How's the Crimson vs Zulu going?

Comments

• Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The thing I never liked about some Zulu active pkers is that alot of times, if they managed to beat a group of people(lets say 3, while they have 5), most of the times they wont wait for other side to call back up and will leave the scene. Its like a girl that makes you super hard and just when you are about to do your work she says no and leaves the room. Maybe they do that cuz they are expecting to get beaten or zerged in the next round, but for ppl that really love to pvp, losing or winning is ok as long as there is some action and good pvp.
    What other legion? I'm talking about WHEN Zulu take the entire map. They should disband and reform when they take the map and give the server a fresh start TW-wise. God knows HL needs it at this point.

And as it stands now, no guild has a shot at taking Zulu down right now. They have proven that.

but what i dont think u have come to reliese yet kattoo is while no one is strong enough yet what makes u think they will be strong enough after a dis banned?

say we do take the map say we then disbanned what then we reform under a new tag?

but if we do that we will just roll tw again :S and the QQ circle of Zulu taking the map and its not fair will start again LOL
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    but what i dont think u have come to reliese yet kattoo is while no one is strong enough yet what makes u think they will be strong enough after a dis banned?

say we do take the map say we then disbanned what then we reform under a new tag?

but if we do that we will just roll tw again :S and the QQ circle of Zulu taking the map and its not fair will start again LOL

Zulu certainly have no obligation to disband and in some ways i'd like them to keep the map until someone stronger than them finally does manage to take it off them, which would probably happen eventually if they tried to hold onto the map. Then we could at least say that we beat them in the end lol.
    However, were I in zulu i'd want to disband, as then you go out of it having won everything. And tw would be more fun again in a reset map for zulu aswell as everyone else.
    After the reset, sure they should remake and we'll do it all over again. Maybe this time things will be different. Maybe not, but even if zulu reformed take the map again it wil still be more fun for everyone concerned.

And I wouldn't be so confident that a reformed zulu will take the map again. I'm sure you know better than I how many people in zulu will quit if zulu take the map and disband, but I imagine it's quite a few. All it takes is a few key people to leave the game or not join up to the new faction, and zulu reformed isn't zulu anymore.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    And I wouldn't be so confident that a reformed zulu will take the map again. I'm sure you know better than I how many people in zulu will quit if zulu take the map and disband, but I imagine it's quite a few. All it takes is a few key people to leave the game or not join up to the new faction, and zulu reformed isn't zulu anymore.

Not to compare PvE to PvP, but this happened on Dreamweaver. Calamity took the whole map in October and then promptly disbanded, though I am not sure it was a mutual decision. When Regenesis formed from the majority of Calamity members, they were expected to roll the map all over again. However, even in 1v1s, the larger factions have been able to hold off the attacks...

Just saying...
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Not to compare PvE to PvP, but this happened on Dreamweaver. Calamity took the whole map in October and then promptly disbanded, though I am not sure it was a mutual decision. When Regenesis formed from the majority of Calamity members, they were expected to roll the map all over again. However, even in 1v1s, the larger factions have been able to hold off the attacks...

Just saying...

^This.

Enrage just took HT map this past weekend. I would expect the same from them. Hopefully they make the right decision.

Anyway, Zulu disbanding would open up so many more possibilities for other guilds on HL and basically give HL a kick up the backside that is MUCH needed. You can't dispute that.

Be the man, Zulu. Revive a dead server.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Who says we should just disband and give everyone a freebie instead of making them work for it? Considering this has been in the making since the start of the server with pretty much the same core people. :3
    60 / 250.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Who says we should just disband and give everyone a freebie instead of making them work for it? Considering this has been in the making since the start of the server with pretty much the same core people. :3

What else is there to do in the game but start over? Seriously.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    I'm only allowed to take a certain amount of mirages every week and I have a lot of things to +7 still! Plus with the expansion around the corner and these 40vs40 TWs. Who knows. Maybe disbanding isn't the best idea.
    60 / 250.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dont troll us epic, nab.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    I'm only allowed to take a certain amount of mirages every week and I have a lot of things to +7 still! Plus with the expansion around the corner and these 40vs40 TWs. Who knows. Maybe disbanding isn't the best idea.

Don't make me smack you with my red purse, young man!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Wait, you're allowed to take mirages??

CORRUPTION!!! CORRUPTION IN MY FACTION!!

ARISE MY TUNNEL SNAKE BRETHREN! REVOLUCION!!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The point of resetting the map would be to give all factions interested in TW the chance to gain experience on a more equal playing field, so that way when Zulu 'rolls tw', there is actually a chance that they wont take the whole map, unlike now where its basically gift wrapped for them.. not to mention the fun factor in it all.

Also: How about dat snow?

