History doomed to repeat itself?

Comments

• Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    When, ironically it's Catalyst who has more R9's and more former Zulu/Decent Crimson/Kylin players than (literally) any faction on the map....the irony is delicious.

Valhalla has more ex KY than catalyst, proably more crimson too, ijs. We just invited the ones we like b:victory
    I can at least respect Valhalla for wanting a map run that gives other factions a chance. When Valhalla gets wiped off the map, who is gonna have the power to stand up to Catalyst?
    But that's the whole point, isn't it? Nobody will. You will have the easiest map grab since...Zulu killed Kingdom and Kylin...if not easier.

Sorry who appart from Cata has a chance against Valhalla atm? I mean if they thought they had a chance wouldnt KY, mayhem and Insanity attack the citys that they are all able too bid on? Valhalla can defend stacks better than any other faction on the server, when they take the map they wont be able too loose it.
    If you didn't want Crystal runs, or an easy map grab, you shouldn't have rebuilt Zulu. Don't even TRY defending that it's not...anybody with brains can see you've got the majority of factors in your faction. Denying it would just further shrink my already dwindling respect for you.

Zulu had 200 active players, cata has about 70 members...and we are far from active. Most of them members of Catalyst have been together for months if not years, we learnt how too play the game and how too play it together better than any other group on this server. Yes every member of Cata is a factor, but there are like 60 of us in TW.
    I can at least respect Valhalla for giving other factions the opportunity to get land. I would rather see a "moderator" for TW than a dictator.

Dont be naive, if valhalla get the opportunity, they will take the whole map, the same way afterlife, mayhem, kylin, crimson, insanity and everyone else would. Im sure their will be some nobel reason why they do it in an attempt too make them look like the white knights, but they will, and with their 180 active members or whatever the rest of you wont be taking it back.

EDIT: The point in this thread was that for years now it has been the people who are in Catalyst now who have been making things happen on this server. They have been forming the guilds that change the map, making the factions they join stronger or weaker by leaving them.

The point is why is no one else doing anything? Why dont the non-RPK factions team up too fight the RPK factions? Why did mayhem spend months attacking Zulu after we took their land and now bent over backwards too Valhalla taking theirs? Why are some of the smaller factions not deciding too put asside their difererences and make 1 big faction, if Insanity, Mayhem and someone else where too form up under one banner you would have a real powerful faction....why is it always the same people? Like Curses said, you should be the Catalyst and start something!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hellz yeah! This server needs the CatalystJr !b:laugh

Elednor - it never worked too good before. There were some merge attempts (Takoda + Crimson, PengWINS + Kylin & etc.) but made no visible results other than they lowered the number of free spots in the factions' member list.

Some people wouldn't join because they don't get along with some of the members there; some people follow their friends into another guild; some refuse to leave; some quit; some go to be loners etc. etc.

Valhalla is actually one of those "merge" projects that worked best (so far). Merge - in view of different higher-leveled people that joined them with their mains, actually.

But give them some time to pick themselves up, dust themselves off and try all-over again (Diana Krall <3).

They lost the first few TWs. So what? Zulu was losing from Kingdom and Kylin at first; but got better in time. I don't believe Valhalla officers are that lazy to just wait for the next week's TWs without even thinking about: "what went wrong."

Let's see if they improved during the next week. b:pleased

I hope they will.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The Perfect World will end come 2012 anyways....

....oh not a new expansion, there are just so many much better games coming out b:chuckle

See you all in your new guild, hopefully we can have some wars b:mischievous

+2
    b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    +2
    b:avoid

^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5wBIPF8bGA (i just say) b:pleased
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2011

My laptop is currently fried (it died on Thursday and I missed TW and all) and this old computer lags with YouTube - I'll have to watch that next week b:cry
    At any rate, I knew no one would want to fight valhalla anyway...except for maybe kylin, because their core and I have talked about it before. I enjoy the discussion tho.
    Kylin's original core has long dissipated, as has the second generation core. Most pretty much left the game after it became clear that anni packs was here to stay and the game had become pay-to-win. Proof being that Kylin went openly RPK - none of the original core members ever endorsed RPKing. The Kylin today consists mainly of fourth generation players who joined post-reset, with all the old members either having quit or jumped ship to another guild with more cash shoppers.

