Censorship Petition

Comments

• SaphirEys - Heavens Tear
    SaphirEys - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    All i know is im tired of almost every other word of mine being sensored for stupid stuff. I mean come on you cant even say passed out or bite me any more. Exactly what is wrong with those words/phrases except that passed out has THAT word in it? They need to do what almost every other game has done & put in a sensor that can be turned on or off by the player themselves. This has gone beyond ridiculous in my opinion.
  • Rirai - Lost City
    Rirai - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    copy paste not working too lazy to retype >:o
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Dont Patch It. Kill It.
  • Rirai - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    fight the powaa.

I don't get the hate the new censored list is getting. I for one applaud Gms on their recent endeavors on trying to PG up Pwi. Its summer and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only kid on pwi trying to hit up them ladies. With the constant bs on wc about sex, drugs, and kitchen utensils, it's about time things started changing. One of the words that were censored in the recent patch made me leap for joy; I even tear'd up a bit. The word, that shall not be named, starts with the letter 'N' and has to do with German extremists. Somewhere down the line I'm probably part Jewish, bless my grand mamma and her little soul for what she had to go through during those dark times, but I digress. What I'm trying to get at is, why stop with just that word? I'd like see other related words censored as well, i.e Hitler, Elyane, ebilwhiteguywiththefunnylookingmustache, etc. I am also shocked, surprised, and mortified that Gms have yet to censored "BH" and add it to their "special adult only words" list yet.

>"BH" is another secret hate code. This stands for Blood and Honor, an extreme right-wing group banned in Germany more than a decade ago. -useless article on yahoo that became pretty useful.

I die a little inside every time I log in to find people recruiting others for their "hate squad". Just the other day, while I was watching my fav show of all time Seinfeld, I peeked over to my laptop screen to see four wc's one after another that went something like this. "LF more ppl for bh09", "Lv 12 5.0 ep lf bh100", "male lv 101 veno lf bhl00 or a gf that plays a guy toon" etc. oh my days. With your halp we can stop these hate groups from ruining our perfect world. It's good to know that my monthly tax fees are being put to good uses. OBAMA YES WE CAN.

- a concern 12 year old that got
    his parents' consent to play pwi
    -Rirai
  • Ellemara - Heavens Tear
    Ellemara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    fight the powaa.

I don't get the hate the new censored list is getting. I for one applaud Gms on their recent endeavors on trying to PG up Pwi. Its summer and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only kid on pwi trying to hit up them ladies. With the constant bs on wc about sex, drugs, and kitchen utensils, it's about time things started changing. One of the words that were censored in the recent patch made me leap for joy; I even tear'd up a bit. The word, that shall not be named, starts with the letter 'N' and has to do with German extremists. Somewhere down the line I'm probably part Jewish, bless my grand mamma and her little soul for what she had to go through during those dark times, but I digress. What I'm trying to get at is, why stop with just that word? I'd like see other related words censored as well, i.e Hitler, Elyane, ebilwhiteguywiththefunnylookingmustache, etc. I am also shocked, surprised, and mortified that Gms have yet to censored "BH" and add it to their "special adult only words" list yet.

>"BH" is another secret hate code. This stands for Blood and Honor, an extreme right-wing group banned in Germany more than a decade ago. -useless article on yahoo that became pretty useful.

I die a little inside every time I log in to find people recruiting others for their "hate squad". Just the other day, while I was watching my fav show of all time Seinfeld, I peeked over to my laptop screen to see four wc's one after another that went something like this. "LF more ppl for bh09", "Lv 12 5.0 ep lf bh100", "male lv 101 veno lf bhl00 or a gf that plays a guy toon" etc. oh my days. With your halp we can stop these hate groups from ruining our perfect world. It's good to know that my monthly tax fees are being put to good uses. OBAMA YES WE CAN.