2nd edit: About what blop is sayin'.. you gotta think if ching chong chang waka waka Kylin took the map, would peter or bankbustero reset the map? No they woudnt of. If Ligeia + Mali controlled Kingdom took the map would they have reset the map? Hell no, not after getting trolled to hell by Rome n iffy. Going farther back if the diick suck alliance Crimson + KD took the map, then Crimson started to assert themselves as the man in the relationship and took the map would they have reset it?? No. Just food for thought
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    The difference, is that the core of zulu is just much more relaxed then anyone else, and they know the fun that would ensue if they reset.
  • Wolfenblood - Harshlands
    Wolfenblood - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Good heavens! I just can't wait to witness the result of this conflict! will crimson win? or will zulu?
    heedless I the wandering wolf will always be rooting for the underdog, so hang in there crimson!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

still wandering after all these years! ;)b:victory
  • zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Good heavens! I just can't wait to witness the result of this conflict! will crimson win? or will zulu?
    heedless I the wandering wolf will always be rooting for the underdog, so hang in there crimson!

^

This thinking might be the root of the cause of the server-wide stupidity that clouds peoples' judgement with regards to Zulu. Crimson doesn't hold many lands. So the fact that Crimson RPKs more than Zulu is not important: blame it on Zulu.

Evil pro players. Can't you see that I hate that you've raised the bar for expected performance too high? Get the f*ck out, and LOWER YOUR STANDARDS FOR ME.
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
  • Korrok - Harshlands
    Korrok - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Should Zulu reset the map, Crimson will simply become the next superpower. People will flock to them and then they'll become New Zulu. No matter what happens, there's really just not enough incentive for new guilds to try and build up to TW. 1 week of free mirages is fantastic, but come on. :\
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    The point of resetting the map would be to give all factions interested in TW the chance to gain experience on a more equal playing field, so that way when Zulu 'rolls tw', there is actually a chance that they wont take the whole map, unlike now where its basically gift wrapped for them.. not to mention the fun factor in it all.

Let's be realistic here.

TW will always look like it does now. Why? Because the world is filled with people who would rather win the easy way, not the hard way. The fact that someone literally told Zulu to "be a man" and disband so others have a chance is living proof of this: why can't everyone else be a man and figure out how to beat us? Because that would be hard; Zulu disbanding and giving EVERYONE a free territory for a week would be easy.
    But that's just it: it would only be for a week.

Look at Valhalla. A fair % of the server's r9s have all gathered themselves in that guild. Am I saying they're befriending those that are as powerful as themselves to avoid difficult battles? No, I don't know their players so I have no idea if that's their motive. However, you can't tell me that if/when Crimson loses their last territory, Valhalla won't see a spike in guild applications from former Crimson members. You can't tell me that if Zulu were to disband completely, a bunch of people would go there.

I expect the pattern of one successful guild vs. one opposing force to continue indefinitely. Why? Because
    People jump ship all the time. Instead of fighting tough fights, they try to find ways to avoid them or stack the odds in their favor. Look at when the map was Crimson, Kylin and Zulu. Did we have a three-way fight? No, we had two guilds allying up to try and take out the other one. I mean, no offense to either guild, but that alliance was an absolute joke. What's the point in having an alliance if it DOESN'T EVEN BENEFIT YOU?? Crimson wasn't stacking wars onto Zulu to help out Kylin, and Crimson only delayed the inevitable by NOT fighting against Kylin; all they did was DELAY fights with Zulu, not stop them. And yet, that ridiculous alliance survived until the end. Why? Because Crimson wanted to avoid a tough fight and Kylin wanted help with one. Kylin never did get that help and Crimson has to face the music now.

So even if Crimson, Zulu, Valhalla and every other major guild were to disband tomorrow, you can bet they would eventually reform into one superior guild and one opposing force. The strong recognize those as strong as them and team up with them instead of fighting a difficult fight against them, others will constantly flock to the stronger force, and the rest get left behind. It's just how it works. Go check all the other server maps and you'll struggle to find a single one that isn't just two guilds fighting each other with one being the clear winner.

The last peak of TW competition we saw was, imo, when Kylin and Zulu were in a stalemate, when they went a month or two without either of them taking land. There we had two equal forces battling it out, until one finally overcame. After that, Kylin just went downhill from there, and I'm sure part of the reason they went down is because a fair amount of their members just naturally started jumping ship the moment a leak in the ship could be seen; no one wants to be the one to fix the leak, everyone wants to be the one to escape with their life, and this is why we very rarely see new, powerful guilds develop.

If anything, I think Zulu staying together would force better PVP on the server. It would force Zulu's opponents to improve, increasing the level of skill and strategy used by both Zulu and their opponents. A free-for-all style TW map though? That's a fantasy. That sort of thing will only happen if we manage to get a handful of leaders/guilds who hate the hell out of each other and refuse to ally, with no CLEAR winner among them.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Let's be realistic here.