On an unrelated side note, my experience with Valhalla has mostly been me logging in at West Gate, immediately get slaughtered by two or three Valhalla BMs/archers/sins, going back to town, returning to West Gate, killing one if I'm lucky, then get slaughtered even more as more Valhallas/9juns appear. I'm always white named too. I find it hard to believe that Valhalla's main interest lies more in healthy PvP competition than plain faceroll "winning".

Edit: Finally caught up in reading the past 10+ pages. Lossing in a 6 cata attack TW? You guys have probably been playing the game way longer than I have, but "TW experience"? lol...

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    GhostDuck - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    EDIT: The point in this thread was that for years now it has been the people who are in Catalyst now who have been making things happen on this server. They have been forming the guilds that change the map, making the factions they join stronger or weaker by leaving them.

The point is why is no one else doing anything? Why dont the non-RPK factions team up too fight the RPK factions? Why did mayhem spend months attacking Zulu after we took their land and now bent over backwards too Valhalla taking theirs? Why are some of the smaller factions not deciding too put asside their difererences and make 1 big faction, if Insanity, Mayhem and someone else where too form up under one banner you would have a real powerful faction....why is it always the same people? Like Curses said, you should be the Catalyst and start something!

Because there is no point. There is no incentive, and while some people care if the map is all one color, the majority really don't. This is an instanced game now so no one really cares who has what land. If Cata or Valhala or new guild XYZ takes the map, all it is a bunch of players with already insane gear getting more money to spend to make their weap +12 from +11, or their +10 r8 to +10 r9.

Meanwhile, the smaller guilds/non rpk or whatever that even means now days since there is no pk, spend a week farming herbs, farming coins to buy charms etc, organizing however they can, only to get rolled anyway. If you do miraculously win a few lands, well guess what? The reward you get from it only means your cost was cut in half, however you still lose money, and spent a week getting all worked up for a colored square on a map.

Most rather spend time in a guild with people they like, farm some gears and just have fun whereever they can since there really isn't much left in this game. You want people to bid on you? Take your whole guild and camp at the entrance to FC. Do not let anyone leave town alive. Do it for a week straight. Guilds will team up and certainly try to make a fight out of it going down the road. However, 80% of the people are also babies and will complain till you get banned for it or it is made a safezone.

Someone has to play the role of bad guys even if they are all real great people. I have been in the bad guy guilds most my 4 years on pw up till now, and the only way to get people to have fun with pvp/tw is to make them hate you. It's really sad but it is also true. People have no idea how to play "just for fun" So it takes 200 people ganking them to the brink of RageQuiting to actually get them to do it

For those of you who say otherwise, that's why we have PvE servers. Don't say you came here for fair PvP, there is no such thing, it is actually more fair on PvE servers since if you are white you are expecting to go PvP like other like minded people. No, the PvP server is for Ganks, its for competition, it's to keep other players down while you yourself and friends get stronger, it is for killing whomever you want, no matter the level, whenever you want, and if thats not your bag, don't condemn others for it being their choice to do so
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Dont be naive, if valhalla get the opportunity, they will take the whole map, the same way afterlife, mayhem, kylin, crimson, insanity and everyone else would. Im sure their will be some nobel reason why they do it in an attempt too make them look like the white knights, but they will, and with their 180 active members or whatever the rest of you wont be taking it back.

+1 again.

Because there is no point. There is no incentive, and while some people care if the map is all one color, the majority really don't. This is an instanced game now so no one really cares who has what land. If Cata or Valhalla or new guild XYZ takes the map, all it is a bunch of players with already insane gear getting more money to spend to make their weap +12 from +11, or their +10 r8 to +10 r9.

Meanwhile, the smaller guilds/non rpk or whatever that even means now days since there is no pk, spend a week farming herbs, farming coins to buy charms etc, organizing however they can, only to get rolled anyway. If you do miraculously win a few lands, well guess what? The reward you get from it only means your cost was cut in half, however you still lose money, and spent a week getting all worked up for a colored square on a map.

Most rather spend time in a guild with people they like
    , farm some gears and just have fun whereever they can since there really isn't much left in this game. You want people to bid on you? Take your whole guild and camp at the entrance to FC. Do not let anyone leave town alive. Do it for a week straight. Guilds will team up and certainly try to make a fight out of it going down the road. However, 80% of the people are also babies and will complain till you get banned for it or it is made a safezone.

