Gold prices steadily increasing

Comments

• Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This cant be done, too many reasons for it, basic economy: Supply/Demand will tell you why.

You should be thankful that you can buy gold with ingame money, in other games no matter how hard you grinded, you will never have access to cashshop items (very OP also) unless you use a credit card.

If they want to lower the price of gold (lets say that they CARE about it wich I seriously doubt), some kind of coin sink needs to be implemented, where people would get useful rewards for ingame money, something like crazy stone but repeatable (costing more money but giving slightly more exp each time).

But nowadays with packs spawning 10M every few minutes, no matter how good the coin sink, it will accomplish nothing as the market will still be overflowed with money.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2011

But nowadays with packs spawning 10M every few minutes, no matter how good the coin sink, it will accomplish nothing as the market will still be overflowed with money.

and there lies the biggest problem.... those damn tokens
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I assumed most did TT Nirvana Gear, with the LGIW -> Lunar Weaon -> Nirvana sequence also used.

TBH, other than the G15 -int pants (and some LA helms), most of the Nirvy armour I see on DW is the Lunar stuff.

Plus, there's quite a few shops around sell Lunar mats (more so now with BH 100 Lunar added).
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you sound like my grandmother b:sad
    Grandmothers are old, bitter, and rather naive, in most circumstances. Yep. Just like mine too.

When wife and I farmed the gold to buy r8 on two characters we were relatively disappointed at the gold price being around 1,350,000 (2 weeks ago).

However, at the time uncanny crystals were selling for over 600k each, and raptures at 2.15m.

The time it took to farm a little over 100m was 2-3 days (due to having slightly more than half a dozen 99 key quests), and the next 100m (zero 99 key quests) was about a week (we were leveling a few other characters at the same time so as not to burn out on Nirvana).

Having farmed r8 before gold was over 1m each, I notice little change in the difficulty to get this coinage.

While the methods of getting coin have changed, it certainly is not any more difficult to achieve. The people that have such a big issue are affixed on a number, not the mechanics behind it, and/or of the "back in 1857" mentality which is a sh***y one.

and there lies the biggest problem.... those damn tokens
    What you call a "problem" is useful to others. I like TOBL.

Why? I can farm the coin for it and buy TOBL to get my TT100 fist, or TT100 poleaxe, instead of gamble on 3-3 for an orange mat that I've never even seen drop yet.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    perhaps, but 99% of people exchange them for coins

according to the percentages, for every 100k packs opened, 8.25 billion coins will flood the marketplace

based on my own selling of packs, and how many people sell much more then me, in the 6 weeks these packs have been out, i would imagine a few hundred thousand packs have been opened

there is simply nothing in the game to soak up that many coins right now
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You can't force someone to sell gold for less than that gold is worth. Quit being greedy.

Sure you can.

1) Change permissions on all cash shop consumables to non-tradeable status.

2) Change Gold Trader to straight coin trade.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Put a fking gold cap at 1-1.2mil...this 1.4-1.6mil gold price is getting old. b:surrender

That's like asking the oil companies to put a cap on oil prices :D
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    That's like asking the oil companies to put a cap on oil prices :D

That annalogy would only be valid if pwi was putting unpurchased gold in the AH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Um.... people....

Gold USED to have a cap of 1 mil. Said cap has been removed. I think that should tell you what PWI thinks of this, just sayin.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This cant be done, too many reasons for it, basic economy: Supply/Demand will tell you why.

You should be thankful that you can buy gold with ingame money, in other games no matter how hard you grinded, you will never have access to cashshop items (very OP also) unless you use a credit card.

If they want to lower the price of gold (lets say that they CARE about it wich I seriously doubt), some kind of coin sink needs to be implemented, where people would get useful rewards for ingame money, something like crazy stone but repeatable (costing more money but giving slightly more exp each time).

There was a gold cap before why can't there be a gold cap again...I don't get it.

As it is the prices of gold are going up because people are buying all of the gold at low prices and just jacking it up to insane prices. It's not so much a simple case of supply and demand...it's more...supply...transfer ownership of supply...demand. lulz
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Will probably be steadily at 2 mil within a few months :o I think
    edited June 2011
    There was a gold cap before why can't there be a gold cap again...I don't get it.