TW will always look like it does now. Why? Because the world is filled with people who would rather win the easy way, not the hard way. The fact that someone literally told Zulu to "be a man" and disband so others have a chance is living proof of this: why can't everyone else be a man and figure out how to beat us? Because that would be hard; Zulu disbanding and giving EVERYONE a free territory for a week would be easy.
    But that's just it: it would only be for a week.

Look at Valhalla. A fair % of the server's r9s have all gathered themselves in that guild. Am I saying they're befriending those that are as powerful as themselves to avoid difficult battles? No, I don't know their players so I have no idea if that's their motive. However, you can't tell me that if/when Crimson loses their last territory, Valhalla won't see a spike in guild applications from former Crimson members. You can't tell me that if Zulu were to disband completely, a bunch of people would go there.

I expect the pattern of one successful guild vs. one opposing force to continue indefinitely. Why? Because
    People jump ship all the time. Instead of fighting tough fights, they try to find ways to avoid them or stack the odds in their favor. Look at when the map was Crimson, Kylin and Zulu. Did we have a three-way fight? No, we had two guilds allying up to try and take out the other one. I mean, no offense to either guild, but that alliance was an absolute joke. What's the point in having an alliance if it DOESN'T EVEN BENEFIT YOU?? Crimson wasn't stacking wars onto Zulu to help out Kylin, and Crimson only delayed the inevitable by NOT fighting against Kylin; all they did was DELAY fights with Zulu, not stop them. And yet, that ridiculous alliance survived until the end. Why? Because Crimson wanted to avoid a tough fight and Kylin wanted help with one. Kylin never did get that help and Crimson has to face the music now.

So even if Crimson, Zulu, Valhalla and every other major guild were to disband tomorrow, you can bet they would eventually reform into one superior guild and one opposing force. The strong recognize those as strong as them and team up with them instead of fighting a difficult fight against them, others will constantly flock to the stronger force, and the rest get left behind. It's just how it works. Go check all the other server maps and you'll struggle to find a single one that isn't just two guilds fighting each other with one being the clear winner.

The last peak of TW competition we saw was, imo, when Kylin and Zulu were in a stalemate, when they went a month or two without either of them taking land. There we had two equal forces battling it out, until one finally overcame. After that, Kylin just went downhill from there, and I'm sure part of the reason they went down is because a fair amount of their members just naturally started jumping ship the moment a leak in the ship could be seen; no one wants to be the one to fix the leak, everyone wants to be the one to escape with their life, and this is why we very rarely see new, powerful guilds develop.

If anything, I think Zulu staying together would force better PVP on the server. It would force Zulu's opponents to improve, increasing the level of skill and strategy used by both Zulu and their opponents. A free-for-all style TW map though? That's a fantasy. That sort of thing will only happen if we manage to get a handful of leaders/guilds who hate the hell out of each other and refuse to ally, with no CLEAR winner among them.

Very well said. I also believe that Zulu disbanding wont be the best way to deal with things, will be far more interesting to see for how long can Zulu holds those lands for.
    The guild that will be able to beat Zulu will certainly be the next one to take the map and surely alot of Zulu members will jump ship once again to the winning side.

If Zulu disbands, alot of people will make small guilds and try to get a land but barely anyone will try to make a guild organized enough to be the next strongest. The presence of something stronger is important, because you can aim to overcome that and take it to the next level.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Ok. The only time PvP was 'good' on this server was at the beginning - like the first 6- 8 months. That was before packs came out. Before BHs etc. Everyone had the same **** gear and the map looked like someone ate crayons and pooped out a rainbow. It was a glorious time and guess what? There was no Zulu.

PvP will never be that good again as long as most of the active PvPers are all in the same guild.

Disband when the time comes and stir shet up again. You would be amazed at how much enthusiasm could be gained with a clean map. You might even get some of the old school HL players back. It's worth a shot, IMO.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Let's be realistic here.

TW will always look like it does now. Why? Because the world is filled with people who would rather win the easy way, not the hard way.

Lol I stopped here. Look at your app section for the past few months. It's filled with those people.

No I don't want Zulu to disband. If they take the map and goes "goodbye", it'll just be like them in PK, rushes and wins once then leaves.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Very well said. I also believe that Zulu disbanding wont be the best way to deal with things, will be far more interesting to see for how long can Zulu holds those lands for.
    The guild that will be able to beat Zulu will certainly be the next one to take the map and surely alot of Zulu members will jump ship once again to the winning side.

If Zulu disbands, alot of people will make small guilds and try to get a land but barely anyone will try to make a guild organized enough to be the next strongest. The presence of something stronger is important, because you can aim to overcome that and take it to the next level.

Actually im pretty sure that the remaining core of zulu would never join crimson, dream onb:bye
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Longknife hit it on the head essentially, even if Zulu does disband, it will be a temporary fix. A new guild will rise from the ashes of it, and it will be with the same people. People need to essentially accept the fact that the core of zulu, the ones playing with eachother since the beggining of the server, will most likely hold the most powerfull guild.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Longknife hit it on the head essentially, even if Zulu does disband, it will be a temporary fix. A new guild will rise from the ashes of it, and it will be with the same people. People need to essentially accept the fact that the core of zulu, the ones playing with eachother since the beggining of the server, will most likely hold the most powerfull guild.

Until another force learns to beat them at their own game.

So someone do that, lulz. Stop dreaming about Zulu disbanding and the world being filled with sunshine and rainbows and gnomes who ***** glitter and you're the hero and the greatest ever and everyone gives you head for saving the server...

And just beat Zulu instead.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    It seems your time used to insult other legions, could be better spent leading yours.

Insulting? I'm just stating the fact, or are you saying that the ones joined Zulu recently were there to fight for the underdog?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    until Another Force Learns To Beat Them At Their Own Game.

So Someone Do That, Lulz. Stop Dreaming About Zulu Disbanding And The World Being Filled With Sunshine And Rainbows And Gnomes Who ***** Glitter And You're The Hero And The Greatest Ever And Everyone Gives You Head For Saving The Server...

And Just Beat Zulu Instead.

+1. Qft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Honestly PWi is no challenge at all anymore. 5vs5 @LoL, get at us to find out who is truly skilled!
    60 / 250.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Until another force learns to beat them at their own game.

So someone do that, lulz. Stop dreaming about Zulu disbanding and the world being filled with sunshine and rainbows and gnomes who ***** glitter and you're the hero and the greatest ever and everyone gives you head for saving the server...

And just beat Zulu instead.

I give up. If you guys want to continue to play with your head up your bums, that's your choice.

The majority of the well-geared, active PvPers with TW experience are all in the same guild. How is that beatable?

A split would give much more TIME to have fun with the map, but I forgot that most of HL has no sense of humour or fun.

Good luck.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    I give up. If you guys want to continue to play with your head up your bums, that's your choice.

The majority of the well-geared, active PvPers with TW experience are all in the same guild. How is that beatable?

A split would give much more TIME to have fun with the map, but I forgot that most of HL has no sense of humour or fun.

Good luck.

As I've said before, any claim that "Crimson/Zulu has better gear than Zulu/Crimson" is absolute nonsense. No one knows this.

I can tell you their Psys are better geared than ours. I'm fairly certain they have more r9s. Not trying to say they have better geared players on average, but what I am saying is that the "they cash shop more" line is such a tired, worn-out bullsh!t excuse. It's so easy to make that claim because no one can prove it wrong and it's such a comfortable excuse for people to use. It's basically saying "I'm obviously the best player with god-like skill and strategy, but even MY skill has it's limits when it comes to Cash shopped opponents." It's -THE- excuse that allows people to admit defeat without actually damaging their ego.

Is Zulu more experienced in TW? Yes, by a mile.
    Is Zulu more active in PVP than Crimson? Hell no, I get ganked every day.
    And do we cash shop more? No one knows, nor will we ever know.

Having said that, I'd love to hear you actually defend your stance instead of just claiming everyone who disagrees with your opinion has their head up their bums. If Zulu were to disband, your bliss wouldn't last but a mere two weeks. I hardly see how disbanding is worth such a short-term benefit.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    I've typed my 'stance' repeatedly but you and most others aren't getting it.

HL is dead and has been for a long time. Zulu has the most experienced TWers and PvPers. The only players in Crimson experienced at TW and PvP on the same level as Zulu are the handful that came from KY.

At this point you guys need to spread the 'love' to bring back some excitement to HL. It's pretty much common sense, IMO.
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    Acrelar - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've typed my 'stance' repeatedly but you and most others aren't getting it.

HL is dead and has been for a long time. Zulu has the most experienced TWers and PvPers. The only players in Crimson experienced at TW and PvP on the same level as Zulu are the handful that came from KY.

At this point you guys need to spread the 'love' to bring back some excitement to HL. It's pretty much common sense, IMO.

So you're basically saying after proving that you can take the map as an rpk-map, despite the entire server back then saying it's impossible because RPKers can't get organized; beating every guild in TW; being hated by everyone, that we're still responsible for the server to have fun?

I think it's funny how someone that hasn't been in Zulu has the guts to tell us what common sense is. I mean, the world is flat, an rpk guild can never take the TW map and it's also common sense to disband for the best of everyone.

We have the best PvPers in the guild because we're the only ones that realized how stale this game gets at level 100 when you don't PvP. The rest of the server STILL didn't adapt and most guilds are still not rpk. You don't even deserve a land on the map with that attitude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    MindCrime, serioulsy just cut the ****, or at least have some pride.