Make the Christmas Gift Account Stashable!

Comments

• BrineBlade - Raging Tide
    BrineBlade - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You guys were the ones that started the QQing, I just asked an honest question.

Actually your "honest question" is QQ'ing judging by the tone of every single one of your posts since your original. You're simply upset that people recognize your tantrum for what it is.

Oh, and in response to:
    Because I want everyone to see the answer.

You're not fooling anyone. It's painfully obvious you simply want people to agree with you, and anyone who disagrees or calls you out on your nonsense is "stupid" or "an idiot". And since we both know a GM isn't actually going to come on this thread and give you the answer you're seeking, this thread is nothing more than a blatant attempt at seeking attention.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    I only drink the blood of my enemies! ...And occasionally a strawberry Yoohoo.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the reason it is not account stashable? because it DOESN'T need to be. You have to opportunity to play 10 hours on each of the characters you have on an account, so they can get the fashion. That is the offer PWE are providing. NOT the opportunity to 'abuse' the system as has been done in the past (pirate fashions) by creating multiple alts to get the color you want and then transfer them through the account stash to a single character.

I am not accusing anyone of "hoping" for this, but this is probably the reason this set is not stashable - because people have abused gifts in the past.

Look on the bright side also - here is a set of fashion you can wear that will NEVER drop if you are pk'd

So they think this far into fashion but they can't fix rubberbanding, people pking people through walls and extorting many other glitches that have been there for at least a year. They also can't fix the bug in the fashion as it is where it randomly isn't there and your character is suddenly naked.

good job PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Amazing what kind of **** people will take as a gift nowdays.

A gift is a gift, it doesn't matter if it's the prettiest or ugliest thing in the world, it's a gift that someone is giving you, don't tell me you wrote a letter to every single one of your contacts telling them what you want as a present for whatever reason?

" Dear person 1,

I'm writing you to ask you if you could get me that sweater we saw at the store.
    I want it in a small size, color xxxx, make sure they pack it in right otherwise I won't accept it."

"Dear person 2,

So I saw this house down by the river, I was wondering if you could give it to me as a present, but I want you to paint it in a different color."

And here's the definition of gift, 'cause apparently you don't know it.

Gift: something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Like I saw in a siggy, Free to play, Pay to win.
    Are you paying a monthly fee to play this game? No? Then its free.
    Amazing what kind of **** people will take as a gift nowdays.
    This statement alone is disturbing.
    A gift is a gift. I'd hate to be gathered around the Christmas tree opening gifts with you on the morning of the 25th. You get something you wanted but in a color you didn't like, do you freak out at that person and demand they change it? I'd hate to think of what would happen if it was also non-returnable.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kyna initially I thought you had a valid point, but the more you reply to this thread, the more it seems you just have a gripe against pwe in general and are just using this gift as an excuse to vent.

sorry if you aint but that is how you are coming across.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Actually your "honest question" is QQ'ing judging by the tone of every single one of your posts since your original. You're simply upset that people recognize your tantrum for what it is.

Oh, and in response to:

You're not fooling anyone. It's painfully obvious you simply want people to agree with you, and anyone who disagrees or calls you out on your nonsense is "stupid" or "an idiot". And since we both know a GM isn't actually going to come on this thread and give you the answer you're seeking, this thread is nothing more than a blatant attempt at seeking attention.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Funny thing is I don't care about this fashion. I actually think it's rather ugly. It'll be even more ugly in mismatching colors. Not only that but pwi was getting along pretty frigging well for the first year and then the quality of the game nosedived after that thanks to marketing ploys like these. They want all this money yet they can't even fix things that have been wrong with the game for the past year. Sure, yeah it's free to play, but with as much money as they're pulling in from people that are crazy enough to to blow 2k in real money for rank gear you'd think they'd work a little harder to fix some stuff.

Like I mentioned in the last post I made I do believe.

I'll actually leave the game as soon as Tera comes out. A subscription for it would be cheaper. There's always going to be stuff that people don't like about a game but seriously you'd think they were making enough money without having to stoop this low.

