RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

Comments

• Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lutirica - Harshlands
    Yea, so the game is cool, raging is not, its that simple.

If you're going to do nothing but nitpick people's grammer mistakes, AT LEAST DO IT RIGHT.

Yea, so the game is cool. Raging is not, it's that simple.

sheesh b:surrender Where do kids go to school these days.....

LOLOLOLOL +9001. but -9000 cuz u also did it wrong.

edit: nvm u corrected the "its" to "it's". +9000 again b:pleased.
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.
    I'll believe it when I see it. I've given up on PWE, and I have no hope for any of your games.

Its too bad, I always move on right after I get settled in as well. b:avoid
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Strangely, I don't care.

While I didn't have Rank 8, I was one of the first handful of ppl to have TT100 fists on HT. I worked my *** off for them doing Nirvana/3-3/merchanting, got lucky making 2 socket Deicide, and re-selling those, and now that everyone and their mother now has TT100 fists, I still don't care. Faster Nirvana/FF runs for me, i.e. faster profit. Win/win. I don't agree at all with this bull**** of exclusivity being an accomplishment as a perpetual thing. The e-peen braggart portion of this is you got to have it earlier than others. That's it.

The only thing that's changing is more people have access to such gear. Any person that got this gear earlier than others by means of farming/cash shopping, it does not erase their accomplishment. This is how everything works not just in PWI but every large F2P MMORPG. They want to set the bar higher, and thus it becomes easier to get what was once extraordinarily hard, because they want people to farm new ****.

What people on the forums are getting irate at and coming to a revelation of is called "business". We just had a CS free sin make it to 105 with gears I probably won't ever have. By your logic, if PWI releases a new type of hyper or a new XP instance, their accomplishments will be rendered moot just because they spent longer getting that level, at an earlier time. Terrible logic that ignores the ways obsolescence works in any market, never mind F2P MMORPG's.

cool story and ofc you are right, but you just forgot to mention how they made that 'gear switch'

mmos evolve? old gear is replaced by new? no ****

over one night they made rank gear 90% cheaper, which made other stuff (especially weapons) obosolete or just pointless to get (even nirvana stuff, which is - you know- kinda newest). people who farmed week ago -on last 2x- got screwed. their whole work become pointless and noone could expect it.

this also affect market - most farmable weapons are worse than $-ones

not to mention, how this affect balance in game... inb4 rep sale, 99 weapons could compete with lunar/tt100 stuff on similar refine..

now they cant - and rank8 weapons (if you dont count ring and armor) are cheaper than lunar used to be.

gold cost more, farming became again harder - so it seem more reasonable to just charge stupid 72 bucks and forget about farming your weapon or part of gear...

also pvp gonna be interesting.. anni bless expired.. ranged classes with 30 attack bless and r9..

ppl who rant about changes, got to simple conclusion: why to farm gear, if pwe can make it obsolete at any time? (even newest gear) why to farm, if pwe give you end game gear on silver plate for few bucks?
    why to play the game actually? you could just log on every 2-3 weeks and just buy newest stuff from shop

earlier, pwe was succesfuly killing pvp by high gold/pvp costs. then they were killing pve 60-95lvl. now they are doing same to pve 100+

thats what ppl mean by ranting 'game is dead'. not that it died literally and someone need to call 911. yarly
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cool story and ofc you are right, but you just forgot to mention how they made that 'gear switch'

over one night they made rank gear 90% cheaper, which made other stuff (especially weapons) obosolete or just pointless to get (even nirvana stuff, which is - you know- kinda newest). people who farmed week ago -on last 2x- got screwed. their whole work become pointless and noone could expect it.

not to mention, how this affect balance in game... inb4 rep sale, 99 weapons could compete with lunar/tt100 stuff on similar refine..

now they cant - and rank8 weapons (if you dont count ring and armor) are cheaper than lunar used to be.

gold cost more, farming became again harder - so it seem more reasonable to just charge stupid 72 bucks and forget about farming your weapon or part of gear...

also pvp gonna be interesting.. anni bless expired.. ranged classes with 30 attack bless and r9..

ppl who rant about changes, got to simple conclusion: why to farm gear, if pwe can make it obsolete at any time? (even newest gear) why to farm, if pwe give you end game gear on silver plate for few bucks?
    why to play the game actually? you could just log on every 2-3 weeks and just buy newest stuff from shop

earlier, pwe was succesfuly killing pvp by high gold/pvp costs. then they were killing pve 60-95lvl. now they are doing same to pve 100+

thats what ppl mean by ranting 'game is dead'. not that it died literally and someone need to call 911. yarly

OMG lol i just logged ingame to say good bye to the friends that are online atm and found this.

