really care enough about PW to put forth the effort (or cash) so they can compete at the top level.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    I think the reason Regen is able to take the whole map is more based on the fact that PWE doesn't know how to run an MMO. If they did things right there could be many factions capable of going toe to toe with Regen. The fact that one can dominate just shows that most players don't really care enough about PW to put forth the effort (or cash) so they can compete at the top level.

I'm sorry, what? What does the way PWE runs their game have to do with people being unable to beat Regen? It's the server's fault they allowed such a powerhouse to go unchecked, ESPECIALLY after what happened with Calamity. The leader of the strongest faction on the server and a good portion of its original members formed a new faction, I mean really, who would have thought they'd become a powerful TW faction!

Long story short: Regen has their priorities straight and are extremely good at teamwork and creating a good faction environment. It allowed them to become a TW powerhouse. The server allowed them to keep growing and growing without making any real attmpt to bring them down. Oh sure the occasional TW gank here and there, but if people would just leave their faction and previous factions behind and form a new faction they could at least stand a chance. They could go in there and fight Regen on equal footing and even possibly win. But.. fat chance, everyone's too prideful and loves their precious little faction too much to leave, and there's nobody that seems to be able to bring them all together for the cause of beating Regen. Guess it's not a bg deal to them that Regen is taking the map by storm, which makes this thread pointless now doesn't it?

Hmm.. guess it wasn't al that short.
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    TW system is rubbish though, probably one of the worst I've ever seen. One attack per week with possibly no defensive battles against apponents that could potentially ruin a 7 day wait in mere minutes. Doesn't sound like fun (unless you own pretty much everything XD), sounds like waiting, lots and lots of waiting. The lack of anything even remotely resembling strategy is just meh. They got different maps but they all work exactly the same, its like a mirage you believe its different but it is infact just BS created by you own mind, 2 crystals 3 lanes exactly the same strategies on ALL of the maps. You know they only made multiple maps to make you feel better, like giving a child a sweet, it'll make em happy but it won't do FA for them in reality.

Oh yeah and 3 days of battles but you can only declare once. Like being told you have 3 days to live but you've been asleep for 2 days.

So yes while it is not Regens fault they are not losing it would make TW much more enjoyable for the losers if they could declare on each of the three days and maybe just maybe on the main cities have like I dunno 4 crystals each and 6 paths. I guess It must be hard to programme a tower defence type game though where the lemmings getting vaporised are real people XD.

No wait I take it back they are just rubbish and lazy coz they already pumping you suckers for money XD and they know it :D and so do you ^^
    PWI b:bye
  • Viscosity - Dreamweaver
    Viscosity - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This thread is clearly made to be a place for + post counts so im be a troll here!

If you wanna stop Regen all you gotta do is this: Kidnap BB and Zsw! np!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    TW system is rubbish though, probably one of the worst I've ever seen. One attack per week with possibly no defensive battles against apponents that could potentially ruin a 7 day wait in mere minutes. Doesn't sound like fun (unless you own pretty much everything XD), sounds like waiting, lots and lots of waiting. The lack of anything even remotely resembling strategy is just meh. They got different maps but they all work exactly the same, its like a mirage you believe its different but it is infact just BS created by you own mind, 2 crystals 3 lanes exactly the same strategies on ALL of the maps. You know they only made multiple maps to make you feel better, like giving a child a sweet, it'll make em happy but it won't do FA for them in reality.

Oh yeah and 3 days of battles but you can only declare once. Like being told you have 3 days to live but you've been asleep for 2 days.

So yes while it is not Regens fault they are not losing it would make TW much more enjoyable for the losers if they could declare on each of the three days and maybe just maybe on the main cities have like I dunno 4 crystals each and 6 paths. I guess It must be hard to programme a tower defence type game though where the lemmings getting vaporised are real people XD.

No wait I take it back they are just rubbish and lazy coz they already pumping you suckers for money XD and they know it :D and so do you ^^

Stacy's mom has got it goin' on! b:chuckle
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Stacy's mom has got it goin' on! b:chuckle

Do eet right TPG!

Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom

Or the PWI version:

Stacy's Mom Perfect World
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This thread is clearly made to be a place for + post counts so im be a troll here!

If you wanna stop Regen all you gotta do is this: Kidnap BB and Zsw! np!

i support this
    +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • BloodyOne - Dreamweaver
    BloodyOne - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i wanna up my post count tob:laugh
    b:shocked no signature
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm sorry, what? What does the way PWE runs their game have to do with people being unable to beat Regen?

I didn't expect you to understand. I made that post for those who have an IQ higher than a corn nugget.
    edited October 2011
    Heres my strategy! lets all stand in the middle of our rooms and pretend we're carrots! that way regen wont ever win anymore lands! flawless plan amirite?!?!?! if that fails.... lets just have fun people.b:victory
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    :O I am not a floosie (whatever the hell that means anyway)

I say we Kidnap Zan instead (maybe lure him with some g** pron) then put him at crystal nakid, hell lets throw Chillum in there as well, maybe make em do 'weird' stuff to scare ppl off. No? Nobody would want to respawn? Damn =/
    PWI b:bye