Gold prices steadily increasing

Ois - Lost City
Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Put a fking gold cap at 1-1.2mil...this 1.4-1.6mil gold price is getting old. b:surrender
Post edited by Ois - Lost City on

Comments

• Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    sure... so you have requests for 10,000 gold at the cap, and no one selling 0.o

caps will not work, it will just make it impossible to buy gold
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You can't force someone to sell gold for less than that gold is worth. Quit being greedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hehe. You miss the best time of game 2 and 1/2 years ago, when gold was 120K.b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    When no APS madness was, When no genie, no BH, no exp.FF, no tideborns. But game was still MUCH better and fun than is now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Hehe. You miss the best time of game 2 and 1/2 years ago, when gold was 120K.b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    When no APS madness was, When no genie, no BH, no exp.FF, no tideborns. But game was still MUCH better and fun than is now.

you sound like my grandmother b:sad
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You can't force someone to sell gold for less than that gold is worth. Quit being greedy.

Actually, I wonder about that.

Suppose we have a gold cap of 1m.

We have those who play regularly and keep up with the market. They will sell gold at a higher price, say 1.5m per gold. These people are trying to maximize profits; we can call these the greedy gold sellers (greed is logical).

Then we have those that are lazy, ignorant, illogical, and/or paranoid of selling gold outside of the AH mechanism. They will use the in-game mechanism to sell gold. This includes new players who simply do not know that gold prices have exceeded the AH cap, and thus will simply sell at the highest price the AH allows.

This is a case of Greed vs. Laziness/Ignorance/Stupidity/Paranoia.

I'm not certain who would win.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There would still be thousands or orders of gold at the cap since that is far below market value. It would be incredibly difficult for anyone to get any gold if they have to compete against merchants with their billions of coins trying to rip off noob gold sellers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited June 2011
    Is gold sold in FIFO order or LIFO order, if they are at the same price?
    edited June 2011
    first in, first out
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Gold works like this. If you are buying boutique gold the gold at the lowest price is sold first. If you are selling boutique gold the boutique gold at the highest price is sold first. This is done regardless of what number you type in as long as it fits in the range of things. Also gold will be going up or staying at same price since I feel a D Orb sale is coming this week.

Example for buying gold:

1,400,000 x15
    1,395,000 x20
    1,385,000 x15 (People who buy boutique gold from Gold Listing will buy this one first)

Example for selling gold:

1,375,000 x15 (People who sell boutique gold will sell to this person first)
    1,374,000 x20
    1,373,000 x15
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Gold works like this. If you are buying boutique gold the gold at the lowest price is sold first. If you are selling boutique gold the boutique gold at the highest price is sold first. This is done regardless of what number you type in as long as it fits in the range of things. Also gold will be going up or staying at same price since I feel a D Orb sale is coming this week.

i think your misunderstanding

i believe the question was, if i bid 1.1 mill for 10 gold, and then you bid 1.1 mill for 10 gold, so now it shows 20 gold requested at 1.1m, so whose is filled first, in which case, its the one who put the offer in first
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals medals
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If gold was capped at a set amount below what gold is worth (lol packs), people will just buy the said items.

Rider packs are currently worth '420k' each. If gold was capped at say 800k, people will just buy packs, open them and sell the items.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    people are already worldchatting offers to sell gold outside of the AH to "avoid auction house fees". of course, what they're doing is offering to buy you the cash shop item(s) of your choice with their gold, and hand them over in return for your coin at their set exchange rate. hence, no auction house gold price cap could hope to work by itself.

some of ElenaCostel's previous comments imply that some (most?) of these offers are trustworthy, and her word counts for much in my opinion, but i confess i'm still in the camp who're too paranoid to try it out ourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Lot of people collected coins and going to buy medals/chips in last moment. As result - gold price going up.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    gold bids at same price are first in first out.

the way rising gold prices are combated are to raise the value of coins, this is done by adding something in game that can only be done with coin, that people will actually want to do

bad examples of this are: tiger badge quest, buy DQ points at jolly jones (has anyone ever, ever actually done this?)

if there was some great piece of gear that you needed actual coin for the value of coins would go up which would make people with no coin and gold more likely to sell the gold for less because they wanted the coin. as it stands the the only way to get endgame is with gold, the only way to get packs is with gold, and tobls are causeing 10m coins to be added to the aggregate coin supply quickly and steadily, further devaluing coins.

bad examples of great pieces of gear that are coin only: base gear, ridiculously overpriced and not even as good as nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    They could remove the daily 3-key quest, so that you have to buy keys to get into Nirvana.
    edited June 2011
    cept most people are doing nirvana for coins anyway, this would just increase the number of people getting rank 9 and decrease farming. like the 3m entry fee in lunar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    The difference is that nobody really wants to farm Lunar gear, but people will still farm Nirvana gear.

Coin would be leaving the system.

It would be true that the Nirvana farmers would benefit most, but that's not a bad thing in of itself.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    But would they? When Nirvana is available through packs....

