Censorship Petition

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    so dont start that "its 18+, right?" ****. we all were smart enough to know how to get around that, and those little kids who complain can go play WoW with their fellow 8 year old friends. just because someone uses a "bad word" doesnt mean u have to censor every word that some random person can make a bad comment on.

The thing is, if you sign up knowing it's an 18+ game, you are agreeing to seeing those words that are on WC and in gameplay. No one is forcing a 14 year old to fake his age, and if he reports the bad language because he's a "minor", joke is on him cuz he totally lied to play the game. If they can't handle language but deem it necessary to lie to play, they shouldn't be playing at all.

I agree with you on all the lil kids going to playing WoW instead. I wish we could get them to do that. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    But here NOT Chinese GAME!

what? it's not a chinese game? :O LMAO
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    But here NOT Chinese GAME!

Want to know where this game came from? Read my signature. However I do realize blocking chinese/japanese characters from chat on this version is a little... pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Since I can't say I'm *** anymore (g.ay/g4y) I have to say I'm a male ****.

I feel totally discriminated against...

I'm a mature guy who's accepted his sexuality.. and by no means expressing my sexuality is an offense...

I wanna be able to say I'm g4y again! b:angry
  • Ryuukaze - Sanctuary
    Ryuukaze - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Since I can't say I'm *** anymore (g.ay/g4y) I have to say I'm a male ****.

I feel totally discriminated against...

I'm a mature guy who's accepted his sexuality.. and by no means expressing my sexuality is an offense...

I wanna be able to say I'm g4y again! b:angry

Just say you're "happy in a colorful way" untill they "fix" it. Or say fabulous really often. People will know.
    b:pleased

I haven't checked myself, anyone knows if "fruity" is blocked?
    Edit: Can't even link anything with "g4y" on it here on forums XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just say you're "happy in a colorful way" untill they "fix" it. Or say fabulous really often. People will know.
    b:pleased

I haven't checked myself, anyone knows if "fruity" is blocked?

b:cry

/rawrchars
  • Bigredneck - Sanctuary
    Bigredneck - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have spent alot of time and effort on my toon. Now, all I can do is sit around and watch everyone else running squads. Since the price of dq and other drops from regular mobs were cut, it costs me too much to solo grind. When is this going to be fixed?
  • CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver
    CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    A big on/off switch for censoring would solve the whole problem, PW.

I'm a mom. I have 3 kids. One is 19 and one is 21. (My 13 year old is mentally disabled.) I allowed them to cuss to their heart's content growing up as long as it stayed under our roof. What happened was they grew up absolutely normal, only they don't feel the need to cuss like sailors in public places. Gosh. Imagine that.

b:chuckle
  • iscerio
    iscerio Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I think making the censorship optional is a good idea.
    PWI censorship hasn't been that good anyway, since I actually learned new swear words by using regular words like grasshopper and scooter (which is a mode of transportation). Censorship just goes bad when that happens. And now they've even censored j.ap, so you can't say japan anymore. That's just stupid. Way to discriminate a whole country.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There has never, not one case where censorship has been proven to have anysort of positive effect. However any sort of censorship can easily restrict free speech, something that used to be important in the western nations, but has been slipping more and more lately.

There are much, much, much better wasy to moderate the game than censorship. Therefore I will vote yes, it should be at the very least reverted back to what it was before update.

However, in my opinion it should be abolished completely. Of course I can't honestly expect this to happen and therefore I will suggest and support the notion to make it optional.

Hell, put a parenting lock password on it, or something if you want, but making censorship optional would make us all happy-er. I would still of course want to see it removed completely to make me fully happy. But that's not happening, is it?
  • DarkProxy - Raging Tide
    DarkProxy - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the new censorship patch is really dumb. not being able to send or receive messages, squad invites and many other things is just annoying. this game has the female toons running around in skimpy outfits but you can't have certain words in your name? thats just ridiculous. and to have it optional is not a good idea as well. if someone used that option they would still have the same game play problems they have now. why would anyone use that option? they wont. i say come up with something so they can change their name 'once' and the name they come up with be filtered for offensive material. so if its offensive to you guys something pops up and says can't use that name. it could even be a boutique item or something. but for a 1 time use, as in you can only change it once. it might be a lot of work on your guys part but it would make people happier than not being able to do anything in-game.
    You don't need a tank and cleric, you need me b:victory
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Did they not say they were fixing it? ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Did they not say they were fixing it? ._.

Yeah but people still feel the need to post their opinions on it.

And our luck, they won't "fix" it for another week, prolly no maintenence tonight <__<;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Titsania - Lost City
    Titsania - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Fixing it is great but when. So far this morning I have answered 8 wc messages looking for a 5.0 sin for NV. Not a single response. I am guessing that a 5.0 +10 weapon sin is what they looking for but haven't got a single response even spelling out my name with a space and telling them there is no spaces in it. I would say perhaps I am a fail sin but people on my friends list ask me to nv all the time. We have 3 hours left of 2x and I have been trying to get in a squad for over an hour. This never happened before this last update..
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Fixing it is great but when. So far this morning I have answered 8 wc messages looking for a 5.0 sin for NV. Not a single response. I am guessing that a 5.0 +10 weapon sin is what they looking for but haven't got a single response even spelling out my name with a space and telling them there is no spaces in it. I would say perhaps I am a fail sin but people on my friends list ask me to nv all the time. We have 3 hours left of 2x and I have been trying to get in a squad for over an hour. This never happened before this last update..

