who even are proud of the looks you can see that by the way
    some dress their character completely in some style
    some like the tough guy look
    and others like the more charming way
  • r0ck3r
    r0ck3r Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Loeki, so you know I'm not talking out of turn, Tefalzor is one of my characters.

(My apologies for this will likely be a long post).

I'm sorry to see you have taken this decision to withdraw and, as it comes off the back of the multi-account/character (ab)user, it looks like they have, to a point, by disrupting the contest, started to achieve their goal of ending this. They aren't in it and, even if they were, they have the view that if they can't win, nobody can so they try to train-wreck any event by stirring things up.

As for the comments, I entered with my male archer on a whim, to compliment my female wiz, for a bit of fun. I knew he wouldn't have a chance but he is different, so I thought I'd see, for being so different what kind of score he'd get. Sure enough, so far in the scoring he has bombed.

I agree entirely that the scoring example you have given is a bit harsh, the view expressed was strong and a bit serious. Where is the fun element going? Truth be known, I didn't expect anything quite so severe either! I knew my character was a real long-shot but I didn't think it so bad as to get the exclamation it has, something more along the lines of 'lol! Very different but not beauty contest material'. Nevertheless, I entered for fun, to see how my characters compared to others, peoples views on them, not to win, prizes don't interest me at all, I view this as something for the community to unite in. It would just be a nice bonus to be ranked somewhere.

Irrespective of how the contest ends up, it is meant to be fun.

Sadly, hijackers have cast a shadow over the contest and the community as a whole and also, sad to say, some judging hasn't quite been presented in the spirit some expected. As others have said, many people view attractiveness in a different way, that's where these competitions are never easy. Certainly it seems in games, it has to be all smooth and neutral to the point of featureless, realism doesn't seem to cut it, nor does going for something truly stand-out unique! Unfortunately, these different views can lead to what seems like a biased view, even if completely unintended but much of that is doubt cast by the hijacker.

For what it is worth, I can see what you tried with your character and where you are coming from with what you say. I like your character, it is different, it is individual and far removed from a preset and many of the run-of-the-mill same-thing pretty boy characters out there. Your character Roberto makes me think of a mix of cross-country skiers, rally drivers (Juha Kankkunen?) and 80's movie stars! The top pic, I see you have got the general shape of the cheeks and chin pretty close. I can see him in an alpine bar, for real, downing a whisky! If this was the kind of impression you intended, you have succeeded there, that's worth more points than on a score-sheet somewhere. b:victory

Hope, keep smiling, you're doing a great job here, ignore anyone that says otherwise.

Just going with the flow...
  • __LOEKI__ - Heavens Tear
    __LOEKI__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    as respond on the poster r0ck3r above me
    I had withdrawn already a few days before the
    people you called hijackers so my withdrawing has
    nothing to do with them and what they where talking about
    think I already took my character out like a week ago
    the first time they put up the sheet and I read the comment and
    feel like some funny joke that was given points for the ugliness
    so in my opinion on that time did not see any use of me beeing in
    there much longer and watch to get more insults
    I am not expecting to win or whatever but I had hoped
    because they talk so serious about the competition to make it as honest
    as possible atleast to get critic that does not sound like what the heck
    and below by overal eeew what the heck like I am somoething dirty
    I do not mind getting critic but it can be said atleast with a bit more respect
    like I said before in other post we are al people
    and you do not know who is on the other side
    for same thing can be a grandpa who is not so good in making looks
    but is very proud on what he made
    and then few schoolkids act like the way they do
    this is just my opinion
    if you do not like it you can just say it in a more normal friendly way
    is nothing wrong with that
    but my leaving was way before the discussion started so it is not their fault I left
    I already was gone

and about the look I was not really making it look like anyone
    just tried to make a strong looking male character
    without to be very muscle looking body but just fitting good for a healer
    do not think a healer need to be a muscle guy it does not have to fight
    and thanks for compliment and yes I like my characters look
    but thanks for compliment anyway
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    alls i have to say is wtf is wrong with some of u? hope is tryin to run a contest so they make a not so nice comment about ur char, well maybe u should have thought about that b4 u admitted it to be JUDGED. i mean im just happy to have a contest at all. this is y ppl dont run hardly any contests anymore because ppl cry and whine or troll about everything.....and the personal attacks on hopes appearance is just stupid and childish, maybe the ppl making those comments should take a look in the mirror. ok end rant,

hope i just wanna say ty for even holding a contest and spending ur own gold for prizes. grats to whoever the winners will b.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    not sure if people noticed but I got my characters out of this competition

