History doomed to repeat itself?

Curses - Harshlands
Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
So..anyone wanna stack Valala with us? or are we gonna let them take the map for free and let them pretend like they accomplished something. It took the server well over 6 months to realize that if they stacked Zulu they stood a chance. Are we gonna wait 'til valalala has the whole map...or maybe someone should be the catalyst and we can stand up to them now.

Feels like everyone is waiting for our guild to do something before they even consider making a move. I think our guild will give them a decent fight, maybe even win. So they probably wont be able to defend 2-3 wars at once.

Any thoughts, questions or concerns about this idea?

or

PM me or in game to discuss TW alliances :D.
Post edited by Curses - Harshlands on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No one has the balls to do it, unfortunately.

That being said, please prove me wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    lol its 100% up to the server. They all waiting around for us to do it. Crimson has no ballz and just waits for something to happen to them. Idk what afterlife is doing...or what afterlife even is... Kylin might stack with us. Mayhem is the same as crimson. Stalkers is off the map now..so idk what they are doing. Insanity might stack with us given the proper map positioning. But if some of the medium sized guilds wanna grow a pair and actually have an impact on the game....maybbebeee we can make something happen b:victory

I dunno, im bored, im ready to draw the line in the sand, and see guild leaders have some confidence in their members. Green text is fun to see in chat, but if ur making alliances and not doing anything with them, whats the point? commmmmonnnn lets do something, im boreddddd.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    CrimsonJr should stack them hehe

b:cool
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Buy me 9jun and I'll stack with a one-person faction. b:chuckle

While Catalyst may be lacking active numbers at the moment, from what I've seen, most Valhalla members know little to none when it comes to mass PvP. Which ends up being the more important factor, I'm curious to find out.

Server needs another MafiaPT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HazZzarD - Harshlands
    HazZzarD - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    "My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack. If it is a vessel equal to yours, attack. And if it is stronger than yours, also attack."

Stepan O. Makarov, Russian Admiral
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Kylin would rather stack TWs with Valhalla against Catalyst; some other factions, too.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Only problem with stacking with the TW system the way it is, it gives the strongest attacking guild the clear advantage. If 2 weak guilds stacked Valhalla and then the strong guild also attacks, the strong guild gets a crystal walk, and the 2 weak guilds get annihilated. Of course it would be different depending on guild strength, but the weaker guilds are usually the ones who have to penetrate the entire defense. And then the strong guild ends up gaining land every week and becomes the next superpower.

Politics and self-interest mess everything up b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    k, nvm we let them take the map then.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ya no soup for u this time, back to spending real moneysb:cute
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Kylin would rather stack TWs with Valhalla against Catalyst; some other factions, too.

And you say this because?
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ya no soup for u this time, back to spending real moneysb:cute

Some people really are stupid..............
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Only problem with stacking with the TW system the way it is, it gives the strongest attacking guild the clear advantage. If 2 weak guilds stacked Valhalla and then the strong guild also attacks, the strong guild gets a crystal walk, and the 2 weak guilds get annihilated. Of course it would be different depending on guild strength, but the weaker guilds are usually the ones who have to penetrate the entire defense. And then the strong guild ends up gaining land every week and becomes the next superpower.

Politics and self-interest mess everything up b:cry
    That's not how the system was supposed to work though. Sadly, because the devs refuse to do their job, factions that stand absolutely no chance against the faction they're bidding on still get a chance and stack. When TW rules changed, devs brought this in mind and said some herpderp about factions doing this will be banned and what not. Of course, another lie by them, but that's nothing new nowadays ;D
    Honestly, only reason factions aren't attacking them is cuz the theory I believe Urdian? gave on these forums about letting the "smaller" factions keep their land, and Val's intention wasn't to own the map. Sounds like complete b.s. but hence why no factions are attacking. They'd rather keep their 10m a week then be rickrolled by a bunch of r9's.
    Kylin hasn't TW'd in ages, and I don't see them TWing anytime soon tbh. Dunno about Crimson, but they're probably avoiding Val as long as possible like every other faction on the server. Insanity has stronger players, but not nearly enough I don't think... Then again, Valhalla isn't experienced with TW so we'll see how they hold up.
    In the end, I'm just looking forward to awesome TWs again.
    Now someone buy me r9. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Now someone buy me r9. b:sad

9jun for venos is pretty much a waste of money. TW-wise, server lacks proper BM stun teams and support clerics. Might end up lvling up my cleric alt during the summer b:chuckle

The main reason I can't imagine Valhalla winning against Catalyst is that most of their clerics will probably be spending most of their time trying to throw in a Tempest here or there instead of keeping their teammates alive. But of course, if the number+gear difference is too big, Valhalla will be able to afford such.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I don't see them nearly as big of a threat as Zulu really. The core of Valhalla is really inexperienced at TW. Cash can only carry you so far in a TW. Given that they do have a portion of the players that left Kylin (then Crimson) with TW experience, doubt those are calling the shot.