• Starmie - Harshlands
    Starmie - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What the hell?
    Guys, it's THEIR money, they should be able to sell it at whatever price they want to anyway..That's like you going to Wal-mart and having a little kid following you around telling you how much money you can spend or telling you what you can and cannot buy.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Pro third choice on the poll.b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited June 2011
    What the hell?
    Guys, it's THEIR money, they should be able to sell it at whatever price they want to anyway..That's like you going to Wal-mart and having a little kid following you around telling you how much money you can spend or telling you what you can and cannot buy.

are you responding to the discussion, or are you just charging in here with you fingers in your ears yelling "i can do what i want with my money" the discussion is about the economy in general, we all know how individuals behave with their money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    A 1 mil cap would probably work. Could still see people selling CS items for a bit more on the outside.

While yes the CAN just open packs and sell, you need to opens hundreds of packs to make profit, so those who just charge 10 Gold to make money are more likely to sell the gold for instant coins. Plus, don't think everyone will charge max, some will come by and sell like 100 cheaper, and have THEIR gold instantly sell.
    The difference is that nobody really wants to farm Lunar gear, but people will still farm Nirvana gear.

Coin would be leaving the system.

It would be true that the Nirvana farmers would benefit most, but that's not a bad thing in of itself.

So if no one farms Lunar, then how do you get Lunar Nirvy Gear? Pretty sure you can't chip in the green mats.

Though, removing the entry fee would be a good idea. And reducing some NPC charges to reflect PWI Economy. That would probably be the best coin sink there. Reduce the fees for alot of things and people will actually use them, not just skip over (~500K Nirvy keys would probably make sense for one).
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    people are already worldchatting offers to sell gold outside of the AH to "avoid auction house fees". of course, what they're doing is offering to buy you the cash shop item(s) of your choice with their gold, and hand them over in return for your coin at their set exchange rate. hence, no auction house gold price cap could hope to work by itself.

some of ElenaCostel's previous comments imply that some (most?) of these offers are trustworthy, and her word counts for much in my opinion, but i confess i'm still in the camp who're too paranoid to try it out ourselves.

It is trustworthy and typically its cheaper to do it this way. Its like selling to someone on wc. They buy the item you wanted, you open trade and double check that its what you wanted just how they double check that you have to right amount of number places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Starmie - Harshlands
    Starmie - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    are you responding to the discussion, or are you just charging in here with you fingers in your ears yelling "i can do what i want with my money" the discussion is about the economy in general, we all know how individuals behave with their money.

You know, that is sorta what I thinking thinking after reading that..Let me post about the thread from that point then...

The economy is getting crazy, it's our fault too though, we relied to much on packs, Manufacturing books, and all that from the bontique.
    I think gold should be important but NOT really as important as it is now.
    I think a good way to fix the economy, (Which I want to post later) should be a new chain of armor that can be farmed from new quest in the FB19caves..And like Rank Armor it should get stronger the farther you go with it and should require skill with your class to do it..You know? certain mobs that you have to stun first to break spell, and a burn debuff and certain combos blah blah..
    Sorta got off track but I hope you catch my drift.
    edited June 2011
    So if no one farms Lunar, then how do you get Lunar Nirvy Gear? Pretty sure you can't chip in the green mats.

I assumed most did TT Nirvana Gear, with the LGIW -> Lunar Weaon -> Nirvana sequence also used.
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    On topic :
    No a cap is not good for the economy in PWI.
    . The dynamics would concede .
    - Most merchants rely on sales and gold/coin ratio's
    - the need and greed isn't there ( since gold is capped, there is no rush , ill grind it )
    - some are gold traders,fluctuating goldprices offer/demand are their 'income'
    - if gold price is capped ,there is less competetion(less income for PWI)
    - too many products would have a fixed price.

So thats my opinion
    edited June 2011
    A 1 mil cap would probably work. Could still see people selling CS items for a bit more on the outside.

While yes the CAN just open packs and sell, you need to opens hundreds of packs to make profit, so those who just charge 10 Gold to make money are more likely to sell the gold for instant coins. Plus, don't think everyone will charge max, some will come by and sell like 100 cheaper, and have THEIR gold instantly sell.

you dont have too, there will be a ton of buy offers at the max, but there will be minimal to no sell offers

even at 1.3m+ on my servers, there are far more buy offers then sell, which is why the price still goes up
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    edited June 2011
    On topic :
    No a cap is not good for the economy in PWI.
    . The dynamics would concede .what does this mean?
    - Most merchants rely on sales and gold/coin ratio'sa cap would not reduce demand for CS items. sales are irrelevant to a gold cap
    - the need and greed isn't there ( since gold is capped, there is no rush , ill grind it )greed demands instant gratiification, which is where merchants make most of their money. need and greed wouldn't go anywhere, just the frenzy of "omg i beetter buy my gold now while its at 1.4m cause it will probably be 4 mil next week
    - some are gold traders,fluctuating goldprices offer/demand are their 'income' pure currency trading only adds to inflation, there is no benefit to be had ouutside the individual trader, its not really a niche worth catering to anyway
    - if gold price is capped ,there is less competetion(less income for PWI)as already stated, a cap would not reduce demand for CS items, pwi would sell the same amount of gold, if not more
    - too many products would have a fixed price.what is your standard for "too many", and why would supply and demand no longer work? there would still be sales, and ingame items and "rare" pack items

So thats my opinion

your opinion is wrong, in red
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Once again , saying that is my opinion.not stating it's a fact.
    Though i tend to disagree with your point of view.
    maybe i should rephrase my opinions.