Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Options

Comments

• jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Originally Posted by Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Embrace the FF glitch. I have.
    b:shocked

This, the result of delaying any statement about the glitch being against ToS and therefor bannable.

This, because there has been no indication that people are actually being sanctioned in any meaningful way for such obvious exploitations.

And I wish I could discuss the content of my ticket over the matter, but maybe I can say that IF, for example, you want screen shots from inside FCC of people abusing the glitch in order to track them down, you might want to have GMs take a more active roll ingame, or take an entirely different approach in ferreting out the cheaters.

Please do keep the player base posted.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    glitch- glitch-glitch- glitch if you play with glitch's frankieraye will Glitch you b:chuckle b:pleased b:laugh b:shutup
  • Xx_Bliss_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Bliss_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    kazuu1 wrote: »
    Just let you guys know that, you won't hit 105 with the glitch. As lv 103 if you solo dragon with hyper it only give you 38k exp, therefore glitch give you bad as exp cause the grp and remember, you only have 10 activation per day... so stop dreaming with the glitch for 105.

You may only get 10 activations per day but in the time these 102+ ppl with a squad go in there in the amount of time it takes them to clear them and pull more in 5 minutes they can prob do that glitch about 10 times. Ive seen many ppl hit 105, 104 and 103 with this glitch. They live in fc but their business. Just let them keep doing it they will get whats coming if anything.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If this glitch thingie is not supposed to be done and there are many people doing it, why isn't it listed in the Official Announcements section where PK location changes and such are listed? It would seem that posting it there would show that it is not allowed by the GMs. Just wondering.

Semper Fi,
  • Lorann - Raging Tide
    Lorann - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If this glitch thingie is not supposed to be done and there are many people doing it, why isn't it listed in the Official Announcements section where PK location changes and such are listed? It would seem that posting it there would show that it is not allowed by the GMs. Just wondering.

Semper Fi,

Why would they announce an exploitable glitch that allows power-power leveling to all the people who don't already know about it? :P
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The reason why so many are going for the glitch is not only because they can level fast with it. It's also because it is extremely amusing to fight through waves of mobs and survive.

While <100 people can easily buy heads and level up quickly anyway, you don't see many >100 players solo FCC to level, why? Because people can't? Because they don't have Stealth? No plenty of people can, and they can do it without Stealth - it's because it's ****ing boring.

Now, instead of AFKing or just standing around talking, a lot of high levels are playing the game and **** charm again. This glitch could possibly be the most exciting endgame PvE content to date.

Best of all, it has no class discrimination. All classes would be equally welcome in the activity. Some here believe sins would be bad but they're not. Blood Paint is great.

Whatever PWI chooses to do about this particular glitch (fix or ignore), they need to implement something like this into the game legitimately so end game players, especially those on PvE servers, can have something fun to do.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why would they announce an exploitable glitch that allows power-power leveling to all the people who don't already know about it? :P

I have read that many don't read that section. :) There's also quite a bit here on the forums about it in various opinions. Also, world chat on some servers seems to have comments on it. I would doubt that there are not many who don't already know about their being a glitch in FC. :b Seems to me that the GMs could at least post their ruling in the Official Announcements like they have done on other decisions. That would resolve the discussions to some extent.

Semper Fi,
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have read that many don't read that section. :) There's also quite a bit here on the forums about it in various opinions. Also, world chat on some servers seems to have comments on it. I would doubt that there are not many who don't already know about their being a glitch in FC. :b Seems to me that the GMs could at least post their ruling in the Official Announcements like they have done on other decisions. That would resolve the discussions to some extent.

Semper Fi,

still...the LEAST they could do is announce that it is bannable. I understand why they can't announce what they are going to do about it(other than be apathetic and occasionally ban people who report the glitchers), but if it is a big deal to them, that is the least they could do. people don't have to go in that section to see it. They will see the title immediately "glitching dragoons in fcc is bannable" or whatever. Neglecting to at least announce it is lazyness if i dare say :x
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The reason why so many are going for the glitch is not only because they can level fast with it. It's also because it is extremely amusing to fight through waves of mobs and survive.

