CORE Connect system is now LIVE!

Comments

• Foxy_Kinks - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Kinks - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Not impressed at all. I had 70 kills from TWs and now it says I have none - really not happy. You should reward your players by fixing this so our previous kills show or bring back the old profiles with our kills.b:angry
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Meh.

's a bit underwhelming, really.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1. For those of you whose accounts are showing no achievements, the system is still parsing through all of the old log data, and it should be done by tomorrow. If by tomorrow you're still missing stuff that you should have, we'll get you instructions for how to resolve the situation :)

Currently I'm seeing out of the 17 members of my faction, only 2 have any achievements listed (same as when i first checked out Core). One being a level 32 barb, another being a 91 archer.

Also, I'm seeing some posts from players on Sanctuary Server on my faction's message board >.>

clicking the "read more" link shows that the message is "no longer available" but its still showing on the message board.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love having to open IE just to be able to use this. Apparently the devs. hate firefox.

b:cry
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love having to open IE just to be able to use this. Apparently the devs. hate firefox.

b:cry

^I'm using opera. Haven't tried it on FF yet.

-EDIT-
    Works for me on Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    @ GM, mod or whoever

will you be fixing the kill count? My main had well over 2.2k kills and is now showing 0.

will you be fixing the game character section? I have character's listed that have been long since deleted... also others that I barely use are not listed.

You stated that there will be parsing through the old system to populate the data...but it seems as if my "achievements" were populated sometime last night but kill count still showing 0. IMO kill count is more important then showing I purchased 100 random dyes. -.-
    b:bye
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Why you guys keep complaining? They have all the rights to have bugs in this core connect system... It's a BETA version. see? BETA.

Please read threads before you post in them. Thank you.

I have over 20 years of experience in the software industry. I know what beta means. I also know when I'm being hoodwinked.
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Please read threads before you post in them. Thank you.

I have over 20 years of experience in the software industry. I know what beta means. I also know when I'm being hoodwinked.

"hoodwinked"? Good word! maybe you should ask for your money back that you paid for the Core connect "product" you purchased? Beta means it's not in its final stage and is being put out for users to poke at it to find bugs. Could 2 could be 2000 means the same thing. When did this turn into a discussion of the definition of the word "beta" anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When did this turn into a discussion of the definition of the word "beta" anyway?
    When it became clear that PWE had released a product that clearly hadn't reached the "beta" stage yet.
    "hoodwinked"? Good word! maybe you should ask for your money back that you paid for the Core connect "product" you purchased? Beta means it's not in its final stage and is being put out for users to poke at it to find bugs. Could 2 could be 2000 means the same thing.
    Let's see how "hoodwinked" is defined, shall we?
    hood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    EDIT: Damn it all, I pasted something with a character the system didn't like and lost my whole post. >_< May rewrite it later, or may not. Bleh.

EDIT 2: Aaaaand that was totally a reply instead of an edit. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead now. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My PVP kills got reset to 0 and it was near 3000 last I checked... b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • RedLynx - Lost City
    RedLynx - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The avatares need to be fix too. I'm a barbarian but it shows a bm avatar on core connect system. Also, one of my alts has a empty avatar but it should be a venomancer one.
  • drjiggle
    edited September 2010
    "hoodwinked"? Good word!

Honestly, half the reason I posted that was the opportunity to use "hoodwinked." b:chuckle
    maybe you should ask for your money back that you paid for the Core connect "product" you purchased? Beta means it's not in its final stage and is being put out for users to poke at it to find bugs. Could 2 could be 2000 means the same thing. When did this turn into a discussion of the definition of the word "beta" anyway?

While we're discussing definitions, hoodwinked doesn't mean ripped off. It means deceived. We're being deceived by being told that this is a beta product. It's barely alpha. It's more like a prototype. It's an interesting prototype that has me wanting to see more later once it's closer to ready, but it's a prototype nonetheless.

The thing that has me most worried is that I think I can imagine how this came about, and if I'm right, it's not good. My theory is some executive was leaning on the project manager wondering where all the time and money they've been spending on this is going. "You said it would be done in a month, now it's two months later. What's going on?" So the manager tells his staff they need to get something out by Friday or people are going to start losing jobs. They deploy whatever they've got with a few last minute fixes to cover the worst problems, and they figure, "We'll just call it a beta, and we can fix the rest later." But that isn't how it works. I've been there. The executive sees the site, thinks it looks fantastic and moves these guys onto the next project. They tell him it's not done, and he says, "What? It's great! All the guys in the boardroom checked it out, and they love all the pretty graphics." Six months later, we have what we started with -- a badly broken "beta" version that never should have been rolled out in the first place.

Maybe I'm being paranoid and/or pessimistic, but as I said before, I've worked in the software industry for over 20 years. I'm not making this up. I've seen it happen, and I'll see it happen again. I hope it isn't happening here, but I kind of think it is.
  • Posseiden - Sanctuary
    Posseiden - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im also not showing any achievements. along with a lot of members of my guild
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol -.- weee for me only achievements from BOI showing boo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver
    BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    good news into mmorpg world

b:thanks
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    My BOI achievements (all 2 of them) showed up by the time I got up this morning, my JD achievements (another 2) showed up by the time I got to work. Still waiting for the PWI achievements... though my assassin got credited for my one and only PVP kill (a factionmate who got stuck in the Upcoming when he shadow-teleported to an eldergoth. Having him die and release seemed to be the only way to get him unstuck.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I still have 0 quests finished somehow this CORE system fails and even broke the rankings.