@ Paramedic: You're 110% right.

Yellow = Important.

@ Everyone else, who say PWE is doing right: Noobs, you will get it sooner or later. Most likely later because of your reasoning

PZ OUT
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    Hope they realize soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Genius, you could log in 2-3 weeks and buy the newest stuff from the fricken start. Big whoop. Cash shoppers have always had the advantage when it comes to getting it now. That's the point, which you haven't addressed, and likely won't and can't. People who saved up and farmed 75m just got themselves a Rank 8 set that would have normally cost over half a billion coins, without cash shopping, way more than the comparable Nirvana set which is now not the plausible option for ppl who are coin conscientious. You really have no idea what you're talking about, and are making a very unspecific and general rant at nothing in particular. b:bye

Edit: And on the side, gold has dropped now over 100K from 1.3M to 920K when I last checked, on HT. All the "gotta have it now" people paid their premium, now others get to buy it cheaper. Kinda hard to figure out why others can't spot this consistent way people do in-game business.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    made a post deleted it its not worth it, u put end game gears for RL cash items, and u justify it too Awesome work.
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i did once calculations how much it would cost to buy a warsoul only with chips.

coins: 9.587.700.000
    cash (if we asume gold price is 400k): 23969,25 $

...well i know someone who actually really bought a warsoul with real cash. if it EVER comes out in boutique he might ragequit as well. i m happy for those who gets a good gear like rank8/9 cheap in the end but to be honest i wonder..for what. i m totally happy with my tt90 +5 gear and can survive every boss. i feel sorry for CS actually tho cause they are the one who are paying all this expansions (Tideborn, Earthgate) yet get laughed at cause they invested in this gameplay. without them this game wouldnt exist in first place.

this is my last day here. i wasnt active for almost one month so quitting today officially. i wish everyone good luck (didnt want to open a new thread so just saying here) and all best. may the greed not touch you.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That statment just say from your official point that who does not spend a dime in this game should just pack and go so for that i pack and bye byeb:bye
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    Chibiusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If you just imagen R8 for ~72 US $.
    you have may ~100k players on a server, and 90% buy it.

90k ppls x 72 US $ = 6.480.000 million US $
    If you take 7 Servers = 45.360.000 million US $ , profit just buy this R8 sale

Pritty price for the destruction of a wonderful game, congratulations.
    They could've enought ca$h by selling only mounts, fashion, charms, and
    may some DOs sometimes.
    ---
    I really dont want to know, or even try to imagen it,
    how mutch they made by pack sales.
    ---
    It started with packs, goes on with R8 sales, and next time it'll be Warsoul for bargain prices, who knows... . And everybody who loves to have a challange and a goal in this game will take out ther credit card, and enjoy, for sure. *sarcasm*b:chuckle

-To obtain items from the botique with your coins, turned into a ridiculously act.
    -The game "balance" if that had preexisted ever, is totaly gone

Funny irony of fate, everybody who bought packs, have a guilt on this changes. I remember guys with Lunar weaps, they didn't even know what's Lunar, and what mats are needed to craft such a weapon. First victims of pack addictions, it's kinda gambeling.
    "Every pack could be the 250 mill coin scroll of tome JACK POT!"
    But yes ~ money make it, go end enjoy your ~easy way~

Personally won't touch a game provided by this guys here ever again.
    I didn't spend 1$ here, but once to have the R9 pataka in my hands wer kinda my next big dream.
    Were up to sell all my loved stuff, and merchant even harder then before. Just to hit such a honor,
    to own that weapon. I could have it now. But it lost all it's shiny glam, and attractions to me.
    I am totaly calmed and relaxed, this game had magic ~but now it's just tragic.

