The Chinese Servers got Server Merges. Why can't we?

Comments

• oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    To all the self-centered pricks, you all are too defensive, too selfish to even understand each other. Let me tell you something, something that you always feel but can't tell what it is. If you've played the game for over a year as a pro, you've already reached end-game contents. You think merging servers is going to change anything besides meeting some new faces? If you think so, I can tell you right a way what type of person you are-- you are a guy who likes to press the same button over and over, staring at the same screen over and over, watching the same show over and over. That's called addiction. In other word, you are addicted. You want it just because you feel so, no logic whatsoever.

This game is dying. The developers are clueless about what else to add besides packs, packs, packs, and packs. What else do they do? They are making changes here and there in hope that more incomes flowing into their banks, no real development, improvement, innovation whatsoever. That's all. That's it. That's the end of PW.

Currently some are playing the game just to kill time and just because they love the characters that they've built for so long. b:bye
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes, apparently you didn't read much of that thread.

I'll reword what you said earlier...

The DQ nerf doesn't affect anyone, it's a figment of your imagination. Have you not been able to teleport that one extra time, or is there anything that you've actually not been able to do or buy because of the nerf? Of course not, you're silly, it didn't affect anyone. There is no proof, people still have money, they still play and look at that meaningless thread, it's dead.

The fact is that the changes to TW may not affect you, but it does have an effect on many other people and if you actually read all of the replies, not by the people bickering, but by the people who came in for the first time, many of them faction leaders or long time TW players, you'd realize that it's not just a load of BS, there is truth to it whether or not it affects you directly is one thing, denying there is a problem is another.

I misread your point.

The big guilds get enough mirages that the cost, at least for the faction, is self-sustaining... that'e one of the reasons why we can still TW. Bids are covered, towers are covered, cata scrolls, charms for cata barbs, apoc pots for them as well... so that's not an issue.

Also, the lack of involvement from the other top tier TW factions has made it cheaper to TW. They can't field a full TW anymore, we roll them in 5 minutes, no charm needed. And this is the beneficial reward of the changes?

Okay um really I think you went off on a tangent and lost me like majorly because while I do understand kinda what your sayin I don't understand how it has anything to do with this stuff really.

So um okay I am going to ask how does 150 mirages even come close to covering things? Small factions still have the same problems they did before hand the mirages change literally NOTHING in that regards. The reward for the changes is actually not being able to afford things like frankie said its so the big factions can't afford the charms and are more likely to break up (in so many words). The whole point of this is to crash the TW scene and wouldn't you think its working? They don't want factions to rule the entire map so they are taking steps to avoid it or correct it rather.

And no I haven't read your other TW threads keeping up on these threads everyday is a pain in the **** I get to it every day or so maybe every few days. Also where did you get that quote? And obviously it effects me but its effect doesn't change a lot of what needs to be done even with the pay. (previously getting 130k-250k on a good day) Really even though I don't actually use the pay since I have a more informational post now when I did fight I used 2 mil each week that TW pay was a drop in the bucket my comrades used up far more then me but they always seem to come up with enough and they aren't really big cash shoppers. (distraction tangent incoming)

Um right that still doesn't answer my question though am I missing something that makes it bad or like really different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mywisdom
    mywisdom Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As many of you already know, the Chinese servers have recently gotten a 2nd server merge, a TW map wipe with 1.5x compensation of the original pay for all the lands, and a server upgrade to hold more players with less lag. The GMs/Devs in China have readily acknowledged and addressed the problems with the vanishing competition in TW. I want to know why the GMs here at PWI aren't acknowledging that the same problem exists here. If you want proof of our declining TW competition check here.

Server merges seem to be looked down upon in our community, but why? Apparently server merges means that there are problems. Yes; that's true, but does ignoring problems mean that they will fix themselves? Or that they don't exist? No. Previous threads regarding the same subject have stated that there would be name conflicts, lag, and unfairness because of different economies. The Chinese servers have already resolved name conflict issues by adding a small title at the end of each person's name. Example: TheDan - Sanc and TheDan - HT could be plausible way to address the name issues on a newly opened server with a map reset, upgraded server engine to increase player capacity and reduced lag.

For unfairness in PvP/TW which is pretty much what end-game is for me... I have to admit I'd rather have unfair PVP and overall stimulated competition than no PVP and competition at all. For 3-4 months now, my faction has 5 minute rolled the 2nd strongest faction. We used to have line ups of 120-150 participants for war and now we're barely getting 60. No faction has attacked us since the TW changes and no faction has showed up to us in TW. I believe this is the same case for the Lost City server... the game would be revitalized if we introduced more players to compete against in TW. I would much rather lose a TW in 30 minutes knowing we fought our hardest than to crystal walk every faction on the server for 4 more months until the map is all one color. Map resets wouldn't be a viable option for increasing competition because people get tired of TWing against the same opponents under different tags. Most likely a map reset itself would only give people PvE TW and then once things become serious again.... people will use the same strategy: No Show.

