Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Bumpity bump
  • Dartwave - Sanctuary
    Dartwave - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    To all the ppl who had as only goal in the game to get his rank9 gears and finally be competitive in pk or tw ... shout in this thread ur disappointment for the loss of this goal... finally looked like pk was increasing and getting fun .... but now is totally dead ... all pk spots are always empty , ppl lost their interest ... game is dying ...
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    can we has the medals back b:sad or... orr..... imma spend all the dq points wich i dont have on event fashs b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    people have been on about quitting since many changes were implemented into the game

-Packs
    -DQ nerf
    -Assasins
    -10* orbs in Boutique
    -TW mirage pay

and many more

Everyone says the same **** about "half of your player base will quit and your income will be reduced, or im going to stop charging zen and i know a lot of other people are", but at the end of the day; those people still play the game and PWE is still here going strong.

Nothing will ever change, PWE change something > People rage > People get over it > PWE lives on

just seen this so many times every time PWE changes something over the time ive been here (since the game went open beta)

sorry =\

I agree with you. But there is a difference in what's going on here. We didn't get screwed over mid way, we simply had to move on to the next step.

What makes us be so annoyed is the fact that there are no news on how we are going to get medals again. The old system of DQ was fine, since didn't they go over on a campaign about the first 105 player getting to 105 without zhenning and they seemed proud of it?

-Packs (This made somethings easier to obtain that were rather impossible or would take ages to farm).
    -DQ nerf (This was kind of fixed with medals being in boutique).
    -Assasins (We can't blame this class...But yea they are OP...)
    -5.0 (Meh...Wasn't this an "unforeseen" mistake from them)
    -10* orbs in Boutique (This kind of evened out gameplay against those that used 2k USD to get them very very long ago).
    -TW mirage pay (This was fixed because they noticed they did make a mistake and less people were participating in TW).

Let alone the people that already had 100k DQP or more to redeem medals while getting the chips, them boom medals are gone.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    To all the ppl who had as only goal in the game to get his rank9 gears and finally be competitive in pk or tw ... shout in this thread ur disappointment for the loss of this goal... finally looked like pk was increasing and getting fun .... but now is totally dead ... all pk spots are always empty , ppl lost their interest ... game is dying ...

bump bump
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    bump bump

bump 3. Maybe some news BEFORE the sale ends would be nice? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Let alone the people that already had 100k DQP or more to redeem medals while getting the chips, them boom medals are gone.

It's a bit rough, but if you had 100k DQP stored up, it's your own fault for not taking advantage of the Medals while they were there. 20K DQP for a Medal is ludicrously cheap, especially when compared to the 25 Gold CS price. I fully expected them to disappear from the DQ rewards and was not surprised in the least when they did go. Only thing that I am surprised at is that they haven't popped them back into CS yet. Well, maybe next week.
  • Elesir - Heavens Tear
    Elesir - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Here is your chance:

If you really want your medals back go vote Yes in their new poll:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061101

edited April 2011
    It's a bit rough, but if you had 100k DQP stored up, it's your own fault for not taking advantage of the Medals while they were there. 20K DQP for a Medal is ludicrously cheap, especially when compared to the 25 Gold CS price. I fully expected them to disappear from the DQ rewards and was not surprised in the least when they did go. Only thing that I am surprised at is that they haven't popped them back into CS yet. Well, maybe next week.

I didn't have 100k DQP stored. But I'm just saying some people seemed to have them. Point is maybe a warning would have been good.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I didn't have 100k DQP stored. But I'm just saying some people seemed to have them. Point is maybe a warning would have been good.

I meant it in the general sense, not you specifically. I guess I just always thought DQ Medals were too good to be true and treated them as such, making them as soon as I gathered 20k pts. I just don't understand why, with PWI's track record, people would hoard up DQP, leaving themselves open to getting screwed when availability changes. It would be one thing if they were kinda pricey, and there was a chance that they my get easier to
    obtain, but 1.5m per Medal? Were people holding out hoping for an even BETTER deal?

Oh, and I can fully understand why they didn't give a warning, it would just have caused a run on Medals, further exacerbating the "problem" that they were trying to address (too many easy Medals).
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Great for you that was able to forsee this. I wish I had thought about this too. With the money I have, I could had easily got all the medals I was going to need.
    edited April 2011
    I meant it in the general sense, not you specifically. I guess I just always thought DQ Medals were too good to be true and treated them as such, making them as soon as I gathered 20k pts. I just don't understand why, with PWI's track record, people would hoard up DQP, leaving themselves open to getting screwed when availability changes. It would be one thing if they were kinda pricey, and there was a chance that they my get easier to
    obtain, but 1.5m per Medal? Were people holding out hoping for an even BETTER deal?