While <100 people can easily buy heads and level up quickly anyway, you don't see many >100 players solo FCC to level, why? Because people can't? Because they don't have Stealth? No plenty of people can, and they can do it without Stealth - it's because it's ****ing boring.

Now, instead of AFKing or just standing around talking, a lot of high levels are playing the game and **** charm again. This glitch could possibly be the most exciting endgame PvE content to date.

Best of all, it has no class discrimination. All classes would be equally welcome in the activity. Some here believe sins would be bad but they're not. Blood Paint is great.

Whatever PWI chooses to do about this particular glitch (fix or ignore), they need to implement something like this into the game legitimately so end game players, especially those on PvE servers, can have something fun to do.
    b:chuckle All i read in here is LEFT 4 DEAD 2 Survival!~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • RKH - Harshlands
    RKH - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle All i read in here is LEFT 4 DEAD 2 Survival!~

+1

I don't think they'll keep it as an exp glitch, they might. But really the amount of ideas that spawned from a coding error like this. A new instance, a new challenge, and new rewards (end-game neck or ring maybe?). Whatever they decide, they need to keep something like this in the game. Some of the best ideas me and JoshXT ever had were actually from development bugs. PWI Devs, make a poll on this and see what people think of it. Don't always jump to "Oh noes we screwed up and people are exploiting a glitch.". This could be a turn in a new direction!!!
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There are funny side effects

Take the medal of glory exploit, it turned grinding popular again, gave all classes equal farming.

Arcane classes can actually level, instead of arcanes begging sins for fc, sins are begging others.

The funniest thing about all this, was high lvl sins complaining...

Yeah its not like APS or teleport invis in fc isn't a form of cheap glitch either, both were unintended. As far as i understand it its pretty challenging and entertaining
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

1.You want to fight wave after wave for amusement go do delta with lvl 85 players that as at least a fun way to fight waves of mobs
    2.People can buy heads but still not SUPER fast and the people that could solo fc by killing the mobs yes boring but if you want to lvl work for it for those that cant tank the boss duo fc or take 3 people....You think it was fun for me to spend 8hrs a day in FC it was boring as hell but i wanted to be first 105 so i just did it.
    3.People are now **** charms so what if they are no reason why they should have a pat on the back for it
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It seems yes this glitch is old but the fact is that when the post was made along time ago people had not the gear to be able to use it and then it got forgot about it but since people today have r9 gear or nirvana gear nice refines and gems etc those player have been able to exploit this to gain alot of levels.
    These players and most of us know who they are have gain high level that they could have got if they worked for months and months in a matter of days bypassing the fun/boredum.Most was happy with level 100/102 but the extra stat point are nice nobody would turn down 15 stat points higher level in PVP its nice to have a slight edge on people.
    Its not the fact i'm QQing because there are now lots of lvl 105 or 104 etc but the fact they cheated to get it.People say in world chat "congrat to ......... for 105 " why when we all know they glitched to get it? at least my wc ages ago was a congrats to the months of putting up with the boredum of fc to get 105.
    I also agree that GM's are no longer game managers as they dont manage the game and have no power it seems to do anything ,PWI has just gave up on this game and rely on pack addicts to keep the money flowing thats why they will never take packs out they know nobody will play if they have to WORK for gear.
    GOT to love the QQ that was around when packs was not on sale for 1 day lol
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Best of all, it has no class discrimination.

I have seen how is this done and I agree that is nothing short of amazing, I know its a glitch and I agree that this has to be fixed, but at least this requires teamwork unlike sins that can solo FCC for godly amounts of exp, (Stealth should be disabled in FCC is stupid how sins have such unfair advantage in FCC), this can be done for classes that are usually neglected or treated like second hand DDer, like Wizzies and Venos/Clerics also is not like this can be pulled off by any squad anyway.