With the slowly declining population of "long-term" players and them being replaced with the new generation of 10x end-game that hypered their way there... it leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth knowing things did not have to be this way. A lot of older players are just riding the game out because the only thing that keeps them playing is friends. If PWI truly wishes to retain more of their "long-term" players then why isn't server merging even considered an option?

Before I get an automated response on this thread, I want you to consider a few things... I haven't equipped a charm in almost 4 months for TW. It makes my entire faction less inclined to upgrade their gear, charge zen and basically play the game at all. Operating costs should be lower in the long run as there are less servers to manage. Even if admitting there are problems in the game is going to scare a few newer players away... you'd still be making more money in the long run by maintaining more "long-term" players, a better community and better customer satisfaction.

So before shutting out the entire idea of server merging completely... Ask yourself what is there to lose? Things are already starting to go downhill.. wouldn't acknowledging it and addressing it make people more inclined to stay "long term" players?

I'd like a real response from a GM about this... I definitely think server merging is a very plausible option at this point and a lot of people will agree with me here. What do the GM's think of the idea? I don't want to know if it's possible or not... I just want to know what they think of the concept behind it.

*removed* No one is going to play the same game for that long. The "Old" players will leave regardless if PWI was still the same. They just using the game "decline" as an excuse and acting like donkey's about it.

Merge is not needed. The "Old" Players moved on to BoI, FW, etc. PW are still in a win win situation.

Go cry else where and close the door behind you thanks.b:bye
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mywisdom wrote: »

Merge is not needed. The "Old" Players moved on to BoI, FW, etc. PW are still in a win win situation.

Says the pro. How about you learn about what you're talking about before you make some bull**** comment?

Go bull**** somewhere else and close the door behind you thanks. b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay um really I think you went off on a tangent and lost me like majorly because while I do understand kinda what your sayin I don't understand how it has anything to do with this stuff really.

I was just making the point that you saying that a problem doesn't exist doesn't mean that it doesn't, only that it may not affect you. Perhaps I'm bordering on arguing semantics, I'll stop.

So um okay I am going to ask how does 150 mirages even come close to covering things? Small factions still have the same problems they did before hand the mirages change literally NOTHING in that regards. The reward for the changes is actually not being able to afford things like frankie said its so the big factions can't afford the charms and are more likely to break up (in so many words). The whole point of this is to crash the TW scene and wouldn't you think its working? They don't want factions to rule the entire map so they are taking steps to avoid it or correct it rather.

Owning a little more than half the map, we get nearly 4000 mirages a week. We sell them for approximately 13k each. That's still 52,000,000 coins a week. It covers all our TW costs, covers charms and apoc for Barbs, as well as gives enough so that anyone who actually enters a TW instance still gets a salary. It doesn't really affect us much.

For a faction that only gets 150 mirages a week? At 13k that's only 1.95m. That will not cover the costs of bidding, attacking another land and defending another. It would mostly cover the costs of defending, but that's about it. Before, a faction who actually won a land would be able to cover their costs and have some left over.
    And no I haven't read your other TW threads keeping up on these threads everyday is a pain in the **** I get to it every day or so maybe every few days. Also where did you get that quote? which quote? And obviously it effects me but its effect doesn't change a lot of what needs to be done even with the pay. (previously getting 130k-250k on a good day) Really even though I don't actually use the pay since I have a more informational post now when I did fight I used 2 mil each week that TW pay was a drop in the bucket my comrades used up far more then me but they always seem to come up with enough and they aren't really big cash shoppers. (distraction tangent incoming)

Um right that still doesn't answer my question though am I missing something that makes it bad or like really different?

Erm, I'm sorry I don't know which paragraph is responding to what. Maybe I'm just having a hard time but your paragraph has me confused. :<

The TW thread had a lot of small faction leaders come in and give their opinions. A lot of them said with the new changes, they give up.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    Says the pro. How about you learn about what you're talking about before you make some bull**** comment?

Go bull**** somewhere else and close the door behind you thanks. b:bye

I know what I'm talking about. And I am pro, thank you for the compliment ;)
    Also I know what I'm talking about. If I didn't have a life, I would spend $40,000 on this game, no nonsense ****. And you know why I would? Because I love the game soo much.
    I don't play this version. I play the Chinese version and I know what I am talking about. You are some stupid troll that can't even get past 70... What a shameb:sad

The fact that he calls people and thinks about people that use hyper stones in any shape or form is not as good as him, when infact he is a little nublit, Is just a hypocrite.

And lastly Hypers, etc. Are part of the game. No matter how much they oracle or what doesn't stop them from being pro.

And thanks Boogieb:kiss
    edited August 2010
    "You are some stupid troll that can't even get past 70... What a shame"

Are your glasses on? I swear my avatar displays 73....

"I don't play this version"

Then why are you here commenting like you know what the **** is going on? You don't, simple as that.
    edited August 2010
    No offence but you are a complete and utter cu nt. No one is going to play the same game for that long. The "Old" players will leave regardless if PWI was still the same. They just using the game "decline" as an excuse and acting like donkey's about it.

The 'old' players are just waiting for one of a few new non PWE games or have already left PW and most will never play another PWE game...

Nice of you to be so offensive. Who are you? Oh... nobody. Just another idiot. b:chuckle

b:surrender
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    "You are some stupid troll that can't even get past 70... What a shame"

Are your glasses on? I swear my avatar displays 73....

"I don't play this version"

Then why are you here commenting like you know what the **** is going on? You don't, simple as that.

73 is the same as 70.

Well, he comments about the Chinese merging when he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just looking through the glassb:lipcurl
    edited August 2010
    The 'old' players are just waiting for one of a few new non PWE games or have already left PW and most will never play another PWE game...

Nice of you to be so offensive. Who are you? Oh... nobody. Just another idiot. b:chuckle

This guy doesn't even PWI, yet he's talking like he knows everything.
    mywisdown wrote: »
    I don't play this version. I play the Chinese version and I know what I am talking about.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd imagine some of the servers are quite full, but I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of server mergers or a TW map wipe. Certainly for the servers that are already ghost towns: Archosaur and Raging Tide. Smash them together and let the cash shoppers there have their way with each other, both servers have been stated to be practical ghost towns. Nothing is lost from merging those two servers, apart from the minority of players who cash shopped on both servers to be the kings of both servers because... IDK, they feel like it's a cool title and people care. Poor mislead little beings.

@ mywisdom: Maybe you haven't noticed but a lot of people on these forums are the old players. Some of them have quit, yes. Others of us however have not. You're very clearly mislead in your opinion if you think all the old players have moved: I recognise many people here to have played PWI from when it was in CB, and many many others have easily been here for at least a year and a half - long before any serious changes or expansions started to happen.

At least get your facts right before you run around like an idiot preaching we've all left. You won't look as much of a moron when you're proven wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    73 is the same as 70.

Well, he comments about the Chinese merging when he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just looking through the glassb:lipcurl

73 =/= 70. Ask my 5 year brother, even he knows that. I believe you said "some troll who couldn't even get past 70". which is implying that I'm in my 6x or lower.

And aren't you looking through the glass? You don't know anything about PWI, so why don't you do yourself a favour and go back to PW-CN where you belong?
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010

I'm not the idiot that loses my precious sleep to prowl the forums, unlike a certain someone, Idiot.
  • ScarletOwl - Raging Tide
    ScarletOwl - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    A server merge is only a temporary fix to your TW boredom, it would only help for a while before you had the problem again. I think a way that would help make TW more interesting would be to allow 3 or 4 factions fight for the same piece of land at once.
    edited August 2010
    I'm not the idiot that loses my precious sleep to prowl the forums, unlike a certain someone, Idiot.

Err I think you're the moron here. You don't know anything about our game, yet you comment like you're a veteran. I don't usually say this but GTFO.
    edited August 2010

I sleep plenty. Thank you for being concerned about my health. Please commit suicide now. Thank you. b:victory
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    73 =/= 70. Ask my 5 year brother, even he knows that.

And aren't you looking through the glass? You don't know anything about PWI, so why don't you do yourself a favour and go back to PW-CN where you belong?

You're right. That is where I belong.

You should really think about playing other versions of PW (If you're not one of the MY ones) The people in CN were farming mobs for 20 hours a day non-stop... 250,000 an hour.
    I could go on and on... Anyway if you got a very good computer, you should try it out there. You would become a better player. Skill, combo wise and all. You'd learn a lot of things.

Anyway bye PWI. I better stop trollingb:chuckle
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010

You should really think about playing other versions of PW (If you're not one of the MY ones) The people in CN were farming mobs for 20 hours a day non-stop... 250,000 an hour.
    I could go on and on... Anyway if you got a very good computer, you should try it out there. You would become a better player. Skill, combo wise and all. You'd learn a lot of things.

You know, I never thought I'd see the day, but we've find somebody who trolls worse and sucks harder then Yulk.

I'd say Gratz but it's not something to be proud of when you're on the same level or worse then that local moron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    You know, I never thought I'd see the day, but we've find somebody who trolls worse and sucks harder then Yulk.

I'd say Gratz but it's not something to be proud of when you're on the same level or worse then that local moron.

Never be rude on the forums or anywhere Airyll just shows how insecure you are. And don't worry I don't take things to heart. Take care, sweetheart. b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Are those the kids who got out of college and have nothing to do because they can't find a job? Or the kids who couldn't get into college in the first place? if so then we're totally jealous. playing for 20+ hours a day non-stop pretty much means one has problems in one's life and would like to have another
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Eh well I guess that is correct Michael well the part about the mirages that is b:chuckle if they sell.

I was talking about the DQ thing and my whole logic behind the comment is the exact same logic that you presented to say that it didn't matter at least anymore. See cause a big deal is made of anything on this forums and its gotten to the point where pretty much everything people complain about is nothing. (in monotone)Long time ago everyone was so hot and bothered about nixes so powerful so deadly so not a problem anymore. Even further ago people were hot and bothered about 79 skills so broken boo hoo so not a problem anymore. So many examples I simply cannot start to say them all. Therefore since the things the GMs tend to say usually come to pass and everyone gets over it and accepts their fate as the case may be but they always complain about something new this is just the flavor of the month. And thus its also all in their heads a figment as I said a mountain out of a mole hill like I said. Its never as bad as people say not anywhere close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sethh wrote: »
    Sorry but 100% agree this is the only way and GM's can lick my balls

The dog turn you down again?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    Are those the kids who got out of college and have nothing to do because they can't find a job? Or the kids who couldn't get into college in the first place? if so then we're totally jealous. playing for 20+ hours a day non-stop pretty much means one has problems in one's life and would like to have another.

You know Quilue, It's not worth being a RedsRose what you have here, a person that works all day in the game. It's better to just buy your way thought and make money casually and just PK, and put the money on an alt if you're fully geared.

I solo farmed near 400,000,000 In 2/1 Months, but I was pretty silly with it. And yes I played for about 15 hours a day. But to be honest it's not worth it, especially when you have a wonderful lady beside you.

If I did play here which is very unlikely cause I only play very causally for the PK. I would spend a lot of money here If, say I did. Get yourself a Warsoul/Rank Vllll or what ever and indulge yourself. And a year worth of fun is worth it, only if you're very young though ;)

Anyway let me be off ;)
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *removed*
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    You know Quilue, It's not worth being a RedsRose what you have here, a person that works all day in the game. It's better to just buy your way thought and make money casually and just PK, and put the money on an alt if you're fully geared.

I solo farmed near 400,000,000 In 2/1 Months, but I was pretty silly with it. And yes I played for about 15 hours a day. But to be honest it's not worth it, especially when you have a wonderful lady beside you.

If I did play here which is very unlikely cause I only play very causally for the PK. I would spend a lot of money here If, say I did. Get yourself a Warsoul/Rank Vllll or what ever and indulge yourself. And a year worth of fun is worth it, only if you're very young though ;)

Anyway let me be off ;)

Rank 9 = Rank IX

If you're going to try and pretend your smarter, make sure you actually are. Now GTFO back to your server where you might be wanted, you little troll. I thought you said you were leaving?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Eh well I guess that is correct Michael well the part about the mirages that is b:chuckle if they sell.

Yes, they do sell. Even if they don't, 4000 Mirages will NPC for 40,000,000 coin.

I was talking about the DQ thing and my whole logic behind the comment is the exact same logic that you presented to say that it didn't matter at least anymore.

Ok, you were being confusing then. :P

Yes, that was my point. You put a blanket statement saying TW changes didn't affect anything, that it was all imagination. That's not true, it affected TW greatly. Perhaps it hasn't affected you directly, but it still affects a lot of people. The same with the DQ nerf. It didn't do anything to me, but just because it doesn't affect me at all, I do see the people that it has affected. That's what I meant about differentiating between fact or opinion.

See cause a big deal is made of anything on this forums and its gotten to the point where pretty much everything people complain about is nothing. .... And thus its also all in their heads a figment as I said a mountain out of a mole hill like I said. Its never as bad as people say not anywhere close.

Most of the times you would be right. Most of those threads disappear in a day or two as well. When you see topics that outrage enough people to keep a thread reach a couple hundred pages, there's a good chance that there really is an issue that affects more than just a few people.
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    Rank 9 = Rank IX

If you're going to try and pretend your smarter, make sure you actually are. Now GTFO back to your server where you might be wanted, you little troll. I thought you said you were leaving?

lolumad?
    b:laugh
  • mywisdom
    edited August 2010
    Rank 9 = Rank IX

And fyi I was on Dreamweaver server before you. And I'm higher than you.

So that is my server? haha.
    edited August 2010
    *removed*
    edited August 2010
    And fyi I was on Dreamweaver server before you. And I'm higher than you.

So that is my server? haha.

No you weren't. You said you never played PWI.

Fail troll.
This discussion has been closed.