DQ Rewards (resolved) / Facebook Connect Issue (resolved)

Options

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ROFL OMG LMAO

That is stupidly hilarious. I am to the point of histerics at this guy on page one.

He aparently believes he's a customer. See now, ain't that a damn shame.

Here's a fact. No one here is a customer by definition. If you/I/we spend money on this game you are actually a doner, not a customer. Everytime you exchange your cash for zen you get nothing. As per the terms of service, everything is owned by PWE. Our characters and our accounts don't belong to us. Period.

That is why you can't legally sell your account. It does not belong to you therefore, you cannot sell it to make a profit. One more time, your account does not belong to you. I know right, it feels like it does it acts like it does. The fact is it isn't, nor will it ever be yours.

Illegal; against the rules
    Example: selling your account, beating the filter, dual client, hacking.....

Unlawful; against the law
    Example: murder, robbing a liquor store, starting a riot.....

Some of you people crack me up with your delusional thinking. Hey, I cash shop too, but don't fool yourselves. At least keep it real with yourself.

Wow, you just... Uh, stopping there, don't want to get banned.

Let me see... I purchased Zhen from PWI in 2008 (yes, purchased). I then exchanged that Zhen for an Israfel. That occurred just 2 weeks after they first came out in the Boutique. I spent more upgrading it to the fastest it could be, some with Zhen > wind widgets, the last upgrade was Coins > Wind widgets.

However, I still own that Israfel. It is still equipped, after ~3 years, on my Veno.

By definition, if I donated the money to them, I would have... Nothing.

Don't kid yourself. We BUY products and services from PWI; They may be virtual, but they are still considered such. Otherwise, you would put your mom's credit card in, and get no Zhen. Some little Chinese man in wherever would see your donation, and randomly give you something he would deem you worthy of, or you would get a set gift for each contribution level, which was non-refundable, not exchangeable, and probably a virtual teddy-bear (this is referred to as a Gift; a reward for donating).

See, I worked for a business that helped non-profits re-sign members whom had lapsed, or if they didn't want to renew, do a 2-3 question survey as to why they weren't renewing (partly to get them to reconsider). We constantly offered them gifts from the non-profit or charity to donate, or renew.

PWI is a business. Not a charity.

Get of your high horse and stop being Yulk-like.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    These idiots are still saying we aren't customers?

I stopped paying attention to that after the first few pages...

Anyways, how the hell did the devs BREAK dqrewards again?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Anyways, how the hell did the devs BREAK dqrewards again?

Apparently the clocks changed time and they were in a pre-G.-W.-Bush world. b:shutup
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Apparently the clocks changed time and they were in a pre-G.-W.-Bush world. b:shutup

Lol. I am pleased with that response.
  • Matmos - Lost City
    Matmos - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thanx for posting frankie, hope we get those stuff as soon as possible b:victory
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ROFL OMG LMAO

That is stupidly hilarious. I am to the point of histerics at this guy on page one.

He aparently believes he's a customer. See now, ain't that a damn shame.

Here's a fact. No one here is a customer by definition. If you/I/we spend money on this game you are actually a doner, not a customer. Everytime you exchange your cash for zen you get nothing. As per the terms of service, everything is owned by PWE. Our characters and our accounts don't belong to us. Period.

That is why you can't legally sell your account. It does not belong to you therefore, you cannot sell it to make a profit. One more time, your account does not belong to you. I know right, it feels like it does it acts like it does. The fact is it isn't, nor will it ever be yours.

Illegal; against the rules
    Example: selling your account, beating the filter, dual client, hacking.....

Unlawful; against the law
    Example: murder, robbing a liquor store, starting a riot.....

Some of you people crack me up with your delusional thinking. Hey, I cash shop too, but don't fool yourselves. At least keep it real with yourself.

So by your logic I'm also not a customer of netflix, the cellphone company, the cable company, the restaurant where I ate dinner last night, etc.

I am a customer of PWI. The good/or service I am paying for is called ENTERTAINMENT.
  • Kantara - Raging Tide
    Kantara - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Does anyone have an idea, yet, as to when the DQ system will be up?
    Thank you
    b:thanks
  • Lavrena - Archosaur
    Lavrena - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jones Blessing and DQ rewards system should be back up tonight after maintenance or tomorrow morning-- hopefully downtime will not be longer than that.