IMO this glitch should be fixed the same day that stealth is disabled in FCC, if we are going to be fair and all lets start fixing what is broken (Stealth and APS).
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Blabla

U my sir are a sin therefor your opinion is worthless.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It seems yes this glitch is old but the fact is that when the post was made along time ago people had not the gear to be able to use it and then it got forgot about it but since people today have r9 gear or nirvana gear nice refines and gems etc those player have been able to exploit this to gain alot of levels.

This is unrelated but, this sounds like the structure of an argument against APS. I just thought that was interesting.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have seen how is this done and I agree that is nothing short of amazing, I know its a glitch and I agree that this has to be fixed, but at least this requires teamwork unlike sins that can solo FCC for godly amounts of exp, (Stealth should be disabled in FCC is stupid how sins have such unfair advantage in FCC), this can be done for classes that are usually neglected or treated like second hand DDer, like Wizzies and Venos/Clerics also is not like this can be pulled off by any squad anyway.

IMO this glitch should be fixed the same day that stealth is disabled in FCC, if we are going to be fair and all lets start fixing what is broken (Stealth and APS).

So it's broken that a classes skill is working as inteneded?

It's broken that gear is making people attack and kill a boss faster?

GO **** OFF.

God damn, I ****ing hate you people who QQ about stealth and APS.
    CAN'T DEAL WITH EITHER OR THEM? REROLL TO ONE OF THE CLASSES, OR GET THE **** OUT/QUIT CRYING OVER IT.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

GO **** OFF.

CAN'T DEAL WITH EITHER OR THEM? REROLL TO ONE OF THE CLASSES, OR GET THE **** OUT/QUIT CRYING OVER IT.

Do you really want a game full of nothing but BMs and Sins?
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

GO **** OFF.

I'll tell you the same, go and **** off, its broken and it needs to be fixed, just like this gltich, you dont like it then too bad for you. Just beacuse nothing has be done so far, doesn't mean that nothing will ever be done about it. The NERF* hammer wil eventually fall on Stealth and APS one way or another, wait scared in a corner until that day arrives troll b:bye
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Do you really want a game full of nothing but BMs and Sins?

Who gives a shet what people play.

What I do care about is this...

In order to compete with other sins you currently need to exploit this glitch. Nothing like a lvl 100 beating me to lvl 105 before i get from 102-103.

They either need to say the glitch is ok to use and leave it or they need to ban everyone who has used it. My input anyways.

And for the record my sin is boring and I'm lvling an archer but sins are the only way to find sins in pk...so yeah >.>
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'll tell you the same, go and **** off, its broken and it needs to be fixed, just like this gltich, you dont like it then too bad for you. Just beacuse nothing has be done so far, doesn't mean that nothing will ever be done about it. The ban hammer wil eventually fall on Stealth and APS one way or another, wait scared in a corner until that day arrives troll b:bye

Ban hammer would imply that you would be banned for using stealth or aps amplifying gear...dun think that is gonna happen.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'll tell you the same, go and **** off, its broken and it needs to be fixed, just like this gltich, you dont like it then too bad for you. Just beacuse nothing has be done so far, doesn't mean that nothing will ever be done about it. The ban hammer wil eventually fall on Stealth and APS one way or another, wait scared in a corner until that day arrives troll b:bye

rofl, get the **** off this game.

You don't seem to understand the simple logic behind PWE's marketing area so ohwell. Ain't gonna bother explaining to you why APS and stealth will NEVER get removed.

Actually wait....I can;

APS MAKES PWE MONEY. IF REMOVED PWE WILL LOSE MAJORITY OF PLAYERBASE AND OFFICALLY DIE.
    STEALTH IS A CLASS SKILL, AND ONLY ONE CLASS CAN USE THIS SKILL. GO **** OFF IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    U my sir are a sin therefor your opinion is worthless.

