Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Is PWI worth playing casually?
    Like I understand that the game is heavily pay 2 win, but honestly, I'm not much for PvP anyway. I just want to play, my main concern though, is that I will end up taking the time to download and install, to find that I'm the only one in the freaking world playing. I've been playing a lot of GW2, and after 3 level 80s, I'm a little burnt out on it. I wanna play another mmo, which, feel free to suggest some to me. I'm gonna be broke for a while so I'd prefer free to play. Anyway back on topic, I want to be able to just kick back and relax while I play, which, if I remember correctly, PWI did that for me back in the day. I didn't play very far, wasn't a very high level but I've been thinking about playing it again, starting from scratch. But like I said, I don't want to find myself alone in the game. So, to sum this up

Nothing to do with this topic so it would be better just to start a new one if you want many answers. Here's my opinion: The pay-2-win path is only needed if you want to promote PWE and get the best of the best stuff without actually working for it. So yeah, you can still go for free-2-play, still get a high level and still get G16 armor and weapon. It only takes time and good in-game friends. After all, we play to have some fun. Right?
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Is PWI worth playing casually?
    Like I understand that the game is heavily pay 2 win, but honestly, I'm not much for PvP anyway. I just want to play, my main concern though, is that I will end up taking the time to download and install, to find that I'm the only one in the freaking world playing. I've been playing a lot of GW2, and after 3 level 80s, I'm a little burnt out on it. I wanna play another mmo, which, feel free to suggest some to me. I'm gonna be broke for a while so I'd prefer free to play. Anyway back on topic, I want to be able to just kick back and relax while I play, which, if I remember correctly, PWI did that for me back in the day. I didn't play very far, wasn't a very high level but I've been thinking about playing it again, starting from scratch. But like I said, I don't want to find myself alone in the game. So, to sum this up

sjampie's right that you might wanna make a new thread to discuss this more if you want more answers. But just to chime in quick - I'm also a GW2 vet so I understand what you're coming from.

The main thing you seem to be asking about it is whether or not you'll be alone leveling. Tbh the starting area (Celestial Vale - it's a semi-new, all-race zone that everyone gets dumped in now from 1-20ish... an unfortunate decision on the game's part imo) is pretty dead. You'll see a few bank alts, and MAYBE a couple more players in this area as you run through. Last time I brought an alt through (6 months ago maybe) I saw 2 other players questing there. Similar issue in the mid-level zones. Once you get to the 70-80+ level range it's a bit better. If you want a free-to-play that's got an actual decent leveling population, I'm pretty sure Neverwinter, another PWE title, would be a better choice, though I'm not super informed about how busy their lowbie zones are these days. But it's a muuuuch bigger player base than ours I believe.

Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • athenian
    athenian Posts: 23 Arc User
    Indeed, the above question need a separate thread but my two pennies is that he won't find 1-99 lvl groups for culti or bhs, and he'll mostly spend his time begging for help. If it was for me, I wouldn't start now in this game... There are other games more populated and more active in all lvl ranges...
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    athenian wrote: »
    Indeed, the above question need a separate thread but my two pennies is that he won't find 1-99 lvl groups for culti or bhs, and he'll mostly spend his time begging for help. If it was for me, I wouldn't start now in this game... There are other games more populated and more active in all lvl ranges...

The upcoming expansion streamlines leveling/culti quests heavily. I wouldnt suggest thhis game for new players even so but thought to point out they actually did something to improve the starting game experience.
  • zx81#2778
    zx81#2778 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Indeed, the above question need a separate thread but my two pennies is that he won't find 1-99 lvl groups for culti or bhs, and he'll mostly spend his time begging for help.

There are always people willing to help and there are always people who only come online to do nothing unless they have a bit of profit. New players shouldn't do the same as most pillbaby's: check wc if there is someone who makes a squad and join. Begging won't help. Joining a faction can help with doing culti's but expect no one to be online 24/7 just to give help to one single player.

• yapein5#6724
    yapein5#6724 Posts: 1 Arc User
    you have indeed made us wait for a year to solve this problem, why is GMs giving no more update on the subject, as if it had become routine for the players, i dont plan to keep loging with a handicapped starter, you promised to fix multi clienting since months yet we've heard nothing about it and everyone had enough trouble and big losses because of something that is entirely your problem, if Arc team is incompetent to handle the issue then bring it back to previous state, Arc destroyed this game.
  • tonylee123321#9419
    tonylee123321#9419 Posts: 1 New User
    Honestly it's like you guys want to go out of business.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

As long as you people keep shoveling money at them for pixels, they won't.