I got feeling this is same as al others even if they say it is not
    people who they know like coco sky graviora and some more got al
    oh and ah so cute and beautifull most of time
    al up to them but I do not like some text they put in my sheet

Uhm. :/ I barely know Hope. And quite frankly, if I may boast, my character is quite pretty. And so far, it doesn't matter, yet. Only Hope has added onto my spreadsheet. I might end up losing from the next votes. Maybe Hope actually personally thinks these characters are pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Uhm. :/ I barely know Hope. And quite frankly, if I may boast, my character is quite pretty. And so far, it doesn't matter, yet. Only Hope has added onto my spreadsheet. I might end up losing from the next votes. Maybe Hope actually personally thinks these characters are pretty.

Your character is quite pretty? Well... you should add: "I think" or "I believe". I saw a lot of people telling you you are beautiful, but I don't feel the same way. But then again, it is all an opinion and.... well the judges have their own....

EDIT: Sorry, I just felt like you WERE boasting, and I don't quite approve of it. Don't take it as a flame post/bait. I'll assume that you wanted to make a valid point about different people having different opinions. Cause that is what you meant, rite??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Your character is quite pretty? Well... you should add: "I think" or "I believe". I saw a lot of people telling you you are beautiful, but I don't feel the same way. But then again, it is all an opinion and.... well the judges have their own....

Lol :P I understand people don't think my character is pretty, but I see no need to say "I think" or "I believe." Its obviously an opinion :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm not on here for 1 day and look what happens...

This is sad that (as other people mentioned) she is trying to run a contest with her own money for her own reasons to try to make the game even more fun for us and all she gets is a bunch of **** about it? See, this is why i wouldn't do this kind of thing on the forums, because of all the unappreciative people who always ruin fun things such as this (even though there are fun-loving/non ruiners). As for the people complaining about "oh they said my character was ugly looking, etc QQ" that's what "JUDGES" do, they judge and in this case, it's on appearance. Just like how Simon from American Idol tells some of these people they cant sing, some of them take it as constructive criticism, some wine/cry/get angry, like some of you.

Hope, I for one think that this was an excellent idea for a contest, and I hope that you don't let any of these ignorant people get to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol :P I understand people don't think my character is pretty, but I see no need to say "I think" or "I believe." Its obviously an opinion :P

I could argue about it, but that is not the time, place or reason for it.

All my 'niceness' to all people in this thread (apart from dash and ki).b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __LOEKI__ - Heavens Tear
    __LOEKI__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Trueazaril - Lost City alls i have to say is wtf is wrong with some of u? hope is tryin to run a contest, she said in the very beginning that there are not any biased ppl so get over it.. so they make a not so nice comment about ur char, well maybe u should have thought about that b4 u admitted it to be JUDGED. i mean im just happy to have a contest at all. this is y ppl dont run hardly any contests anymore because ppl cry and whine or troll about everything.....and the personal attacks on hopes appearance is just stupid and childish, maybe the ppl making those comments should take a look in the mirror. ok end rant,

sorry but there is comment and there is just insulting
    and childish you sorry you do not know me
    and you can not say that I have been rude in any comment I have
    given so far atleast not like what the heck and
    like some other comments they give to mostly the male characters
    and I never be insulting or rudse to hope personal like the others did
    because that has nothing to do with this at all
    I mean I do not know here personally
    and you say end rant but if people stil keep commenting I have the
    right to respond so that keep rant going sorry not completely my fault

but let me wish you goodluck in contest

Graviora - Dreamweaver

wel think about looks we both have different opinions then
    sorry if sound rude not ment to be but have seen others I think in my opinion look better
    but again not want to offend you in any way it is just an opinion of me

