The state of TW by Server since the changes...

Options

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Is it worth continuing this discussion a week later?

For me, yes. I will update the first post as more people post this weekend and I'll add the relevant comments that successfully contrast and move forward with them as the system matures.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9772362&postcount=5006

I think that post tells you everything you want to know about Sanct TW scene for this weekend.

Three "new" factions attacking this week. We (REVENGE) got outbid again.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Although it is quite debatable... I still thought I would post about the most noticeable tw to me. =x

Although the second top guild here on dreamweaver had a 3 way defense they still got rolled over by the top faction. ;/ Which in the past month or so (before the update), even the second strongest were able to defend against a 3 way gank; though, now, they seem to be struggling to hold off multiple guilds. EDIT: erm yea I need to fix this...

What I meant was simply that before the updates.... the 2nd tier faction could hold of the top faction along with 2 other guilds attacking them, but after this update, they lost to the top faction in about 30 minutes or so, but won the other 2 fights, in a lot less time. =x

meh
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1st best guild (Narla) killed 2nd best guild (Impulse) in 20 minutes or so, whereas it used to take them around 2.5 hours to kill Impulse. Way to fix the game, PWE.

Also, 3rd best guild (Fatalis) got ganked by 3 factions, which they all got fended off in 20 minutes.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Although it is quite debatable... I still thought I would post about the most noticeable tw to me. =x

Although the second top guild here on dreamweaver had a 3 way defense they still got rolled over by the top faction. ;/ Which in the past month or so (before the update), even the second strongest were able to defend against a 3 way gank; though, now, they seem to be struggling to hold off multiple guilds.

meh

Slivaf you don't know what you are talking about. Quite frankly since Ajay has taken a leave of absence and he was in my opinion a great TW leader, our strategies have had to be reorganised. We lost Jay our best cata barb to RL issues as well. You just do not know everything that is going on in EQ, we have lost a number of Class A TW players over the last couple months. If you look at how the wars were going, you could see it has been a stale-mate for a while. The last month has been particularly hard for EQ.

The TW changes did cause a morale dump for a bit, but teaching people to farm coin etc has worked well.. Not like getting 400k-900k per TW, depending if you participated in 2 tw's per was that much.

As the leader of the second strongest faction of DW, We did in fact have a 3 way gank. The third attack being from first strongest faction and they attacked a lvl 2 territory which they had 6 catas against us. It makes quite a difference. I thought we did an awesome job defending the first 2 and even stretching the time to defend against calamity by a few minutes (compared to the previous 2 weeks). Our attendance is getting better. I think that since I have taken over EQ our members morale has improved quite a bit. We had a full 86 people to defend 3 lands (compared to 71 last week), but we did well and I couldn't be more proud of our members. Many people had RL engagements this week as summer comes to an end and school begins.

The most significant change I see is it is now EQ being ganked. The server is hoping that Calamity, once they take over the map, will generously give them charity lands.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Slivaf you don't know what you are talking about. Quite frankly since Ajay has taken a leave of absence and he was in my opinion a great TW leader, our strategies have had to be reorganised. We lost Jay our best cata barb to RL issues as well. You just do not know everything that is going on in EQ, we have lost a number of Class A TW players over the last couple months. If you look at how the wars were going, you could see it has been a stale-mate for a while. The last month has been particularly hard for EQ.

The TW changes did cause a morale dump for a bit, but teaching people to farm coin etc has worked well.. Not like getting 400k-900k per TW, depending if you participated in 2 tw's per was that much.

As the leader of the second strongest faction of DW, We did in fact have a 3 way gank. The third attack being from first strongest faction and they attacked a lvl 2 territory which they had 6 catas against us. It makes quite a difference. I thought we did an awesome job defending the first 2 and even stretching the time to defend against calamity by a few minutes (compared to the previous 2 weeks). Our attendance is getting better. I think that since I have taken over EQ our members morale has improved quite a bit. We had a full 86 people to defend 3 lands (compared to 71 last week), but we did well and I couldn't be more proud of our members. Many people had RL engagements this week as summer comes to an end and school begins.

The most significant change I see is it is now EQ being ganked. The server is hoping that Calamity, once they take over the map, will generously give them charity lands.

