Archer Opening PK Skills

Ilyrec - Archosaur
Ilyrec - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Archer
Just got addicted to PK'ing on mah archer. o.o

So far, I've noticed a BUNCH of peeps wandering in west have charms D:

I'm wondering what skills to open with (I always start at max range, 249 chi, winged shell on)

So far:

Stun>2spark>normals

Stun>Freeze>1Spk>normals

Take aim (or another high dmg long cast spell)>Stun>spark>normals

2spark>stun>normals

I'm wondering which would be the most damage effective/lucrative in using sparks.

Gotta love murdering pixelsb:laugh

The forums hate mah archer, so I post on my mule cleric. b:laugh

Currently level 83, wanting to equip my lev 85 FC +6 bow b:angry

zzzZZZzzz
Post edited by Ilyrec - Archosaur on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I open with autoshot or quickshot (or even take aim if they don't see me!). I use stun to cancel their reaction and aim low if they run. I don't triple spark unless I think I'm going to die if I don't anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Ilyrec - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    o.o. Aha! Ty for the tip on saving my stun for l8er :O

zzzZZZzzz
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Er I just reread your post and realized you were asking about how to use spark.

Like I said, I don't use spark unless I'm going to die (they'll be wasted anyways XD) but that's just my style. I can see it being useful if no one is targeting you and you're free to be a turret, but to be honest that rarely happens in PK and in TW the spark is like a huge "STUN ME" sign. While I understand some people's reasons for using triple spark, I personally think the chi is better used elsewhere, like keeping yourself alive and/or chasing retreating targets. Learn to use your Aim Low and Wings of Grace and you will find that you don't have enough chi for sparking anyways. In TW you'd want to save some sparks for barrage (but that's next to useless in open PK). Lastly I might add that winged shell is useful for delaying a few hits while waiting for your charm tick to cool down.

(Elven Alacrity and Blood Vow are also chi sinks, though I use Vow rarely because that is a sure fire way to get killed in many situations. Alacrity I tend to use on others since I have Holy Path for myself, but I've been known to use that on top of an Ironguard for free barrages in TW)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Ilyrec - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    In that case, I should use spark more often.

I spark behind the statues at west arch gate and no one ever notices >:D Then I drop some poor sap trying to get chi in 5 seconds ^_^

zzzZZZzzz
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Bah, you're lucky. I haven't gone PKing in a long time because no matter where I stand, when I join the battle, or what I'm doing, if I'm out of SZ, there are 2+ sins on me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Ilyrec - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    HT population > Arch population.

o.o

zzzZZZzzz
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if I'm out of SZ, there are 2+ sins on me.

i think this is the reason a lot of people (with brains) dont go PK anymore, there are always sins in stealth just waiting to jump you and unless your loaded with good pdef, the right pots and lots of hp then they just slaughter.

it certainly scared me from even trying PK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_lord - Harshlands
    Dark_lord - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you know you are goinng to be attacked Wings of Grace is VERY nice as you take no damage during the cast, it's almost like a mini spark. You can't be stunned during the cast either as I've tested it with duels w/other archers.

West arch is a dumb place to pk on any server as that is where sins will be hanging out stealthed. Go to questing areas for PK fun and stay mobile. Kill a few people then move on to the nearest tonw/village. If you stay in one area you WILL get killed.

On unsuspecting prey I'll open with Take Aim followed by Stun shot > Wind Shield > Auto Attack. If they survive the stun, Freeze arrow and get ready to hit them with Aim Low if they're closing distance on you. If you have to hit them w/aim low at this point they either have really high HP pool or high phys defense. Time for your Metal Debuff and Lightning attacks.

Please, if you're an archer and don't have Wind Shield on your genie get it and keep it at lvl 1. Only 35 energy for atk speed increase and damage shield.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you know you are goinng to be attacked Wings of Grace is VERY nice as you take no damage during the cast, it's almost like a mini spark. You can't be stunned during the cast either as I've tested it with duels w/other archers.

