CORE Connect system is now LIVE!

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Vista is perfectly stable on my system.

Current Up Time: 232:59:11

That's nearly 10 days since I had to restart because I updated my video drivers. I can easily have it running for a month or longer without any issues.

Tis true, they has made it work more or less.
    .-.
    (It still be rather inefficient at using system resources.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Vista is perfectly stable on my system.

Current Up Time: 232:59:11

That's nearly 10 days since I had to restart because I updated my video drivers. I can easily have it running for a month or longer without any issues.

Lol, this is very true. I have Vista and it works fine. I don't see what everyone's problem is with i.t o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
    edited September 2010
    Lol, this is very true. I have Vista and it works fine. I don't see what everyone's problem is with i.t o_O

The problems were when it first came out.
    The people who get it first then to be more "tech savvy" and hence has support requirements.
    Thus teh rage and hating. b:chuckle (We had nothing to do with it.) D:
    But Vista wasn't even compatible with simple printers and whatnot. (They fixed it for the most part.)
    b:surrender

Me actually has a re-engineered copy of Vista but the rest of me hardware has to be reconfigured and the limiters properly set (or else me might wreck the entire human internet).
    o_O'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The problems were when it first came out.
    The people who get it first then to be more "tech savvy" and hence has support requirements.
    Thus teh rage and hating. b:chuckle (We had nothing to do with it.) D:
    But Vista wasn't even compatible with simple printers and whatnot. (They fixed it for the most part.)

Me actually has a re-engineered copy of Vista but the rest of me hardware has to be reconfigured and the limiters properly set (or else me might wreck the entire human internet).
    o_O'

Replace the word "Vista" with "XP". It was the same when XP was first released. Everything you've said about Vista was what everyone said about XP when it first came out.

I was an early adopter of XP when it first came out, when people hated it as badly as they hate Vista now.

*shrug*
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited September 2010
    Replace the word "Vista" with "XP". It was the same when XP was first released.

I was an early adopter of XP when it first came out, when people hated it as badly as they hate Vista now.

*shug*

Yep, Windows 98 be probably be the most stable at release out of the windows line.
    Win 2000 was pretty much useless. (We didn't even bother to re-engineer that one.)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Yep, Windows 98 be probably be the most stable at release out of the windows line.
    Win 2000 was pretty much useless. (We didn't even bother to re-engineer that one.)

Win2k was the most stable OS Microsoft has ever released to the general public.

It was amazing, however some manufacturers never made drivers for it. I had to throw a $1000 professional scanner into the trash bin because of it.
    edited September 2010
    Win2k was the most stable OS Microsoft has ever released to the general public.

It was amazing, however some manufacturers never made drivers for it. I had to throw a $1000 professional scanner into the trash bin because of it.

Ouchhhh 1k units of monies? that sucks.
    (>.<)'
    But shortly after XP came out (which we were aware of) so ya.
    x.x'
    (They were actually developing both Win2k and XP at the same time......)
    >.>
    Humans and their way of thinking confooses me sometimes.
    .-.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Ouchhhh 1k units of monies? that sucks.
    (>.<)'
    But shortly after XP came out (which we were aware of) so ya.
    x.x'
    (They were actually developing both Win2k and XP at the same time......)
    >.>
    Humans and their way of thinking confooses me sometimes.
    .-.

Actually they were develop Win2K and ME at the same time. XP was being developed, but still in very early stages... intstead of releasing it, they decided to hold it off and release ME instead. They started work on Vista before XP SP1 even came out.

Win2K was basically XP without all the bells and whistles. Most people didn't like it because it wasn't consumer oriented. It was great for someone who was tech savy. It was very streamlined and free of extra bloatware.

If they made Win2k compatible with XP drivers, there would still be plenty of people using it. MS intentionally changed the driver design so that you couldn't easily port the drivers. They wanted people to buy their new product. It worked.
    edited September 2010
    Actually they were develop Win2K and ME at the same time. XP was being developed, but still in very early stages... intstead of releasing it, they decided to hold it off and release ME instead. They started work on Vista before XP SP1 even came out.

Win2K was basically XP without all the bells and whistles. Most people didn't like it because it wasn't consumer oriented. It was great for someone who was tech savy. It was very streamlined and free of extra bloatware.

If they made Win2k compatible with XP drivers, there would still be plenty of people using it. MS intentionally changed the driver design so that you couldn't easily port the drivers. They wanted people to buy their new product. It worked.

This was actually planned further ahead of time. (Even though XP was in it's earlier stage they were planning on raising XP up.)
    They knew they were going to **** over Win2k and still sold and screwed it over.
    .-.

Vista? Me hasn't bothered to look at why they screwed up that hard.
    >.<'
    The ones involved in human computing technology just advised me to not ask for an upgrade.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    This was actually planned further ahead of time. (Even though XP was in it's earlier stage they were planning on raising XP up.)
    They knew they were going to **** over Win2k and still sold and screwed it over.
    .-.

Vista? Me hasn't bothered to look at why they screwed up that hard.
    >.<'
    The ones involved in human computing technology just advised me to not ask for an upgrade.

Yes, at one point ME and XP were roughly at the same stage in development. To not waste development money, MS pushed the better product release date much ahead (in the future) of ME so they could at least make some money back on it before replacing it with XP.