Oh, and I can fully understand why they didn't give a warning, it would just have caused a run on Medals, further exacerbating the "problem" that they were trying to address (too many easy Medals).

Meh, You have a point and I know the market would have gone crazy, but isn't it already lol? I mean medals 60m?

And I couldn't get them all because I was slowly farming them at spiders, gave me a little bit more fun than just plain old buy DQ from people. However that is my personal thought on it.

The harm was done when things were taken off and taking out the fairness to those that needed time to farm them and others that got them all from DQ points because they already had the money to get them. I was seeing this as almost a resort to finally evening out gameplay with other players.

EDIT: The main concern is, what if instead of taking out medals, they took out chip packs or double/tripled the price of chip packs? The way PWI has been acting lately has been in a way you do not know what to do or when to do it, since it seems from every way possible you can get screwed over. Which just leaves with uncertainty to what we are working for and how, and what we should work on first. Losing the trust from it's players and therefore losing money.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:chuckle don't realy care bout medals so b:shutup however I would like something that is actually useful put in there perfect iron hammers bronze and silver charms tisha's or something that is remotely useful and fairly priced for what it isb:victory
    edited April 2011
    b:chuckle don't realy care bout medals so b:shutup however I would like something that is actually useful put in there perfect iron hammers bronze and silver charms tisha's or something that is remotely useful and fairly priced for what it isb:victory

bronze, silver and tisha's are in DQP in the form of Event Gold which is 50 event gold. Several silver charms can be obtained with that and 50 tishas or tienkangs among other things. It's worth 50k DQP.
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2011

Everything u said, except perfect hammer, is in the event boutique noob
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes but u gotta get 50k points before you can even consider getting any of these things If I were to sell the dq to other ppl u could probably buy the gold from ah and get these things cheaper and still make a profit
    edited April 2011
    yes but u gotta get 50k points before you can even consider getting any of these things If I were to sell the dq to other ppl u could probably buy the gold from ah and get these things cheaper and still make a profit

If you can get buyers.
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I didn't even consider getting/farmin DQ points to get the medals or chips or whatever.

But now, consider this :

1. They say that the DEV's find it too easy to get medals trough DQ points.

2. Medals are therefore removed from the DQ item list.

3. In order to get Rank 9 gear, you NEED those medals. And a BUNCH of those, not just 1.

4. Myst. Chips are now on sale. Nice, but what's the point ? You can use those to get the Gen.Summers tokens, but without the medals you're nothing.

Result :

1. people who had the chance already have their rank 9 gear, at much cheaper prices then those who try to obtain them now.

2. The Myst.chips sale is totally pointless. unless you wanna make a crapload of dice tickets.

3. All those who were aiming for rank 9 : "go F. yourself. Pay through the nose (or 25 gold IF it's available in cs) or get something else." Thats basically what they're saying.

4. A part of the high lvl playerbase is now pissed off, and another part has gained a huge advantage over others.

So, all in all, pwi has simply swept the ground under their own feet, Myst.Chips sale ? Come on, who's gonna buy that now when its pointless without medals ? Rep Sale ? who the hell wants rank 9 when you can't even get the items ? So that sale is down the drain as well.

I'm not stupid enuf to get rep to get rank 9 only to see that i can't even get/pay for a dam medal. Not to mention the medals i need for my weapon....

In China it's completely different. In THAT gaming culture, they got an insane amount of botters who farm constanly DQ items to get those medals, flooding the market and making it easy for anyone there to get rank9 in an instant.
    So what they do there ? Remove the medals. Use different (pretty useless) means to disencourage botters.
    And oc, being the morons like devs over there usually are, they think the same "culture" applies to us in the western world as well.

The only thing they had to do was to avoid medals becoming "glitched" and made tradable. Ooh, but oc, it must be very hard to change some coding.

Sad, sad, sad. Guess it's back to farming raptures, oh w8, maybe they'll F. us over on that to soon....
  • Radamanthys - Heavens Tear
    Radamanthys - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ~shocked~
  • illestrealist
    illestrealist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Moral of the story is: Buy whatever you can as soon as it comes out. You never know when it would be taken away.
    Good or bad, I will tell it like it is.
    edited April 2011
    Moral of the story is: Buy whatever you can as soon as it comes out. You never know when it would be taken away.