I guess this is answer you were looking for, Kantara.
  • dragonzvoid
    dragonzvoid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Costumer not a customer neither really matters everyone accepted their terms of service or wouldn't be playing. If you accepted without reading thats your bad. Fact is they can stop the game in the next second and most wouldn't have anything but cc bills and screenshots to show for it and nothing can be said since plainly states all accounts are property of pwe.

And back to what threads really about any idea when dq and fconnect will be back up and running?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Costumer not a customer neither really matters everyone accepted their terms of service or wouldn't be playing. If you accepted without reading thats your bad. Fact is they can stop the game in the next second and most wouldn't have anything but cc bills and screenshots to show for it and nothing can be said since plainly states all accounts are property of pwe.

I don't know where costumes come into this, but it's the same thing with any service: if there are unforeseen circumstances, they aren't obligated to continue providing service. Re-read your cable/telephone/internet/cell/etc. provider's terms of service again. b:victory

PWE just states it more explicitly that they may go bankrupt providing something free to play, if people stop paying. b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • CHOBITS - Dreamweaver
    CHOBITS - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I take it they didnt manage to fix it still ?
    Whenever I go to the DQ page i get sent to the "Coming Soon please check the forum..."
    b:surrender
  • tyler199
    tyler199 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think, he meant consumer.
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I take it they didnt manage to fix it still ?
    Whenever I go to the DQ page i get sent to the "Coming Soon please check the forum..."
    b:surrender
    its a good thing that the page is closed. it means they are workin on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    <sarcasm>Pretty upsetting when everyone that stocked on these blessings get to have +30 attack levels for months, and not have to worry about a Facebook Connect issue. Next time these come up, I'll be exploiting the glitches on these bad boys as much as possible. That way, if the Facebook Connect goes down again, I'll have x9000 more blessings, and not have to worry. Then while everyone else QQs about not having it, I can pwn them w/ my super awesome +30 attack level blessing.</sarcasm>

Seriously though... All the players that exploited that quest log/mailbox glitch now have unlimited amounts, while the players that didn't want to exploit the glitch get the shaft.
  • tyler199
    tyler199 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    <sarcasm>Pretty upsetting when everyone that stocked on these blessings get to have +30 attack levels for months, and not have to worry about a Facebook Connect issue. Next time these come up, I'll be exploiting the glitches on these bad boys as much as possible. That way, if the Facebook Connect goes down again, I'll have x9000 more blessings, and not have to worry. Then while everyone else QQs about not having it, I can pwn them w/ my super awesome +30 attack level blessing.</sarcasm>

Seriously though... All the players that exploited that quest log/mailbox glitch now have unlimited amounts, while the players that didn't want to exploit the glitch get the shaft.

Since when does as many times as you want mean you cant do it all at once? Cause the post for them said as many times as we wanted. You were just too cheap to buy the stash stone and didnt want to fill up your own mail box. You gave your self the shaft.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tyler199 wrote: »
    Since when does as many times as you want mean you cant do it all at once? Cause the post for them said as many times as we wanted. You were just too cheap to buy the stash stone and didnt want to fill up your own mail box. You gave your self the shaft.

Hello,

The point I was making is should the playerbase exploit known glitches? I'm not even refering to using an account stash. I'm refering to the general idea of stacking Jones Blessing's in the mailbox. The account stash would be used to move those items from another toon on the same account. However, I'm refering to doing it on the toon you plan on using (no account stash involved).

Also, is what your saying... Players should fork over coin for an item to move Jones Blessing's from other toons, while exploiting this glitch, in an attempt to have more attack power than people that can't afford the account stash? What about the fact that they state it's a free item to be used for 6 days 24 hours? It's free, and no player should have to pay to get an account stash to use this free item.

Oh, and btw. I have an account stash. I have no need for it, but I did get one ages ago. My other toon (Lvl 100 BM), is on a seperate account. I have no other alts on my Barb's account, and no other alts on my BM's account. There isn't a point, and in all reality it was a unnecessary expense.

Before you say that it's not a "glitch", I must explain that the mailbox trick & quest log quick both are exploits. Before these issue's of Facebook Connect being down have came into play, when I would grab a Jone's Blessing, it would tell me I can't get another one (only one per day). When I removed the post it created on my Facebook profile, and logged out/back in on PW's website, I could get another Jone's Blessing (for my BM, which is set on the same Facebook account). The point is, although there are ways around it; the intention is for one Jone's Blessing per day. The general populous of players don't know about the quest log glitch, nor the mailbox glitch. It's a glitch/exploit, because it's intentionally taking the process of getting the item, and twisting it to the user's benefit, against the original set rules of one per day, created by Facebook Connect.

