Archer Opening PK Skills

Comments

• Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i dont run. i just take the gank as it comes, right after i kill them, they invariably call fac members or groupies and come x v 1 me.

Also, the "preoccupied" argument is valid, but only if they're squishy. And even then, there is AD. If you see a blood red archer point Take Aim at you (though i dont open with take aim) you have a while to react. It's not like i'm dropping down next to people with IG/Antistun > Demon Spark > **** either. I PK almost exclusively at Fac Dailies, and i try not to pk newbs when i'm not there. (If nobody else is at fac dailies, i whine in guild chat about how i dont get to pad my kill count.) I dont shy away from fights i'm not likely to win, and i do take on people i cant really beat (for practice).

i tend to start out with a stun, though it's probably bad form.

On venos, starting with a normal hit or demon quickshot is nice, followed by a stun to stop their stun. If they have a nix, it may be a good idea to start out with sta (when the nix is close to the veno)(hit the veno and the nix with a phys aoe that doesnt take 2 sparks.), followed by an antistun, kill nix, kill veno. There are HA venos. (and wizzies, and clerics, and psys.) if your pdmg sucked, you may be facing one of these.

Archers, i like to enter their range with holy path/EA, stun them right off the bat or hit, then stun, shoot once after stun, then Condor (if i didnt use EA, or because i dont want to take consecutive crits to the face, tyvm.)

BMs, Quickshot, hit -personal preference- (test phy dmg. if they phy marrow,(fail) i lol and use metal). They inevitably antistun and come at you. You want you antistun on before they're close enough to OI. Kill with metal.

Sins are pretty easy if they're out of stealth and planning to stay there. You can play BM (run up with AE, OI them and fist them for lulz(and pray they die)) or you can treat them like archers. (antistun, stun, hit, condor.)

Barbs: charmed barbs can be a real pain if you dont get lucky with crits. Open with metal (dmg check) then stun (if they dont antistun first) metal some more, proceed like you would on a bm. (without having to watch the stuns so much)

Psys: Open with something that wont 1shot you if it gets reflected and crits(DONT be a tard and try to 1shot them with TA if that buff is on). Be prepared for their buffs.

Mage: Kill before they FoW. If they do FoW, kite, antistun, run back and kill them. Make sure you can take their dmg long enough to do that, you nab.

Cleric: Kill before they plume shell. Antistun so you dont get sleep, debuff tempested within 3 seconds. If you hit them, saw their hp was somewhat low, but they lived, you may want to try to metal kill them trough their shield. This involves tanking them for a while. Since everyone has 5k hp and 8jun now, you may have less trouble with the killing than you will with the tanking.

Seeker: No Exp.

Mystic: No Exp.
  • Dark_lord - Harshlands
    Dark_lord - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So... you killed a few at questing areas... and then run to sz? But yet you don't kill lowbies or white names. Seems like you are just trying to cover your *** there. The people who actually still do quests are lowbies and white names. No "experienced" player does quests outside of the occasional boredom or cults.

If pk for you is to ambush or attack preoccupied people... thats just really sad. But then again... this might be what harshland is all about... kill, run, hide, and repeat.

As long as we are clear... you have less kills then a carebear. So lets just call you a whinny bear.

Wow, um ok, your server must be different than mine. Because you OFTEN find red names trolling questing areas for RPKing. Whetstone Keep is a good example. It's that kind of area where you can find "fair" game, if such a thing exists in your opinion, outside of TW. Hurl whatever insults you want. I know who I am and how I play, and my conscience is clear. Stroke your kill count epeen toward someone who cares. All I was trying to do is give the OP some advice on skills that I, in my extremely inexperienced opinion, have worked well for me in the past. Sorry OP for trying to give you advice on pk skills, I'm clearly not qualifed.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And even then, there is AD. If you see a blood red archer point Take Aim at you (though i dont open with take aim) you have a while to react.

I believe both cultivations can do stun + take aim, if they have maxed those skills, which leaves their target with only genie skills to react with.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I believe both cultivations can do stun + take aim, if they have maxed those skills, which leaves their target with only genie skills to react with. (A Demon needs to end their take aim early though, so this might not be very effective for a demon, unless their blazing arrow is hot.)

No one needs to end their take aim early if it follows stun.

Demon: 3.5 second stun / 2.5 second channel + .6 second cast take aim
    Sage: 4.5 second stun / 3 second channel + .6 second cast take aim

Wow, um ok, your server must be different than mine. Because you OFTEN find red names trolling questing areas for RPKing. Whetstone Keep is a good example. It's that kind of area where you can find "fair" game, if such a thing exists in your opinion, outside of TW. Hurl whatever insults you want. I know who I am and how I play, and my conscience is clear. Stroke your kill count epeen toward someone who cares. All I was trying to do is give the OP some advice on skills that I, in my extremely inexperienced opinion, have worked well for me in the past. Sorry OP for trying to give you advice on pk skills, I'm clearly not qualifed.