Peace~ enjoy 1-hitting each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zeratulus - Sanctuary
    Zeratulus - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

-sigh- I know this won't get read but I can't resist a rant.

1. The FULL RANK IX gear isn't even better for at least half the classes. There is NO -interval on rank ix gear for sin/bm and NO -channel on wiz gear (okay the wiz weap does have -10 which is awesome, but just 1 item of the set).

2. You guys are idiots, if you want to get filthy rich sell unbind charms. Then stupid people would pay to rep up as well as unbind their old gear. If you're gonna be greedy at least learn how to be greedy.

3. And no, MMOs don't need to constantly evolve. The point of an MMO was to be an online gaming community where you made progress very slowly and kept people entertained for years. Not where you completely give away all the difficult items 6 months later for 1/10th the cost. Even the people that you truly care about (cash shoppers, yes servers cost money and you have employees, fair enough) are upset because many of the die hard customers spent $$$ to get rank 8 awhile ago and now to see the value of their purchase diminished to such a meager sum has got to be discouraging next time they think about charging $50+.

Seriously PWI... the game itself is fun, but the management is horrendous.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The devs were gonna make a decent MMO that people would like...

...But then they got high.....

Also expansion = R10+New High level instance<--(?)
    And everybody who is buying R9 will facepalm the minute they figure it out. b:chuckle
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    a clear cut case;

90%% of us players did enjoy the packs when they came out, it was a short jump for alot of work, and was kinda fun 2 gamble.

Getting a lunar weapon, which i have obtained the old fashion way before, took months (Literally!!) to obtain. it was run after run after run, kinda like TT, do 569334 of em, adn you get the best, do 2 of em, you get ...a couple mats.

However, that feeling died off with 60% of the players fast, when all their gamecoin was spend on Tokens.

Tokens...yeah....most people don;t even know how to obtain any items without them.

Wines? You make those from tokens right? (Mats market destroyed).

Mounts? We got anni mounts, so no need. (Mount market dead).

But now, no now, Nirvana, nice...great gears, get a awesome wep, although takes a time, but its end-gear so yeah, without having 2 use RL money. Friggin Awesome!! so gonna work on that after i Complete my TT99 Gold gears.

(Here comes PWE)

TADAAA!!! Let me save you your time! or if you just completed it, let us **** you off even more!! High lvl rank gears!!!! FOR FREE!!!!.

I myself used 2 charge some zen occasionally, however in the last 4 months, not a dime was charged. I spend i think around 400 $ on this server (Dreamweaver) over a 2 year period, a paycheck that is not that high really. So i am not a heavy cashshopper, imo.

But moving on, so....high lvl rank gears..hmm...so...TT runs? No longer needed really, Rank 6 gears and up work very well, for some classes, like archer and sin, the rank 8 weapon, matches better yet, beats the nirvana 1st cast...so...no Raptures needed for them, only the leggings for more interval..and ...pretty much done.

So with that said, nirvana has not run obsolete, but the demand for those gears will drop through the floor, and with it, the prices for the items, making it more and more common gears. (Nirvana market done)

Although, sins with TT99 gear and good interval, could SOLO nirvana, *Katching sound*

Wonder why there are so many sins around? I Have no clue...ow wait...i do...

PvP overpowerd, no not unbeatable, but very VERY strong, compared 2 all the other classes....

PvE, SINS SUCK!, euhm, BS!, with LA, you can tank World Bosses, (I do it on my archer) so sins that have interval and BP, should be able to do, way and way more then just that.

So what's next? Introduce Warsoul Weapons for 100 Gold...?

New EXPANSION!!! what? More overpowerd 2 compesate for the failure that is Tideborn? and run even more of the old classes obsolete?

(Its china's different gaming Culture....LMFAO!)

Ok fair enough, lemme roll with that for a second, so your answer to that issue is to give away the best gears in the game, for Free? (Really smart, you guys must have at least 3 brainscells, 2 for cash, 1 for the IQ)

How bout this as a solvence to your REP problem, MAKE MOBS GIVE REP! Grind 10 mobs, get 1 rep!, euhm, increase rep rewards for FB's, and quests! Not FB99 boss yields 24 Rep, but 240 or 2400 even.

Ow but, market is dead, TAKE OUT FRIGGIN HYPERS!!!

Let FC the way it is, use it as an Alternative for RB Gamma's and delta's, But, without hypers, Gamma's and Delta's will yield more total exp, and thus revitalizing the RB usage.

I wonder how many players remeber what a Friendship Quest is!! FQ, it used 2 be spammed in Archo, all players lvl 40-60 did it daily. I haven;t seen some1 do FQ since euhm....about a year ago?

So yeah, in conclusion, PWE, Congratulations, Due too your short sighted marketing and sales startegies, you have completely ruined a once awesome game.

As most players have already pointed out 2 you, This game...is....DEAD!!!!
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Kenichiiii - Sanctuary
    Kenichiiii - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    -sigh- I know this won't get read but I can't resist a rant.

1. The gear isn't even better for at least half the classes. There is NO -interval on rank ix gear for sin/bm and NO -channel on veno/wiz gear (okay the wiz weap does have -10 which is awesome, but just 1 item of the set).

2. You guys are idiots, if you want to get filthy rich sell unbind charms. Then stupid people would pay to rep up as well as unbind their old gear. If you're gonna be greedy at least learn how to be greedy.

3. And no, MMOs don't need to constantly evolve. The point of an MMO was to be an online gaming community where you made progress very slowly and kept people entertained for years. Not where you completely give away all the difficult items 6 months later for 1/10th the cost. Even the people that you truly care about (cash shoppers, yes servers cost money and you have employees, fair enough) are upset because many of the die hard customers spent $$$ to get rank 8 awhile ago and now to see the value of their purchase diminished to such a meager sum has got to be discouraging next time they think about charging $50+.

Seriously PWI... the game itself is fun, but the management is horrendous.

While I wont call you an idiot, you're certainly ignorant.

To your point #1- If you don't know anything about other classes don't talk about them. For venos, Rank 8 top, Rank 9 bottoms, and rank 9 arms are already -15% channeling with other amazing bonuses. This is not called "NO -channeling". Sins also like rank 8 top for the -.10 interval.

To your point #2- While not every company makes what would be the best decisions, PW is doing quite well.

And to your point #3- EVERYTHING needs to evolve. ESPECIALLY MMO's. While some changes are not favored by a large sum of players, it still works towards the benefit of the game. While I'm sure PW cares for all of its players, it cannot be overly concerned with the minority.

While change may make the game die for some of you, it continues for the majority. And it's the majority that always matters. FYI - everyone on here ranting is a VERY small minority b:surrender
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Guys can we keep the complaints out of this fourm post? Sherilys is kind enough to keep us posted on the expansion here and the complaint overspill onto this thread is kinda the wrong place to do it.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    repost because my tired eyes saw the wrong post *runs and hides before assaulted by flames*
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Guys can we keep the complaints out of this fourm post? Sherilys is kind enough to keep us posted on the expansion here and the complaint overspill onto this thread is kinda the wrong place to do it.

...Welcome to the forums. Please take a number, and remember to check your blood pressure before, during, and after forum visits. Thank you for supporting our Customer Service area with your visit.
    --Frankie (Automatic voice message.)
    edited December 2010
    Genius, you could log in 2-3 weeks and buy the newest stuff from the fricken start. Big whoop. Cash shoppers have always had the advantage when it comes to getting it now. That's the point, which you haven't addressed, and likely won't and can't. People who saved up and farmed 75m just got themselves a Rank 8 set that would have normally cost over half a billion coins, without cash shopping, way more than the comparable Nirvana set which is now not the plausible option for ppl who are coin conscientious. You really have no idea what you're talking about, and are making a very unspecific and general rant at nothing in particular. b:bye

Edit: And on the side, gold has dropped now over 100K from 1.3M to 920K when I last checked, on HT. All the "gotta have it now" people paid their premium, now others get to buy it cheaper. Kinda hard to figure out why others can't spot this consistent way people do in-game business.

please keep enlighting us with your knowledge capt. obvious
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well, technically not true. One example, in terms of money, some people are born into a wealthy family which instantly gives them a name/instant connections/good jobs. Some people will work their entire lives yet get nothing even close to what another person is born with. We have to learn to get over it and continue living.

A poor person can work a week to get a Christmas meal. If they were to look over to a rich man's home and see that they were able to get an even better meal with a snap of a finger, get depressed and not eat and enjoy what they've worked for - it'd be a sad day indeed.

It's really a pity when people get upset over that other people can get it with a click of a button failing to realize their achievements of working for it are still there. But like you said, everyone just wants to compete and live according to everyone elses standards and not their own

The only thing that will bother me is if anyone tells me "I farmed R9" when they clearly didn't. They really are making it easy to cash shop everything (anyone who'd deny that is stupid) but I really hate it when people quit over things like this.

This! and all of what you've said! No wonder I always respected you and your hubby in game. Such Sage Words!

All the QQ in game and on forums has given me headache. You know the otherday I finally (after several months) got my Rank 6.. and you know what? I'm tickled pink. I don't care that its mediocre.. I'm so freakin ecstatic.. cause I worked for it... I busted my **** and I farmed the hell out of Rep and Nirvana, and TT and whatever else I could.

Why can't people just be happy with what they have, and work for what they want in whatever means they can. Either enjoy the game or don't. No Cash Shop stuff should change that... As for FTP, you can still earn the CS stuff.. lots of people willing to sell it to ya cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Khroy - Dreamweaver
    Khroy - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Okay i haven't noticed anyone else point this out so i thought i would. People in general didn't rage about the general summers sale, sure there where grumbles and complaints but for the most part people were just plain dissatisfied with it yes i just said that wait...wait...here it comes...3...2...1....and now.

It was the "emergency maintanance" and dropping the price which did it. i appreciate the thought of adding the snowmen under guise of a maint but seriously when you combine it with lowering the price of something that people are already upset about it doesn't get seen as a kind gesture, it's a slap in the face. People would not have reacted so badly if the price hadn't been cut. Yeah it's that simple. If the price hadn't been cut you wouldn't have long time players who have spent thousands on the game quitting in droves ie a certain 101 archer on Dreamweaver who has 20ish Diamond of Tiger in her gear.

I also think that you have the expectations of players all wrong. Many myself included have the game running from when they wake up untill they go to bed thats 12 hours minimum. So there goes the 8 hours a day theory, guess people outside the dev's countries just like to relax and take more time to do things.

Well that's it from me but still it was the price drop which pissed people off the most. In future have a look at the reaction to a sale before you cut its price i doubt the reaction would of been as bad if the badges were 1 gold per 50.
  • Zeratulus - Sanctuary
    Zeratulus - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    While I wont call you an idiot, you're certainly ignorant.

To your point #1- If you don't know anything about other classes don't talk about them. For venos, Rank 8 top, Rank 9 bottoms, and rank 9 arms are already -15% channeling with other amazing bonuses. This is not called "NO -channeling". Sins also like rank 8 top for the -.10 interval.

Okay I think we're on different pages here and I'll edit my post to clarify. I was meaning that wearing FULL rank ix gear is silly for sin/bm/wiz/veno. I'll give you the pants and sleeves on the veno (probably overlooked the pants and the -6% on sleeves is nothing special, all the good endgame arcane sleeves are -6% channel). Sure the rank 8 top is nice for sin/veno/wiz but not the rank ix which is what they are trying to push as the new epic gear.
    And to your point #3- EVERYTHING needs to evolve. ESPECIALLY MMO's. While some changes are not favored by a large sum of players, it still works towards the benefit of the game. While I'm sure PW cares for all of its players, it cannot be overly concerned with the minority.
    Okay, since you're being rather civil I'll try to do the same; But no, PW does not care that much for its players. They continually require players to put in a large amount of time/money to get good items and then within a few months they release an easy way for everyone to get those same items or even better items to make the old items obsolete.

The sense of accomplishment is being removed from the game. When I first started playing, back before bhs/anni packs/etc, I took pride in even hitting level 50 with my wizard. I had a legendary item or two and they were just that, LEGENDARY, I didn't see tons of people running around with the exact same gear on as I had and every equip slot wasn't filled with some super powered item with pre-determined stats. Now on my sin I turn away in disgust from most items that aren't tt/legendary or better. I used to look at people with rank 8 and go 'WOW, theres somebody that has put a lot of time and/or cash into the game, 200k rep, holy ****! xD' now I see it everywhere.

PW is doing exactly what you say, they are appealing to the masses, the people that complain that things are just 'too hard'. I don't know about you but I avoid using cheats in video games because it quickly ruins the fun for me and thats exactly whats happening with PW. A quick swipe of my card and all the challenge of the game just fades away leaving a boring world with God Mode activated.

TL;DR PW is not looking out for the players, they are looking out for their wallets. I understand they need to be profitable, but they're making money now. There's a fine line between a desire to turn a profit and outright greed and PW is crossing it.

Oh and +1 Khroy. People would have been a lot less upset if it was still $4.50 for 50 instead of $0.45.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    inb4morenerdragebyyou
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How would you know that this thread is not read by the stikier? Because this thread contains swear words and bad mouthing of the employees of this game and NOTHING is done about it...

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khroy - Dreamweaver
    Khroy - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Oh and +1 Khroy. People would have been a lot less upset if it was still $4.50 for 50 instead of $0.45.

Forum nub moment +1 means what?
  • Alnnestasia - Dreamweaver
    Alnnestasia - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I believe you missed the point entirely, or you at least ignored it. If it was obvious, then all of the raging wouldn't exist. Oh, and you wouldn't have missed it.

Also... Enlightening. Sarcasm is best done when you can prove you're intelligent.
    On to the post!

This doesn't make cash shopping any more overpowered, considering they could already obtain almost anything they wanted far easier. Cash shopping is always overpowered and always will be overpowered.

Until you realize that anything placed in the cash shop is obtainable through another means. Wraith Officer Badges are now very cheap to buy with in game coin, and even before this you could farm FB, OMA, Justice Orders, and practically every other quest in existence (minus dalies). In fact, anyone that ever cared to look would have noticed that Wraith Officer Badges are available under the Dragon Points selection. Sure it would take more time, but it would be free and DQ items are normally worth picking up. Not that there is any lack of DQ items at any level, unless you are to busy 'farming' to care about them.

Which brings me to my next point. Anything in the game is 'farmable'. But, unlike your definition, it follows the true meaning of the word.

Farmable - Able to be farmed (past tense of farming), doesn't actually exist as a word.

Farming - Cultivating land, PWI definition is similar to grinding. Repeat instances until you get items for your gear or coin to use to pay for said gear. Most people use a combination of the two.

By calling something farmable, you accept that it will take a long time and perhaps significant investment in order to obtain said item. Thus, if you are unprepared to potentially lose some of that investment and time; don't farm. Farming is not clear cut. You don't always walk away with great things. Sometimes other people have better things that they farmed. Complaining because all of a sudden your crop of tea isn't as great as imported tea isn't going to switch the market back towards you. Nor should it. When you went to farm, you assumed the risks of farming. To assume that everything would remain static would be foolhardy. You claim that this has ruined the economics of farming... But I still see that your Nirvana has only dropped by about ten million coins. Until I can buy it on my normal source of in game income, I find that buying a Nirvana weapon is prohibitively expensive.

If something is 'ruined' or outpaced, you would think it would become very cheap. Unfortunately, and contrary to your point, it has not. Because you seem to still want money for your weapon, the prices have only slightly changed. I'm sure that 40 mil instead of 50 mil is a big hit for you. The only reason you are even angry about this is because you became so obsessive about obtaining a weapon you assumed would destroy people that you ignored the fact that it won't always be as hard to obtain what are now good weapons. In fact, the tier has changed. Nirvana/FC/TT/Rank 8 hasn't been outclassed. A new class has been added; Rank 9.

My normal source of income? Oh, well see... I do this thing. It's called grinding. I bet you heard about it WAAAAY back. Maybe you learned about Zhen? What? To new? Already had Hypers? Had alt FCs? Had Hypers and alt FCs? Tsk. New players. So much complaining and yet their work was already cut out for them. Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I don't feel the need to use Hypers. Why? Well, I like to take it slow. Taking it slow means I obtain my items faster, and more efficiently and in advance. I'm level 71. I have one of two rings I will use end game (which I consider 100+), as well as part of the mats for level 80. I'm even saving up Dragon Points on the side for, not rank 8 or 9, but for a Warsoul. That's right. You can get Chips there too.

You want to farm? Do it my way. Everything I own is not only made by me, but each material was earned through coins, quests, or your foolhardy definition of grinding. I know I can get it easier. I relish a challenge. This rank 8? Oh, I bet that slapped you in the face. Easy got easier, didn't it? Well, hard is still hard. You want a challenge? Try being like a normal person, who doesn't spend their whole time online farming TT, or at higher levels FC/Nirvana. You are far to concerned with getting to end game than you are enjoying the ride. The end does not justify the means if your means was 9/10ths of the way and yet you only care about 1/10th.

In fact, if you ever thought about it, rank 9 is available via the Dragon Points system anyway. The only thing you need is the prerogative to go and get 60k DP for three medals, enough for the first piece. Because it is not expedient, you discount it. Concentration on what is expedient is what is making you all complain.

Games, even non MMOs, change. DLC, Map Packs, Expansions, Mods, it is all a form of evolution. To assume that a game won't change shows a massive lack of understanding. Not all changes are good, true; but this seems to be grasping at straws. Nothing in the mechanics themselves have changed. Rank 8 was there, and now there is rank 9. And all this talk about EVERYONE getting rank 8 and potentially 9 is utter hyperbole. I have seen or heard about 300 people with rank 8 gear so far. Because it is totally believable that 300 people is a significant part of the server. In fact, with the advent of Hypers, FC, alt-FC, Genies, and more 2x events have made your way even easier.
    edited December 2010
    I believe you missed the point entirely, or you at least ignored it. If it was obvious, then all of the raging wouldn't exist. Oh, and you wouldn't have missed it.

Also... Enlightening. Sarcasm is best done when you can prove you're intelligent.
    sacrasm is best done when someone like you dont get it

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    unbindin ability you could at least sell a way to unbind the gears everyone has thats now useless.Not that it is going to amount to much selling it,Rapts dropped 60-70% TT items wont sell now,most the stuff if you were lucky enough not to get tokens from packs wont sell.
    Prior to sale raptures catshop buy = 1.7 catshop selling = 1.9
    now 800

TT gold mats Illusion stones 25-30 mil
    now 16.5

lunar glade insg weapon 70 mil
    now 25-30 mil

gold has went back down from a crazy high of 1.7 mil after update to now 800k

Maybe the new exspansion will have ways and means but more then likely only the people that spend 1.6k real money for r9 gear will be conpetitive.Or new exspansion will make R8 gear obsolite so all that either spent all there coins or spent real money are now broke with gears that suxs.
    I really dont see how this is going to be fixed but there is definatly something broken.I will play til it becomes like fake and everyone one shotting and at least there I dont have to spend real money.At that point i will find another game maybe even just go to WOW even tho I loved all the wc prior i refused to buy a disk and then have to pay by the month.How fullish I was there a monthly fee way cheaper then this so called free game free to play but in no way free tobe compeitive. no way to get the DQ points needed over 32 mil for just ring if you cant compete .btw id say the 10+ hrs I play is exstreme and Probaly log more hours then many on the malaysin server.

Just work with us and let us unbind maybe we can get coins again then again maybe even that doesnt work
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.

just want confirmation on the red part
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Who gives a rat's a$$ about the expansion? I want some bloody bug fixes in PWI. Seriously. You should fix the bugs before adding another expansion into the game. But now, if you even wanted to fix the bugs - you can't. You killed the game, and the only thing to basically "save" this game, is the expansion? Lol, for your sake as well as this game's - that better be a hell of an expansion planned.

Just a side-note: If there isn't an instance to farm and make coin for end-game players... You just lost 90-95% of your player-base. The only way to make cash atm is Charge/Merch. End-game instances like Nirvana/3-3 don't make 30% or less coin nowadays due to the 2x drops, gold going so high, and rank 8/9 being so cheap.

GG PWE, best company in the world - really, you are.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    just want confirmation on the red part

holy **** i missed that! b:shocked

expansion patch tomorrow night? b:question
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
This discussion has been closed.