West arch is a dumb place to pk on any server as that is where sins will be hanging out stealthed. Go to questing areas for PK fun and stay mobile. Kill a few people then move on to the nearest tonw/village. If you stay in one area you WILL get killed.

On unsuspecting prey I'll open with Take Aim followed by Stun shot > Wind Shield > Auto Attack. If they survive the stun, Freeze arrow and get ready to hit them with Aim Low if they're closing distance on you. If you have to hit them w/aim low at this point they either have really high HP pool or high phys defense. Time for your Metal Debuff and Lightning attacks.

Please, if you're an archer and don't have Wind Shield on your genie get it and keep it at lvl 1. Only 35 energy for atk speed increase and damage shield.

Yes... kill them while they are questing and already have mobs on them. Better yet... make sure you do it around level 30 quest areas. Making of an pathetic archer...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You be trolling....
  • Dark_lord - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Yes... kill them while they are questing and already have mobs on them. Better yet... make sure you do it around level 30 quest areas. Making of an pathetic archer...

QQ more and play on a carebear server if you take offense. Harshlands is PK, i've been pk'd MANY times while questing. Worst was when I was soloing Yan the Traitor had him down to about 1/2 and a sin popped stealth and killed me. You don't fking know me so you can take your judgement and shove it up your a$$. I don't attack white names and I certainly don't jump people 50 levels lower. But go ahead and read more into what I said than is really there.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011

QQ more and play on a carebear server if you take offense. Harshlands is PK, i've been pk'd MANY times while questing. Worst was when I was soloing Yan the Traitor had him down to about 1/2 and a sin popped stealth and killed me. You don't fking know me so you can take your judgement and shove it up your a$$. I don't attack white names and I certainly don't jump people 50 levels lower. But go ahead and read more into what I said than is really there.

Ahhh yes... the big bad harshland pk archer... who i might add have way less kills then this carebear ht archer... is justifying his action of killing lowbies and preoccupied people.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Attacking pre-occupied people isas bad as farming level 40s for kills.
    edited March 2011

+1 to this, exactly what i was thinking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    While ambushing is a valid tactic, I find it rather pointless except as a stat-padder so when you post on the forums other people don't make fun your kill count as much. Usually when I go out PKing I am looking for a good fight, and killing someone who is busy just seems like killing a mob to me. Maybe kill count is a more important measure of e-peen on PVP servers, I wouldn't know.

Personally even back when was in PK mode all the time, I rarely turned any shade darker than the lightest pink because everyone I killed was fully aware that I was going to attack them and, unless they were just so bad they didn't get to attack back at all, had a chance to get flagged so I don't get any hours when I kill them. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't land any sneak arrows on people I hate, but then again I am on a PVE server: if they were in PK mode they accepted the risks b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Ilyrec - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Hello, more on spark utilization pl0x o.o

There should be a forum for pk stuff...

nah there is b:thanks

zzzZZZzzz
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you are going to spark, you are basically telling everyone around you to stun you or to run away. After a spark be sure to use something like vac powder / AD + IG / sutra / cloud eruption + elven alacrity. This will give you the time you need to mow people down. If they run you pretty much have to chase them down and stun them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Dark_lord - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    For those who just don't read well, I don't kill lowbies and I don't kill white names. On a side note, if you never "ambush" or kill anyone outside West Arch or Silver Pool because they might be "occupied" you might as well just send them a duel request.

P.S. I should hope you have more kills than me considering you are level 101 and I never TW.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    For those who just don't read well, I don't kill lowbies and I don't kill white names. On a side note, if you never "ambush" or kill anyone outside West Arch or Silver Pool because they might be "occupied" you might as well just send them a duel request.

P.S. I should hope you have more kills than me considering you are level 101 and I never TW.

I wasn't one of the people implying you were so I'll let you have that.