They were updating fine at some point now they stopped updating since weeks and now I know the reason b:chuckle
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Biscuiteater - Heavens Tear
    Biscuiteater - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Looking at my achevments I noticed the ONE PVP achievment says I got it Dec 10 1969, lol wow, also why is there not more PVP achievments on there, and why did they reset all of our PVP kills in our profiles? are we all starting over in our kills?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Beta means it's not in its final stage and is being put out for users to poke at it to find bugs.

What are you talking about? Beta IS the final stage. Profile BETA felt more like alpha release... it lacked basic functionality, it didn't work as intended at first... and never got close to feeling completed. A beta release should be completed and all obvious bugs should already have been fixed and all functionality should have already been implemented. The new profile is working better now, but it was seriously rushed. Beta is for pre-release testing only. It's done to confirm that everything is functioning as intended and the last few bugs/issues that weren't glaringly apparent are worked out.

The thing that has me most worried is that I think I can imagine how this came about, and if I'm right, it's not good. My theory is some executive was leaning on the project manager wondering where all the time and money they've been spending on this is going. "You said it would be done in a month, now it's two months later. What's going on?" So the manager tells his staff they need to get something out by Friday or people are going to start losing jobs. They deploy whatever they've got with a few last minute fixes to cover the worst problems, and they figure, "We'll just call it a beta, and we can fix the rest later." But that isn't how it works. I've been there. The executive sees the site, thinks it looks fantastic and moves these guys onto the next project. They tell him it's not done, and he says, "What? It's great! All the guys in the boardroom checked it out, and they love all the pretty graphics." Six months later, we have what we started with -- a badly broken "beta" version that never should have been rolled out in the first place.

Maybe I'm being paranoid and/or pessimistic, but as I said before, I've worked in the software industry for over 20 years. I'm not making this up. I've seen it happen, and I'll see it happen again. I hope it isn't happening here, but I kind of think it is.

No paranoia or pessimism there. Pretty much spot on.

It's also as if the web-development team are taking orders directly from the Marketing department... I'm sure you've seen this happen as well.

Marketing/sales says "we want this this and this"... so the general managers discuss it, "hey it's a great idea". They hand the pretty little drawings and ideas to the development team and say "this is what we want, get it done" without even having asked the team if it's feasible, if they're capable of it, or if anything is unrealistic or unachievable. The dev team gets no say and is basically forced to put out a crappy product because the people who wanted it in the first place didn't bother to ask what can actually be done... or if they did ask the dev team is either too afraid to say no or feel their jobs are at risk for stating they can't deliver whatever is asked of them. And, no matter who is ultimately responsible, the product ends up being broken from the get-go.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • drjiggle
    edited September 2010
    I'm sure this is the same thing that happened with Lunar Glade. We'll never see the rest of the wygie bosses or the opening of the remaining valleys. What's there is what will be there in a year, whether or not it feels finished to those of us who saw the old Lunar.

I halfway wonder whether the new Frost was supposed to drop mats, but they were forced to stop work before they could figure out properly balanced drop rates, so they hastily threw in "Past of the Frostcovered City" and let a few more of the old items drop from bosses and called it quits.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, quick update--

The data parsing is taking longer than originally anticipated, so the new ETA is some time next week. You'll want to check your CORE profile every so often, as the updates are rolling over time, so some players will receive certain games' achievements before others do.

As for other CORE bugs, we'll open a bug report thread once all achievement data has been parsed.

Thanks for your patience and for all your help :)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, quick update--

The data parsing is taking longer than originally anticipated, so the new ETA is some time next week. You'll want to check your CORE profile every so often, as the updates are rolling over time, so some players will receive certain games' achievements before others do.

As for other CORE bugs, we'll open a bug report thread once all achievement data has been parsed.

Yes, I noticed the morning after the first roll-out, that things have been improving. I would just like to see the characters we have as being displayed correctly.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, quick update--

Thanks for the update!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm sure this is the same thing that happened with Lunar Glade. We'll never see the rest of the wygie bosses or the opening of the remaining valleys. What's there is what will be there in a year, whether or not it feels finished to those of us who saw the old Lunar.

Off Topic:
    Half *** Fix for Lunar:
    Run Lunar Trophy Mode... just forget about the reward (time) and do the "missing" wygies.

On Topic:
    Thank you Frankie for the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, quick update--

Maybe that's why I can't edit my guilds yet, it hasn't realized I'm the leader. Honestly, you should have had it parse all the data BEFORE releasing it.

Or could have said, "Here's our ALPHA release, please give us a week to get all the stuff actually running before you try to use it."

No that just sounds REALLY dumb, shoulda just waited till after it was finished parsing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Very interesting nice work! How do I block access to it and to the Guild info!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, quick update--

You can't be serious....you guys didn't parse all this data BEFORE hand...

why am I not surprised b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You can't be serious....you guys didn't parse all this data BEFORE hand...

why am I not surprised b:bye

Me was busy altering the data in certain ways.
    .-.
    Needed moar lols~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hamsta is taking bytes here and there.. ive seen his teef marks on peoples profiles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!