Of course you are not qualified. For an 8x archer to pk at whetstone keep... isn't that a 6x/7x area. Right off the bat you are already aiming for people of LOWER level. Unlike you... I can stroke my epeen from killing people of SAME level.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    No one needs to end their take aim early if it follows stun.

Demon: 3.5 second stun / 2.5 second channel + .6 second cast take aim
    Sage: 4.5 second stun / 3 second channel + .6 second cast take aim

You are right.

I have got to stop making math mistakes. :/
  • Zorsha - Harshlands
    Zorsha - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Of course you are not qualified. For an 8x archer to pk at whetstone keep... isn't that a 6x/7x area. Right off the bat you are already aiming for people of LOWER level. Unlike you... I can stroke my epeen from killing people of SAME level.

<sigh>

Ok, I apologize if you are unable to understand what I'm saying. Allow me to try and state it in more simple terms.

I do not go to Whetstone Keep to pk people questing in that area. I go there because on Harshlands you can frequently find REDNAME players RPKing in that zone. They are often higher than me but it feels good killing a REDNAME who is ganking a zone for easy kills. They're sometimes in small squads or pairs so yes, I'll admit to flying to a SZ if I have too many opponents, Guardian Charms aren't cheap and I'm not going to bind sub 99 gear or i'll lose the resale value.

But I'm sure you'll find something smarta$$ to say to the above. The simple fact is you believe you are the God of PWI, that you carry around the Tablet with the 10 Commandments, and that your **** doesn't stink.

And yes, there is a reason my kill count is so low. I don't pk often. I'm a casual player that enjoys leveling several alts and I don't whoracle or hyper FC. I have a full time job, 3 kids, and a wife who aggros if I play when she's home and awake.

There is no a$$ covering or conspiracy theories here. I'm too old for that ****. So please Kiyoshi, do not jump to false conclusions and lose the grudge you hold against PK servers. It's not necessary and I only mentioned it because I honestly do not know if things are different on your server. Did the term "carebear" set you off? My apologies if it did. I do not use the term in a derogatory way. That term has been around since I played on the Darktide Server Asheron's Call.
    Werewolf barb 63
    Pimp_Hand bm 69
    Malekith sin 75
    Luna_Glade cleric 61
    Mr_Spock wiz 66
    Dark_Lord archer 80
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't have a grudge against PK servers but I have a grudge against HL because of posts/people like ^

QQ more and play on a carebear server if you take offense. Harshlands is PK, i've been pk'd MANY times while questing. Worst was when I was soloing Yan the Traitor had him down to about 1/2 and a sin popped stealth and killed me. You don't fking know me so you can take your judgement and shove it up your a$$. I don't attack white names and I certainly don't jump people 50 levels lower. But go ahead and read more into what I said than is really there.
    What did you expect people would think if you use the word carebear like that? You even tagged QQ on top of it LOL. You spew attitude until you realize your statements don't add up and suddenly it's noooess you don't understand me, I have a family and a life (seriously who doesn't?). LOOOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Zorsha - Harshlands
    Zorsha - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Um, I didn't "spew" anything until he jumped my **** with "fail archer in the making" or whatever the hell it was when all I was trying to do was to do was answer the OP's question. His 1st post on the topic had nothing constructive at all to do with the OP's questions. It was merely jumping to false conclusions about who I pk. I understand I'm a relatively new poster so you 100+ folks have to stick together and all. But at least pull your holier than thou heads out of your a$$es and actually READ what someone else types.

If Kiyoshi had something to say about my skill choice in pvp that would have been perfectly fine and a legitimate discussion. But no, it was "fail archer with less kills than me hahaha".
    Seriously? And you're defending that?

I fail to see where anything I've said does "not add up".

Yea, I guess my use of the carebear term was stated in anger over his accusations that I pk people 50 lvls lower and I'm a fail archer in the making.

But I guess he's allowed to do that right and get away with it cause he's over 100?

Wow...
    Werewolf barb 63
    Pimp_Hand bm 69
    Malekith sin 75
    Luna_Glade cleric 61
    Mr_Spock wiz 66
    Dark_Lord archer 80
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Um, I didn't "spew" anything until he jumped my **** with "fail archer in the making" or whatever the hell it was when all I was trying to do was to do was answer the OP's question. His 1st post on the topic had nothing constructive at all to do with the OP's questions. It was merely jumping to false conclusions about who I pk. I understand I'm a relatively new poster so you 100+ folks have to stick together and all. But at least pull your holier than thou heads out of your a$$es and actually READ what someone else types.