I don't play any more. Haven't in well over a year. Still have a few friends that won't give it up though, and they keep talking about the dwindling population in some of the top TW factions. Sadly, there are also the few who will spend thousands of dollars a month just to stay on top. They're the ones keeping the game alive. I imagine it won't be too long before they get bored and stop because of a lack of competition.

Then it will truly die.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2019

I don't play any more. Haven't in well over a year. Still have a few friends that won't give it up though, and they keep talking about the dwindling population in some of the top TW factions. Sadly, there are also the few who will spend thousands of dollars a month just to stay on top. They're the ones keeping the game alive. I imagine it won't be too long before they get bored and stop because of a lack of competition.

It actually doesn't make sense as the game has a lot of content to come in yet.

As for the money issue it could be taken care of if only the staff would be bothered to do it.

The game could still manage new players if only PWE would bother to advertise it.

A simple fix for the money issue could be to conduct simple ingame events on a weekly/monthly basis for event gold giveaways, small rewards like some glyph packs, maybe War avatar A cards etc. (We used to have jungle ruins and tiger events)
    And to perhaps reduce the price on the CS equipment slightly. (This would actually encourage people to spend more)

There are quite a few ways to have PWI going well and good. (Besides a few mmos more or less almost every mmo has issues similiar to ours. Therefore if PWI was actually tuned a bit it could easily attract the audience)

Well I think so..

If you are gonna speak about graphics people still play Runescape lol. (People would care less about it as far as the game is enjoyable)
    PWI has pretty decent graphics imo even to this date.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User

As for the money issue it could be taken care of if only the staff would be bothered to do it.

The game could still manage new players if only PWE would bother to advertise it.

A simple fix for the money issue could be to conduct simple ingame events on a weekly/monthly basis for event gold giveaways, small rewards like some glyph packs, maybe War avatar A cards etc. (We used to have jungle ruins and tiger events)
    And to perhaps reduce the price on the CS equipment slightly. (This would actually encourage people to spend more)

There are quite a few ways to have PWI going well and good. (Besides a few mmos more or less almost every mmo has issues similiar to ours. Therefore if PWI was actually tuned a bit it could easily attract the audience)

Well I think so..

If you are gonna speak about graphics people still play Runescape lol. (People would care less about it as far as the game is enjoyable)

The problem with all of that is, PWE has made a name of itself with abysmal customer support. PWI has made name of itself being p2w game. Not easy stigmas to get rid of. On top of that you got the insane treadmill of content ppl have to clear in order to be somewhat competitive. They would have to rework lot of things for this game to be at all appealing to new players and I just dont see them doing it when CN is still doing pretty well.

The game is at a point where it no longer can be saved, the decisions company made with the game and with resource allocation(stupidly small staff) its just too late to change things. Ppl have given up on the game and company and this is a direct consequence of how the game has been managed. You could always argue to make an attempt but it would cost money and this is a business, not a charity. With low chance of success even if they were to do all the right decisions there is just no point for the company to do anything but maintain the game the best they can with seemingly no resources allocated into it.
  • mysticblue#1834
    edited May 2019
    datsang wrote: »

Well I think so..

The problem with all of that is, PWE has made a name of itself with abysmal customer support. PWI has made name of itself being p2w game. Not easy stigmas to get rid of. On top of that you got the insane treadmill of content ppl have to clear in order to be somewhat competitive. They would have to rework lot of things for this game to be at all appealing to new players and I just dont see them doing it when CN is still doing pretty well.

The game is at a point where it no longer can be saved, the decisions company made with the game and with resource allocation(stupidly small staff) its just too late to change things. Ppl have given up on the game and company and this is a direct consequence of how the game has been managed. You could always argue to make an attempt but it would cost money and this is a business, not a charity. With low chance of success even if they were to do all the right decisions there is just no point for the company to do anything but maintain the game the best they can with seemingly no resources allocated into it.

I kinda agree with the last para.
    It doesn't happen in a flash and obviously there is money involved.
  • mysticblue#1834
    edited May 2019
  • glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    glay4fun wrote: »
    "Dear PWI Community,

With the recent events involving the disabling of multi-clienting, we understand that you are upset.
    Please understand that these measures were necessary – but – are also temporary, as your ability to multi-client will be fully restored once the developers return from Chinese New Year.

