The state of TW by Server since the changes...

Options

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In Archosaur, it has been decided that the original 3 guilds that dominated the map (Narla, Impulse, and Fatalis) will now be holding a combined treasury.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask...

Can someone elaborate on this?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask...

Can someone elaborate on this?

I wouldnt listen to that claim unless it comes from the leaders of Narla, Impulse and Fatalis. (Dont ask me who is the leader of Fatalis and Impulse, but _Mango is leader of Narla)
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I wouldnt listen to that claim unless it comes from the leaders of Narla, Impulse and Fatalis. (Dont ask me who is the leader of Fatalis and Impulse, but _Mango is leader of Narla)

Siiobhan = Fatalis, Mexycan = impulse.

Think Mango called for some sort of summit the weekend of the update...dunno
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Update for Dreamweaver:

Today the main faction attacked the second largest faction (which used to be on equal footing with main faction), and gobbled up another territory in about twenty minutes. Extremely perturbed by this, I finally got a hold of somebody from the second largest faction.

"We didn't have enough ppl to defend two TW at once". But more suprising than the 20 min main-faction steamroll, was the fact that the little faction that was attacking the 2nd largest faction in question, had a really, really long TW. That such a faction should be able to engage this 2nd largest faction for so long means not many ppl were defending.

Whether there are other factors causing ppl from 2nd largest faction to leave faction/not attend besides TW changes, I do not know. But everybody can see that TW have become, overall, fewer, and shorter.

[Just several weeks ago, TW between these 2 big factions were 3 hour battles that could go either way.]

-Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First off, real interesting seeing an unbiased opinion of the server's tw outlook after the very controversial update.

I for one thought that it might make it easier for smaller factions to stand a better chance at actually standing up to bigger factions, but just looking at the replies/map it really tells a different story here on Dreamweaver.

It is still being dominated (well it wasn't the past 10 weeks or so BEFORE UPDATE, but after back to domination, though they did adapt pretty quickly, not all will be able too, and who know what the devs might do if we all adapt/find a way to start funding ourselves through in game coins) by the top faction, it just seems like there are no more stalemates, long drawn out battles anymore. ;/ Which was real interesting to see, as a spectator, even if I didn't get to actually see any fighting. Opinion removed/being sent to official topic.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As you know in Lost City, Tw, from what I have seen while skimming through your post updates, have declined the most. And it really feels like that in game, I had quit the game a short while before, and now come back to play.

This isnt really an update on Lost City, but i know for a fact that I personally, will no longer care about TW anymore untill it is changed. Without t a prize, what is the point of even trying to win? 300 Mirages for the largest city in the game? Really? 300 mirages to a level 3 area would be considered low.

Did you guys see what the Gms had said about the update (this post was removed, but proof can be see on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOxvZeeZMc made by a famous pwi video maker)?

Response to TW changes:

frankieraye: <says stuff aobut how TW changes will help the pwi enconomy, since with no tw funds, ther higer factions wont ahve enought coins to buy gold at that high price, thus the price will drop.
    'With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come "down to earth" if you will."

Really?

Airyll - Dreamweaver:
    TW has been around since... well, near enough since the beginning. While one faction didn't own an entire map, TW pay was still TW pay, and gold price never hit the 400k mark. What inflated the gold price was your sales. Please, Frankie, do not treat us like we are stupid. The constant sale of pack after pack has done far more damage then all TW pay combined, I imagine.

Good luck having Tw competition in Lost City until this changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Essence versus Spec = 12min

Would most likely been shorter had we ignored a few towers.

Essence also had formation "issues" although managed close to a full 80 even though plenty were online.

Boring? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, TW weekend ended for HT, in very disappointing ways.

Enrage is top faction, followed by Radiance, followed by TheEmpire in terms of power.

TE and Rad ganked Enrage, TE losing in 15 mins or so, and Rad losing in about 45 mins after their fight started. (Correct the times if I am wrong, I really wasn't paying attention to the exact times lol)

In TWs with Rad v TE, those last about 2 hrs, but TE and Rad are landlocked and split away by Enrage.

But yea, with that being said, not sure about TW, no one really cares now. If anything, PKing will become slightly popular I suppose.

With that being said, TW is pretty much dead to me now. PKing is the only PvP fun I have left now.....on a PvE server sadly. <___<

Can someone from Enrage and Rad post something if attendance was lower than usual?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can someone from Enrage and Rad post something if attendance was lower than usual?

Not differant than any other normal Sunday TW for Rad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TW looked normal like always. Healthy number of bids. From a smaller faction's point of view with my wars I was in this weekend, attendance for opposite factions were rather low. 50+ before update, 2 (yes, 2) after update for one of our TW opponents. Attitudes reached lower than the devil's septic tank. Little effort, no commitment as far as I've seen.
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:byewanted to bump this to the first page so GMs(if they even care) would actually see this b:kiss
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bump once more, please post.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bump >.>

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You really shouldn't worry about bumping this thread... I fully expected it to slow down after TW reports were posted... I'll be updating it again when we get more reports in for this coming weekend which should help paint a more thorough picture.
  • pkerfairfax
    pkerfairfax Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This thread is to report what is actually being observed on the servers. Please try to keep speculation to a minimum.