Then again you never know if it will be cheaper as well, Like rank 8 b:laugh So we kind of are screwed both ways.
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011

No, the REAL moral of the story is: PWI is ****, as are all mmos. Go play modern warfare or some ****.
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    *bump*

more than 80 pages, but only 2 answers by GM/CM/Mod and thread not being "sticky" anymore... way to go PWE

PWE, all ppl want is u to take care of ur player base. even if u can only say something like "sorry, but we still have no update on what's going to happen with medals", just fking answer on a regular basis instead of ignoring ur community. the ppl playing this game r ur paying customers, u should treat them like that.

back to the topic:
    a lot of ppl probably charged to get r9 when there was the zen sale the weekend before the rank sale came. so PWE made lots of money already that weekend.
    then medals were taken away, those who rly wanted to get r9 bought medals for 30m each on "the black market", probably by spending some of the charged money. so they had to charge more to obtain the wanted r9 items. more money for PWE.

and i'm sure they r just waiting for the medals to be not available anymore on the "black market", before bringing them to the cashshop. they r creating a temporary shortage / scarcity. pretty simple strategy... that's marketing, that's economy.
    ppl want their medals before the rank sale ends, so the rush on medals will be even bigger as noone knows if they come back to the boutique and when this might be. so ppl will ignore the costs of 25g each for the medals.
    and PWE will probably be like "we r sorry for all the irritation created by removing the medals from dq rewards. to give those a chance who were working on their r9 gear, we bring medals back to the boutique for 1 week.".
    PWE will try to look good, ppl will be satisfied as they got their medals, everybody will forget about it and PWE made lots of money,,,

so i wouldn't be suprised to see medals back in the boutique next week or the week after. just be patient..

but anyways: taking off medals w/o warning and not giving any information to ur community about what's going to happen now -> **** u PWE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • Fusselina - Harshlands
    Fusselina - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well, how funny is, that none cares about ppl who used this bug to earn cash and ruin other players goal with that. I think PW should get first nice punishment for ppl who used that glitch, it cant be that exactly those ppl got only profit! b:angry
    Since PW knows that many medals were glitched and "ruined" game economy, it should be possible to get those players and they should get fair punishment. ( I am against bann, but sth to get cut their Gold or sth similar) Its rly annoying to see how those ppl are happy about using glitch and telling how stupid are other ppl who didnt use bug. This kind of ppl should get first blamed than PW.

And 2. What a blame, none PW GM says sth about this situation, just "fixing" DQ site wont help, not at all. They should bring again Medals in noncash way, otherway it wouldnt be fair to other players (If PW cares about that ofc)

@edit

They could bring Medals with mys. chips aswell (Since we can get mys. chips also from DQ list, its fair -at last better than nothing) Atm for me sencless to farm stuff or whatever, since i was waiting for this sale to get R9, and ofc was farming like xx players Dq points, to get Medals.

Ps.
    Sorry for my bad english :D
  • gothmog669
    gothmog669 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lots of real money spent in game to buy lotsa DQ for medals and now they are removed before medals bought. This was the only reason i spent money so as to buy the medals... i feel cheated... i think you're attitude PWI is disgusting, ignorant and i feel you are thieves. I have spent many thousands in game over the last year.. i will no longer put any money into the game.
  • Elesir - Heavens Tear
    Elesir - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    We wanted an answer form the GMs. This is their answer. Unsticky-ing this thread is their answer. This is the GMs saying to us a nice big FUOK YOU! We don't give a s#it about what you want! to their player base. Thank you for making it clear PWI. It's kind of what we expected from you...

• Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    We wanted an answer form the GMs. This is their answer. Unsticky-ing this thread is their answer. This is the GMs saying to us a nice big FUOK YOU! We don't give a s#it about what you want! to their player base. Thank you for making it clear PWI. It's kind of what we expected from you...

+100. They trying to hide the truth, that's why they unstick the thread. They hoping it will go to oblivion but it doesn't.
  • Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver
    Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

Update (4-8-2011)

Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

Ok with all due respect if your adding the chest of coins to the page then add it already. Tired of this nonsense you keep pulling on your playerbase telling us things are going to happen then taking your jolly time doing what you say your going to do. It takes on average 2-3 months for changes to happen and while i understand this game is free to play this is unacceptable, since you do have players that spend a considerable amount in the CashShop to support the game and pay your salaries. The customer service on this game is ridiculously sad and slow. Not to mention I have submitted tickets and often it takes me 4 to 5 days for a single response. How bout rather than releasing bugged content you actually test it like any other game.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

I have 98 chests of coins o.o
    soooo cool, lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
This discussion has been closed.