LOL that's stupid. Duels and PK are completely different. JUST for starters there's the matter of the charm...unless you PK without a charm also? PFFT. After that sentence it seems you are just a whining dumbass. And your reading is lacking too; I said people I intend to kill know I'm coming, not that I don't kill people outside SP and West. In fact most of the PK happens in those places, but hey if they're there that MUST mean they don't know I'm there RIGHT?! LOL.

It means you lack experience and the stuff coming out of your mouth/fingers is quite silly....see above. If you're so PROUD of being on a PK server then by all means, go PK some, find out the difference between sending a duel request and letting people know you're gonna PK them. And while you're at it, put some kills under your belt so the carebear servers don't pick on your pathetic PvP experience.

This is why I think Harshland is a joke. They are quick to copy LC with their "carebear" insults, but when their kill count comes into question against a pve server they start singing about their level and TW experience *rolls eyes*. You can't have your cake and eat it, just so ya know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    On a side note, if you never "ambush" or kill anyone outside West Arch or Silver Pool because they might be "occupied" you might as well just send them a duel request

I am going to have to disagree with you on this issue.

My harshlands character, when I played her, almost never fought anyone except when I was ganked. And, I did not always win (especially when I was massively outleveled), but I would win often enough (or, during my initial months, I would escape with my life, often enough). And, my fights were usually challenging, since my opponents picked the time and place of their choosing.

And, yes, I sometimes would win when I was outleveled and/or outnumbered. I had good gear (nothing all that great by today's standards, but good for back then), and I knew a few things about how to play...

Mind you, her kill count was never very high. But, when most of the kills were people trying to gank me, and most of them outleveled me? I feel a lot better about her 80-ish mostly self-defense kills than I feel about my 700-ish mostly-tw kills on this character.

(But my closest friends are on sanctuary, not on harshlands, and I no longer have enough time to be farming for two servers, and for me PK was only a learning exercise.)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011

So... you killed a few at questing areas... and then run to sz? But yet you don't kill lowbies or white names. Seems like you are just trying to cover your *** there. The people who actually still do quests are lowbies and white names. No "experienced" player does quests outside of the occasional boredom or cults.

If pk for you is to ambush or attack preoccupied people... thats just really sad. But then again... this might be what harshland is all about... kill, run, hide, and repeat.

As long as we are clear... you have less kills then a carebear. So lets just call you a whinny bear.

• I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Well I guess a couple <60 Chars who PK regularly can say the same to you.
    Kill count and levels don't mean anything. It's about skill, luck, and/or gear.
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Woahhh so many archers QQ'n.
    Archers can kill anyone, they are the BEST for PVP by far out of any other class.
    You guys should get out there and try.

As for the guy posting in the beginning,
    Dont spark, use your chi for your anti stun skills.
    Archers are the only class to have TWO at their disposal.

kthnxbye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
    edited April 2011
    Well I guess a couple <60 Chars who PK regularly can say the same to you.
    Kill count and levels don't mean anything. It's about skill, luck, and/or gear.

And the fact that you have 0 pk kills must mean you dont have any of these?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
    edited April 2011
    Archers can kill anyone, they are the BEST for PVP by far out of any other class.

1v1 or even 2v1 Sin are the best PK class out there

Double spark> stun out of stealth> auto attack > re stealth (dont forget they get free sparks for all this stealthing)

as someone rightly said, those who roled a Sin lose all respect as "good" PK'ers because Sins are easy PK class; people just make a Sin so they could get easy kills and "claim" to be good because they sucked before on their prev char.

in TW tho, archers are the better PK'ers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Woahhh so many archers QQ'n.
    Archers can kill anyone and can be killed by anyone, they are the BEST for TW by far out of any other class.
    You guys should get out there and try.

I fixed some things for you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    kill, run, hide, and repeat.

Just to put harshlands say in it, its kill, run, hide, tlk ****, repeat. ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Just to put harshlands say in it, its kill, run, hide, tlk ****, repeat. ty

We used to do that in HT too but some people can't tell the difference between "talk shet" and "QQ"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    true tht
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Come to Raging Trolls.