Multi-Clienting Rule Changes

Options

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't worry about how to prove anything until you actually have to. Just play as you normally do, assuming you normally play on 2 accounts or less. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Hichigo_X - Lost City
    Hichigo_X - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »
    I have five kids at home and the three boys all have accounts. How am I gonna prove it is different people? Will PWI come to my house for a visit?

yeah i was kinda wondering that myself too D:
    Wtf is dis?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't worry about how to prove anything until you actually have to. Just play as you normally do, assuming you normally play on 2 accounts or less. lol

considering its pwi (no offense pw) might get banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    considering its pwi (no offense pw) might get banned.

I doubt they're going to ban legitimate users if their information is different, and they're not ALWAYS online at the same time the other suspected accounts are. Normal behavior doesn't warrant suspicion. People are being so dramatic/paranoid for no reason right now. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I doubt they're going to ban legitimate users if their information is different, and they're not ALWAYS online at the same time the other suspected accounts are. Normal behavior doesn't warrant suspicion. People are being so dramatic/paranoid for no reason right now. lol

well it won't work for my situation :< kinda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Zave - Harshlands
    Zave - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »
    I have five kids at home and the three boys all have accounts. How am I gonna prove it is different people? Will PWI come to my house for a visit?

thats easy enough, each address will provide a mac address........you wont have to prove anything unless you and your 5 kids are all logged onto the EXACT SAME MACHINE. they can trace the mac addys along with the ip
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The following is a compilation of intelligent posts that have been made in this thread. Please read and discuss.

For my part, and as Kitamura also said in a somewhat disgruntled manner, using the same registration information was just being honest about it. It saddens me to hear (or rather read) that this change of heart and policie suddenly labels me as an "average abuser", especially when it's due to a reaction towards the client's technical conditions as you say in the quote below.

All of these people make very valid points or raise important questions in regard to your new unofficial policy.

I want to emphasize that. ALL of my accounts have my correct and SAME personal information. Never once have I lied or made some lame name like Jane Doe on any of my accounts. As such, why should I, or other's who were honest, be penalized for it.

Additionally, food for thought....

Hypothetical situation -->

2 Accounts with characters played on 2 Servers.

So, I can log 4 clients and play 2 accounts at the same time on 2 different servers. It is still 2 accounts, just on different servers and therefore under these new rules using 4 clients on one PC for this purpose is legal.

Heck, anyone could log 10 clients and be on 2 characters on 5 servers at the same time.

^ So, is this something that people are going to be penalized for as well? After-all, it is still only 2 accounts. Whose fault is it that anyone can log the same account on different servers at the same time.

Sounds to me there is still an issue if the goal here was to combat multi-clienting, which in my opinion is a disguise for something else. And why should those of use that have multi-computers be punished for it? If I add up all of the computer's in my household (like other's), I run into the same issue as more then a few who have already stated this.

I am wondering what the "real" reason for this change is. After-all, running separate accounts that some of us made legitly, on seperate units, I find is not something you can just strip.

I find it ironic....In this situation it would seem as though the "do-gooders" are being punished with their real info on accounts and multi-boxing habits and in the case of the Medal exploit, the "exploiter's" are being rewarded because they are the only ones that have medals (besides the merchants that bought out medals once the annoucement was made to flip *runs*)

Ironic no? *nsert Alanis Morissette - Ironic*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

This is how I see it tho.. The rule was created as I assume the Chinese version got abused so now we have to pay for miss-management of our Chinese counterpart.. Correct?

Sad rule.. then again I am getting used to it.

Quoted For Truth.

I hate to see Evil Chinese behind every rock and bush, but frankly they brought us Nerfed DQ, and Mirages for TW, and nerfed 3-stars, and time limits on instances, and FSM what else.

I'd love to know how they managed to ruin this for us too.

I'd also be interested to know how, if PW-CN decided to do this, and forced PWI to follow - how did it get into the code? Isn't this a network administration issue?