If Kiyoshi had something to say about my skill choice in pvp that would have been perfectly fine and a legitimate discussion. But no, it was "fail archer with less kills than me hahaha".
    Seriously? And you're defending that?

I fail to see where anything I've said does "not add up".

Yea, I guess my use of the carebear term was stated in anger over his accusations that I pk people 50 lvls lower and I'm a fail archer in the making.

But I guess he's allowed to do that right and get away with it cause he's over 100?

Wow...
    Um, no, you busted out your LOLmyserveristheshetcuzit'spvp card and I think it's dumb. What I said really has nothing to do with Kiyoshi so I don't know where you got this sticking together **** from. I mean everyone and their dog is 100+, and I sure as heck aren't gonna stick up for all those random people LOL. I think you're just using his level as an excuse because your low level is a sore spot or something. That's really hilarious. Should I post on my level 10 alt to make you feel better? No? Stop pinning your problems on other people's levels then. I wasn't defending Kiyoshi (LOL where the heck did you get that from? Insecurities?), I was ridiculing you. There is a big difference.

Really, you should be the LAST person to be lecturing about jumping to conclusions the way you're posting. Wow indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    But I'm sure you'll find something smarta$$ to say to the above. The simple fact is you believe you are the God of PWI, that you carry around the Tablet with the 10 Commandments, and that your **** doesn't stink.

Compare to certain perople on these forums... I AM A GOD. And whatever I say goes... especially when 99% of the people here are too chicken to do anything about it.
    And yes, there is a reason my kill count is so low. I don't pk often. I'm a casual player that enjoys leveling several alts and I don't whoracle or hyper FC. I have a full time job, 3 kids, and a wife who aggros if I play when she's home and awake.

If you or anyone want to call me a carebear... you better damn make sure you have more kills then I do. I am not about to let some punk with less then 10% of my kill counts throw his two ounze of weight around.

Congrad that you have a life outside of the game. Do you want a medal or something. I too have a full time job, a girlfriend outside and in the game, and an aesthor to take care of on top of that. Even with all of that... my alt is still probably (definently) better geared and leveled then your main. Its not about how much time you spend on anything... its about how efficient you spend it.

Um, I didn't "spew" anything until he jumped my **** with "fail archer in the making" or whatever the hell it was when all I was trying to do was to do was answer the OP's question.

There are "real" archers that can break a bm's chain stun at point blank range and kill the said bm. There are also archers that will let you know they are coming and pwn you regardless. But here you are... talking about attacking people in questing areas and then hide out in sz after every few kills. I mean... really?

Being 100 have nothing to do with anything. I get to do whatever I want cause I have the balls/skills/gears to back up whatever I say. The are more level 100s on the server then I have arrows. And 90% of them aren't worth the arrow (not the singular here) that I kill them with.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Congrad that you have a life outside of the game. Do you want a medal or something. I too have a full time job, a girlfriend outside and in the game, and an aesthor to take care of on top of that. Even with all of that... my alt is still probably (definently) better geared and leveled then your main. Its not about how much time you spend on anything... its about how efficient you spend it.

Excuse me? Where's my R9 bow? I'll even take care of the refines and gems myself, but that doesn't help if you don't give me a bow to refine. u_u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Compare to certain perople on these forums... I AM A GOD. And whatever I say goes... especially when 99% of the people here are too chicken to do anything about it.

Except for that silly typo where you spelled the word backwards?

b:chuckle
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Open with a stun then auto atk. UNLESS you have demon QS. In that case... Stun -> QS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Aww you people so mean to each other.

QS -> Stun or Stun -> QS?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Agatio - Harshlands
    Agatio - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Most likely:

If arcane:
    QS -> Stun -> Auto attack

If HA:
    Sharp -> QS -> take 40% hp, Wings of Grace -> tick charm -> Lightning Strike, Thunderous Blast, Thunder Shock, Lightning Strike

for LA it depends on their gear
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Kiyoshi has an Aesthor irl? Soo lucky
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Triple spark duh!
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Opening skills for an archer depend on who your fighting.

Most times you want to open with Sharpened Tooth if they dont have you targeted. Reducing HP helps getting past charms - especially if their heavy. Demon version also increases crit rate by 10%.

If your opponite is channeling a spell open with stunning arrow.

If a BM is running towards you without his anti-stun use aim-low.