Kylin hasn't TW'd in ages, and I don't see them TWing anytime soon tbh.
    If by ages you mean the 3 weeks that we got out bidded then yeah >_>.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So..anyone wanna stack Valala with us? .

You better watch out you mother%@#*ing communist scum, cause CrimsonJr is coming for your ***.

Also, Valhalla will lose because they're not as organized, fall apart out of frustration (and because of their weird-as-hell guild base salary rule), and Kylin, Mayhem and Insanity will totally realize that they could each bid on a god damn city and there's no way in hell Val could defend all three. Ijs.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    CrimsonJr should stack them hehe

b:cool
    Damn straight!

Drali can ninja purge those mofos....like a boss. b:cool
    Hell knows we won't be able to depend on Riga to help stack wars with them...he'll be too busy beating up kittens or babies or something. >.>

Like Oke said...Valhalla only has the money, not so much the experience. It's true they're a threat (they did take Kylin, but I think that's because they didn't show?) There are a few Crimsons and Kylins who left for Valhalla....but not really enough to make a difference.

Catalyst on the other hand.......

So who wants to stack wars!? b:chuckle
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Damn straight!

Drali can ninja purge those mofos....like a boss. b:cool

The problem is that I don't think Catalyst is filled with flippin idiots, so we can't rely on them to all melee the **** out of Drali when he Bramble Guards, like he did in Overdose's war.

Drali solo'ed that war like a boss.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    (they did take Kylin, but I think that's because they didn't show?)

Kylin showed. For all of the wars up until I left, the opposing guild did show, but...it's not like they could do that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Kylin showed. For all of the wars up until I left, the opposing guild did show, but...it's not like they could do that much.

Yeah we had about 50 at most, and Dian and Wytche count as like 10 people each. Kylin's still slowly rebuilding.
    edited May 2011
    And you say this because?

IMO.

Curses is afraid that the "history might repeat" - but was not afraid of it while he was in Zulu - creating that history with his guildies.

They didn't hesitate to take the last territory owned by Kylin. I don't blame them (game, fun, winning & losing, all good).

But now they ask Kylin to help them stay on the map. Now that's the irony. b:chuckle

But anyhow - I say this because Valhalla has more ex-Kylin people than Catalyst. Also - Valhalla got some Kylin alts/mains.

Also, I do believe urDian when he says that they won't take the whole map - thus letting the lowbie/mid sized factions enjoy TWing on Harshlands as anyone else. I respect that, so I believe Harshlanders should not be afraid of Valhalla taking the whole map.

Instead - if Catalyst chews up the AfterLife, CrimsonJr & similar - they won't hesitate to take the whole map, and repeat the history.

So, yeah ... who should be stopped, really ?
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    IMO.

Curses is afraid that the "history might repeat" - but was not afraid of it while he was in Zulu - creating that history with his guildies.

They didn't hesitate to take the last territory owned by Kylin. I don't blame them (game, fun, winning & losing, all good).

But now they ask Kylin to help them stay on the map. Now that's the irony. b:chuckle

But anyhow - I say this because Valhalla has more ex-Kylin people than Catalyst. Also - Valhalla got some Kylin alts/mains.

Also, I do believe urDian when he says that they won't take the whole map - thus letting the lowbie/mid sized factions enjoy TWing on Harshlands as anyone else. I respect that, so I believe Harshlanders should not be afraid of Valhalla taking the whole map.

Instead - if Catalyst chews up the AfterLife, CrimsonJr & similar - they won't hesitate to take the whole map, and repeat the history.

So, yeah ... who should be stopped, really ?

You're missing the ****ing point moron.

The problem while we were in Zulu was that no one attacked us until the last couple weeks when the map was going to reset. Were we able to handle that many stacks? Sometimes we were. We definitely weren't able to defend against 3 guilds; 1 that is a stackhouse, while the other two are shet but are still capable of pulling 80 together. Valhalla can pretty much take every single piece of land, but leave a few out there. Thats great. Everybody gets to fight over little pockets of land around the map. How about instead, people grow a pair, and actually utilize the ability to get stack wars on any faction whether it be Catalyst or Valhalla. That is probably the only way that TW will be enjoyable.
    edited May 2011
    You're missing the ****ing point moron.

LOL @ Okopogo calling someone a moron. b:laugh
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    LOL @ Okopogo calling someone a moron. b:laugh
    LOL @ you actually replying to a thread you actually made a fail post in.

Got anything else productive to post here?
    edited May 2011
    Oko, don't turn this thread into a flame.

I won't lose time arguing with you, but there's one thing you need to understand: hate towards Catalyst (ex-Zulu).

Some Kylins, (now Valhalla/Kylins) would never ever help you stay on the map. So it's not about growing a pair, nor utilizing the ability & what not ...
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Oko, don't turn this thread into a flame.

I won't lose time arguing with you, but there's one thing you need to understand: hate towards Catalyst (ex-Zulu).

Some Kylins, (now Valhalla/Kylins) would never ever help you stay on the map. So it's not about growing a pair, nor utilizing the ability & what not ...

I swear, I just had a brain vessel burst after reading this.

Highlighted point #2: What does this have to do with any hate towards Catalyst? This is about the TW map. And how when it comes down to the few factions owning the map, nobody ever bids.

Highlighted point #3: Where in this post did we ever ask for people to attack Valhalla for the sake of Catalyst being able to control the map? Have you not been paying attention at all. I cannot recall a single guild that has bid on either Catalyst or on Valhalla so far. What Curses is trying to say is that maybe if guilds were to use the ability of being able to bid on whatever faction they want, even if they are a lowbie guild; that they still might be able to get a good stack in a week with hopes of actually getting a land. Nobody ever said that we wanted an exclusive right not to be bid on, and that we, the almighty gods of PWI deserve to coat the map in our greyish tint.

Highlighted point #1 I saved this one for last because, maybe if your IDIOCY did not just so happen to make the most ridiculous assumption, I would not have to turn this into a flame war between me and you. Well mostly me just flaming you, but you dont really seem to be taking it well considering you are still here.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    How about instead, people grow a pair, and actually utilize the ability to get stack wars on any faction whether it be Catalyst or Valhalla.

It's all about money, fun, and politics.

People don't attack Valhalla because there's no good promise of profit.
    Mayhem, Insanity and Kylin haven't coordinated to attack three Val cities in the same week because that would probably lead to a wasted bid for two of them and a very boring crystal sprint for the third.
    People don't bid on Valhalla because they don't want to become enemies with Valhalla, or any other guild for that matter.

And that's the problem and that's why history repeats itself: because in the end, bidding on a powerful faction offers little profit, rarely offers any fun and could be a pain in the *** in for your guild in the future. Constant stacks are also unlikely to discourage a faction from existing too, as that faction will STILL be winning the majority of the wars, even if they're losing land. They'll still be quite aware of how powerful and promising they are and thus their members won't go anywhere.
    And when a guild IS losing? Yeah, people jump ship like mad.

Personally though, I have to give Valhalla credit on how neutral their TW plan is. They just go for cities and that's that. Everyone else so far either seems to be playing politics or has only been sweeping up scrub guilds, so it's not clear what their plan is. If everyone's TW plan was so neutral and just disregarded WHO was being attacked and focused on WHERE was being attacked, TW would be a lot more interesting. Not gonna happen though, lulz.

Kinda sad though, cause in the end, the overall goal (for everyone) is fun. It'd be fun if the most powerful guilds dissolved and formed purposefully weaker guilds to make the fights more interesting, but yeah, somehow I doubt that the guilds that are receiving 100mil a week are in any hurry to disband.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited May 2011
    Wow, Oko, I always thought your NOT the brightest person I had the pleasure to NEVER meet - but I was so wrong ...

I say: "IMO" and express some personal viewpoints; you instantly reply with calling me a "moron".

Debating with you would be like playing a chess with a pigeon who knocks the figures off and takes a **** on the board.

So I give up explaining, because you don't seem capable to understand. b:bye
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I think you're mad.

Expect a harsh reply when you post a stupid opinion, based on absolutely nothing.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you stop to gank us with Valhalla, maybe we would help you. ijs :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Fragil - Harshlands
    Fragil - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You are all idiots.

Do you even know the LIMIT of wars that can be even close to each other?

You will be REALLY lucky if 3 wars are close , and EXTREMELY(!) lucky if those 3 end up being people like... hm... Let's say Catalyst, Mayhem... AfterLife?

80 people might be the limit to one TW, but in a guild with 190 VERY active people, it will be very easy to deal with 3 wars.

It is not Valhalla plans to conquer all map, and hopefully with time you will see that.
    Perhaps you should worry more about those ex Zulus who are asking for your help defeating the "bad guy". Who would keep the lands after? Ever thought that far? I doubt Catalyst would give land to anyone who helped them.

PS - Oko the core of Valhalla was doing TW before you even dreamt of PW.