This is the reason we can't have nice things. It's not because of people that ask questions, there's always going to be at least one of those. It's because gifts with ulterior motives aren't... nice things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Funny thing is I don't care about this fashion. I actually think it's rather ugly. It'll be even more ugly in mismatching colors. Not only that but pwi was getting along pretty frigging well for the first year and then the quality of the game nosedived after that thanks to marketing ploys like these. They want all this money yet they can't even fix things that have been wrong with the game for the past year. Sure, yeah it's free to play, but with as much money as they're pulling in from people that are crazy enough to to blow 2k in real money for rank gear you'd think they'd work a little harder to fix some stuff.

I'll actually leave the game as soon as Tera comes out. A subscription for it would be cheaper. There's always going to be stuff that people don't like about a game but seriously you'd think they were making enough money without having to stoop this low.

This is the reason we can't have nice things. It's not because of people that ask questions, there's always going to be at least one of those. It's because gifts with ulterior motives aren't... nice things.
    What does any of this have to do with your original post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    kyna initially I thought you had a valid point, but the more you reply to this thread, the more it seems you just have a gripe against pwe in general and are just using this gift as an excuse to vent.

sorry if you aint but that is how you are coming across.

Perhaps I do have a personal gripe with pwe considering how much they've butchered what the game had going for it in the first place.

But seriously, All I want is a gm response as to why they made this decision. I did have a valid point but people ignore it and jump on the bandwagon because denying that I have a good point would be uncool.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited December 2010

This is the reason we can't have nice things. It's not because of people that ask stupid questions, there's always going to be at least one of those. It's because gifts with ulterior motives aren't... nice things.

fixed. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    What does any of this have to do with your original post?

You griped about my font color, what does that have to do with my original post?
    fixed. b:cute

cute troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
    edited December 2010
    You griped about my font color, what does that have to do with my original post?

It was relevant to what I replied to. I don't see how your last post was. Or how this is. I guess you don't have anything else to say though. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    cute troll.

Orly?

Rather be a cute troll than a rotten piece of __________ (fill in the blank)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    A gift is a gift, it doesn't matter if it's the prettiest or ugliest thing in the world, it's a gift that someone is giving you, don't tell me you wrote a letter to every single one of your contacts telling them what you want as a present for whatever reason?

" Dear person 1,

I'm writing you to ask you if you could get me that sweater we saw at the store.
    I want it in a small size, color xxxx, make sure they pack it in right otherwise I won't accept it."

"Dear person 2,

So I saw this house down by the river, I was wondering if you could give it to me as a present, but I want you to paint it in a different color."

And here's the definition of gift, 'cause apparently you don't know it.

Gift: something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present

Maybe someone should tell PWE that. They're giving this to get you to spend more money to make it look the way you want it.

Like I said, would you be at all happy if someone gave you a broken present?

And you know, I do get a lot of presents irl that I don't ever use but I do thank people for them and most of the time I do try to find some kind of use for it because I feel bad if I don't. This isn't a personal gift. To even call it a gift is wrong.

It was relevant to what I replied to. I don't see how your last post was. Or how this is. I guess you don't have anything else to say though. lol

Are you through? Because if you can't post anything relevant to the topic then I fail to see why you're here in the first place.

It all boils down to, I want a GM response to my question and as a matter of fact, I'm a little miffed that I PMed one and they have yet to answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
    edited December 2010
    Orly?

Rather be a cute troll than a rotten piece of __________ (fill in the blank)

meat?!

Anyways, I don't really see how this is some evil scheme to get people to spend money. You realize you don't need to spend anything to use the gift, right? If you don't like it, you can npc it. You could even use your free dragon points to get free random dyes for it. I mean, maybe it would be a nice gesture to have the set be released in the same (random) color, but then I'm sure there would still be people that complain about getting their set in an ugly color while someone else got it in one of the more popular shades. Bottom line is, it's free and it doesn't suck. Why so angry?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol, what is this?
    I feel sorry for your parents for getting you those socks... b:shutup
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I may be weird, but yes I would be happy to get a broken gift. It means the giver at least tried. Sure you may have to dye it, and it can't be put into the stash but I for one am happy to receive this because it means PWI is at least TRYING. You may think it's too little too late, and sometimes i agree with you.
    Even if its a "broken" gift, im happy to receive it.

Have a good new years.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    meat?!

Anyways, I don't really see how this is some evil scheme to get people to spend money. You realize you don't need to spend anything to use the gift, right? If you don't like it, you can npc it. You could even use your free dragon points to get free random dyes for it. I mean, maybe it would be a nice gesture to have the set be released in the same (random) color, but then I'm sure there would still be people that complain about getting their set in an ugly color while someone else got it in one of the more popular shades. Bottom line is, it's free and it doesn't suck. Why so angry?

Is it so wrong to ask that it be all in one ugly color and not in multiple shades of ugly colors? I mean really now.

And to begin with I didn't even imply that it was a scheme. All I asked was why it was so necessary to have it unable to be account stashed.

And if they're so worried about something as simple as this being extorted, then why the hell can't they worry about other stuff in the actual gameplay that gets extorted all the time.

I may be weird, but yes I would be happy to get a broken gift. It means the giver at least tried. Sure you may have to dye it, and it can't be put into the stash but I for one am happy to receive this because it means PWI is at least TRYING. You may think it's too little too late, and sometimes i agree with you.
    Even if its a "broken" gift, im happy to receive it.

Have a good new years.

pfft. Okay, so you have this insanely rich friend that gets you a broken present. Then what?

I'm sure they have the means to make the colors at least MATCH when they give it to you. :/ Sorry if I don't think it sounds like they're trying very hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Perhaps they may :) and pwi may be rich, but i most dont certainly consider them a "friend" so i'm not overly worried about getting a "good" gift P:
    edited December 2010

It all boils down to, I want a GM response to my question and as a matter of fact, I'm a little miffed that I PMed one and they have yet to answer.
    Because yours was the only PM they got today. And it was prioritized because of its earth-shattering effect on the game. What it DOES boil down to, is an over-reaction to what is essentially a free texture for a fantasy character. Its a free gift that has no bearing whatsoever on game play.
    Fashion that is bought and paid for from the boutique are random colored, why the hell would free ones be set? Or allowable through the stash for mixing and matching? Its abuse of a free gift system, as someone mentioned before with the Pirate fashion.
    I wish the worst thing that ever happened to me was getting a free gift that is not tradable, like it appears to be for you considering how big a deal you're making of it.
  • Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Is it so wrong to ask that it be all in one ugly color and not in multiple shades of ugly colors? I mean really now.

And to begin with I didn't even imply that it was a scheme. All I asked was why it was so necessary to have it unable to be account stashed.

And if they're so worried about something as simple as this being extorted, then why the hell can't they worry about other stuff in the actual gameplay that gets extorted all the time.

I thought you didn't had an account stash.

I honestly don't think you'll get a reply from GM's about this. To them it's a non-issue.
    Actually I didn't.

I'm no stranger to advertising and promotional ploys. I worked in sales lol.

It shouldn't concern you tbh, people that actually have the account stash are not complaining and someone that doesn't is?

Weird how the world works. b:surrender
    edited December 2010
    You said something about gifts having ulterior motives, and since you clearly are not happy with PWE I took it to mean an evil scheme. lol
    No, it's not wrong, but at the same time... you're coming off as really ungrateful. It's a gift. It's free. We should be happy that we're being given it at all. I just don't think it's worth the fuss.
    As for not putting it in the account stash.... well. If it were stashable, I'd be getting 8 sets of free fashion (for my main). That's a little too generous, and also provides an unfair advantage to those with more characters and those that have actually paid for an account stash. I don't think it's unreasonable to make it bound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Since the yellow fireworks thing won't be fixed until Monday, I think it's safe to say that the GMs are away for the holidays now. You're not gonna get your answer until at least Monday if they do at all.

So stop ********, please? It's annoying as ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    You said something about gifts having ulterior motives, and since you clearly are not happy with PWE I took it to mean an evil scheme. lol
    No, it's not wrong, but at the same time... you're coming off as really ungrateful. It's a gift. It's free. We should be happy that we're being given it at all. I just don't think it's worth the fuss.
    As for not putting it in the account stash.... well. If it were stashable, I'd be getting 8 sets of free fashion (for my main). That's a little too generous, and also provides an unfair advantage to those with more characters and those that have actually paid for an account stash. I don't think it's unreasonable to make it bound.

I don't see the need to feel grateful for something that is more trouble than it's worth. Like I said, probably trashing it when i get it since it can never come all in the same color. You'd think when giving out presents they would at least have the decency not to make you look like a circus clown because you didn't have random dyes lying around.

And perhaps it would give account stashers an unfair advantage BUT it would be a good chance for PWE to make money from the account stash seeing as it would then be actually useful for something. It's not like being generous this ONE time around would kill them seeing as how there are so many people that are spending real money on other things.

There's other reasons I'm a little riled on this subject. As in this is the 3rd friggin time this mismatched fash has been the case. I was in the top five for a CONTEST for God's sake. They now own any costume design I entered into that contest, and what do they give me? A mismatching fashion set that's STILL sitting in my inbox because I have no dyes to change the color. Speaking of which, I do need to see how much that dress is going for since I'll never use it.

Since the yellow fireworks thing won't be fixed until Monday, I think it's safe to say that the GMs are away for the holidays now. You're not gonna get your answer until at least Monday if they do at all.

So stop ********, please? It's annoying as ****.

Hey, I'm not putting a gun to your head and forcing you to click on this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
    edited December 2010
    Hey, I'm not putting a gun to your head and forcing you to click on this thread.
    Hey, PWE's not putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy dye for the free fash
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Hey, PWE's not putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy dye for the free fash

And I'm not buying dyes either. They could at least have the decency to make it come in all one color, ugly color or not. At least then there would be a higher chance that most would like what they got stuck with.

If mine doesn't look the way I want it to I will vendor trash it and be done with it. I just don't like waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
    edited December 2010

If mine doesn't look the way I want it to I will vendor trash it and be done with it. I just don't like waste.
    LMAO, And you're out......absolutely nothing. Congrats at reaching this conclusion finally.

Though you're right, what a terrible waste of pixels. <.<
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    LMAO

And you're out......absolutely nothing. Congrats at reaching this conclusion finally.

I had that in mind in the first place, it's just a shame to have to waste a "gift" because the givers of this "gift" didn't have the common courtesy of at least making it all the same color. If it all does in some crazy event end up coming out the same color or account stashable at least I know I was heard.

Edit: At least I don't spend money on pixels. I stopped spoiling myself with a few bucks here and there when packs came out and stayed out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Kyna I actually love you for making this threadb:dirty,it is so entertainingb:laugh.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    COLOR]

Huh? Yes you did might I remind you of your original post.
    Are you afraid that your scheme to make money on dyes will fail if we just happen to be able to trade between our own characters for a matching set? (since we all know PWI is colorblind.)
    COLOR]

So yes you did imply it was a scheme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Okay, answers that's been given:

1. It has an hour requirement to achieve. That means that it is fashion that marks that you have been online during Christmas to get that fashion on a certain character. Making it account stash-able ruins that effect as in characters that haven't been logged on/created afterwards will have an unfair advantage as to the "prize" requirement. So in effect, like you kinda implied, it's more of a prize not a gift.

The Gift is having a contest like this, the prize is the fashion.

That said, you don't have to do it. And participants in a prize winning contest shouldn't complain about the prizes if you're willingly participating, just don't do it if you don't like it.

2. It makes players play more. Requiring players to play on more than one character for over 10 hours results in more log ins (even if most of them will be afk, still makes the game seem more populated).

3. It will up the sale of dyes. They will make more money.

Can't think of any more but that's about it I think.

Best answer this thread is ever going to get. And I imagine the only GM answer is going to be a lock. So, with the original topic/purpose of this thread finished...or at least as finished as it's going to be...the relevance of all this is now poot.

So! I'll just throw in my own opinion into the barrel then. WOO. Especially since I can't get to sleep right now!

Personally I did feel sad when I figured the fashion would not be account stash-able. Because all the dyes I would have to buy for the fashion to look nice on my characters would be quite pricey. I don't think me or anyone feeling that way is TOO out of line really... But I suppose if you're not willing to pay, then don't get in to the fashion. Sadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
This discussion has been closed.