Red

\BTW, as I remember, you weren't allowed to create more than one acct with a given email address
    \\if I were to have multiple accounts, they would have had different email addresses
    \\\but of course, I don't
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    thats easy enough, each address will provide a mac address........you wont have to prove anything unless you and your 5 kids are all logged onto the EXACT SAME MACHINE. they can trace the mac addys along with the ip

actually for most homes in the US this is not accurate @ all. Case in point.. network @ home, 4 pcs, plus any wireless devices served by router. Router is "pc" on the internet and ofc has its own mac address. Lan is "nat'd" so that no pc is actually on the net ergo all are protected by the routers firewall and and natt'ing software ( is that a word? ) .
    Router does not pass the pc's mac address on, as it can be used to backdoor into pc's. So all traffic in and out appears to come FROM the router. Since the router is a computer this is perfectly normal behavior. Now of course these pc's all live on one IP because its a LAN so its shared access.

There is absolutely no way w/o mutex and honestly idk if even then, for anything outside the net to find and identify any given pc. This is the whole reason for this technology is to protect the lan completely! Its called being "stealthed" and quite frankly is the norm today.
    if they attempt to ban by IP then they are banning multiple people and with dynamic ip's this could be hundreds., if they attempt to ban by mac then they are banning EVERYONE in that household and thats wrong also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Quoted For Truth.

I hate to see Evil Chinese behind every rock and bush, but frankly they brought us Nerfed DQ, and Mirages for TW, and nerfed 3-stars, and time limits on instances, and FSM what else.

I'd love to know how they managed to ruin this for us too.

I'd also be interested to know how, if PW-CN decided to do this, and forced PWI to follow - how did it get into the code? Isn't this a network administration issue?

Red

\BTW, as I remember, you weren't allowed to create more than one acct with a given email address
    \\if I were to have multiple accounts, they would have had different email addresses
    \\\but of course, I don't

If by "network administration" you meant a bandwidth quota managment, you may be right, though it would be a very poor course of action if that was the goal. In my opinion allowing multiclienting, even if limited, will increase the amount of catshops (and therefore lag) in all Archosaur's, remember there is one per server, by a ridiculously high amount because it's a x2 multiplier applied to the whole player base. It must be insanely high compared to the minority that must have access to 2 pcs; and well, the minority among that minority with 3+ pcs is bandwidth-wise a "non-factor" as some people like to say in this game. (NOTE: Redundancy absolutely intended).

If you otherwise meant that they should be able to distinguish one pc behind a router from another and deny access according to any set policy then no, they can not see individual computers on the net that easy. However, MAC's, NIC's and IP's aside, the launcher and I think the client itself too, run as processes with administrative privileges so it would be quite easy to get a "footprint" of your hardware and attach it to your login information and determine whether you comply with their policie or not.

That means that either:

1) PWI knows which people have multicliented at any given moment but have not taken action due to staff shortage or whatever other reason they may have.

2) Multiclienting has never really been an issue in this version of Perfect World.

Of course, number 2) would also imply that some resentful players that claim they "know" others have multicliented, ticketed the issue and then complain that nothing was made do not really understand the difference between multiclienting (previously absolutely unallowed) and multiboxing (previously allowed without any constraint).
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wrong, you just have can have accounts (separate login information) period. It doesn't matter what server you are on, hence them saying you can have a bank alt.

/facepalm

Apparently you didn't read the context of what I was saying in regards to the message that I quoted and responded to. Learn to comprehend. I'll expand on it and write it more simply so you can understand.

You can only log an account once per server... So if you have multiple characters on the same account, you may only log that one account and play one character on that account on that server. If that account has characters on other servers, you can log that one account into another server. You may run two clients. It doesn't matter what severs they're logged into. Both clients can be logged into one single account as long as it is on different servers. If you want to log two clients into the same server you need two different accounts.

You are confusing accounts with clients.

Understand?

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • lorakshielding
    lorakshielding Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im rather confused at this new rule. cause both me and my girlfriend play this game and we were wondering if this now means if we are both loged in at same time and we both had our catshops up too if that would be breaking the new rules
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So... got killed by someone using 5, claims that all 5 chars are on different comps. I'm reporting.... and I'm hoping gms are enforcing this rule with bans.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So now is legal to use an alt cleric to heal an alt/main char to do bosses and instances?
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What is the disciplinary actions towards the people that use more than two clients at one time?
    I know people that have/had/will have like 5+ clients open at a single time. How will you be able to catch people doing this?
    I'm innocent I swear.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well, some of them are dumb enough to say that they are using 5+ accounts and have it screenied etc.

but for others, gms will ask for proof.
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So now is legal to use an alt cleric to heal an alt/main char to do bosses and instances?

