Please welcome our new forum mods!

Comments

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Why do I type like this?
    I used to type in paragraphs, but then I stopped.
    People in the forums made fun of me for going on and on in paragraphs.
    So I started typing like this.

And personally, I'm not going back to the paragraphs.

I know its moderated.
    Gosh, it was just an example
    =.=

Exactly, so no one is calling you a villain, including me. I promise b:surrender
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Next you'll find..

"Anyone who posted in this thread is subject to ban due to the honesty, complaints, and ideas shared. Thanks for stopping by. b:bye"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Exactly, so no one is calling you a villain, including me. I promise b:surrender

Thanks =.=

And wow Serenity.. for once... I applaud....

That was just pure epic
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Next you'll find..

"Anyone who posted in this thread is subject to ban due to the honesty, complaints, and ideas shared. Thanks for stopping by. b:bye"

my boots are a shakin >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Frankie, do I have your attention yet?

You are exceptionally skilled, good sir, at ignoring people's posts and questions when they suit you, but I insist you do not ignore this one.

Dammit, Frankie, you will answer for the things you say.

You have all been negligent recently in the TW Rules thread. Kanto's statement that the people who were "nit picking" were the ones "most likely to break rules" was downright outrageous and none of you have had the guts to balls up and answer for your mistakes.

I will defend you when it is the developers to blame but this is turning into an outrage.

In this thread - and EVERYBODY can go back to check this - MULTIPLE people made the same statements about these moderators and the decisions behind picking them.

When you felt it was right to stand against this, what did you do?

You picked on me and solely on me for being honest, even if I was repeating what somebody else had said! And I asked you - again in the open for everybody to see - why this was. Why only me, in the face of so many doing the same.

I will ask you one last time Frankie and I pray this time you will not ignore me and that you will step up and take responsibility for what you do and what you say where your fellow GMs have not.

Why only me, hm? Why only me in the face of so many who had said the same? Is it because it's easier for you to call out a person who you know has perhaps overstepped the line before? Is it because you're afraid that the repercussions would be worse had you called out RedsRose, for example?

You will answer for what you say and you will answer for what you do, or you will show this forum how negligent in your duties you are, Frankie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    lmao i was joking when i said that xD

man i feel sorry for you SoI

Did she seriously get banned?!!!! b:shockedb:sadb:cryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If we're talking about bans, then I'd like to say that I don't agree with Keph's ban. *Disappears back into the darkness known as the PWI forums*
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010

You are exceptionally skilled, good sir, at ignoring people's posts and questions when they suit you, but I insist you do not ignore this one.

You have all been negligent recently in the TW Rules thread. Kanto's statement that the people who were "nit picking" were the ones "most likely to break rules" was downright outrageous and none of you have had the guts to balls up and answer for your mistakes.

I will defend you when it is the developers to blame but this is turning into an outrage.

In this thread - and EVERYBODY can go back to check this - MULTIPLE people made the same statements about these moderators and the decisions behind picking them.

You picked on me and solely on me for being honest, even if I was repeating what somebody else had said! And I asked you - again in the open for everybody to see - why this was. Why only me, in the face of so many doing the same.

I will ask you one last time Frankie and I pray this time you will not ignore me and that you will step up and take responsibility for what you do and what you say where your fellow GMs have not.

Why only me, hm? Why only me in the face of so many who had said the same? Is it because it's easier for you to call out a person who you know has perhaps overstepped the line before? Is it because you're afraid that the repercussions would be worse had you called out RedsRose, for example?

You will answer for what you say and you will answer for what you do, or you will show this forum how negligent in your duties you are, Frankie.

Quoting u so makes sure he sees it ;)
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As for your readiness to refuse the hypothetical offer, well that just goes to show how hard it is find players who are knowledgeable, dedicated, helpful, positive, and willing to take a mod position.

b:surrender That's how you feel? Theres lots of people who "are knowledgeable, dedicated, helpful, positive, and willing to take a mod position." Maybe you aren't looking hard enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ATTENTION MONGERING!!!!.
    lol, why do you think you get picked on? your posts SCREAM GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!!! and you expect them not to answer? it kind of works in a cause and effect pattern, dear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2010

yes lol

and i can feel some new bans coming too, last one to get banned sucks pineapple tree's!

xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010

*sigh* Yes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited September 2010
    Airyll, you are seriously a true role-model in this thread as it is.

If he doesn't give you an answer, then who will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • MistressBunn - Sanctuary
    MistressBunn - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    every1 wants 2 kno whut happened 2 spoons?
    ill tell u.
    im posting from an alt to hide my identity.
    this info comes from a sorce inside the company.
    the reason why spoons suddenly was replaced is becuz he had gotten in a terrible car crash and had died.
    of course frankies and others will deny this, and i may get banned from 4ums now, but what else do u have to believe?
  • xxxdreamweaver
    xxxdreamweaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Did she seriously get banned?!!!! b:shockedb:sadb:cry

yushb:cry and its a perma
    RIP SoIar
  • Zameri - Archosaur
    Zameri - Archosaur Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i think they gave up on selecting knowledgeable people as four mods. now they are picking people based on level? hmm, may have little knowledge but not much. I SUBMIT Grippieluver as a forum moderator she would be cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Therefore, Shigofumi
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    lol, why do you think you get picked on? your posts SCREAM GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!!! and you expect them not to answer? it kind of works in a cause and effect pattern, dear.

Waffle, you've just proven

a) Why you would never have made a good moderator

b) You haven't really read this thread.

That is all, dear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    ill tell u.
    the reason why spoons suddenly was replaced is becuz he had gotten in a terrible car crash and had died.
    of course frankies and others will deny this, and i may get banned from 4ums now, but what else do u have to believe?

.......No comment....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010

That is all, dear.
    why even bother? your posts always make a some what valid point, until you kill them by claiming you're getting picked on afterwards. its a routine pattern thats come about in any GM related thread >_>; is anything that is against you considered belittling, berating, and being told to shut up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    ill tell u.

of course frankies and others will deny this, and i will get banned from 4ums now, but what else do u have to believe?

Really? Don't post what you can't back up.
    also, fixed it for ya.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    edited September 2010

That is all, dear.

Wow, thats so true I'm just saying.
    ill tell u.

........... That is so not funny or relevant to this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ill tell u.

You're kidding... Right?
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think part of the reason why the GMs don't reply much is because the more they talk, the more people rush at them with questions; the more *less-than-pleasant* information they share, the more that can spawn loads and loads of flaming/criticism. It's probably hard to sit quiet at these times...I doubt it's active ignorance.

That being said, I wish there was more of a conversation going on here. I miss conversation b:cry
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    You're kidding... Right?
    well, as grim as a joke it may be, you have to consider... every one of his blogs, professional and private, were suddenly abandoned after his 'departure' without rhyme nor reason. he could've possibly left us for the great beyond.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ........... That is so not funny or relevant to this thread.

Sadly, people were asking what happened to Spoon's.

I warned people to drop it in the event something like this would come up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Airyll,

I asked you to play nice, as you were the first poster to openly insult the new mods and the person who chose them.

Your post:

"Apparently PWE couldn't be bothered to find anybody better suited for the job."

RedsRose didn't straight up insult anyone, he just questioned the choices, which is fine.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at though-- I'm not singling you out, I was just hoping the thread would actually be somewhat welcoming considering it was a welcome thread.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    why even bother? your posts always make a some what valid point, until you kill them by claiming you're getting picked on afterwards. its a routine pattern thats come about in any GM related thread >_>;

Perhaps you misread, Waffle.

I am not complaining that I was picked on. Far from it. I pretty much expect it of the GMs and the moderators to pick on people they know have broken rules in the past, because these people have less support. I would be stupid to expect less.

My main point was that I asked Frankie a direct question.

Several people said the exact same thing that I said. Including people like FatherTed and RedsRose. In fact, some said it before I did.

Yet, in the face of all these people saying the same thing, I was the only person Frankie told to shut up.

This is what I question. I am not complaining at being picked on, far from it. I am not complaining boohoowhyisFrankiesomeantome.

I asked, simply to know why. Why single me out when others said the same thing before me? What makes me such a marvellous target. In fact, before the big post you accused of being attention whoring (and hell maybe it was, but if it does it's job) I had asked twice, in a civil manner, the same question, and went completely ignored.

I would suggest however, if you're going to accuse all my posts of being one thing? You read all of them and make sure you're right, first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Update
    For further clarification, we are by no means discouraging factions from participating in TW. The fact of the matter is, there will be factions that try to cheat the system. Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them. If you think your faction has a legitimate chance to win the TW, then by all means go for it.

Frankie since u wont reply to my PMs. Neither will kanto Reply now to this(more important the bolded part
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited September 2010

Seriously, its not even apart of the thread. How did this go from a welcome to a bash the new mods event? It's seriously depressing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited September 2010

I apologize from what I have said earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
This discussion has been closed.