Make the Christmas Gift Account Stashable!

Comments

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010

And it's broken a little for the people who worked for those fashions in the event--(Everybody knows those guys bought rank 9 and just AoE'd like hell to spam points, so generally very few people feel sorry for them as well.)

That generalization is for the most part false.

Either way, more fashion is good. Merry Christmas peoples b:pleased
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It still stands.

You're an idiot if you think that anyone should be grateful for a present that was

A) given with ulterior motives.
    B) Requires that you spend time and/or money to fix it.

Unless it is a classic car that I would love to fix up, I'm not going to be grateful for a broken gift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    And it's broken a little for the people who worked for those fashions in the event

Not really. You will never be able to fully replicate the colors of the tiger event fash by dyeing the neutral version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Okay i rly don't want to read through all the bickering =_= but if im on 1 charecter for 10 hours and then log on another charecter for 10 hours both charecters get a set of they're own ?
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Okay i rly don't want to read through all the bickering =_= but if im on 1 charecter for 10 hours and then log on another charecter for 10 hours both charecters get a set of they're own ?

Yeah they'll both get a set.
    Not really. You will never be able to fully replicate the colors of the tiger event fash by dyeing the neutral version.

True for the gloomy noire, but I'm sure the white neutral version will be the same as the celestial bard set.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

Yes. That's all you need to do. And it's total, so don't need to be on 10 hours straight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It still stands.

You're an idiot if you think that anyone should be grateful for a present that was

A) given with ulterior motives.
    B) Requires that you spend time and/or money to fix it.

Unless it is a classic car that I would love to fix up, I'm not going to be grateful for a broken gift.

You believe what you want the rest of us will believe you just being a winy child.Who is gonna ruin gifts for us in the future with your wining. Since majority rules that mean we are right and you are wrong. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thank you
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I agree with Haybails, this thread is full of bandwagoners. If you don't have a contributory opinion, it's best to stay silent, imo.

I don't agree with the thread topic, for the sake of, as has been aforementioned, a status symbol.

But the fact of the matter is, there is no such thing.

For now, be grateful that for a little while, it'll mean something. It's awesome that we're getting a gift for Christmas. Uncharacteristically. I don't disagree with that.

But mark my words, within two years, this fashion will be released again in some event or other, and a Level 10 Lawyer will blow a ton of cash, acquire a bunch of sets, the price will crash, everyone will acquire this fashion and we will be shafted yet again by having untradeable fashion that we can't even sell when its value as a status symbol is reduced to zero.

But, y'know, you'll be able to put it on all of your toons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    True for the gloomy noire, but I'm sure the white neutral version will be the same as the celestial bard set.

Not quite, I think. If you notice, the bard set's skirt has that purplish tint to it. I don't think neutral set will be able to look like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear
    Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I honestly don't think you'll get a reply from GM's about this. To them it's a non-issue.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I honestly don't think you'll get a reply from GM's about this. To them it's a non-issue.

The only thing that is an issue to them is if they are missing out on potential money.
  • Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear
    Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    which in this case they haven't, since OP already bought the account stash.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Who cares about the economy on this game anymore? Can't get much worse.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Who cares about the economy on this game anymore? Can't get much worse.

I said that once. A year ago.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    which in this case they haven't, since OP already bought the account stash.

Actually I didn't.

I'm no stranger to advertising and promotional ploys. I worked in sales lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Its the same like Anni Mount, "omg I havent played on this Account over a year, this is my main now!! not fair!!"

And you said "omg I wanted that Fashion to be put on my Seeker/Mystic!! not fair!!"
    Get over it, they might redo the thing again some other time.
    If not, its just a fashion, it doesnt has any effect whatsoever, they prob gonna release more epic fash in a year or two anyway.

And stop using red pms colour, cant you see the background is dark?
    Using your red pms colour is only making it worse and hard to read.

*sigh* where's common sense nowadays?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    You believe what you want the rest of us will believe you just being a winy child.Who is gonna ruin gifts for us in the future with your wining. Since majority rules that mean we are right and you are wrong. b:chuckle

As once said in the movie Men In Black...

Something to the effect of "Man as an individual is smart... people as a group? Stupid."

So you guys all jump on the bandwagon and fall for the marketing scheme without even questioning. The only thing that makes this marketing scheme successful is that you're all stupid for thinking it's nothing but a gift. This is why I never got an account stash in the first place. It's about useless, you can't use it for much anyway.

And did I "ruin this gift for you?" Probably not. You'll LOVE the idea until you get it and realize you just blew 50 bucks or 10 billion coins on dyes just to get it to look right. Have fun with that, I'm vendor trashing mine if I happen to get it and it's not the color I want. Not worth the trouble.

Its the same like Anni Mount, "omg I havent played on this Account over a year, this is my main now!! not fair!!"

And you said "omg I wanted that Fashion to be put on my Seeker/Mystic!! not fair!!"
    Get over it, they might redo the thing again some other time.
    If not, its just a fashion, it doesnt has any effect whatsoever, they prob gonna release more epic fash in a year or two anyway.

And stop using red pms colour, cant you see the background is dark?
    Using your red pms colour is only making it worse and hard to read.

*sigh* where's common sense nowadays?

You need glasses grandma? I can see my font color just fine and apparently so can anyone else if they read what I have to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    As once said in the movie Men In Black...

Something to the effect of "Man as an individual is smart... people as a group? Stupid."

So you guys all jump on the bandwagon and fall for the marketing scheme without even questioning. The only thing that makes this marketing scheme successful is that you're all stupid for thinking it's nothing but a gift. This is why I never got an account stash in the first place. It's about useless.

b:laugh
    when the item is not tradeable but can be transfered by Stash, ppl say its PWE scheme to buy the Stash.
    When its not, its a scheme too?

do you have to Dye it? do you have to charge ZEN to Dye it?
    You need glasses grandma? I can see my font color just fine and apparently so can anyone else if they read what I have to say.

white font - dark background vs dark font - dark background

which one is easier to read?
    *doh* no wonder you made this kinda Thread, you definitely has no common sense in you LMAO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KennyC - Lost City
    KennyC - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Actually your font is seriously irritating to read >.>, and i really don't mind about the fashion not being account stashable, since i only have one character buttt most people have more than one char. Besides its a gift...although they say theres no free lunch at least your getting something by wasting electricity eh.
    +1 post
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I'm wearing glasses and I still can't see ****. change it plz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm wearing glasses and I still can't see ****. change it plz

lies you just responded to itb:angry.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    I'm not changing my font color. I can see it, apparently you guys can read it, I really don't care if it hurts your eyes or not. It actually hurts my eyes to read the white on black since it contrasts so much, but I don't complain so you guys can shut up.

And everything PWI does anymore is a marketing ploy, And honestly I bet you almost anything the fash glitches and disappears like everything else made after year 1 of the game. So you can be ignorant and enjoy it, after all, ignorance is bliss.

But you guys have strayed so far away from the topic its not even funny.

The topic, need I remind you, was just a question as to why the decision was made not to make it account stashable.

You guys were the ones that started the QQing, I just asked an honest question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010

haha, read my mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Log a total of 10 hours, which is pretty much grossly under what most would log anyway in a week, and you get FREE fashion in a FREE to play game. And its fashion...it has no effect on game play whatsoever. And then a 10 page QQ topic about it? :P

How's about they give us nothing at all instead? There, problem solved. Unbelievable what people will cry, groan and go on about.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010

The topic, need I remind you, was just a question as to why the decision was made not to make it account stashable.

You guys were the ones that started the QQing, I just asked an honest question.

Okay, answers that's been given:

1. It has an hour requirement to achieve. That means that it is fashion that marks that you have been online during Christmas to get that fashion on a certain character. Making it account stash-able ruins that effect as in characters that haven't been logged on/created afterwards will have an unfair advantage as to the "prize" requirement. So in effect, like you kinda implied, it's more of a prize not a gift.

The Gift is having a contest like this, the prize is the fashion.

That said, you don't have to do it. And participants in a prize winning contest shouldn't complain about the prizes if you're willingly participating, just don't do it if you don't like it.

2. It makes players play more. Requiring players to play on more than one character for over 10 hours results in more log ins (even if most of them will be afk, still makes the game seem more populated).

3. It will up the sale of dyes. They will make more money.

Can't think of any more but that's about it I think.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    And everything PWI does anymore is a marketing ploy, And honestly I bet you almost anything the fash glitches and disappears like everything else made after year 1 of the game. So you can be ignorant and enjoy it, after all, ignorance is bliss.

Name me 1 company that isnt into Charity that does not think about marketing ploy.
    Naive is such a bliss.

Everyone already aware by their own common sense they dont need GM to tell them.
    But yeah, for your own satisfaction, keep asking, if GM still wont respond, make the same Thread every 5 mins, maybe you will get their attention and finally they will answer you.
    They might afraid you wont get to sleep or eat properly if you dont get the answer.

Bye kiddo.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the reason it is not account stashable? because it DOESN'T need to be. You have to opportunity to play 10 hours on each of the characters you have on an account, so they can get the fashion. That is the offer PWE are providing. NOT the opportunity to 'abuse' the system as has been done in the past (pirate fashions) by creating multiple alts to get the color you want and then transfer them through the account stash to a single character.

I am not accusing anyone of "hoping" for this, but this is probably the reason this set is not stashable - because people have abused gifts in the past.

Look on the bright side also - here is a set of fashion you can wear that will NEVER drop if you are pk'd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Log a total of 10 hours, which is pretty much grossly under what most would log anyway in a week, and you get FREE fashion in a FREE to play game. And its fashion...it has no effect on game play whatsoever. And then a 10 page QQ topic about it? :P

How's about they give us nothing at all instead? There, problem solved. Unbelievable what people will cry, groan and go on about.

Like I saw in a siggy, Free to play, Pay to win. I gave up being good at this game a long time ago, I don't have the money. A world of you know what subscription is cheaper that this ****.

Amazing what kind of **** people will take as a gift nowdays. And amazing how many people will QQ over a simple QUESTION and how many GMs, Mods, or otherwise REFUSE TO DO THEIR JOBS AND ANSWER THE QUESTION.

By the way, I did pm frankie, guess what? No answer (big surprise) So keep QQing about my question the thread can stay here until it is answered by a GM or locked.

And call me a grinch but at least I see things for what they are. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
This discussion has been closed.