As it is the prices of gold are going up because people are buying all of the gold at low prices and just jacking it up to insane prices. It's not so much a simple case of supply and demand...it's more...supply...transfer ownership of supply...demand. lulz

Because the ammount of coins in the economy is steadily rising, with no outlet, and nothing purchaseable direcly in game with coin that is all that valuable. Meanwhile 1 gold will buy more and more packs. Packs are roughy worth 450k in opportunity. And are thus unsellable at 1 gold per pack with the value of coin going down relative to gold. There needs to be a correction put in place to enhance the value of coin. Neither coin or gold opperates in a vacuum, they are relative. And the relationship is off balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Because the ammount of coins in the economy is steadily rising, with no outlet, and nothing purchaseable direcly in game with coin that is all that valuable. Meanwhile 1 gold will buy more and more packs. Packs are roughy worth 450k in opportunity. And are thus unsellable at 1 gold per pack with the value of coin going down relative to gold. There needs to be a correction put in place to enhance the value of coin. Neither coin or gold opperates in a vacuum, they are relative. And the relationship is off balance.

Whatever you said it sounded good. Us white trash folk just know something need be done right naoo but dunno what!!!! b:angry

I know...make an npc that sells you levels directly. Ois is pretty smart cosidering I'm married to my cousin and I cheat on her with a horse, huh? b:cute
  • Shulky - Heavens Tear
    Shulky - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They wouldnt put a cap on gold because if you think about it: how many people were able to farm gold back then (100k per gold) you can get 100k pretty easily if you farm. However, farming 1.4m is much harder. Therefore, more people pay into the game because they do not want to spend x14 the amount and spend that time.

Why would PWI put a cap on gold when people pay more when the gold is higher. Like, I wouldn't put money into the game if gold dropped down to 500k-800k. I would wait for it to hit 1.2 or so. Because then I am getting more for my money.

I'm sure gold prices will continue to rise up more and more. Which, as the gold seller, I am looking forward to, for others who don't put money into the game, yes, it sucks, but consider this: Buy a video game from a store - costs 60$ and you beat it in 15 hours or less. PWI lasts much longer than 15hours. So logically to me the 60$ was better spent on here than on the video game for your PS3/Xbox. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, PWI would be shooting themselves in the foot if they capped gold prices, so I don't think they will be doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They wouldnt put a cap on gold because if you think about it: how many people were able to farm gold back then (100k per gold) you can get 100k pretty easily if you farm. However, farming 1.4m is much harder. Therefore, more people pay into the game because they do not want to spend x14 the amount and spend that time.

Back then, farming for gold at 100k each was still difficult due to our weaker overall gear, as well as less ways to gain coin.

After the duke rose glitch, the "uber rich" people had 100 mil or so from it. Nowadays, most 100+ players have well beyond 100mil be it in actual coin or the value of their gear.
    edited June 2011
    Whatever you said it sounded good. Us white trash folk just know something need be done right naoo but dunno what!!!! b:angry

I know...make an npc that sells you levels directly. Ois is pretty smart cosidering I'm married to my cousin and I cheat on her with a horse, huh? b:cute

Don't worry country, ill simple it up for you, just think of coins as food stamps and shop gold as nascar tickets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulky - Heavens Tear
    Shulky - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Back then, farming for gold at 100k each was still difficult due to our weaker overall gear, as well as less ways to gain coin.

After the duke rose glitch, the "uber rich" people had 100 mil or so from it. Nowadays, most 100+ players have well beyond 100mil be it in actual coin or the value of their gear.

Farming it isn't easy I agree, though, I do recall on my first toon being a veno and I farmed 400k or so before I hit 30. Which I used NPC gear and a Cry. Magmite (walkers weren't around) or used whatever dropped from mobs. Which could have been 4g. Versus a level 30 trying to farm 5.6m for the 4g. But yes, I do agree that it still wasn't an easy process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Don't worry country, ill simple it up for you, just think of coins as food stamps and shop gold as nascar tickets

Ummm...

More confused..

Can I use my food stamps on energy drinks?

JEFFFFFF GORDONNNNNNNNNNNNb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited June 2011
    The only thing you can get without a ticket is the hell out of the stadium
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Oh shet I needed to trade my food stamps for nascar tickets I get it :O

But what do I eat then. Momma's breast milk gone sour. b:cry
    edited June 2011
    Oh shet I needed to trade my food stamps for nascar tickets I get it :O

But what do I eat then. Momma's breast milk gone sour. b:cry

Nutria, squirrels, road possum, wild boar, or go frog stickin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Nutria, squirrels, road possum, wild boar, or go frog stickin

You forgot day old raccoon...Ois's favorite b:cute
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    either deal with the gold being high or just go mow a yard or work some kinda job and spend your own money..not hard.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Then we have those that are lazy, ignorant, illogical, and/or paranoid of selling gold outside of the AH mechanism. They will use the in-game mechanism to sell gold. This includes new players who simply do not know that gold prices have exceeded the AH cap, and thus will simply sell at the highest price the AH allows.
    Trust isn't an issue.

If a cat-shop is offering to purchase Easy Rider Packs at 550k each, then anybody who has Gold can buy 50 Packs for 18 Gold, then sell them to the shop for 27.5 million.

No trust issues at all, and they've just sold their Gold for ~1.53m each

So why don't people do it this way? Because it's more convenient to trade through the AH due to the concentration of buyers/sellers all in one place.

But if a cap of 1m gets put in place, then the cost of convenience will be high enough to compel people to do it this way.
    A 1 mil cap would probably work. Could still see people selling CS items for a bit more on the outside.
    It wouldn't be "a bit" more though. The cost differential would be huge.

This all isn't just my opinion, by the way, because the 1m Gold cap was in place in other versions of PW that went Pack-Crazy before PWI did.

In those versions, the AH never had any Gold for sale, and all Gold sales took place either through WC or through cat-shops at prices well above the 1m cap.

So all a cap does is make it less convenient to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Trust isn't an issue.

If a cat-shop is offering to purchase Easy Rider Packs at 550k each, then anybody who has Gold can buy 50 Packs for 18 Gold, then sell them to the shop for 27.5 million.

No trust issues at all, and they've just sold their Gold for ~1.53m each

So why don't people do it this way? Because it's more convenient to trade through the AH due to the concentration of buyers/sellers all in one place.

But if a cap of 1m gets put in place, then the cost of convenience will be high enough to compel people to do it this way.

It wouldn't be "a bit" more though. The cost differential would be huge.

This all isn't just my opinion, by the way, because the 1m Gold cap was in place in other versions of PW that went Pack-Crazy before PWI did.

In those versions, the AH never had any Gold for sale, and all Gold sales took place either through WC or through cat-shops at prices well above the 1m cap.

So all a cap does is make it less convenient to play.

Wasn't there a gold cap of 1 mil in this version before? I swear there was...maybe I'm wrong though.
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    gold is 1.6mil now on dreamweaverb:shockedb:angryb:shocked
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Price on gold set by the amount of supply and demand.

It is, it was and it will be while gold is sold by real money and gold market has not artificial infusion of gold (or coins have not extra source to spent, except gold).

If someone will remove gold auction by setting maximum price for 1 gold, Cash shoppers will sell CS goods (Dragon orbs, for example or medals of glory) instead for proper to real cost of gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sure you can.

1) Change permissions on all cash shop consumables to non-tradeable status.

2) Change Gold Trader to straight coin trade.

For those who said Gold Cap will not prevent people from selling gold beyond the cap, thats not very true.

Like Michael_Dark said in point 2, if PWI places an NPC that sells gold at 1m each, 1m becomes the immediate cap for gold.

e.g. Quest Related > Trade 1,000,000 coins for 1 Gold.
    or Buy Gold Pack, right click for 1Gold

Having this type of cap also mean coin sink to the game, which seriously need one. Right now we can NPC gold for coins (throught tokens/best lucks) but we cant NPC coins to gold.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2011

It could be worse...

It could have gold spammers.

Also if your interested here is a picture from Perfect World Malaysia in their recent dead server.

They changed the name to DESTINY and here is MY's current gold price.
    Here

Why Cubizone keepshttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/images/editor/color.gif running the thing is beyond me the hyperinflation at THAT server is phenomenal "Demon WB Grav Stonker" was going for 500 MIL!

If you'd like I can post a picture of that to.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'll say this.

The cheaper gold is in AH, the less likely people are to put gold into the system.

Yeah, gold used to be 200k years ago. But, at the same time, it would take you weeks, or even months, to buy or sell gold at that price, because nobody charged zen to exchange it for gold via AH.

If you think a cap will work, then you are very stupid.

A gold cap in AH (say, at 1 mil like everyone seems to want, if they want a cap) would be the exact same thing as simply removing the gold exchange feature from PWI.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level