If they're a psychic then check whether or not they have Soul of Retaliation up. If they do, never open with stunning arrow or sharpened tooth, or any skill that casts a debuff except for purge. Shoot them with an arrow to break it before casting any specific skills.

If they have soulburn up and they're rank 9 heavily refined, just dont attack for 8 seconds if they're demon or 10 seconds if they're sage.

If they have soulburn up but are non-factors quickshot (demon) or sharp-tooth and hit until they realize whats happening. Then use stunning arrow.

If the psychic has you on target simply run. Chances are they have Soul of Retaliation up and Soulburn. It would be stupid to fight them.

Also if your fighting people of equal gear don't do stupid things like use extreme poison on your genie as the second move after your opener. Its not going to help you if they're charmed.

Against sins your opening skill should be Absolute Domain - you will never have the first strike unless you're in group PvP.
  • alk0h0lik
    alk0h0lik Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I really don't need to use anything other than stun arrow and quick shot against anything other than HA's. Against HA's I love switching to Deicides and punching them to death... as long as i have a triple spark.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    If they're a psychic then check whether or not they have Soul of Retaliation up. If they do, never open with stunning arrow or sharpened tooth, or any skill that casts a debuff except for purge. Shoot them with an arrow to break it before casting any specific skills.

If they have soulburn up and they're rank 9 heavily refined, just dont attack for 8 seconds if they're demon or 10 seconds if they're sage.

If they have soulburn up but are non-factors quickshot (demon) or sharp-tooth and hit until they realize whats happening. Then use stunning arrow.

If the psychic has you on target simply run. Chances are they have Soul of Retaliation up and Soulburn. It would be stupid to fight them.

If you are PvPing with a psychic, I think you should never get close enough to be Soulburned. Psychics have all sorts of powerful skills that they can land on you if you let them get close.

And, if you have enough range, I think aim low can be an acceptable debuff, even against a psychic with Soul of Retaliation up. Stun can also be acceptable, if you have prepared properly.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Excuse me? Where's my R9 bow? I'll even take care of the refines and gems myself, but that doesn't help if you don't give me a bow to refine. u_u

As soon as you make me that home cooked five course meal. Preferably before I forget my gold account's pass. Already forgot it once a few weeks ago... hope I won't forget it for good anytime soon.
    Kiyoshi has an Aesthor irl? Soo lucky

Until the dreaded monthly pms... then its all hell breaks loose.

And for those nub archers who is actually taking the **** written on here seriously... don't. As a good rule of thumb... never take the advice of anyone under a verified level 100. PK isn't about what macro you active for certain classes. You need to get out there and get the feel of things. No two players is going to act alike... hence there is no formula to take them down. The best way to prepare for pk is to know you opponents' gear and refines... your opponents' skills and channel time... and know your damage. Such as... there is a difference between a phy marrow and mag marrow BM, plume shell and none plume shelled cleric, heavy/robe veno... etc. You don't use the same tactic on all of them just cause they are the same class. After a while... you'll know those who you can simply regular shot to death, those that'll need some improvisation, and those that'll be stupid to fight one on one.

• Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And for those nub archers who is actually taking the **** written on here seriously... don't. As a good rule of thumb... never take the advice of anyone under a verified level 100. PK isn't about what macro you active for certain classes. You need to get out there and get the feel of things. No two players is going to act alike... hence there is no formula to take them down. The best way to prepare for pk is to know you opponents' gear and refines... your opponents' skills and channel time... and know your damage. Such as... there is a difference between a phy marrow and mag marrow BM, plume shell and none plume shelled cleric, heavy/robe veno... etc. You don't use the same tactic on all of them just cause they are the same class. After a while... you'll know those who you can simply regular shot to death, those that'll need some improvisation, and those that'll be stupid to fight one on one.

TL;DR version b:mischievous

Knowledge is Power, something a lot of wanna be pro PK'ers havent aquired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    TL;DR version b:mischievous

Knowledge is Power, something a lot of wanna be pro PK'ers havent aquired

Which means +1 kill count for me when they try and attack me. b:laugh
    edited April 2011
    Until the dreaded monthly pms... then its all hell breaks loose.

I wouldnt mind an Aesthor...pass it over!
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Why am I being discussed as though I were an item of some sort? ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Can I have a piece of that Aesthor thing as well ?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    GG the mods are doing it too D: I hate you Kiyo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited April 2011
    GG the mods are doing it too D: I hate you Kiyo

Lies... I bet you two are playing 'Stormrage Eagleon' irl right now b:sin
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTB> Aesthor. PM price and amount.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    WTB> Aesthor's soiled panties

PM price and amount.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty