Make the Christmas Gift Account Stashable!

Kyna - Lost City
Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
So this new Christmas "gift" has come to my attention.

So my question to GM's is this. Why NOT make it account stashable? Should it really matter if we want to exchange the fashion between our OWN characters on the SAME account? I mean really, what is the big deal? Are you afraid that your scheme to make money on dyes will fail if we just happen to be able to trade between our own characters for a matching set? (since we all know PWI is colorblind.)

But seriously, what's the big deal?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
rikaflare.deviantart.com
Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
... and a few losers....
Post edited by Kyna - Lost City on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Are you afraid that your scheme to make money on dyes will fail if we just happen to be able to trade between our own characters for a matching set?

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one, whilst they also lol at you for buying an account stash that you cant even use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You can buy random dyes from dqpoints. Quite a lot of people will probably take a chance and use those anyway...
    However people who are tempted to buy an account stash might just buy one now. Like me :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    well don't waste your money on an account stash for this fash since you can't use it with this fash anyways. They fail to really say that outright, I had to look for the answer. I don't have an account stash, I vendor trashed my second anniversary mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I know it's not account-stashable, however if they make up their minds and deceide it will be it can still give them some money. Since you can get dyes for free, but can't get account stash for free.

For now the reason why I would buy an account stash is if I want to share bound stuff between chars/some fash, but I wont have bound stuff for a loooong time, and I don't mind sending fash over mail to em.. >.>

But well, I just hope that they'll make it stashable since I don't see much harm in it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lets be grateful that there actually giving us free fashion b:surrender.
    Merry Christmas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver
    Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lets be grateful that there actually giving us free fashion b:surrender.
    Merry Christmas

Thank You!! At least some people appreciated the this awesome x-mas from the GM's...b:surrender
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just log all of your chars for 10 hours, its not difficult.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010

^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver
    Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Yeah so far I stayed on last night for the whole day and might stay on for the whole week till 31st at 11:59pm for my cleric just to be sure I have all my hrs b:pleased
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    You're missing the point guys =_=;;

It's not free. It was never meant to be free, it was meant to make you spend more time in game and more money on dyes to get the color you want.

And I'm not going to log all my characters at once if I'm guaranteed to get broken fashion sets on each one. 3 fashion sets to dye because pwi is colorblind? No thank you.

I don't see why it's too much to ask for it to be account stashable, that's what this thread is about in the first place. I would like a GM answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Oh for the love of gods...

It's 1000 DQ points per random dye, right? And like 24 dyes for the set overall? Do the math and go hit up some snowmen. Or go buy/farm the ****ing insignias, get your own tradeable version, and stop ********.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not ungratefull. Hell I love the fact that they give out free fashion and that it's such a awesome set too!

The point is, I would love to have the fashion on the seeker I'm planning to create ^^ I want to make a male seeker, while all my other chars are female. If it's not account stashable I don't have to create a male alt for the sake of getting that set.
    However if they deceide that it WILL be accountstashable later I will hit myself for the head since I would really love to have that fash too on a seeker!

Some people will change their main char after expansion I gues. Would be great if you can transfer the fashion to your "new main" in that case :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So, the new fash isn't account stashable? I find it stupid how much stuff in PWI isn't account stashable, while there's no reason it shouldn't. I don't want to spend 10 hours logged on to each character to have a chance at fashion that I may or may not like on THAT character. I've bought fash for one character before, thought it might look better on another, and stashed it over. Cause you know, sometimes I like swapping clothes between characters on occasion.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Oh for the love of gods...

It's 1000 DQ points per random dye, right? And like 24 dyes for the set overall? Do the math and go hit up some snowmen. Or go buy/farm the ****ing insignias, get your own tradeable version, and stop ********.

What? 24 dyes and still possibly get a ****ty color? All that work for nothing? Yeah you go have fun with that instead of bringing your rudeness to my thread.

I didn't ask your opinion anyway, you voiced it on the other thread and I chose to ignore it, get the message lady.

(or dude >_>)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2010

What? 24 dyes and still possibly get a ****ty color? All that work for nothing? Yeah you go have fun with that instead of bringing your rudeness to my thread.

I didn't ask your opinion anyway, you voiced it on the other thread and I chose to ignore it, get the message lady.

(or dude >_>)

You make a topic on a official forum and don't want this certain persons opinion on it lolwtf? Posting on this forum = asking everyone for their opinion, despite them being rude and you ignored them on another thread.

I agree with her anyway. If you're posed to be 10 hours online on all your toons anyway. Snowmen aren't that time consuming once you find a good place really. So it's not THAT hard to grind some random dyes.

Doesn't change the fact that there's absolutley no reason why we shouldn't be able to account stash it. I mean, I thought an active player was "me" needless of which of my characters I play on. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    14 dyes for the top
    6 dyes for the pants
    3 dyes for the shoes.

23 dyes
    they cost 500dq points each.

500 x 23 = 11500

lets assume you want to farm those dragon points on snowman as stated, instead of using up the ones you already got.

That makes 11500/20 = 575 fireworks needed from snowman to dye every piece once. ofc you wont get the right colour in one time, so you'll need that amount alot more times.

Then lets say you want it on 3 different chars... that's just 1725 fireworks needed to dye all sets once.
    and only 34500 dragon points needed. Now lets hope you get all the right colours straight away or it'll cost the double of that if not more.
    Snowmen aren't that time consuming once you find a good place really. So it's not THAT hard to grind some random dyes.

Now tell me how long it'll take you to grind 1725 fireworks b:surrender

I don't mind using dyes, and I don't mind grinding snowmen. But I would love it if I could account stash the pieces. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Then don't get it, easy, no?
    I can't even comprehend why you're QQing about this, unless you screwed your tampon in a bit too tight. They're giving you FREE fashion, it IS FREE. It's your choice to want to dye it a specific color, and your choice to want it on more than 1 character.

If you don't like it, then don't get it and buy a set of pre-dyed fashion from the AH and acc stash that to your heart's content.
    But seriously complaining getting crappy colors on FREE fashion is just being stupid.
    I know people who have spent 50m+ just to get the wedding fashion and that's not acc stashable, they don't seem to complain half as much about it as you do, and they actually paid for it.

How about you go farm **** to make enough money to not random dye your stuff but just get the color you want it to be, it's double drops after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Aehm...why are ya talkin' 'bout dyes if it's 'bout the new demon/sage fashion?...It's undyeable as far as I know oO

And seriously...stop cryin'...be happy with what ya got, they could've decided to do nothin' instead...and I bet we'd have less cryin' then...
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm not sure it will make any sense in English, but there's an expression in French going like "I give you as long as finger, and then you want as long as whole arm"... That's exactly what all these complaints make me think of... so sad.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    They are dyable Wolf ;) this isn't the demon/sage fash, this is the "neutral celestial" fash, and that is dyable.

further, Jhalil, I'm not QQ-ing as you might think. I'm just supporting an idea here and handing over some arguments.
    I do love the fact that we get free fash :) Also because I love that specific set.
    However, I do get Kyna's point and support the idea.

The 2 chars that I play most atm (and are getting the fash on) are on different accounts anyway.

Supporting an idea isn't always QQing. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Aehm...why are ya talkin' 'bout dyes if it's 'bout the new demon/sage fashion?...It's undyeable as far as I know oO

And seriously...stop cryin'...be happy with what ya got, they could've decided to do nothin' instead...and I bet we'd have less cryin' then...

It's a different kind than the reward fash, dyeable obviously.
    -shortened, read the whole deal up above here
    I admit it you really got me there. b:surrender Didn't check up on the math all that well, since I fail at it and well, yeah. I rest my case.

But really, it's still "free" and it's possible(despite being hard) to get it entirely free, without having to pay one penny on dyes, if you put some time(more than i thought at first) in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Then don't get it, easy, no?
    I can't even comprehend why you're QQing about this, unless you screwed your tampon in a bit too tight. They're giving you FREE fashion, it IS FREE. It's your choice to want to dye it a specific color, and your choice to want it on more than 1 character.

If you don't like it, then don't get it and buy a set of pre-dyed fashion from the AH and acc stash that to your heart's content.
    But seriously complaining getting crappy colors on FREE fashion is just being stupid.
    I know people who have spent 50m+ just to get the wedding fashion and that's not acc stashable, they don't seem to complain half as much about it as you do, and they actually paid for it.

How about you go farm **** to make enough money to not random dye your stuff but just get the color you want it to be, it's double drops after all.

This!

Besides most of us Fashionistas on PWI already have dyes stored up (or was to get them) for new fashions, and BTW, if you think everything has to be the same color to match and look good, I think you're daft. O.o;;; I mean really... Mixing and matching colors and sets just like real world fashion can look just as badass.

The FASHION is FREE, you don't HAVE to dye it. Its random colors they don't secretly try to "Sabbotage" it into "ugly" colors. Some people don't think Green or brown is ugly at all. b:shutup

EDIT: I only say something, because I am tired about People whining about EVERYTHING PWI tries to do for us, to cushion the effects in light of their other mishaps. I don't want them to stop caring all together cause they can't please anyone ever. I am personally grateful for the things they give us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    green and brown aint ugly O_o

Ever tried combining green with pink and blue? b:chuckle I usually have the luck of getting such colours b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Me too, MOST of my random colors from buying fashion from the boutique comes out in either a dark pretty color like a blue or a purple, or it comes out in green and brown. and I LOVE Brown and pink, together even on PWI fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Stop QQing and be grateful you dont have to use the fash, heck you dont even have to get it. Stop complaining about gifts, if you gave someone a gift and they started complaining about how it wasnt in the colour they wanted wouldnt you be upset and angry? thats exactly what your doing. Stop whining and act like freaking adults...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How does everyone know soo much about the fashion they havn't given it out yet and their page don't show anything but a pic. Unless the changed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Their most likely going off of what they did for the anni fash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ok Because I havn't seen anything from frankie other then about it being perm and dyeable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ok Because I havn't seen anything from frankie other then about it being perm and dyeable.

Frankie has also said: its bound and can't be put in account stash as well as how many dyes each piece takes , etc in other threads forget which ones. So their going by what frankie said actually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    GUYS!!!

This thread is not about QQing, it's not about whether or not anyone's "thankful" for this promotional "gift"

It's about getting an answer.

Why the hell is this not account stashable? What's the reasoning for such a decision? I don't see how it could harm them to allow us to trade the fashion among the characters on THE SAME ACCOUNT. Especially since it has been brought up that there is an expansion on the way and with this expansion new characters that people will be making that they will never get to have this fash on unless they want to pay an arm and a leg, or go to the events.

The fact that PWI can never match fash colors is just a personal gripe. Like I said, broken presents. You can agree or you can disagree, either way it's not what this thread was about in the first place.

And I want a GM answer on this topic. Not some QQer QQing about QQ's thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
This discussion has been closed.