In the meantime, we ask for your support as we want nothing more than for you to resume your normal gameplay activities.

Thank you for understanding.

-The PWI Crew"

When are Chinese returning from theyr new year holiday? Its allmost summer...

mayby in 2019 lol

Nope still not ;/

• laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    [/quote]

mayby in 2019 lol[/quote]

Nope still not ;/

[/quote]

u can actually do it ...force quit arc client thro taskmanager ...wait some time then slap it on again with different account...i havent tried it but i heard that how it works ....i hope i dun get bananas for leaking that info :/
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    USA - Dawn Glory Server 06:00 Server time nobody able to relog accounts. ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    is this still not working? and i think there is a problem when relogging/switching accounts it keeps disconnecting i think i got the pw right but i'll check on the main site again cause i can't log in at all
  • lucentbleed
    lucentbleed Posts: 13 Arc User
    at least player should be allowed to recycle the same client window, like they do with Neverwinter.
  • hdoggy
    hdoggy Posts: 28 Arc User
    lol "temporarily"
  • athenian
    edited December 2019
    hdoggy wrote: »
    lol "temporarily"

Patience man... Patience...
    It's not even 2 years since they temporarily locked it down... Give em some time...
    You youngsters want everything "now"... :)
  • athenian
    Btw... I wonder - who are still playing the game under current conditions ?
  • hdoggy
    hdoggy Posts: 28 Arc User
    hdoggy wrote: »
    lol "temporarily"

Patience man... Patience...
    It's not even 2 years since they temporarily locked it down... Give em some time...
    You youngsters want everything "now"... :)
    Feels great to be called a "youngster", even if you were being facetious. I've recently been called my bestie's father. :D
  • recreater#6361
    recreater#6361 Posts: 1 Arc User
    You can just go in program files x86. Find the perfect world folder. Then find n open the element itself
  • athenian
    edited January 2020
    You can just go in program files x86. Find the perfect world folder. Then find n open the element itself

for multiclienting ? It doesn't work. This is how "it used to work for years" and that's what they locked and we can't logon more than 1 char..

• docmartini
    docmartini Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I haven't followed this entire discussion, and maybe this was covered or against the rules, but it is possible to multi-client by logging out of the Arc Client (not PW), log into another account, and open PW from the Arc Client again. Am I missing something?
  • dawnsilver10
    dawnsilver10 Posts: 52 Arc User
    docmartini wrote: »
    I haven't followed this entire discussion, and maybe this was covered or against the rules, but it is possible to multi-client by logging out of the Arc Client (not PW), log into another account, and open PW from the Arc Client again. Am I missing something?
    I am not sure if that is intended, but it appears to happen only, if you run the 64-bit client. As it prompts another window, which reminds you, that you can switch back to 32-bit, if you want. If you use 32-bit client, because you got 32-bit windows, you won't get that. Not sure if it is intended like that,but it seems bugged. Also if you DC then, you wont be able to log back in for like 10 or 15 minutes until the game recognizes, that there is no connection. The prompt, that you can log back in won't appear as well. But this is perfect material for logging in as many accounts as you like, as you don't have to close arc via task manager.

• kaalindraa
    kaalindraa Posts: 13 Arc User
    Do you want everyone to keep shopping? So fix it now, because as long as it is like that, I at least won't put a penny in this game
  • kaalindraa
    kaalindraa Posts: 13 Arc User
    Honestly, I've never used the multi client, but I've always bought stuff from some players.
    Now, can I not even do that anymore? Well, I'll keep playing because I like what I do here, but don't expect me to spend a single coin on this game again.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    kaalindraa wrote: »
    Honestly, I've never used the multi client, but I've always bought stuff from some players.
    Now, can I not even do that anymore? Well, I'll keep playing because I like what I do here, but don't expect me to spend a single coin on this game again.

why you cant buy stuff from other players anymore? lol
  • den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    PWE still didn't fixed the multi client issue, but we all knew that.
    at least it thought me to never spend a single dollar on anything related to PWE again.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    den28nl wrote: »
    PWE still didn't fixed the multi client issue, but we all knew that.
    at least it thought me to never spend a single dollar on anything related to PWE again.

You can multi element client through launching PW from ARC client one time per account logged in.