For those of you who say otherwise, that's why we have PvE servers. Don't say you came here for fair PvP, there is no such thing, it is actually more fair on PvE servers since if you are white you are expecting to go PvP like other like minded people. No, the PvP server is for Ganks, its for competition, it's to keep other players down while you yourself and friends get stronger, it is for killing whomever you want, no matter the level, whenever you want, and if thats not your bag, don't condemn others for it being their choice to do so.

+1

I liek yellur.

But yea..basically that's what's up. At this point in time, are we just running around in circles on this discussion?
  • Hipotacros - Harshlands
    Hipotacros - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Because there is no point. There is no incentive, and while some people care if the map is all one color, the majority really don't. This is an instanced game now so no one really cares who has what land. If Cata or Valhala or new guild XYZ takes the map, all it is a bunch of players with already insane gear getting more money to spend to make their weap +12 from +11, or their +10 r8 to +10 r9.

Most rather spend time in a guild with people they like, farm some gears and just have fun whereever they can since there really isn't much left in this game. You want people to bid on you? Take your whole guild and camp at the entrance to FC. Do not let anyone leave town alive. Do it for a week straight. Guilds will team up and certainly try to make a fight out of it going down the road. However, 80% of the people are also babies and will complain till you get banned for it or it is made a safezone.

Someone has to play the role of bad guys even if they are all real great people. I have been in the bad guy guilds most my 4 years on pw up till now, and the only way to get people to have fun with pvp/tw is to make them hate you. It's really sad but it is also true. People have no idea how to play "just for fun" So it takes 200 people ganking them to the brink of RageQuiting to actually get them to do it

For those of you who say otherwise, that's why we have PvE servers. Don't say you came here for fair PvP, there is no such thing, it is actually more fair on PvE servers since if you are white you are expecting to go PvP like other like minded people. No, the PvP server is for Ganks, its for competition, it's to keep other players down while you yourself and friends get stronger, it is for killing whomever you want, no matter the level, whenever you want, and if thats not your bag, don't condemn others for it being their choice to do so

Yeah, you speak the truth.
    If all decent guilds decide to merge, drama on this newly merged guild, conflict of personalities, ego from more "experienced players" to go agaisnt any order to cooperate, etc, would destroy that merged guild.
    I noticed that there are a lot of really old players still playing, people that are playing for at least 2+ years, yet they have no idea what "team-work" means. They were so focused on developing individually, but never looked at one of the most important aspects of TW, team-work. This **** isnt even hard, wtf! I mean, if you are playing for at least 1+ year of TWs, you must know wtf team-work means. You must know how to position yourself on the field. You must know the priority targets for the respective occasions and class. But alot of OP people neglect that and act by impulse, and then blame their leaders for bad tactics.

There is just so many childish op players around the factions that would instantaneously bring bad "air" if factions were to merge. Lately I have been stalking west gate and what happens there sometimes is just sad. There is just too many OP people that want to preserve their ego by avoiding fighting another OP people. Players nowadays are afraid of competition (there are exceptions obviously, you know who you are). imo ijs cool?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I can at least respect Valhalla for wanting a map run that gives other factions a chance. When Valhalla gets wiped off the map, who is gonna have the power to stand up to Catalyst?
    But that's the whole point, isn't it? Nobody will.

Umm...you're kinda intense and dramatic. There is probably no point in saying anything to you..but... who's gonna stand up to 60 catalyst....how about the entire server...those 4 or 5 guilds that can put 80 people in a tw. 240 people vs 60....I bet someone gets a land. Take a breath, damn, the pixel world isnt coming to an end because we won 2 wars. Excuses and crying isn't going to help you as much as you think so i'd spend your time doing something more productive.

All you haters need to breathe and come take out ur anger on some blocks in minecraft!!
  • zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I don't know if there's anything at all I can add to this. I wish a faction of complete sadists would move to this server and grief all of these bleeding hearts until they get out and never return and let the fun just take over the server like a tide of goodness washing over it. Only problem with that would be assassins.
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    When i said make a diference i didnt just mean in TW, or the change doesnt have too start there. Ok heres a example:

Currently 1 squad is controlling worldbosses this squad is made up of people with rank 9 and OP gear already (OpSy, Nyxyo etc) now a faction such a mayhem could get alot out of killing WB's, G9 shards for their members gears, Chorono pages too use or sell too profit their guild and re-invest in the members. Why dont they say after the next reset they are going too control the world bosses? This would help them improve their members gears by a large ammount and they are more than able too do it. After doing this they could be even more of a factor in TW and be able too perhaps push into afterlifes land or try too take back the city Valhalla took from them. Or even just be able too farm nirvana more efficiantly because they have less deaths because they are all well sharded.

I kidna agree that merges dont always work well, actualy mainly fail so il rephrase. Why dont a few smaller guilds team up too take a section of the map? And anyone who attacks any of them they will all stack on the next week, or camp their members trying too FC or something.

@GhostDuck

I know what you mean, when i very first started playing PW like 4+ years ago it was as if TW was in a totaly different game. It had no effect on me at all untill i came to PWI when it launched. But all i see on these forums are people moaning about the map being one colour and stuff, but moaning doesnt change anything, all this PR about being the good guys or the bad guys is meaningless if people dont actualy do anything too change it.

I think next week one of the smaller factions should say right, this week we will kill every world boss every day and use the drops too fund our members gears. Or if they dont want too do something in the open world they could have a week of farming nirvana for the guild and use all the drops too start too build some good offence barbs and clerics for TW.

The server actualy has enough people on it in good gear too make more than 2 good guilds, this is the first time its been like that since the first few months of this server. But there all scattered about or in pointless alliances that dont actualy make any diference. Team up with other factions and make a name for yourselves!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Currently 1 squad is controlling worldbosses this squad is made up of people with rank 9 and OP gear already (OpSy, Nyxyo etc)

3 ppl farming all world bosses atm: OpSy (BM), Nyxyo (SIN) and nevenann (EP). They are pretty organized (know when to pay a visit; how to do it; where to lure & etc).

Honestly - there are still only quite a few factions capable of taking down i.e. Harpy Wraith successfully, but the gentlemen above get it done in approx 2-5 mins max (with 3 ppl).

Nowadays - farming world bosses with more than a squad doesn't really pay off cuz the drops are most usually ****, and if your lucky enough to get a perfect shard - it's usually a fail one. So unless you can really grind WBs - better give up and do something more useful (HH, nirvana & etc.).

[ijs]
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    3 ppl farming all world bosses atm: OpSy (BM), Nyxyo (SIN) and nevenann (EP). They are pretty organized (know when to pay a visit; how to do it; where to lure & etc).

Honestly - there are still only quite a few factions capable of taking down i.e. Harpy Wraith successfully, but the gentlemen above get it done in approx 2-5 mins max (with 3 ppl).

Nowadays - farming world bosses with more than a squad doesn't really pay off cuz the drops are most usually ****, and if your lucky enough to get a perfect shard - it's usually a fail one. So unless you can really grind WBs - better give up and do something more useful (HH, nirvana & etc.).

[ijs]

And this "its not worth it" attitude is why history is doomed too repeat itself, here endith the lesson.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    is not so easy guys come on... need be 3-4 OP ppl...need kill most of boss to make your time worth ...and have to fight sometimes for days for some bosses with ppl who want a share...not gonna put names but they were a lot of them and ..well... was fun lol...we won in the end everytime .. also be there every day same hour for 4-6 hours is not easy also...

at the moment i am out of world boss hunt but don't go blame me for anything...aren't as many ways to make cash in game...that was one of them...because contrary popular believe i farmed my gear and i don't cash opb:cute
    edited May 2011
    is not so easy guys come on... need be 3-4 OP ppl...need kill most of boss to make your time worth ...and have to fight sometimes for days for some bosses with ppl who want a share...

^

btw, Nyxyo - farming herbs is also a good way to make coins. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUMEb5lNIU b:chuckle
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Not everytime :P me **** micheal and curso took eyes from you guys couple months ago before i went on a month long afk xD

It was just one suggestion, it would take one fairly avg squad with a couple 5aps like 10 mins too kill a boss, if a small faction made like 4 squads too kill WB's and gave them each 3 too kill they could do 12 WB's in 30 mins, 40 maybe with travel. Because they where hitting them all at once it would be pretty hard for someone too take more than a couple off them.

Profit wise i found it was about a 33% chance of getting a good shard (one worth like 3.5mil) or getting a chrono. That would make doing 12 WB's worth about 22mil+ a day + other drops. So in a week that 162million, so if a small faction such as Mayhem or anyone really was too do this they could invest that money into gold and be able too buy 6-8 10* Dorbs (depending on what price they brought the gold) at the next sale for each week that they killed the world bosses. So after a month of doing that they could really make a diference on their members gears, for example gearing up their cata barbs and clerics too give themselves a more effective attack.

Ofc it doesnt have too be world bosses, its one suggestion....just all these bleeding hearts moaning and valhalla trying too look like some kinda holyer than thou priests in this PR game cos they just realised there not as good as their egos where telling them is getting annoying. I want too see some smaller guild/s stand up and basicly say **** you Catalyst! **** you Valhalla! This time we will take the map....and actualy do something about it rather than just moaning about it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I dont know why people say im so good at PR and i should have been a politician. I think its pretty clear i dont give a dead mooses last dump about the server and I dont make any effort to make buddies or give reach arounds to anyone who's not in my guild. Elednor can be PR officer. He's got the right idea. Instead of people spamming forums crying about our r9's or whether we had 12 less or 20 less people than valhalla they should be in game trying to do something about it. It's all these cry babies we'd never invite to our guild because all they do is cry while our guild runs smoothly with 0 drama.

http://catalyst.forumotions.com/

0 drama, friendly faces...apply today b:victory
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Elednor can be PR officer.

Shotgun Marshal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Server is too emo to do that guys, you overestimated Valhalla, ur overestimating the server.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    farm herb is my thing:D also i bet chese took lot of fails until he pooled that out but he did it and is very very impresiveb:chuckle

also this very funny topic cause :

-valhala gonna take all map and kill twb:shocked....lets gang them!

few days later:

-hmm actually catalyst is stronger so we gonna take map and kill tw...because blahblablah

wonder what was word to describe this change of heart?b:chuckle..go see webster u can see near that word the simbol of zulu :D
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    wonder what was word to describe this change of heart?

Maybe he used and ironguard powder and suddenly felt more confident.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited May 2011
    farm herb is my thing:D also i bet chese took lot of fails until he pooled that out but he did it and is very very impresiveb:chuckle

maybe, but he's a freak regarding difficult bosses. You should check his other vids (soloing 2-3 Ancient Evil, or 3-3 with his archer, not even fully buffed) ... b:victory
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited May 2011

also this very funny topic cause :

-valhala gonna take all map and kill twb:shocked....lets gang them!

few days later:

-hmm actually catalyst is stronger so we gonna take map and kill tw...because blahblablah

wonder what was word to describe this change of heart?b:chuckle..go see webster u can see near that word the simbol of zulu :D

Why are you farming herb? You promised to buy all my iG's @ 60k each :<.
  • Choclatechip - Harshlands
    Choclatechip - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    S-H-I-T BLOWN brah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I remember a certain faction named Kingdom, and a certain forum troll named Taboo, who kept posting on forums about how people should band together if they really wanted to stop Kingdom from taking over the map. Basically his idea was that it wasn't Kingdom's fault that they were so strong and powerful, it was the rest of the server's fault that they couldnt band together to "save" the server.

Is the same thing happening now, only with different names, different people? I feel a little deja'vu, so yes in a way history is repeating itself.

But then again Kingdom is now long dead and gone. The only words slipping from people's tongues now is "Zulu". Who knows what will happen in the next few months? At times Kingdom seemed unbeatable. Crimson, and then QQme also did too. Bloodcult even once seemed to be the next "big" faction. Whatever. Something will happen to change it all up again, and then people will post a new thread complaining about that, too :)

And so goes life in Harshlands server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I remember a certain faction named Kingdom, and a certain forum troll named Taboo, who kept posting on forums about how people should band together if they really wanted to stop Kingdom from taking over the map. Basically his idea was that it wasn't Kingdom's fault that they were so strong and powerful, it was the rest of the server's fault that they couldnt band together to "save" the server.

Is the same thing happening now, only with different names, different people? I feel a little deja'vu, so yes in a way history is repeating itself.

But then again Kingdom is now long dead and gone. The only words slipping from people's tongues now is "Zulu". Who knows what will happen in the next few months? At times Kingdom seemed unbeatable. Crimson, and then QQme also did too. Bloodcult even once seemed to be the next "big" faction. Whatever. Something will happen to change it all up again, and then people will post a new thread complaining about that, too :)

And so goes life in Harshlands server.

Was pretty well said.

Rollercoasters may differ, But the're always fun. b:victory
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Bet Curses is embarrassed for making this thread now b:avoid.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I bet valalalalala is more embarrassed.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My mind had a fail.

LOL sorry to whoever read that before I was able to fix it.

Luuulz.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sacrament is the next real thing !!!