but wish you goodluck in the contest to
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is totally rigged. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mackai - Sanctuary
    Mackai - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *Sniff sniff* This smells so rigged. b:chuckle
  • Thelancelot - Sanctuary
    Thelancelot - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ewwww sooo rigged.
  • Saphires - Sanctuary
    Saphires - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree with my Sanctuary fellows.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You people are ridiculous and its really sad how you are trying to ruin this for the people who actually "want" to have this contest be a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • Mizuri_Su - Sanctuary
    Mizuri_Su - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    y so rigged?
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    loluriggedthissohard.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:bye gtfo sanc stop ruining this b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol.

I'm pretty sure people are saying 'rigged' now just to annoy everyone.
    It's working. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol.

I'm pretty sure this is rigged, just to annoy everyone.
    It's working. >.>

Totally. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    HOPE I LOVE YOU MARRY ME PLEASE!
    Can we win by posting rl beauty pics? I've got a pro pic of me in my birthday suit that could probably win.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh how I love Sanctuary. b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh how I love Sanctuary. b:kiss

Belle baby this is so rigged right? b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OMG HOPE !

*worships *
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Belle baby this is so rigged right? b:dirty

Of course it is, Nadis. Since you would have automatically won already, Nadisdear. b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Of course it is, Nadis. Since you would have automatically won already, Nadisdear. b:kiss

We would be sharing first place Belle. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    <
    is ashamed to hail form Sanctuary.

To Hope. I hope (lol) that you stick this contest out but I totaly understand if you dont do another one. I think what was a realy neat, fun idea has turned been tainted by some very childish people who if they cannot say something nice should not say anything at all.

Rigged, bias or not, some peoples actions have been totaly unnecessary and disgusting. It turns my stomach to see people got out of thier way to hurt, harass and out right bully other people just to make themselves feel important and big.

I watched your video hope and I know you said dont feed the trolls, but this has gotten out of hand and I just wanted you to know I support you and this contest and Im sorry to have seen it turn out like it
    has.

~Dray =)
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    <
    is ashamed to hail form Sanctuary.

To Hope. I hope (lol) that you stick this contest out but I totaly understand if you dont do another one. I think what was a realy neat, fun idea has turned been tainted by some very childish people who if they cannot say something nice should not say anything at all.

Rigged, bias or not, some peoples actions have been totaly unnecessary and disgusting. It turns my stomach to see people got out of thier way to hurt, harass and out right bully other people just to make themselves feel important and big.

I watched your video hope and I know you said dont feed the trolls, but this has gotten out of hand and I just wanted you to know I support you and this contest and Im sorry to have seen it turn out like it
    has.

~Dray =)
    I agree 100% and i think that the people posting in this contest (not all) has gone from good to just asinine. Keep up the good work, and if u wind up not doing another one, most of us will understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Update 29 September 2010

I cannot begin with how disappointed I am in so many of you all.
    Its an embarrassment to read this all for all of you.
    I'm 14, going on 15 next week (yes my birthday is next week)
    I'm freaking sick here with a fever of 101.
    I made that stupid video with a fever of 102.
    I was losing my voice at the time of that video.
    I can't even recognize my own voice in that video
    And yet, I get all this.

I get all the freaking trolls, spammers, etc here.
    The last 5-10 pages have been derailed by them.
    Its just so pathetic to watch and makes me want to quit.
    But I won't.

I already put so much into this, and I will finish it.
    However, having a second contest now is starting to get out of question.
    I do not deserve this disrespect.
    Nobody does.

I made this contest originally to make all those who tried the old one to be happy.
    I have been using my own time to go through all of you guys as best as I could.
    My mum has given up her own time when she could have been doing something better.
    As goes to everyone else on the judging panel.
    You guys QQ and complain how you guys have low scores, but think this.
    WHO IS THE PERSON WHO IS GOING TO SPEND THEIR OWN MONEY ON THIS?
    ME.

Its pathetic to read this contest is rigged,
    When I tried my best to make it unbiased as I could.
    I've been maliciously been attacked with posts with rigged and unbiased so much.
    People have forgotten something there.

I'm human, I make my own mistakes, I'm not an adult.
    I have feelings, I have my own opinions, I'm just being human.
    Do you guys think I have a heart of metal really?
    Reading this stuff hurts, and trust me, I have cried before.
    Now as I re-read your stuff, I just laugh at your stupidity.
    Its so pathetic, I can't believe I wasted so much time already as of now to people like this.

Anyways, before I go to personal comments, here is a Question and Answer for some of your questions in the past few pages.

Questions and Answers (as of 29/9/10)

Q.) How much will player voting count?

A.) To be honest, before all this stupid stuff happened, I had been planning to describe how we would get the final winners. Player voting will not guarantee you a win. The reason we have a player voting is so I don't get QQ'd for not letting the public vote also.

However, I have realized from past events that player voting is equal to a popularity contest. I have known from the start that player voting can start popularity contests. Examples of this is school council at school, etc.

The final say on who the winners are will be the judging panel + 2 more individuals. Poll results will be part of the decision, but not completely.

Q.) How about a Player Choice Awards?

A.) I'm not sure yet. Since then I'm sure I'll get even more QQ'd about it and yeah. I'll think about it but at the moment, I have no say on that.

Q.) Why are so-and-so's voted (i.e. Graviora, etc.) and mine isn't? Are they going to win?

A.) Oh my freaking gawd, I personally voted on the girl entries for a while before we decided to finish up all the guys first. Just cause I already voted on some of them does not mean that they will win! Get that in your brains please!

Q.) Where is the video?

A.) I have taken it down. Please read my responses to KiAngelo/Dashiko for more information.

Q.) Can I bribe you for 1st place?

A.) I will never, ever accept money, even if it is just a donation.
    I hate being given money. I am a giver, not a person who gets stuff.

Now... For personal comments that I have to say to many of you:

KiAngelo/Dashiko: I do apologize for the video. However, I don't apologize for anything else. If you're one or two people, I don't know. I don't know what you guys do in real life, but same goes back to me. I'm going to take the video down after I finish this post so I hope you guys will let go of all this and give me a break.

failerpwnd: I have no clue who you are, but oh well. The "pretty low of you" comment hurt, but I can't deny that part.

crystalynnex: Umm... thanks?

MadisonRayne: Too late.... And the answer to your question is just above this in the small Q&A I did just for the last 5 pages.

Llux: Thank you for that suggestion :) And the Q&A above might help you out too.

Myralis: Thanks .____.

Grippieluver: Thanks grippie so much T_____T

_LOEKI_: One, I have read every single one of your posts. I was highly disappointed when I realized you took off your own entry. I was really looking forward to your entry. If you want to re-post your entry I will accept it.

However, heres a thought for you. My sister was home by herself at the time she voted for yours. I did not see her vote on yours until I tried to go to your entry. I was highly shocked by her words and I apologize for her (she refuses to since she says a guy should be a guy..). She's younger than me, and that is all I will say. Please think on that.

Just so you know, I really did like your character. From the first time I saw it and your barb, I was looking forward to it so much.

And thank you for the help you did, even if it was little.

Kyna: Thanks for everything

Buttercupcruella: Thanks a bunch too.

r0ck3r: Gosh thank you so much.

Trueazaril: Gawd I don't know what words to say, its so nice knowing people still support me.

Graviora: Your character is pretty and I won't deny that part. But the fact people have been using it against you, I apologize for them since they won't.

Krisnda: T______________T I'll try

Nadis/Mackai/Thelancelot/Saphires/Mizuri_Su/MiStAiSa of Sanctuary: Please remove your own posts and get out of this thread. I'm sick and tired of you people.

KuiXing and Jellytoast (pg. 32): Thank you guys so much.

Russiee: .............. Can I just go over there and throw my laptop at your face? >.>

Cocobelle: I have no idea how to respond to that post

TheMagicPimp: =.= same response as to Russiee's.

Cocobelle/Nadis: Get out of this thread if you are planning to continue that and go to PMs. Failure to do so will mean disqualification for both of Cocobelle's entries. I am already sick of the spam, I don't need ANY more.

Draykarna: Thanks so much .____.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011