TW Archive and Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    armani again no one here is saying anything about kylins dmg i said it was odd i got one shot for 6 k not through any fault of who hit me nothing more why do you guys keep going back to this but have nothing to say about what curses said or what ya all did
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • rzodkiewka
    rzodkiewka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    one thing comes to mind after reading all that...
    http://xkcd.com/386/
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If Kylin is such a nub faction and Afterlife lost to this nub faction what does make Afterlife? Garbage?

If Kylin is such a nub faction was it necessary to conspire with other guilds like Crimson to triple bid and even fake bid on Kylin?

Sorry, thought if I posted this way you'd be able to understand easier as you seem to be having difficulty comprehending complex sentence structures and rhetorical prose.
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    armani again no one here is saying anything about kylins dmg i said it was odd i got one shot for 6 k not through any fault of who hit me nothing more why do you guys keep going back to this but have nothing to say about what curses said or what ya all did

Dude u got pwnt get over it.
  • VicariousKat - Harshlands
    VicariousKat - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    so every last one of you is at least incapable of reading not to say my lack of grammer isnt helping i once and for all have said nothing of kylin even being capable let alone actually doing anything to alter damage but i guess simpletons will be simpletons and this is like the second time you guys keep trying to bring it back to some dmg mod i made commet indeed to altheas silly lil post but you guys seem to miss the jist of what actually is being said

so here it is you guys clearly and by your own admittance have allowed other players to use your chars not all of you kylins but definitly some tickets are in already just waiting to see if it all flys

We can read fine, its just that all of our eyes are crossing trying to decipher what the **** you are saying since you refuse to use punctuation. You dont have to get fancy, periods are fine.
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well cimon you were the one talking about dmge hacks nothing personal btw.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    K I have a new rule about complaining about TW.

Next time I see a BM with physical marrow on, I'm taking a picture of it. Next time that BM's guild loses and someone from the guild proceeds to claim that the winners had pr0 gear, used hacks, pulled a bunch of alts out their butt, fake bidded or whatever, I'm just gonna post that picture of the BM with physical marrow over and over and over in response to every accusation made.

In short, no complaining about losing if you have BMs with physical marrow on.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • djtoratoratora
    djtoratoratora Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dr.House,is this Lupus?no it's Butt-Hurt.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lollllllllllllllllllllll
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    HOLY SHT. I go to sleep, wake up and this thread gained 7 pages. Can't any faction on this server take a lost and live with it without having to QQ on the forum? Seriously, grow up.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    HOLY SHT. I go to sleep, wake up and this thread gained 7 pages. Can't any faction on this server take a lost and live with it without having to QQ on the forum? Seriously, grow up.

I don't think Evoke QQed.

Which is pretty nice of them considering I got a hold of their vent info and told all of CrimsonJr to flood their vent during the war, lolololololol.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh wait, I found a picture that basically says "this is why you lost" to the same effect of a picture of a BM with physical marrow.

First person to spot the problem wins a Longknife gift basket in their mailbox: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/mr.people/2011-06-1302-22-05.jpg
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

Which is pretty nice of them considering I got a hold of their vent info and told all of CrimsonJr to flood their vent during the war, lolololololol.
    Oh wait, I found a picture that basically says "this is why you lost" to the same effect of a picture of a BM with physical marrow.

First person to spot the problem wins a Longknife gift basket in their mailbox: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/mr.people/2011-06-1302-22-05.jpg

What's the problem here boss?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lmao, binding turret in base.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Lmfao! Keep them in the base!
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wtf u jews I wanted longknife to give a speach on what was the prob !
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

You win da gift basket.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ChuckyNorris - Harshlands
    ChuckyNorris - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

That's because all the Evoke QQers left to Valhalla before that. b:chuckle

As per Vent - no damage done, cuz you could only mingle with the public channel with no Evokers there, but you made Evokers quite surprised nevertheless. b:chuckle
  • anhkrah
    anhkrah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i have to say that other than the stupid lag i experienced on sunday's tw against Kylin, i consider that it was a fair and square win, and gz to kylin.

i enjoyed alot the saturday tw, it was fun. i can understand the coments from some kylin members saying that they did not do as usual, and that they consider it a bad tw for them.

its a fact that they have a better coordination and i saw kylin twing in their usual way, even if not that efective. So nothing to say there

on sunday kylin did a much better job and had a faster result. Again same strategy only better tuned.

for my part it helped me see some weaknesses and points that need to be adressed in the future.

i believe future tws will be better and more chalenging. and i have to say i would have liked to continue fighting kylin, because i think tws like this could be very interesting.

in terms of map strategy kylin did the best move they could do to prevent stackings against them, their strategy was sucessfull so gz to their leaders.

i dont wish to take part in any conspiracy theories, regarding why we lost and why kylin won. to me they won because they had a better coordination and made a better use of their squads in a combined tw atrategy.

In conclusion all i have to say is GZ kylin, ty for the fun and the points we learned from twing with u guys. Hope to do it again in the near future.
  • Venushin - Harshlands
    Venushin - Harshlands Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

I found another problem there... They didn't kill you

Now I want a prize too :3
    "He who laughs last... is lagged!"
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    anhkrah wrote: »
    i dont wish to take part in any conspiracy theories, regarding why we lost and why kylin won. to me they won because they had a better coordination and made a better use of their squads in a combined tw atrategy.

I think a large part of it is your guild make-up. It's 90% sins. While those are annoying as *** for clerics...that's about the extent of their usefulness.

apparently f c k is now censored, lol
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This thread just exploded. Whoa.

But it seems I predicted right on how the conversation would go. Win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think a large part of it is your guild make-up. It's 90% sins. While those are annoying as *** for clerics...that's about the extent of their usefulness.

apparently f c k is now censored, lol

Yeah, I was gonna say that ironically, those binding towers had me nervous as balls. I like to be mobile whenever there's sins in the area, and AfterLife has waaaaay too many sins for TW. In that pic I'm actually casting Psy will to both protect me from sins and to purify the immobilize off so I could get away from the damn thing.

Also, props to the mods of this forum. Seriously, I think it's stupid to censor bad language and variations of it, personally, but by god, those guys censor every god damn variation they run across. They're dedicated, I'll give them that.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • chanwk
    chanwk Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *Eating Pop Corn*

Velkran.
  • Darkfog - Harshlands
    Darkfog - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idk y its such a big deal, u lost a war get over it, kylin has lost and won many wars we dont word chat we dont ake spam threads of OMG HACKER!" u just move on with life... or what ever u have thats close to life this is my 2nd post on this thread... im such an attention seeker
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Any and all calculations are done server side. . . not client side. As such, its impossible to affect any kind of "damage ****." Stop and consider for a moment. If something such as this were possible, do you not also think that a "hp" or "defense" **** would be possible as well? The possibilities are limitless. Its just not possible without being able to edit the server itself.

Now, what does happen, usually when they fail to restart the server, is things start to lag. Calcuations start getting slower. Natural ping latencies between computers and servers complicate things further. If a player hasnt loaded for you yet, you wont see any damage coming from him as your client doesnt know to record it (This is also why sin stealth doesnt load.) Its a problem with the incongruency between clientside notification and serverside damage. The server thinks, knows, calculates, that you're taking damage and dead. The client, however, will not report it as it doesnt know to do so.

So, push aside the hacking accusations, they're completley unfounded. I watched the AL v Kylin war via livestream and listened in vent and it was hilarious. There was a constant chrous of "LOL BM with P.marrow!" or "AA for sin" so often I assume they werent using stealth. I even noticed groups of DDs pushing down the middle of lanes (and dieing in groups to a single archer barraging). I noticed a certain BM every time someone targeted him was ... flying? AL members would push out and stand in the entrance way (while still sealed after dieing) to the base while Kylin was zhenning on the towers. EPs that try to metal mage. I think somoene told me every time AL was in Kylins base they were there without any support so.. if thats true its no surprise they'd get wiped pretty quickly.

I understand that there's faults on both sides, but its pretty sad that this degraded into a "LoL uR HaXXoR" and "I CrAI n RPoRT YEW" so quickly, rather than analyzing the obvious. Ignoring all the obvious playstyle and organiztional problems, Kylin has a lot more experience and (across the board) better gear than Afterlife. It doesnt matter how many r9 sins you have, they're worthless if everyone has bramble in TW. Im fairly certain Kylin archers outclass Afterlife by a long, long shot.. and the sad fact is, archers win pushes.

I sincerly hope that Afterlife isnt wholly represented by the temper tantrum crybaby antics we've seen in this thread. I have a handful of friends in there, and a handful of people Ive known quite a while, and cant believe they're prone to the diaper-filling temper tantrums that have been shown here.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

I sincerly hope that Afterlife isnt wholly represented by the temper tantrum crybaby antics we've seen in this thread. I have a handful of friends in there, and a handful of people Ive known quite a while, and cant believe they're prone to the diaper-filling temper tantrums that have been shown here.

Of course not. That was just Cimon and that one guy that implied we did something really underhanded and then never bothered to justify that point.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think people are blinded by the fact that Riga has very good gears and think all of Afterlife has equal gears to those. Fact is, our wizards and archers don't even have the HP to stand up to a +5 R8 long enough to get out of stunning arrow. Hell, they can't even play an 80 vs 80 TW cause their processor is so bad it locks up if more than 20 people are on the screen @ the same time. Until the recent kick almost half of our guild was under 100.

Besides Prix and letsdance, none of our DD's can compare to archers like Thailer and Ligeia, who both have +12 bows. Hell, I'm one of the top 10 geared in afterlife and I don't have a single piece of R9 or Nirvana gear, and a +6 R8 w/ **** shards. It doesn't matter if our BM's are geared, because they won't do **** when all our DD's are dead.

That said, we don't have the gears or the coordination to compete with Kylin atm. We need a complete guild overhaul if we want to stay on the map in the coming weeks. Our only advantage, numbers, was nulled by the fact that Catalyst is helping them fill Kylin's spots.

Unfortunately we couldn't get 80 online for TW Sunday, my cata squad was unable to fill up either. I guess people have other things to do on a Sunday:/ That's one of the reasons we lost so quickly. But we DID get everyone showing up on Saturday, and we still couldn't last more than an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • _Althea_ - Harshlands
    _Althea_ - Harshlands Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Our only advantage, numbers, was nulled by the fact that Catalyst is helping them fill Kylin's spots.

Found it!