- a concern 12 year old that got
    his parents' consent to play pwi
    -Rirai

I see what you did there
  • XANTH_ - Heavens Tear
    XANTH_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I dont know if this was alrdy stated, as I'm not going to read through all 40 pages. I recently came back to PWI after a little break and come to find these censors. Im all for cleaning up world chat and making the game less sexual and whatnots. One thing out of this that I don't understand whatso ever is that "***"(g.ay) is cencored, when "masturbation", "intercource" and some others arent. Ceonsoring out "***"(g.ay) shows how prejudice PWI has become. I understand that this is based off of the Chinese version and everything, but doesnt the "I" stand for International? In many places **** are looked down upon but in quite a few others its not. So, why cencor something out that is an international word? *** (g.ay) doesnt only mean homosexual, it also is a term that describes someones mood, ***(g.ay) means that your happy. Do you not want us to be happy? All in all, If your going to censor words, censor the ones that really count. Is seeing "masturbation" and "intercourse" better than seeing "***"(g.ay)?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I dont know if this was alrdy stated, as I'm not going to read through all 40 pages. I recently came back to PWI after a little break and come to find these censors. Im all for cleaning up world chat and making the game less sexual and whatnots. One thing out of this that I don't understand whatso ever is that "***" is cencored, when "masturbation", "intercource" and some others arent. Ceonsoring out "***" shows how prejudice PWI has become. I understand that this is based off of the Chinese version and everything, but doesnt the "I" stand for International? In many places **** are looked down upon but in quite a few others its not. So, why cencor something out that is an international word? *** doesnt only mean homosexual, it also is a term that describes someones mood, *** means that your happy. Do you not want us to be happy? All in all, If your going to censor words, censor the ones that really count. Is seeing "masturbation" and "intercourse" better than seeing "***"?

So many typos I can't even.. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • XANTH_ - Heavens Tear
    XANTH_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So many typos I can't even.. b:cry

your point?
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Somebody respond to Rirai so he doesn't feel like a failure as a troll please?
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Rirai - Lost City
    edited June 2011

you so mad you didn't even quote me. Nice post count, if anything you're the troll here mister.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    you so mad you didn't even quote me. Nice post count, if anything you're the troll here mister.

I want to hear what you have to say about HH as an instance name.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2011

This is an opinionated thread, just because his may be different to you or I, doesn't make his post any less relervent.
    I can actually see his point about the 'n' word, but other than that i'm going to agree with the majority, as well as Xanth's logic.
    Why are actual, gramatical terms not blurred out?! It's idiotic to bleep out the word 'G.ay' and not the word ****.... You might be thinking 'But who says ****?' Trust me... I'm british, and **** is what us ladies usually call it ;D.
    But more importantly, censorship leads to people slipping through it... I know that '****' is now censored, I'm fine with that tho, because I don't think i've ever used '****' or 'B*tch' in their normal, origonal meaning... But, when people slipp through censors- the kids will become curious as to why you can't say it, and inquire why- often to their parents...

I've seen it happen before, on other websites, intended for 13+, having to come down to a 'U' rated filter..... :S. It mean that more, perhaps less offencive terms have to be bleeped out, and really. bleeping out the word 'g.ay' could be seen as an homophobic, or just plain offencive. In a world where freedom is key, even the name of the game 'International' you have to accept diverce cultures, and within those cultures, everyone in them... I would prefur to educate my children, and those around me about ****, then have them filtered out...
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "The censorship itself isn't a bad idea, however, it is currently a huge problem since it effects the playability of the game for many players since it censors the names of those whose character name is far from offensive."

That was the thread locking post from ChaoticShelly in a thread about the censor **** up everything.

Now, I can understand people getting upset over words. Contrary to popular belief, the fact that sticks and stones can break your bones does NOT make words unable to hurt you.

Words are powerful things. They convey information and ideas. They make people think. They CAN really, really hurt you (worse than any stick or stone) if you or others use them incorrectly or irresponsibly.

Education, discussion, negotiation, compromise = Good ideas.

Censorship = Bad idea. Eternally.

As for the censor in game...

It's a tool that lazy/greedy people are using to avoid hiring real people to monitor the servers.
    Using humans to read chats and deal with other humans is costly and time consuming.

It's also the only way to do things right.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm still finding it amusing that we can't say QUANTITY or IDENTITY yet we can say TITTIES just fine. Also, we can say MASTURBATION but **** is censored?