As long as they are the only two characters you have logged, yes. The literal extent of the rule would even allow your blue named cleric to heal you, and also give mp if demon cleric, while you PK. Well, on a PVE server where it can be level 30+ and remain blue named of course.
  • Restecp - Sanctuary
    Restecp - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

Ok so as far as I understand, if I previously had 20 accounts, (which I don't BTW) yet only use 2 of them at once, I won't get in trouble? That seems fine but what about if I want to keep playing my characters off say.. 5 of those accounts, but only using one-two online at a time. Would this still be legal? Just want to clear this up. Sorry if it has been asked before. b:shutup
    It is not the level of the toon that matters, it is the player BEHIND that toon. b:thanks
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ok so as far as I understand, if I previously had 20 accounts, (which I don't BTW) yet only use 2 of them at once, I won't get in trouble? That seems fine but what about if I want to keep playing my characters off say.. 5 of those accounts, but only using one-two online at a time. Would this still be legal? Just want to clear this up. Sorry if it has been asked before. b:shutup
    Yes. 000
  • Amy_Stryke - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Stryke - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What if I have my friends come over and we all play on different computers using my router (I do this frequently with other games.) None of us are family, and all have different accounts, is this violating the TOS?
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys, it's really simple. 2 accounts online at one time PER PERSON. Doesn't matter if they're friends of family, or some random person, all in the same home.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You people don't read ._.

How many posts have I seen with: 'I have 4 accounts, already made before this rule was enforced, will I be in trouble?' / 'Can I still log more characters than 2 in on different machines?' etc etc

If you just took the bloody time to read franky's full post (cause all the information is in there) you wouldn't have to ask all these stupid questions I've seen in this thread..
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What about parents who made accounts in their own name as opposed to their children's?
    If for example me and my son were both playing the game on two different computers each having 2 clients open. It would appear as though it were four of me would it not?

How will you deal with this issue? A case by case basis?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Only issue that wasn't clarified was the "proof" we must show that its really 1 person behind 2 accounts or 1 person behind 4 accounts.

What is really stopping ppl like that from doing it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What about parents who made accounts in their own name as opposed to their children's?
    If for example me and my son were both playing the game on two different computers each having 2 clients open. It would appear as though it were four of me would it not?

How will you deal with this issue? A case by case basis?

Simple, on a night when you least expect them, PWI busts into your house through the front door and through windows with AK47's demanding you demonstrate that you do indeed have a son and separate PC. Satisfied, they radio to headquarters, "Operation Kniraven, all clear." Dissatisfied, carnage ensues as rounds hiss from silenced barrels before the same operation report is proclaimed.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Simple, on a night when you least expect them, PWI busts into your house through the front door and through windows with AK47's demanding you demonstrate that you do indeed have a son and separate PC. Satisfied, they radio to headquarters, "Operation Kniraven, all clear." Dissatisfied, carnage ensues as rounds hiss from silenced barrels before the same operation report is proclaimed.

Well... this system would certainly deter people from breaking the rule...
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Awersome i can make a cleric or sin alt to help my seeker in grinding :d

Aoe heaven :Db:dirtyb:dirty

Editted: DAmn it works but my computer can t handle it, i lag like mad lol. Nevermind ;p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lorakshielding
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so if me and my gf are plaing seprate computers at same house i cant use my catshop too without getting banned right?
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol i just like how at some point during the updates they messed up the client exe thing so instead of fixing it right to stop multi clienting, they make the people that were following the ToS and doing it right, they are going to start punishing them...while in the meantime the people that were breaking the rules of the ToS are being rewarded...am i seeing something wrong here? b:chuckle
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • lorakshielding
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im just trying to find out if i can stll do it or if i would be breaking TOS cause i dont wanna get banned lol