• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How does one multiclient without editing game files? D:

Double click element.exe?
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    • You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

Frankie, several times in the course of my filming I've run three (once, even four) accounts parallel - the usual setup is two "acting" characters, with one on my main comp playing the camera. Haven't done this in some time now, so I don't know whether it'll be an issue in the future but:
    Are you saying I can now be suspended or banned for my filming practices?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Here's an idea, how about employing real live people that are actually IN THE GAME, patrolling bot farming spots and swinging a big ban hammer, rather than harressing people who have multiple accounts logged for, faction storage/funds, cat shop, and playing 2 chars at once.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why punish those that have multiple computers and the capability to run multiple accounts on multiple units when that was "rule."

I mean sure, make it so people can run multiple clients on one comp but to limit it to 2? Some people have MANY characters (mini farm teams) and have had them for 1+ years.

I think the issue is not being able to combat any multi-clienting issue before and now changing things in an attempt to "get a hold" of the issue now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My only question is: Is this supposed to be the "fix" for the dq fiasco or just happening to come out at the same time?

Naw, this policy change has been in the works for about a month now, ever since the release of Genesis, when there was a major outcry about the old policy no longer being applicable.

As for a "fix" to the dq fiasco, I believe that the only things that would serve this function would be to either put the Medals back in, or add some equally desirable items to the DQ shop, and neither of these things can be done right now. So I'm afraid there is no quick fix, but something that will take time to rectify.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As long as you guys used real info when you registered (i.e. all four accounts do not have the same registration info across the board), you'll definitely look less suspicious than the average abuser.

I like how you call people who have been following the rules up until now abusers.

so now instead of favoring people with multiple computers, PWI is favoring people with multiple ISPs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I like how you call people who have been following the rules up until now abusers.

so now instead of favoring people with multiple computers, PWI is favoring people with multiple ISPs.

^ This

Some of us have multiple accounts and have never lied on names/ownership, as they all have the same and real info -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IamRoland - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    I'm sure rolling back the code for the DQ page change would be really hard.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This might actually lead me to make a cleric alt, would never make a caster otherwise since meh it bores me quite a bit but since I can solo about just anything it needs up to level 50-60 on my sin(will be more after my sin becomes demon) it would be stupidly easy to get it to a decent level and have permanent maxed buffs on my sinb:victory, It would make it even easier to solo non aoeing things as well simply with a dumb healing macro
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    April Fools
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    on a side note i only had my third account logged in so i could do stupid stuff like WQ and CS and other stuff while i worked on my other...i cant do much playing on my laptop or at least anything serious so i think these new rules are simply a bunch of bull...I just want it noted somewhere in the PWi Archives that i was following the rules up to this point until you guys pulled the rabbit out of your hat and did magic to make me an evil person :(

Edit: On a side note all my registration info is the same because i wasn't doing anything that was against you're ToS
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    April Fools

LMFAO....you would....b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bludd - Harshlands
    Bludd - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My opinion is that this is a bad rule change. As you've already seen, if you don't grant exceptions you look draconian, which scares of new players and irritates cash shoppers; but if you do grant exceptions then you have to deal with abuse. This is a lose-lose scenario for you guys.

A better rule would be to just let people run multiple instances (as many as they like) and try to spend GM time looking for abuses.
    This way the playing field really is level, as plenty of free gamers do have computers nice enough to support 3 or 4 clients whereas they likely don't have 3 or 4 computers laying around. Furthermore, GM time isn't wasted researching perfectly harmless farmers or player's helping out an alt; and can instead be focused on finding hackers, botters, and the source of DDOS attacks.

Thanks for listening.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Naw, this policy change has been in the works for about a month now, ever since the release of Genesis, when there was a major outcry about the old policy no longer being applicable.

You could multi before, just double click element.exe.... didn't involve editing game files
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So help me understand this correctly. Currently in my home we have about 10+ computers. My dad plays,my sister plays, and my little brother including myself, all on separate computers.Are we in violation? Or only if we are using more than 2 accounts at once???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think there is some force out there telling me it's time to move on from this game.

PWI, you are a bunch of fools.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So help me understand this correctly. Currently in my home we have about 10+ computers. My dad plays,my sister plays, and my little brother including myself, all on separate computers.Are we in violation? Or only if we are using more than 2 accounts at once???

Everyone can play at the same time. But per individual not more then 2 accounts.
    You can play on 2 accounts.
    dad can play on 2 accounts.
    sister can play on 2 accounts.
    bro can play on 2 accounts.

Just that if pw suspects something you gotta prove this :P

I like this rule :3 I forsee myself lvling a cleric on a diff account b:cute or do WQ and lvl at the same time on an alt -^-^-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i would rather see PWI start learning to check IP port numbers before they ban someone instead of just banning people with the same IP addresses (of course multiple computers would have the same IP address as well....) b:bye
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011

As for a "fix" to the dq fiasco, I believe that the only things that would serve this function would be to either put the Medals back in, or add some equally desirable items to the DQ shop, and neither of these things can be done right now. So I'm afraid there is no quick fix, but something that will take time to rectify.

quoted from game news:
    Wraiths don't sleep, and to counter this, the members of the allied races of Perfect World must be as well geared as possible. To this end, for the month of April, we will be offering some items that should bolster the ranks of the allied legions.

of course this is a calulated decision to put medals back in the boutique, PWI just didnt want to do it right away, as the uproar would have been that much greater, and the reason for removing it from the DQ page would have been that much more transparent. PWI realized that they were giving away that which many people would gladly pay for, once demand rose high enough, and what better way to raise demand than to see people who already have rank 9 display how much better it is, and to make the item temporarily unavailable.

"there is no quick fix" yes there is, undo the quick break. what do you do when you make a wrong turn down a dead end street? do you call the city and have them build more road, or do you put your car in reverse.

"adding something of equal value to DQ page" warsoul fragments, 10k DQ points a piece.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    so how you GMs gona watch this rule since its been happening since of open beta and noone of top100 mofos never been banned even ur 1st lvl105. i find it funny that this gona be abused even more than it was before sure 1 for vendor and 1 for playing is nais but since theres been 5 accounts on same comp playing ages so it actually doesnt matter do u allow it or not cuz noone get banned
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the quick answer. But I am sure PWI is smart enough(I hope) to know the difference in IP adresses. If not then it is a sad world after all.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thank you, Frankie, and anyone else involved in this change. =)
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As long as you guys used real info when you registered (i.e. all four accounts do not have the same registration info across the board), you'll definitely look less suspicious than the average abuser.

The GM's will try to take all things into account before banning.

I hope the GMs do more Than try. I hope they Do take all things into consideration, because trying isn't enough in a situation as this. Otherwise innocent players can face bans and then end up placing a law suite with PWI for lost time or for money, as the game is a service and the terms of service they signed and printed when they first started didn't list these modified rules that you place on the forums, after the game has been out for years; instead of update in the policy.

Also, Are you, a representative of perfect world entertainment. Telling us that family members can no longer use each other's accounts to play? I mean, these aren't strangers that we're giving our account info to. It's in the same household the same timezone, it's not like the account is logged in 24 hours constantly doing FC.

Evidence: Does a family of 8 have to video record themselves playing pwi on different computers to prove that they are not in fact one person running 16 accounts?

Also be advised, there where no extensive capital letters or explanation marks to indicate that there was any shouting, yelling, or anger pointed toward the company, so politely don't make the assumption.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    i would rather see PWI start learning to check IP port numbers before they ban someone instead of just banning people with the same IP addresses (of course multiple computers would have the same IP address as well....) b:bye

Oh, so you were close to knowing what you're talking about. I think the term you you were looking for was MAC address.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    bah, back to gaming, posting in here doesn't do any good, cant get any answers or anything. They are gonna do what they want anyway, complaining about it wont do any good...

I've played this game since beta and have always followed the rules and put a lot of hard work into it and if all of the sudden they make me an evil person by changing the ToS, I cant do anything about it

Cya guys in game have fun
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Oh, so you were close to knowing what you're talking about. I think the term you you were looking for was MAC address.

if you understood what i meant then does it matter what term i use? b:chuckle it was understood none the less
    edited April 2011
    so how you GMs gona watch this rule since its been happening since of open beta and noone of top100 mofos never been banned even ur 1st lvl105. i find it funny that this gona be abused even more than it was before sure 1 for vendor and 1 for playing is nais but since theres been 5 accounts on same comp playing ages so it actually doesnt matter do u allow it or not cuz noone get banned

Ah yes this to. So if the IP address is the same, they should then check the MAC address to make sure rather than do what Chaotic Shelly would do(spam the locked/closed thread button,in this case the ban hammer :o).
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the quick answer. But I am sure PWI is smart enough(I hope) to know the difference in IP adresses. If not then it is a sad world after all.

yeah they've smart same Ip been runnin mulplie accounts start of open beta and noone havent got banned so far

E: sure they check MAC add they've never do taht even in ESO they are just too busy to to get new packs for u =)
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Personally, I like the rule change. Before this, I would have to wait until my roommate is at work to log on my second account on his computer, to help out my own characters with quests or whatever. Now, I can do this at any time from just my own computer. Yes! Thank you frankie! My veno twins, cleric twins and mystic twins especially thank you for it. =)

I never set up a cat shop anyway. Whenver I need to sell something, I put it in the auction house.
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Ah yes this to. So if the IP address is the same, they should then check the MAC address to make sure rather than do what Chaotic Shelly would do(spam the locked/closed thread button,in this case the ban hammer :o).

b:surrenderb:shutup but they dont check.... they ban first, investigate later

but its only a 3-day ban