:'( I'd bring you if i could pm you!
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited June 2011
    :'( I'd bring you if i could pm you!

apparently you can invite people with censored names with the T Squad list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    PWE has been pressured by many people to make WC more friendly to younger eyes. This, however ill-conceived you might believe it to be, is their way of doing that.

Kritty, by law, if a child 'agrees' that they are 18, without parental consent, to play this game; and their parents get offended by the 'vulgar' language in WC, it is down to THEM to do something, as their child is on the site illegally (or just without permission, but saying illegally makes them sound bas-***) they are the ones in the wrong. As the game's target market are those above the age of consent, who probably stay up past the water gate, then PWE must simply explain that the game is intended for slightly older gamers. Because it is the terms and conditions, they can't touch PWE, so i have no idea what they're fearing...
    (and if the kids are playing, they probally won;t be part of the larger investment base, as we have seen in the past, PWE doesn;t give a damn about the player base, or the decline)
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Rhazgoth - Heavens Tear
    Rhazgoth - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Boo hiss to the censorship!!!

Can't use cracker, **** (as in Sauerkraut) among other crazy words. seriously, this censorship is getting out of hand.
  • Titsania - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Good news guys. They are looking into a fix for the name censorship and should have a solution within the next few maintenance sessions. Correct me if I am wrong but we only have maintenance once a week right???? So no hope in sight I guess...

censoredcopy.jpg
  • MaidenChina - Harshlands
    MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In PWE, you do not censor game, game censors YOU.

Today I tried talking with an old friend. Except...I couldn't even invite him into TT 3-3 squad today...BECAUSE.....

K-I-N-G-A-Y-O-B.

Really, PWE? Makes me glad I don't pay for your game "management" anymore.
  • im2cool4usothere
    im2cool4usothere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I learning many new word thank you pwi
  • Atriste - Sanctuary
    Atriste - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I started finding the new censors annoying when my friend and I couldn't even talk about his tiger mount trying to eat him because of it.

And THEN, while we were dueling, the loser couldnt even say "You beat me" because "eat me" is offensive??

Wtf PW, Wtf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let me live my life, and I'll try not to make yours a living hell.b:victory
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Not sure why thye do for an 18+ game, however the TOS clearly states...

(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;

People are quite frankly lucky GMs aren't banning them left and right for this in WC alone.

The only thing I support here is a refine of the swear filter that allows appropreate words that contain inapproprate words 'Technically' for example is filtered in the middle for the chnic part. Apparently its a racial target I'm sure 99% of the world didn't even know about. I didn't even know till I check UD the first time it got filtered on me. I'm also assuming these things will be filtered anyways on the forum.

Its kind of nice they beefed up the filter to catch more of the little slight mods... but really if they don't want us swearing we shouldn't be trying to avoid the filter in the first place.

Maybe they should just roll back and start enforcing the rule instead? Wave bye bye to a lot of people b:bye
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I couldn't say frosted animal crackers and it made me upset. Those are a really good snack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Good news guys. They are looking into a fix for the name censorship and should have a solution within the next few maintenance sessions. Correct me if I am wrong but we only have maintenance once a week right???? So no hope in sight I guess...

censoredcopy.jpg

How did you get to 102 without knowing that we only have maintenance once a week (if we're lucky)?
    D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Guys, if your character name was effected by this, please make sure to post here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1125851 I will be forwarding this later on. Thank you.
  • Titsania - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    How did you get to 102 without knowing that we only have maintenance once a week (if we're lucky)?
    D:

was sarcasm...
  • lysoul
    lysoul Posts: 0
    edited June 2011
    This word filter stuff is getting a lil out of hand. Several foul words get past the filter yet certain things like "Passed Out" are now a part of the work filter. I think you guy need to tone it down some or add the option for Mature word filtering to be disabled.

one of my faction mats DevilsdrSon name now shows up as Devi***rdSon why cause you guys have blocked lsd we all know its a drug they even teach us that in school and we can write reports on said topic too. We all see worse thing son prinetime TV now days drop the moronic word filters or come up up with a better solution PLEASE.

oh and btw I really have a issue with even bothering to try to filter it we all just find ways around the filter for the most part anyhow.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They're working on knocking back the sensors again. This time it IS getting out of hand.

Also, ask your friend with the sensored name to post in This Thread, so the mod can add him to the list of people effected by this change.

=\ To be honest, it was out of hand years ago. Seriously, it sensors the word scooter. |D Grapes, I can understand, but SCOOTER?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • lysoul
    lysoul Posts: 0
    edited June 2011
    needs to be removed more so then just reverted, there is really no function for it. People go around it all the time.