In my head it works like this... I see the people that didn't use the known exploit and/or buy an account stash. I see them being forced to use the attendance daily 30 minute blessing, while everyone who did exploit this known glitch walks away w/ as many blessings as they shoved into they're mailbox before this issue arose. So like I stated before; all the people that did take advantage of these blessings before by exploiting the system (in a sense), now have higher attack damage than the players that actually.. Ya know.. Followed the rules, and did what the good ol' Facebook Connect system told them to do (which is one blessing per day, per account. Assuming the account(s) are on different Facebook profiles).

In my mind this is wrong of a Company to do. If people can't get access to them, and people have them saved up; remove them completely from the game until there is a solution. But everyone has there own opinions. I won't fight people on what they believe is right, as that's what makes society quite unique.

Best of luck gaming! :)
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You tell them Tremble!

now, Frankie any word yet? the "will probably be up after maintenance" made alot of us happy, and now it still doesn't work :(
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey Frankie, do you guys need a web developer? I'm avail. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • InTheClouds - Raging Tide
    InTheClouds - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm honestly just glad they are attempting to fix it, when it's fixed it's fixed. There's no need in getting upset over these things, it's not going to make it be fixed faster. Everyone should chill. Be calm, and paitent!
    +-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-+
    |S||t||r||e||n||g||t||h| |T||h||r||o||u||g||h| |P||u||r||i||t||y|
    +-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-+
  • Jonest - Raging Tide
    Jonest - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey guys, it looks like the technical issues with the DQ system returned when we restarted the servers for Daylight Savings Time. We're working on this now. Thank you for your patience.

what b:shocked how can restarting the servers for Daylight Savings Time cause this problem?
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have like 5 chars that needs a new blessing b:cry

When was the last time it worked?
  • fuqthegovt
    fuqthegovt Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is why dst should be ignored, esp for computers that could care less what time it is. Does this mean it will be 6 months before this is fixed? b:angry
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    fuqthegovt wrote: »
    This is why dst should be ignored, esp for computers that could care less what time it is. Does this mean it will be 6 months before this is fixed? b:angry

Ignoring DST on the server would throw everything off. TW,Crazy Stone, All the other timed events and quest. The server would be telling you that something starts at one time and it would actually start an hour later.
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    taken me like 4 months and now i can get my R9 wep...... but NOOOOO the site is down. make sure to twist the dagger in my heart and pour some salt on it
  • halladaysin
    halladaysin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ignoring DST on the server would throw everything off. TW,Crazy Stone, All the other timed events and quest. The server would be telling you that something starts at one time and it would actually start an hour later.

imo every state do away with dst its kindof an outdated policy that used to benefit the rural lifestyles
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    imo every state do away with dst its kindof an outdated policy that used to benefit the rural lifestyles

Actually, it's quite the opposite. Farmers hate it. It "benefits" the urban/suburban, 9A-5P job set by shifting daylight to the evening leisure hours. Mostly it benefits retail establishments, with some *very* slight overall energy savings.
  • LordKeen - Archosaur
    LordKeen - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It seems that PWE don't care about Jones Blessing... for me it seems they will take the blessing off... b:angryb:cry
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually, it's quite the opposite. Farmers hate it. It "benefits" the urban/suburban, 9A-5P job set by shifting daylight to the evening leisure hours. Mostly it benefits retail establishments, with some *very* slight overall energy savings.

Still benefits the Amish. But I do agree it's outdated. I was made to conserve candles during the winter. Only people in a few states still use candles for main source of light.
    We have been doing DST for year and years. Doesn't hurt anything. Just once in a wile computer programmers cant get everything to work.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Still benefits the Amish. But I do agree it's outdated. I was made to conserve candles during the winter. Only people in a few states still use candles for main source of light.
    We have been doing DST for year and years. Doesn't hurt anything. Just once in a wile computer programmers cant get everything to work.

It tosses a huge, angry brick into my beauty sleep pattern, and makes me grumpy as hell for weeks. b:cry It needs to die a painful, GOP screaming death!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Some of the Amish communities ignore DST, and most of them are against it.
This discussion has been closed.