List of words not censored:

Boob
    Boobies
    Titties
    Masturbation
    Sex
    Sexy
    Sexual
    Intercourse
    A$$
    ****, ****, Buttmonkey, Buttdumpling, etc(any "Butt-" term that Beavis & Butthead might use)
    Cooch
    Poon
    Poonanny
    Pussey
    Anal
    Oral Sex

I'm sure there are plenty more that are not censored, but this goes to show just how utterly fail this censorship attempt is.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You know a censor crosses the line when I can't call your wife a rumpshaker in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Amenkillerin - Sanctuary
    Amenkillerin - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    censorship is useless, couse those who wants to harm can use as many points or other tricks as they want, and make the swear still understandable

now you can see what it couses when the censorship trys to prevent even that:

it only affekts normal players which cant use any parts of any words at all b:laugh

i really like it right now, its so fun, guild chat is like: *****a ****b *** c *********d b:chuckle
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited June 2011

This is an opinionated thread, just because his may be different to you or I, doesn't make his post any less relervent.
    I can actually see his point about the 'n' word, but other than that i'm going to agree with the majority, as well as Xanth's logic.
    Why are actual, gramatical terms not blurred out?! It's idiotic to bleep out the word 'G.ay' and not the word ****.... You might be thinking 'But who says ****?' Trust me... I'm british, and **** is what us ladies usually call it ;D.
    But more importantly, censorship leads to people slipping through it... I know that '****' is now censored, I'm fine with that tho, because I don't think i've ever used '****' or 'B*tch' in their normal, origonal meaning... But, when people slipp through censors- the kids will become curious as to why you can't say it, and inquire why- often to their parents...

I've seen it happen before, on other websites, intended for 13+, having to come down to a 'U' rated filter..... :S. It mean that more, perhaps less offencive terms have to be bleeped out, and really. bleeping out the word 'g.ay' could be seen as an homophobic, or just plain offencive. In a world where freedom is key, even the name of the game 'International' you have to accept diverce cultures, and within those cultures, everyone in them... I would prefur to educate my children, and those around me about ****, then have them filtered out...

Except it's not an opinion. Anyway...

The censorship is messed up, next step will be posters of Mao on the walls of Archosaur and restricted access to whatever is happening on every server other than your own. Oh wait.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Guys, if your character name was effected by this, please make sure to post here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1125851 I will be forwarding this later on. Thank you.
    .bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm on alts and can't post a screenshot, but for obvious reasons:

"JanusZeal" becomes "J****Zeal" when typing anything, and people cannot message me. Someone on my FL can initiate a chat dialogue, but cannot use /Januszeal because it translates to /J****Zeal and the name doesn't exist.

It's hilarious how just about no one here can follow directions.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011

"JanusZeal" becomes "J****Zeal" when typing anything, and people cannot message me. Someone on my FL can initiate a chat dialogue, but cannot use /Januszeal because it translates to /J****Zeal and the name doesn't exist.

Uhh, wrong thread bro. Shelly made a new thread to post this info on. I qouted ya there for you. If you post on hers, I'll remove my quote. Just wanted to make sure they have all the names. I hope they do something for you guys....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    **** isnt censored, thats completely fine... As soon as you add more than one **** though.... ****
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Omg I haven't logged on lately. This is the funniest damn glitch I've ever heard of.
    This might be a sign that PWI should calm down with the censors. No child is gonna try to purchase crack via PWI, nor is anyone ever gonna call someone else an ***-hopper.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Omg I haven't logged on lately. This is the funniest damn glitch I've ever heard of.
    This might be a sign that PWI should calm down with the censors. No child is gonna try to purchase crack via PWI, nor is anyone ever gonna call someone else an ***-hopper.

Are you kidding? Everyone on HL knows you're an asshopper. :|

jk i don't even log into hl anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Longknife loves to hop on them asses
    edited June 2011
    He and his Long"knife" asshops every person he sees.

lolwut
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Ive never seen you ingame.
    edited June 2011
    I quit HL and moved to DW around...

uh...
    start of the year?
    idk, whenever Wargasm disbanded. :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxXArchonXxX - Raging Tide
    XxXArchonXxX - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    yes plz remove this filter its unbelievable anoyying. people get around saying the words u intend to block but common words like grasshoper scooter passedout and a GIANT list more is getting locked. its kinda pointless. plz remove the filter or make it an option to block "mature" language in game options. to be honest there is a lot worse on tv than "scooter"
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2011

it doesn't filter the access via chat (not whisper) or"T" invite. it filters anything you type into the main page

(I've been talkingto Scuzeme through squad chat by inviting with T
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?