Even though Vista was never really horrible, with the exception to UAC and the file transfer issues, I think MS has actually enjoyed the bad reputation to help move people to Windows 7. It's just a revamped Vista... they just decided to change the name, rework all the bad coding additions to the NT core they added between Win2K and Vista and release it with a slightly updated UI. Of course, it requires you to have Vista to patch it... isn't that an obvious reason why. Because it isn't really a standalone product, I'm sure it's over 90% of the Vista code base. lol
    edited September 2010
    Yes, at one point ME and XP were roughly at the same stage in development. To not waste development money, MS pushed the better product release date much ahead (in the future) of ME so they could at least make some money back on it before replacing it with XP.

Even though Vista was never really horrible, with the exception to UAC and the file transfer issues, I think MS has actually enjoyed the bad reputation to help move people to Windows 7. It's just a revamped Vista... they just decided to change the name, rework all the bad coding additions to the NT core they added between Win2K and Vista and release it with a slightly updated UI. Of course, it requires you to have Vista to patch it... isn't that an obvious reason why. Because it isn't really a standalone product, I'm sure it's over 90% of the Vista code base. lol

Exactly~

b:chuckle
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010

Exactly~

I actually missed how stable and efficient W2K actually was. It used so little system resources and ran most XP software much faster than XP could. It just became a burden getting all that XP stuff to run on W2K even though the majority of the OS was still nearly identical. QQ
    edited September 2010
    I actually missed how stable and efficient W2K actually was. It used so little system resources and ran most XP software much faster than XP could. It just became a burden getting all that XP stuff to run on W2K even though the majority of the OS was still nearly identical. QQ

If only you could see what we normally run on our systems.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol, I never had problems with Vista then because I didn't get it right after it came out. b:chuckle

I just think it's a lot more graphically appealing than XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • StrifeBurden - Harshlands
    StrifeBurden - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's been about a whole week since the core connect thing got up and the Achievements for PWI and I still have none, but everybody else I know has got theirs and regularly updates. Any answers to why mine is still being ignorant?
    edited September 2010
    It's been about a whole week since the core connect thing got up and the Achievements for PWI and I still have none, but everybody else I know has got theirs and regularly updates. Any answers to why mine is still being ignorant?

Because we don't like you.
    .-.
    Just kidding.

Odd you has 10 achievements from BoI.
    o.O

Well, just wait a bit longer and if it doesn't update mayhaps submit a ticket.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yay, they gave me achievements~

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StrifeBurden - Harshlands
    StrifeBurden - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It says it last updated for me at least on Sept 16th, so maybe the next time it updates it'll atleast give me something if not then yeah my ticket has been sent. And I guess my name was on the bottom of the list for the 100K + players we have on pwi.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Just based on a very small and not entirely random sample, it looks like it's about 45% done at this point. If that's at all accurate, it might not be done until the end of the month.

That's just a guess though, and it's based on a very small, and possibly poor dataset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Just based on a very small and not entirely random sample, it looks like it's about 45% done at this point. If that's at all accurate, it might not be done until the end of the month.

That's just a guess though, and it's based on a very small, and possibly poor dataset.

Maybe time for PWI to change that VIC20 server and 8" floppy drive? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    pvp kills still reset. sent ticket and all, and not answer. pvp kills reset in both og my chars.
    will u fix it some day?
    i am not the only one who shows pvp kills in 0.
    hope u cna fix this soon.
    tyvm
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    achievements are pointless... i just want the pvp kills back

... and for pwi to update their rankings page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    pvp kills still reset. sent ticket and all, and not answer. pvp kills reset in both og my chars.
    will u fix it some day?
    i am not the only one who shows pvp kills in 0.
    hope u cna fix this soon.
    tyvm
    There's no point in sending in a ticket until it's done. I'm assuming that there will be some announcement when it's complete.

For what it's worth, I only got my achievements added late Monday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    it might not be done until the end of the month.
    PWI fixing something in less than a month? You must be dreaming.

They are as slow as their Chinese counterparts, you know?

What was the point of releasing something that is not even half finished to begin with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Mister_Dark - Sanctuary
    Mister_Dark - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    PWI fixing something in less than a month? You must be dreaming.

They never even fixed Profile Beta... it's like their web developers get excited with a project, dump it out when they're half done and then move on.

What was the point of releasing something that is not even half finished to begin with?

No clue. Wish I knew.
    edited September 2010
    Look... ^^^^ the capital D in my name above displays correctly.

The one here does not.

/lameasspwiforums
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's getting Better.

Guild was all fine till I checked this morning .. It has now randomly changed our faction name to Soprano's b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Militsa - Lost City
    Militsa - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    These achievements...They're Over 9000
  • Vulcan_Wolf - Dreamweaver
    Vulcan_Wolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I guess I'm one of the few enjoying the new system. I just want a way to allow people to view my achievements externally w/o going through facebook (i.e. a link to our achievements that doesn't require one to log into PWI). Mine JUST showed up and I'm pretty ecstatic about it.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Uhm.
    I think Core system thingy gave me the wrong award 'cuz I never leveled a veno past 28. >o> Think it switched veno & archer. Not to mention I had a lv 72 BM at one point but I get no achievement for that. Oh well, I guess as long as I know what I did in my head, that's all that count. Nice that I got my achievements though b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os