Nothing like being class discrimintaion is there People roll sins to farm people roll psy's to pvp does this make me being a sin wrong just because im a sin how about i put my veno avatar up would that be better for all the apps and sin haters if you all thought i was a veno?
    I love how none sins moan about are stealth and apps....me i love to moan about psy's refelct and silence still in pvp but id never say there opinion is worthless.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1.You want to fight wave after wave for amusement go do delta with lvl 85 players that as at least a fun way to fight waves of mobs

We've been doing Deta runs and the mobs get harder with each run. I would suspect that it's apples and oranges as I have heard that the mobs in the glitch stay the same level. Plus, they give just a bit more XP than Delta as I understand it.

2.People can buy heads but still not SUPER fast and the people that could solo fc by killing the mobs yes boring but if you want to lvl work for it for those that cant tank the boss duo fc or take 3 people....You think it was fun for me to spend 8hrs a day in FC it was boring as hell but i wanted to be first 105 so i just did it.

We also have faction FC runs to level up our members. Making the run with faction members is fun and builds teamwork. It's also not boring as we have new FC participants who can make the run "interesting." Congratz on level 105. You're a sin and my older son is also a sin who is higher level than I am. I also played with a sin for a while and found it less challenging than other races/ classes. You have an advantage in FC that we archers and others don't have. I don't have 8 hours a day to run FC so I use hyper stones when I do. Hypers run for just one hour at 12x and have a long cool down. :) (I don't think I'm a "hyper baby" by the length of time I've played here and level that I have obtained doing quests and assisting others.) I will simply say that as an archer I have to play the game differently from a sin.

3.People are now **** charms so what if they are no reason why they should have a pat on the back for it

To add comment to your point 3 and follow up comment, I have heard that OP gear isn't required to do whatever the glitch happens to be. Rumors are rumors, so take that however you like. :) I also have read through this wall of posts as well as several other posts. I don't see anyone asking for a pat on the back. I see many higher levels QQing about players doing things that they haven't done. I don't complain to faction members who have quit doing normal quests. That's how they want to play. (That's probably why there is nmore than one floavor of ice cream.)

I would like to see the GMs post whether this "glitch" is a bannable offense or not. Players all have opinions, but that doesn't mean anything really. I also think that it could possibly be interesting, as posted above, to see it as a feature if they're not going to make it bannable. It does seem to have generated a lot of interest and we know that we need some interesting content. This one wouldn't even require the Devs to do any additional programming. :) If it's "legal" then someone might post what it is and how it is done for the rest of us.

Semper Fi,
  • YingHu - Heavens Tear
    YingHu - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    +1 post count :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RUN DOGGY, RUN!!!!!

-Retired Indefinitely- b:surrender
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Boartractor i was not saying anything against you or your faction or to anyone that does the same as you seem to do that reply was to a post above mine which i quoted.
    Is seemed that oerson was trying to say the glitch is a good thing because of my answers 1 2 and 3.
    Frankie has already posted that this Glitch is against TOS and is a bannable offence and anyone found using it will be punished you must have missed it but its here on this thread.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How stupid are you? PW has clearly stated that it is an exploit and using it is considered a bannable offense. They might not have any follow through because they are spineless c-ck sucking p-ssies but they did at least say it was bannable multiple times.

yea they did say its ban-able but do you think they are going to actually ban all those people that did it ?even the ones that are on the rankings that are easy to tell they abused it? b:chuckle
    no way will they ban them or remove the glitch anytime soon, cause those people are the ones buying massive amounts of zen to glitch lvl and buy rank gear b:bye

and thanks to that were ganna have a whole lot of fail high lvls running around in r9 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just had this thought...

It might look like GMs aren't enforcing the rules, but maybe people are getting banned for using this glitch but we just don't know it -gasp- b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just had this thought...

It might look like GMs aren't enforcing the rules, but maybe people are getting banned for using this glitch but we just don't know it -gasp- b:shocked

People aren't getting banned because they are world chatting about glitch squads every day. Nice try though.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    People aren't getting banned because they are world chatting about glitch squads every day. Nice try though.

Well according to the Mod who replied to your other thread, people are getting banned. So are you saying the Mod is lying? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks