Please welcome our new forum mods!

Comments

• WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    give them a chance before you get all ****-ish on them

I never give anyone a chance that hasnt earned it. Frankie hasnt earned it the mods havent earned it so no. I will not give them a chanceb:surrender
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    but people who actually KNOW this game and KNOW the forums and have never "raged" on every topic should have been chosen instead of these three clowns b:surrender ijs
    How do YOU know if they know the game or not? ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • nightragin
    nightragin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hell maybe the big secret news is finally raising the game level limit to 150 (and adjusting the exp accordingly).. we might all wake up one day to find ourselves a few levels highers.. espescially you 100+ guys..

..would be nice ;)

Wait what? Where did this come from.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What's that song again... there's a song, and while I can't remember all of it, I do remember this one little part...
    Glory, glory
    What a hell of a way to die...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This thread has 3,316 views already....

ROCK ON, PWi. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I never give anyone a chance that hasnt earned it. Frankie hasnt earned it the mods havent earned it so no. I will not give them a chanceb:surrender
    isnt that **** backwards? how can someone earn respect if you arent even giving them the time of day to try and earn it? that's just being a jerk for no reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    (o.O)^
    The human test subject has a point.
    They wish to be aware that GMs care.
    x.x'

Incoming responses from
    WraithTanker
    BeingHope
    Airyll

In the above order.

That's the main reason why people have been QQing so much, people think that the GMs don't care because they rarely say anything.

For example, all the stickied thread about those old issues like changed TW funds and DQ drop, GMs made only a few comments saying "they are working on it" but nobody knows what they are working on or how long its going to take to fix it and then when months pass and the GMs make little to no response on the issue it makes the players lose hope and then players start to hate them.

That's why the GMs should talk and learn more about the community of the fourms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • nightragin
    edited September 2010
    isnt that **** backwards? how can someone earn respect if you arent even giving them the time of day to try and earn it? that's just being a jerk for no reason.

Mods haven't had the chance, frankie has.

I'm not arguing with you, just adding my input.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    What's that song again... there's a song, and while I can't remember all of it, I do remember this one little part...
    Glory, glory
    What a hell of a way to die...
    its called blood on the risers ( GORY GORY what a hell of a way to die )
    though id prefer something along the lines of
    'storm to pass' currently, and hope that it does :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010

they earn my respect by showing it. Frankie to this day has only PM'd once. that was about a matter 2 months later. 20 PMs about many different topics that the CM manager should take care of. He failed.

Mods have moved and locked already threads that shouldnt have been moved and locked(PM'd frankie about it already yet to get a response probably will in about 2 months) b:surrender
    edited September 2010

I'm guessing the new mods needed to prove their moderating skills and earn the respect to BECOME mods first, that's the problem that many of the community is raging about right now.

They didn't show or prove it to them before they become mods, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010

For me, earning respect in my mind starts like this.

I give everyone a chance.
    *shows a glass of lemonade*

If they lose my respect, I take a little bit away
    *takes a sip of lemonade*

If they gain my respect, I give the more of a chance.
    *puts more lemonade in the glass*

I'm giving them a chance, but currently I'm seeing it going down.
    But of course, they can earn respect back anytime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010

This.

Some people seem to be misinterpreting.

One mod we know to be a spammer. Yeah okay it doesn't look all that good for him, but give him a chance.
    Two people we don't even know, they've come from other forums. You have to give them a chance before you begin to call names or point fingers or you're making yourself as bad as the company you claim to neglect you so much. Do not neglect the new moderators before they have had a chance to proven themselves.

The complaints were about the choices of moderator here in comparison to what many of us feel this forum needs and were certainly not ever intended as attacks against the new moderators themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    For me, earning respect in my mind starts like this.

I give everyone a chance.
    *shows a glass of lemonade*

If they lose my respect, I take a little bit away
    *takes a sip of lemonade*

If they gain my respect, I give the more of a chance.
    *puts more lemonade in the glass*

I'm giving them a chance, but currently I'm seeing it going down.
    But of course, they can earn respect back anytime.

D:
    BeingHope be secretly taking me lemonades away?
    b:shocked

*Incoming response from WaffleChan*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    This.

One mod we know to be a spammer. Yeah okay it doesn't look all that good for him, but give him a chance.
    Two people we don't even know, they've come from other forums. You have to give them a chance before you begin to call names or point fingers or you're making yourself as bad as the company you claim to neglect you so much. Do not neglect the new moderators before they have had a chance to proven themselves.

The complaints were about the choices of moderator here in comparison to what many of us feel this forum needs and were certainly not ever intended as attacks against the new moderators themselves.
    hey hey i answered your song name >:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well his last 25 posts have all been bashing frankie..in one way or another.. and I am presuming the first 44 were of a similar vein.. and i expect his remaining posts until he blows a fuse somewhere and earns an inevitable ban will also follow suit..

frankie is an EMPLOYEE of the company.. I wonder where in his job description it says has to earn the respect of anyone.. let alone someone who obviously has an axe to grind ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Uitiano - Heavens Tear
    Uitiano - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    "leave frankie alone, s/he is a plenty good CM."

*Hands you a tissue* Wipe your mouth after you're done, and remember. You taste the most sweetness with the front of your tongue, not the back of your throat.

Ontopic:
    Chaotic: Don't like her, closes random topics and simply will brush anything off as "flaming"
    Other 2: Hi, don't know you. Good luck. You'll need it.

On-the-derailed-yet-still-on-topic-topic: Why is Frankie ban happy? Did he hit his man period or puberty or something?

inb4:
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
  • nightragin
    edited September 2010
    D:

Psychic.
    edited September 2010
    D:

How the hell did you know that? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    its called blood on the risers ( GORY GORY what a hell of a way to die )
    though id prefer something along the lines of
    'storm to pass' currently, and hope that it does :|

Oh, was it?

I wouldn't know. I only remember it was about a guy who jumped without a parachute if I remember rightly and even then that's hazy.

And yes Waffle you answered my song name. See? I saw it...

.... just kind of after I posted that last post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    May I ask what in the name of all that is holy would be the rationale of choosing 1 spammer and 2 people who have not even set foot on these boards until now? To MOD them?

I have modded forums before. This does not set a good tone, and is frankly silly. And they've already done some stupid things. Did you even train them before you gave them their mod panel and turned them loose?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    D:

Hamsta, back off from my lemonade.
    I've always had lemonade
    b:angry

Though I'm not drinking any since if I eat/drink now....
    b:spit

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This.

Kinda makes me wonder about why Grim was chosen over Waffle, though I'm not complaining...maybe. I kind of prefer no-names over well known people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    "leave frankie alone, s/he is a plenty good CM."

*Hands you a tissue* Wipe your mouth after you're done, and remember. You taste the most sweetness with the front of your tongue, not the back of your throat.

Ontopic:
    Chaotic: Don't like her, closes random topics and simply will brush anything off as "flaming"
    Other 2: Hi, don't know you. Good luck. You'll need it.

On-the-derailed-yet-still-on-topic-topic: Why is Frankie ban happy? Did he hit his man period or puberty or something?

inb4:
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Was nice knowing you.b:bye
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    they earn my respect by showing it. Frankie to this day has only PM'd once. that was about a matter 2 months later. 20 PMs about many different topics that the CM manager should take care of. He failed.

Mods have moved and locked already threads that shouldnt have been moved and locked(PM'd frankie about it already yet to get a response probably will in about 2 months) b:surrender
    Its not just your experences that make whatever your saying about frankie right, i think that hes been doing his best, and although there could be some tweaking here and there, theres no need to bash the guy. Thats just asinine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • nightragin
    edited September 2010
    was Nice Knowing You.b:bye

Lolrite?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    How the hell did you know that? xD

You have much to learn, young padawan, in the ways of ninja edits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    May I ask what in the name of all that is holy would be the rationale of choosing 1 spammer and 2 people who have not even set foot on these boards until now? To MOD them?

I have modded forums before. This does not set a good tone, and is frankly silly. And they've already done some stupid things. Did you even train them before you gave them their mod panel and turned them loose?

No..... I don't think Frankie trains them.

To be frank (not meant on purpose), its kind of stupid to just give them the title of mod.

I think this teaches Frankie a lesson for the future though ijs.

Time to train people before they're given the go?
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • nightragin
    edited September 2010
    Its not just your experences that make whatever your saying about frankie right, i think that hes been doing his best, and although there could be some tweaking here and there, theres no need to bash the guy. Thats just asinine.

Maybe his best isn't good enough? b:shutup
This discussion has been closed.