Meh believe me I know that most of the wars eq has had with cala have been stalemates... I am not blind, I do still pay a bit of attention to the game to deduce that not only you all had those stalemate battles, but that you are also going through a rough time right now. I really hope you all recover, despite the attitude I pick up from leaders like yourself, I meant no disrespect with my last post, and yet your post makes it sounds like I was trying to make eq look bad, which is not the case, I am sorry that it looked like so. =x

I noticed a lot of players that I played with while I was in Equinox had different factions above their head, now for what reasons they left equinox, I will never know but it was ultimately up to them, I am not about to ask everyone I see. =x

Sorry, I never meant to imply that you all can't hold off multiple guilds, it just that before the update, you could hold off calamity, and 2 other guilds, whereas after the update, (2 weeks after) you all unfortunately could not do so. ;/ I really do hope you all recover despite old feeling boiling up to the surface. <<

Don't even get me started on Ajay, I never questioned his strategical ability, just... well... you know... (or at least should, though I am sure you have a different mindset about what really upset me with him, which is fine I don't care, I don't want that **** to start again, and definitely not here) =x I seriously don't want to run into that fence again. <<

Seriously take care Aubree, and please do give my best wishes to that leader of yours when he gets back. :s I may not have agreed with how he was handling things... but that doesn't in any way mean I wish to see him leave or get killed. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry for not having bumped this thread and updated it. I thought this last weekend would provide something clearly different than we saw after the first weekend, but to the best of my observations it has not.

It seems as if TW has taken a major turn for the worse on all the servers. Is this not a correct observation? Please tell me what you've seen that would indicate otherwise.

b:surrender
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It seems as if TW has taken a major turn for the worse on all the servers. Is this not a correct observation? Please tell me what you've seen that would indicate otherwise.

b:surrender

I'm still saying that TW scene is not much worse on Sanct. I'll post the new Battlefront Report when it's written.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Turn-out for people attending tw the 2nd week after change was horrible,I honestly think they killed tw -sad panda face-
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm still saying that TW scene is not much worse on Sanct. I'll post the new Battlefront Report when it's written.

Ok, will look forward to it, however it looks as if you're correct that you may be the only server that hasn't changed much.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is my opinion, been playing too little to be fully accurate but few things I want to point out. There really isn`t too much TWs, I`m not sure if the lack started before or after the change, yet not too long ago, Archosaur had a lot more weekly TW action.

The TWs are short, expecially Impulse vs Narla... We had such a fine TWs before, now Impulse is lacking players willing to do TW, letting Narla win in 5-15mins, when it was like month ago when we had 3h ones. Before Impulse recruited 80+, now I noticed we recruiting 60+(That recruiting drop is after TW change, sure of that), just for TW activity, I`d say that`s something to notice regarding TW activity inside bigger guild(s). Heard Narla having similar problems, just not as bad as Impulse, though I can be wrong on that one.

I`m not putting any numbers on players we`ve lost after TW patch, I`d say a lot though, prolly closer to 20 have quit since it. Also, a lot of ppl have stopped TWing, most of our TW activity is by lower lvls, high lvls seem to have quit mostly. Dunno if that is something other TW factions have noticed happening to them?

Ps. I myself have not TWd for a long time due rl stuff, but I like to keep myself informed with "how it went?" =).
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I haven't TW'd in well over a year (not by Choice, but by necessity), only then it was because we had a free map (Dreamweaver had just opened...Nef on Sanc back then had full control)

TW always trails off once a faction takes over the majority of the map, Calamity currently hold a major portion of the map, thus get rich can afford tobuy towers etconly ever really fighting when Equinox places a bid on their land.

In a way...this new..."reward" for TW's could open up the maps for lesser factions to have a go...but there isn't any incentive there anymore with the withdrawl of coin reward.

It has good and bad in equal ammounts...it's just refining this change into more good than bad...can you see that happening?
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Not much worse is a bit of an understatement; considering how bad it already was BEFORE the update. I don't even know how it could get much worse. My faction's had no TW in 3-4 months and we're the 2nd largest land owning faction... I don't think it's getting better. If things stayed how it was before TW would be horrible.... after the update TW has just gotten a little worse. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It has good and bad in equal ammounts...it's just refining this change into more good than bad...can you see that happening?

Nice opinion, but it belongs in the stickied thread aobut TW.

This thread is on comments and observations about how TW is actually being affected by server and how it's affecting Faction participation or lack of it.

• Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not much worse is a bit of an understatement; considering how bad it already was BEFORE the update. I don't even know how it could get much worse. My faction's had no TW in 3-4 months and we're the 2nd largest land owning faction... I don't think it's getting better. If things stayed how it was before TW would be horrible.... after the update TW has just gotten a little worse. b:surrender

You know dan, it's nice to see the leader of such a successful faction be so humble. You guys own Arch and 1k streams, in all honesty you are the biggest land owning faction. It was impressive to watch you guys and other factions band together to take down nef. If only arch server could take a hint and do the same to take out Narla.

/regisuckup

Anyways, I have noticed a huge decline in interest on this server overall. It may be because of Narla seeming unstoppable (which they aren't) but it's most likely the TW change. Alot of factors have crippled TW on this server. The continuous creation of these factions like domain/bunnies/celestial/elusive all attracting the same people hoping for a bit of success. This server reminds me of the gold rush. A gold rush that's in all honesty over. Many came to create success, and leave empty handed now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The continuous creation of these factions like domain/bunnies/celestial/elusive all attracting the same people hoping for a bit of success. /QUOTE]

Actually LC is guilty of this as well. There are a number of people that join these RPK guilds... they build them up, they start to look like they'll be an intimidating factor, then internal strife or drama just rips them apart... so they form a new faction and start again, and again, and again... If they just picked a sensible leader with some actual direction, they might actually get somewhere, but usually it's one of the 'popular' players that ends up starting the guild, they're good at being popular but bad at running factions, so yeah, it ends up crumbling and reforming a month or two later. If they could all group up and remain cohesive, it would be more fun. Sadly they don't seem to be able to.
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually LC is guilty of this as well. There are a number of people that join these RPK guilds... they build them up, they start to look like they'll be an intimidating factor, then internal strife or drama just rips them apart... so they form a new faction and start again, and again, and again... If they just picked a sensible leader with some actual direction, they might actually get somewhere, but usually it's one of the 'popular' players that ends up starting the guild, they're good at being popular but bad at running factions, so yeah, it ends up crumbling and reforming a month or two later. If they could all group up and remain cohesive, it would be more fun. Sadly they don't seem to be able to.

I've actually seen this work on Sanctuary. Vindicate is now a successful faction from what i see. Anyways your right, it usually falls down to fail leadership, or internal fighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You know dan, it's nice to see the leader of such a successful faction be so humble. You guys own Arch and 1k streams, in all honesty you are the biggest land owning faction. It was impressive to watch you guys and other factions band together to take down nef. If only arch server could take a hint and do the same to take out Narla.

/regisuckup

Well I know this thread isn't the place to discuss it, but all I wished to see was more competitive TW and challenge. Regardless if it's my faction, Nef's, Vindicates, etc... I really hoped the competition would return to our server like it had in the older days. I don't mind losing if we fought our hardest... and I don't mind winning if the opposition gave it their best. That's what was fun about the 3 hour TWs we had against Nef when everyone was fighting their hardest and giving it their all. Competitive TW is definitely a defining aspect of the game a lot of end-game players enjoy.

My faction and 2 other factions tried to triple attack Nef each week and for 6 months we prevented Nef from completing their server domination for the last 7-8 lands. Despite 3 month losing streaks we always showed up with our A game and best players. TW was very epic back then. They ended up taking the map eventually but it was a hell of a challenge and it required cooperation and alliances with other factions to hold them.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MagicChu - Sanctuary
    MagicChu - Sanctuary Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm from one of smaller factions that does weekly TWs in Sanctuary vs Nef. I noticed that before the patch, Nef would put up a strong defense and fight for every land they had.

Now after the patch, they would do a no show or give land to any faction they deemed can charm **** them. So during the weekends you will see Nef doing TW, but effectively they are only doing 1-2 major TW per week where the TW lasts longer than 20 minutes. The rest are 4-5 minute steam roll against 10-20ppl tw factions which doesn't cost them much charm. I suspect they can no longer afford to do massive TWs as before now that they no longer have the money to back up the charm use that comes with it.

TWing for Amp is still fun and we are fortunate enough to get the full 80 nef fighting us each week. However, this number is about 50% less than previous nef show outs for TW before the patch. I remember them being able to hold 2 major TWs at once rather than just one and still win.

What we see now isn't a drastic change in number of TWs being declared but we see a huge change in the quality of the TWs. The time TW takes, the number of people showing up to TW, and the number who still play this game has drastically declined since the changes took place.

If you are in Sanctuary, go take a look at the Auction House and look at the Skill Book section. I often find that in a healthy TW/pking server, that section will often be flooded with skill books. Today I see 8-10 books being sold where there used to be pages and pages of them. =/
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm noticing that some factions (On several servers) are having less people going.
    :(
  • Fistus - Harshlands
    Fistus - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Here's what I have noticed since changes. I'm on Harshlands.

Before changes I never noticed too much TW action. Couple wars a week; mostly biggest faction being taken down by next biggest faction. One other guild has land... seems to be allowed by largest faction.

Since TW changes I haven't really seen a difference. I heard rumors that the two biggest guilds were going to boycott in protest, but that seems to not be the case.
    Biggest guild seems to be falling apart.
    Second biggest guild (maybe biggest now) has a somewhat large defection - which started their own faction.
    These things only lead to more TW. It seems like it is now harder to keep a faction together since you can't just throw 1m at each TW-ing member each week. This, ultimately, leads to more TW as the new guilds build up strength.

Outside the TW realm.... Gold prices have dropped to 370k-400k (from 450-500k) and it just feels like they are going lower (more people selling for less more often). I have seen +10 Vit stones going for 4m+ under normal prices and have had to drop Forsura arms by 75k in order to sell them; even then they don't sell well.
    My conclusion - the changes are working to deflate the servers.

And, can we all please agree to stop blaming the token of best lucks? That is a red herring. First off, and this is coming from someone who has traded in 3 sets, trading tokens for big notes is really stupid. Tokens should be traded for TT100 mats or spurs. However, even when they are traded in for big notes I would wager the majority of the time that coin is given right back to the server. Either in skill costs or upgrading a faction to lvl 3 or buying mats from some noob who then buys skills.

My observation - The only ones (not really, but mostly) who don't like the changes are those that lost TW salary. No one else really gives a **** because no one else lost anything.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, will look forward to it, however it looks as if you're correct that you may be the only server that hasn't changed much.

So far there is no Battlefront report so I decided I'd make one myself. In short:

- 14 attacks
    - all big factions are attacking that did it before 'the patch'
    - also most of the smaller ones are TWing
    - TW map: http://i7.aijaa.com/b/00023/6611930.png
    - TW attacks: http://i4.aijaa.com/b/00165/6611929.png

Red is Nefarious, cyan is Regicide, green is Legendary, yellow is Vindicate and orange is Enelysion.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On HT, there are 10 battles, only ONE has the potential to be 1 hr+.

The rest are 5 min steamrolls. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Strife decided to make the report. Here it is: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9880662&postcount=5081
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And, can we all please agree to stop blaming the token of best lucks? That is a red herring. First off, and this is coming from someone who has traded in 3 sets, trading tokens for big notes is really stupid. Tokens should be traded for TT100 mats or spurs.

WTF are your gold prices are Harshlands? The spurs cost 3 Perfect Tokens of Best Luck, which I could instead turn into 15 million coins. If gold prices are 500k, that's 30 gold, which would get you both spurs from the cash shop and leave you 5 gold walking around money. You're recommending using them for just 1 type of spur (either Galewind or Alacrity). That seems kinda dumb.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What an intriguing thread :o
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What an intriguing thread :o

Yeah since you are mentioned in it. You should thank me for bringing your name to this thread. b:chuckle
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Was this why you wanted me to write our reports? XD
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Was this why you wanted me to write our reports? XD

Yup. Thank you for those, looking the times from the in-game TW map is hard since you can't even order those by the time and date.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No worries. As far as sanctuary goes, only 1 TW each week has been breaking 30 minutes. Suppose they are the only factions who intend to still have some fun despite the patch, lol. Our largest land holding faction clearly isn't interested in fighting and preserving their reputation as the top tier faction. They only seem interested in lowest cost possible victories.