What you want me to tell you Mikey? Well the new PvP server is looking good, Clean map! Going to acquire lands fastest times ever!
    b:pleased
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I propose that this thread is stickied.

This is the player base response to the GMs request that we give TW a little while and see how things turn out. Not only that, it's a well thought out and formulated response that includes a variety of people and variety of opinions. The GMs told us to wait and see how it went, and we are, and this thread details the players "seeing how it's going".

... I'm afraid I can't add much more then that, though. I was sadly absent for the last two weekends and unable to watch the state of TW.
    From what I hear, the average number of TWs have gone down, the times of them have dropped dramatically, and the second most powerful faction on the entire server that was, before this update, on a level playing field near enough with our leading faction, has suffered quite heavily and is struggling to compete at even half the standard they were competing at beforehand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Try to keep this thread civilized..I'm actually hoping this doesn't get ruined and we get listened to..

The amount of TW's this weekend stayed about the same as usual..12 or so?
    Though the supposed *we're trying to stop fake bidding* quote from GMs..completely failed..as 2 factions with obvious fake names bid on Enrage.

There are certainly lots of people who are completely unmotivated to attend TW now..A 200 person faction on the map only had 15 or so people show up for their DEFENSE.

Yep, I noticed the fake bids myself while going through some TW data from this past week, and I notified the Customer Service team (GMs). Bans have likely been handed out by now.

I propose that this thread is stickied.

Not going to sticky it; we already have a TW discussion thread up there, and this thread will be seeing plenty of activity after each TW weekend, which will keep it near the top anyway.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You really shouldn't worry about bumping this thread... I fully expected it to slow down after TW reports were posted... I'll be updating it again when we get more reports in for this coming weekend which should help paint a more thorough picture.

It may need a little bumping during the week. Very few people check past the 1st page of forum posts. And between Monday to Thursday (when TW bids are revealed) this thread could easily sink to page 2.
  • BigFIuffy - Archosaur
    BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to add to the Archosaur part the second biggest guild on the map tried to tw the biggest one. It could only get 60 people in for the tw nobody wanted to go 2 the war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it is only a matter of time but for right now the change is still new... I see it falling apart later on.... I mean who wants to do other stuff to fund their TW? The whole point was to gear up and not have to play (aka do boring instances) the rest of the week. b:laugh
  • Siiobhan - Archosaur
    Siiobhan - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Weird must have just been on HT where it showed which lands were bid on. Becuase if u can see where a bid was made a on land there is reali no excuse not to bid

Dan you can see where the bids are but not how much ... so a smaller guild can't know if they can afford the bid or not. This really affected us on Archosaur server where there are only certain lands that can be successfully captured. In the past our guild Fatalis would never consider not bidding, but since we are up against a guild we cannot beat yet, we are going to just sit back and defend this week. In the past we would have attacked Narla just to test our strength, but it's not worth losing money we don't have anymore. Most of the smaller guild that TWed every weekend win or lose stayed out of TW last weekend, because they couldn't afford to BID let alone build towers etc.

As to activity report:

There were significantly less wars and the wars were a laugh. We attacked BRFORCE who usually fights valiantly and they didn't even build all the towers. My guess is 150 mirages wasn't worth spending twice that to defend the land properly. Several other guild clearly simply let the land go that they have been defending mightily for several weeks.

Our own attendance was down DRAMATICALLY. Three weeks ago we half 120 show for TW, we had 60 this week. We have had at least 15-20 members quit the game entirely, and another ten or so leave for a non-TW guild because they can't afford to TW anymore.

Even Impulse which never had any trouble with attendance, could only field 73 when they fought us the first week after the update.

Clearly if the info you are looking for is "did the changes negatively affect turnout for TW?" then the answer on Archosaur server is a clear and undebatable YES!
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not going to sticky it; we already have a TW discussion thread up there, and this thread will be seeing plenty of activity after each TW weekend, which will keep it near the top anyway.

I didn't expect you would and I thought the chances that this thread would be merged with the TW thread were pretty high. Thank you for letting this thread stay. I am trying to keep the quotes relevant and trying to avoid being redundant. Even though I have my own personal opinions on the changes, i'm trying to keep this thread as unbiased as I can.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    as Mystick said, Very unmotivated to even TW now, id rather sleep now because its just boring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A more in depth view of TW from dreamweaver:

How new TW system works and assumptions behind it:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9704892&postcount=104

How the non dominant TW factions feel in the server after Equinox lost their attack in 30 minutes, their defense in 7. just last week, they defended for 2 hours and attacked for 20 minutes, both on losses, a week before, defaulted won against calamity on Defense and defaulted lost against Calamity on Attack, 3 weeks ago, they won Plume in 20 minutes.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9688652&postcount=1
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, TW weekend ended for HT, in very disappointing ways.

Enrage is top faction, followed by Radiance, followed by TheEmpire in terms of power.

TE and Rad ganked Enrage, TE losing in 15 mins or so, and Rad losing in about 45 mins after their fight started. (Correct the times if I am wrong, I really wasn't paying attention to the exact times lol)

In TWs with Rad v TE, those last about 2 hrs, but TE and Rad are landlocked and split away by Enrage.

