History doomed to repeat itself?

Comments

• Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I care about trying to find some enjoyment in this game again. Is that your comment to me because u cant argue anything I said in my previous post?

Also...spending 100k on a faction name doesn't make you a good leader. You haven't done anything or accomplished anything on the server except embarrass yourself and become the butt of a lot of jokes. You lose wars 40 v 7...what else can we even say.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Valhalla... uhm

I'm sure I have a comment but I can't think of one yet.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Everyone except CrimsonJr sucks donkey shet.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All the heavy cash shoppers who would be a good match for each other dont wanna fight between them, so they join the same guild.

Thank Lord for the rare exceptions such as: BloodFeast (who enjoys ganking heavy CSers and KOS like 99% people on the server) or the Insanity guys (Lumpejudd, Flashlight, SlowZ, ...).

God bless em. b:pleased
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    @Eoira: I left Evoke because the map barely has room for 4 strong guilds let alone 8. And how dare you paint me as a quitter, I've lead guilds since level 40 only breaking for Kylin lvl 85-97 (which didnt take long), ive spent 90% of my time in PW running factions and life simply doesnt allow me the time to do so anymore. How dare you.

Shut your bloody mouth, Taar. You pretty much gave the finger to everybody in the guild, and NOBODY there appreciated it. YOU had just turned your back on everybody who had been willing to follow you....because what, you thought you couldn't handle the competition? You were afraid to loose? At least your faction had the balls to fight CrimsonJr...But you? You just ran and hid behind Valhalla's (Cashshopped) skirt.

Ancient Chinese proverb? "Shame that you fall down if nobody push you."
    How the hell do you think Crimson got there on that map? ****** overnight? I remember when TeamLlama and Crimson were allies, and we were on the same sheet of music as far as power was concerned! Hell, I remember when they still recruited 70+.
    They didn't get there by _fURY_ being a puss1e and bailing for Zulu, or Kingdom, or Kylin. They got there because people were willing to get stronger and put effort into their faction and their teammates. They were just having a good time....whilst also getting stronger and kicking major ****.
    People act like this happened in a few weeks! It's been almost a year now since I remember them first re-recruiting, to build themselves back up!

The very LEAST you could have done, if you supposedly didn't have the time to LEAD faction, you could have stayed. Instead, you were a *****, and you bailed, and you made morale fall so hard that most of the guild wants to give you a good kick in the face.

Your excuse is COMPLETELY invalid, and it's **** poor. You don't have the time to give a flying f*ck about Evoke, but you sure as hell have time to RPK lowbies, chill in West, and TW with Valhalla!

If you're going to make an excuse and try to get away with "murder", don't leave a trail of bloody footsteps to your apartment, herp durp.
    People like you, who have a good thing going as far as guilds and then bail for no good reason, just **** me the hell off. Shame on you for letting those people who decided to follow you down.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    @Eoira: I left Evoke because the map barely has room for 4 strong guilds let alone 8. And how dare you paint me as a quitter, I've lead guilds since level 40 only breaking for Kylin lvl 85-97 (which didnt take long), ive spent 90% of my time in PW running factions and life simply doesnt allow me the time to do so anymore. How dare you.

And Born_Free just replied better than I ever could to this. Shock and awe.

+1 respect point to Born_Free for a damn good post. ohgodswhatamisaying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I didnt know it was Born_Free with this char o.o

+1 :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Anyone else feel the rage coming from Failsus?b:surrender

Why was Taarloor unsuccessful with Evoke? im pretty sure they were a big reason for Zulus death :P
    oh and crimson sucks...

Edit: I think born_free just cut her wrists :|
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Anyone else feel the rage coming from Failsus?b:surrender

Why was Taarloor unsuccessful with Evoke? im pretty sure they were a big reason for Zulus death :P
    oh and crimson sucks...

Edit: I think born_free just cut her wrists :|

return on your private server b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nah got tired of all the 1v1s as nobody can beat me, trolling these epic forums with a bunch of OP geared ppl thinkin they are good is way more funb:laugh
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011

O, I saw what u did thar....b:chuckle

Yes Drali, this is my Seeker. (Curses, foiled again!) b:avoid

Gonna have to ignore Hhlolz Drali...99.3% of the time, they're trolling harder than Luctrecia does....and that's saying something. .-.

I do agree with Curses though...I'd love to see some decent, semi-competent factions gank on Valhalla. Who knows, they might actually loose....
    Oh well. Only a few factions actually have the means and the balls. The only time people will wake up and realize that we should have all worked together to defeat a common apricot splotch (the politically correct term, as mentioned by Eoria) on the map...is when that apricot splotch is at their doorstep.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Q_Q
    edited May 2011
    Why you all trash Taar for stepping down as a leader and leaving Evoke? o_O

Is it so uncommon?

What about others? Nurfed (Zulu), XuLin (left Kylin, joined PengWINS for a while), Icon (left KD), RayVer (left KD), Michael (left KD, joined Zulu), Ligeia (left PengWINS), Fury (stepped down), killer_khan (left Takoda), Bunny_Spank (stepped down), Flashlight (left Wodan), ..., MrLlama (left TeamLlama), ... ?

And many many others ...

I guess he just wanted to follow his friends, take part in decent TWs and play when he wants to. Besides: Evoke became an alt-faction (both Ice and Taar got their alts there); with pretty inactive people, guild base drastically losing it's HP on a daily basis, guildies leaving (especially officers), so - yeah ...

What does he prove by staying on the sinking ship?
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Is it so uncommon?

What about others? Nurfed (Zulu), XuLin (left Kylin, joined PengWINS for a while), Icon (left KD), RayVer (left KD), Michael (left KD, joined Zulu), Ligeia (left PengWINS), Fury (stepped down), killer_khan (left Takoda), Bunny_Spank (stepped down), Flashlight (left Wodan), ..., MrLlama (left TeamLlama), ... ?

And many many others ...

I guess he just wanted to follow his friends, take part in decent TWs and play when he wants to. Besides: Evoke became an alt-faction (both Ice and Taar got their alts there); with pretty inactive people, guild base drastically losing it's HP on a daily basis, guildies leaving (especially officers), so - yeah ...

Respect. Something he hasn't earned in his whole time of playing.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hate on Taarloor. Cuz "it's da cool thing to do." It gives u street cred fo 'sho.

Try leading your own faction before dissing people willing to do it.

Edit: Evoke still kinda sucked as a competitive faction tho I ain't gonna lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    How dare you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flashpoint1
    flashpoint1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What i see often at pk is, random guilds suddenly help to valhalla cause they are scared of them and hope if they help them they stay alive from them^^
    (or some just help to the guild which is stronger outside at the moment)

happens so often o.O, so many on one even if the others are already 5 more

@ChuckNorris, SlowZ is mine and lumpes archer btw xD
    edited May 2011
    @ChuckNorris, SlowZ is mine and lumpes archer btw xD

I kno. b:quiet

But Lumpe is playing it too much, and trash talks too much with it, will make a bad reputation. b:chuckle
  • Player_two - Harshlands
    Player_two - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Is it so uncommon?

And many many others ...

side note Lig didnt leave by choice, he stopped palying cuz his client wouldnt patch and he coudlnt log back in. we would have all kept playing but he coudlnt keep going and we coudlnt force mali to do all the work...QQ...RIP PENGWINS!
    b:shocked oh noes was walking and forgot to breath
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Is it so uncommon?

Most of the people you listed left after their guild has died and was off the map, got busy with IRL, went to another game, or just remade another guild with the same people.
    60 / 250.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Most of the people you listed left after their guild has died and was off the map, got busy with IRL, went to another game, or just remade another guild with the same people.

...Same with me....
    edited May 2011
    side note Lig didnt leave by choice, he stopped palying cuz his client wouldnt patch and he coudlnt log back in. we would have all kept playing but he coudlnt keep going and we coudlnt force mali to do all the work...QQ...RIP PENGWINS!

Maybe, but I'll quote his words (hoping he won't mind).
    He didn't mention PWI update trouble:

It seems that most people have completely lost interest in PWI. Mali has talked about our signups a lot lately, and it seems like we can't even get as many people as we did when we were fighting Evoke after we had just made the guild. Most of the core members barely play or have quit altogether, and with the direction the game has taken over the last month, I can't blame them.

I considered having Mali disband the guild, but I realize a lot of people don't have anywhere else they'd like to go. Mali has done a great job leading in my place from what I can tell, but she's not the type and I can't keep asking her to do something she doesn't enjoy. So, anyone feel free to nominate yourself or someone else as leader to me in PM's, because I just have no desire to return to PWI. You guys have been great for the most part, and there's no doubt in mind we could have taken Crimson's place with enough people. There are still goals we never met, but I feel like this game is just not worth it anymore. I'm not tired of the guild itself or leading it, honestly, but I can't lead a guild in a game that I won't be playing.

also
    ... I had a lot of fun playing PWI, but with the latest changes apparently making HH (and hence, farming coins) even more tedious and difficult and also complicating TW, the only thing that was truly fun in the game, I just feel like the work-fun ratio is way too imbalanced for me to enjoy myself anymore. I was trying to take a few weeks to continue leading with Mali being my eyes and ears in-game but, like I said, it's just not working out and not fair to you guys. I hope you guys stick together and continue to do well, and if some of the game changes are ever reverted, I'll definitely consider coming back.

I miss PengWINS, too. b:cry
  • zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ...Even your class with your gear and refines is whats wrong with the server in my opinion. You don't play a +12 sin if u want equality and balance on the server. Also bringing double or triple as many people to world pvp when you already out gear your opponent still doesn't seem like someone seeking a good fight. I've watched this happen vs my own guild and when I was just sitting back watching Vallhalla fight people like crimson, or insanity.

Thanks a lot for saying that ^_^. Especially the part about playing an Assassin and then complaining about the state of PK on the server. Don't complain about ANYTHING while playing an Assassin. You're probably one of the biggest problems right as you play if you're even playing an Assassin. EVERYONE knows how it feels to get PKed by an Assassin. It's a rotten feeling.
    ...And how dare you paint me as a quitter, I've lead guilds since level 40 only breaking for Kylin lvl 85-97 (which didnt take long), ive spent 90% of my time in PW running factions and life simply doesnt allow me the time to do so anymore. How dare you.

IMHO, you shouldn't have replied to that post, since it was very stupid overall: creating a faction isn't an automatic claim for good morals or loyalty to internet friends (an oxymoron) or anything similar: it's a statement of intent, and the intent is to make in-game money, get famous, grief other players through co-ordinated team PK fly-bys (read that as "random ganks"), or some other goal. Um...nobody owes you anything when they invite you to their faction except what they explicitly promise you.

To my knowledge, no faction leader ever promises people he invites to his faction that he will stick with a boring, tedious job even while the original purpose for creating the guild is obviously getting out of reach: that's just ruining the creator's game experience, when instead he can...join another faction and have fun instead.

Taarloor doesn't owe anybody a single thing.
    Everyone except CrimsonJr sucks donkey shet.

b:chuckle
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
  • Fragil - Harshlands
    Fragil - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Stop jumping on Taar for leaving his leading position when most of you didnt ever take such responsabilities or know what it really feels like on your shoulders.

This is starting to be out of topic and just idiot bikering on him.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm just curious how this game is even fun if all of your gear is +12 with JoSD in every single socket.

You 1-shot every single person, and well geared people hit you for 800. As if that wasn't a huge enough advantage, you spam ironguards anytime multiple people gang up to take Goliath down.

Now, that might feel like an accomplishment, if you worked for your gear, and farmed all that. But you went from zero to hero with a few button clicks.

How is that even fun? There's a reason I don't PvP. Everytime I go to one of the standard locations, there's one of these people **** everyone. Sometimes they're even with a group of 5 others with the same gear (of course squadded with each other, not fighting against one another).
  • UrDian - Harshlands
    UrDian - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Haters will hate - it's funny how these threads always turn into bashing, hating and QQing.

Play to have fun. If it's not fun, quit playing or go play a different game. No need to bash on others that are also just looking for entertainment.
    edited May 2011
    How is that even fun? There's a reason I don't PvP. Everytime I go to one of the standard locations, there's one of these people **** everyone. Sometimes they're even with a group of 5 others with the same gear (of course squadded with each other, not fighting against one another).

And then un-buffed BloodFeast jumps in killing all of them in no more than 10 seconds. You gotta love when that happens. b:laugh

But, yeah, I decided not to level once I saw Diancecht at west gates. I said to myself: "*** this, I'm stayin blue for good. No point leveling."

Well, I might reconsider it if I manage to find a buyer for my kidney.

Just kiddin! Peace brothas and sisters! b:victory

meh, I dun care for gears. What matters is - good fashion! b:cute
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Haters will hate - it's funny how these threads always turn into bashing, hating and QQing.

Play to have fun. If it's not fun, quit playing or go play a different game. No need to bash on others that are also just looking for entertainment.

Only way to make game fun again is make a daily event. Dian's attack on Catshopsaur. All server vs him. b:victory
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Only way to make game fun again is make a daily event. Dian's attack on Catshopsaur. All server vs him. b:victory

Thanks God, Bloodfeast does that too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Thanks God, Bloodfeast does that too

Drali....where are my pancakes? b:scorn

Q_Q