But yea, with that being said, not sure about TW, no one really cares now. If anything, PKing will become slightly popular I suppose.

With that being said, TW is pretty much dead to me now. PKing is the only PvP fun I have left now.....on a PvE server sadly. <___<

Your times were close enough. Had enough people in Enrage on Sunday to essentially have the same numbers as the 3 opponents attacking us at once. That said it was much higher than our normal attendance for a Sunday night. That has to do more with going against the 2nd and 3rd strongest faction at the same time than any recent TW changes. Many extra as soon as defense against TheEmpire was over. A feeling of need in numbers is the only real thing that brings high numbers here.

Other than that I am expecting a slow dwindling of factions bidding in general. No money refunded. One chance to bid a weekend. Not knowing if your bid is the highest. No more geographic time slots. All good ways to discourage smaller factions from bidding.

Some of our competition may try less and less hard. Why invest in an up and coming faction when there is only a possibility of a few thousand mirages and a single Rank 9 badge a week as a reward as the best scenario.

Can always hope I'm wrong.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is it worth continuing this discussion a week later? FWIW, there are 4 wars this week on Lost City.

Essence attacks Spectral
    Kamisama attacks ThaClicK
    CareBear attacks RedDawn
    SHOGUN attacks Zodian

The first two are the same as last week -- 2 of the 3 largest landholding TW factions attacking traditional rivals. This proves nothing either way about the impact of the changes. These wars were going to happen either way. It's perhaps worth noting that Spectral and ThaClicK are once again not fighting back.

CareBear vs. RedDawn is the kind of small to midsize faction war that is supposed to be encouraged by this patch. We were having those wars anyway. RedDawn was getting attacked most weeks, or at least half the time. CareBear is a "new" faction but basically the 4th reformation of the same old faction that has always been heavily involved in TW. I would argue that this, like the other 2 wars, mostly proves nothing about the changes. This sort of war was happening before the patch. I don't think it's fair to conclude that the patch catalyzed this attack.

SHOGUN vs. Zodian is another small to midsize faction war, BUT ... Zodian disbanded last week. This is free territory. This is the sort of territory that would previously have had half a dozen factions in a furious bidding war for the opportunity to hold land, even if only for a week. I haven't been logged in enough to know for sure, but my impression is that nobody seriously challenged SHOGUN for the bid. This is another war that would have happened before the patch but that more importantly would actually have been more interesting and more contentious then.

Overall, fewer wars than pre-patch and fewer small faction wars than pre-patch. Still maybe too early to conclude for sure, but there's certainly no evidence that this is helping anything at week 2.5.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Equinox didnt bid on Calamity this week on Dreamweaver, only 2 noob facs. Calamity bid on Equinox still tho. but an indication tw is dieng, when 2nd best fac not even try attack.

god damn gm's change tw back Q_Q
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dreamweaver has 6 tws this weekend, significantly less than the last weekend or the one before that. Also, the second strongest faction, Equinox, opted not to bid this week. This is the first weekend without a Sunday war in months that i can remember (if someone from DW reads this and i'm wrong, please correct it).
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As it has been since this new "wonderful" patch, the same goes on.

Kylin is attacked by DisOrdEr. <-Kylin will show up to this, because honestly there's no work involved, no money really to be spent. Easy war.

Crimson attacks ReHab. <--That p*ssed the hell out of Equinox (Harshlands) because we planned to bid on them anyway. Nice of you to let us have it last time _fURY_ but will it honestly be worth it when Zulu's next door?

Zulu attacks 1k Streams-- Last week, they attacked the Wall because they weren't sure if it was wise to attack the streams directly with this ret@rded new patch. THIS week, Kylin will either have to put up a fight...or put out their lights.

Some other faction attacks Kylin-- Sorry if I don't remember who you are...it's probably because Kylin will be so busy with the factions that are actually important, that they'll only send a few guys to take you out...

Other than that, not much to see.

EDIT: And to our main branch in Dreamweaver, Equinox (Harshlands) wishes you luck.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kylin is attacked by DisOrdEr. <-Kylin will show up to this, because honestly there's no work involved, no money really to be spent. Easy war.

Crimson attacks ReHab. <--That p*ssed the hell out of Equinox (Harshlands) because we planned to bid on them anyway. Nice of you to let us have it last time _fURY_ but will it honestly be worth it when Zulu's next door?

Zulu attacks 1k Streams-- Last week, they attacked the Wall because they weren't sure if it was wise to attack the streams directly with this ret@rded new patch. THIS week, Kylin will either have to put up a fight...or put out their lights.

Some other faction attacks Kylin-- Sorry if I don't remember who you are...it's probably because Kylin will be so busy with the factions that are actually important, that they'll only send a few guys to take you out...

Oi. To add to this: my guild, Jihad, is attacking Crimson, but we're honestly only doing it to buy a bunch of antidotes so we can start running tm89 Eden.

Also, Disorder is not attacking Kylin. Korruption is. And the other guild attacking Kylin is HellsGate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute