The state of TW by Server since the changes...

Options

Comments

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everything seems petty much the same on HT think ppl r just raging for a couple weeks till the figure eveyrthing out but just guessing but yeah on HT same amount of real TW factions bids fights lasted as long as any other time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Speaking as a Marshal for the second largest faction on Dreamweaver, Equinox...

We used to be able to hold our own against the installed power. Now, we cannot muster 80 to attend TW. Despite our best efforts, engaging in TW is a losing game. Charm cost, atk and defense charm cost... it doesn't cut it.

Slowly but surely, the coin lifeblood is being sucked out of the servers, so those who cannot pay with $$ cannot TW.

I suspect the trend to continue; we will lose all of our lands and here is the funny thing...no one cares.
    Same on RT and not even if they reverse the system will help, because many people already quit and I doubt they're coming back.

In other words they messed up game forever oh well as if RT didn't have enough problems of inactivity for high level content as a new server
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    a reversed system might bring back a few ppl...

i'd for one like the system reversed. maybe someone could make a poll.
  • Crick - Lost City
    Crick - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On LC the new patch didn't increase the number of smaller guilds doing TW if anything its decreased. Which is no big surprise most small guilds TW from member contributions to bid, whose going to keep doing that to constantly lose money?

Prior to patch not uncommon for a dominant guild to have 3 TW's starting at the same time(which would actually give a smaller guild some chance at winning), this weekend 3 TW's in total!

TC guild prior to the patch had more then 80 ppl online willing to TW, last TW 34 showed for TW. Some thought about not going, but any kind of TW is better then none.

Also heard ppl not making money off herbs like they did prior to the patch. Prior to patch once a week they'd make good money off ppl prepping for TW, this week nada. TW change is going to have a domino effect through the game economy most likely. Now is anyone says go farm to make money, imagine everyone who didn't farm before does now are you going get enough to actually sell and make money? what if no one is buying it?

As for ppl going to higher guilds just for pay, can't say that holds alot of weight either. I've been thinking about a larger guild for my veno just for the fact of quests needed to be done, that can't be solo'ed. For example Lunar the run that cost 3mil just to open for a squad run, YES 3Mil you read it right has to be 6 ppl all 90+ just to open. If you do try that run with lower lvls after opening good luck at getting past the first boss when members end up randomly one hit.

On another note about TW seeing pay was removed on the basis it brought to much coin into the game. Anyone notice all the Duke shouts for Perfect Token of Luck for another 5mil into game?

Curious though what happened to the sticky topic on TW, that had 200+ pages of responses?
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Curious though what happened to the sticky topic on TW, that had 200+ pages of responses?

PWE is liek "Lol don't want people to see how much we suck." So they took it down and "graciously" told us to continue the "discussion" in the frankieraye thread, where he shows just how much he doesn't know about the game.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think we will see the biggest impact on the Lost City server... many of us are from PW-MY and have gone through similar situations over there. This past weekend (as stated before) there were only 3 wars... thats about 1/3 of the normal amount if not less. I'm in a smaller guild that used to (yes USED to) TW for fun, but now we can't afford it because we have no guarentee that if we did bid on land that we would actually get to go to a TW.

I'm waiting to see the numbers of people online on my friends list and guild list to slowly dwindle. I know that I have been playing less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=817142
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think we will see the biggest impact on the Lost City server... many of us are from PW-MY and have gone through similar situations over there. This past weekend (as stated before) there were only 3 wars... thats about 1/3 of the normal amount if not less. I'm in a smaller guild that used to (yes USED to) TW for fun, but now we can't afford it because we have no guarentee that if we did bid on land that we would actually get to go to a TW.

I'm waiting to see the numbers of people online on my friends list and guild list to slowly dwindle. I know that I have been playing less.

Weird must have just been on HT where it showed which lands were bid on. Becuase if u can see where a bid was made a on land there is reali no excuse not to bid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crick - Lost City
    Crick - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Ty b:victory

So nice to know they close the topic with the most feedback. 71 pgs vs 192 pgs hmm. I was wrong its only 192 pgs of respones b:chuckle
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Weird must have just been on HT where it showed which lands were bid on. Becuase if u can see where a bid was made a on land there is reali no excuse not to bid

If you get outbid, you can't bid again and you lose the coin of your original bid.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

you cant see how much though.... thats the problem. and if you lose the bid, the money you used to bid is gone

EDIT:
    If you get outbid, you can't bid again and you lose the coin of your original bid.

ninja'd xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pardon? We are just as active as we were and NO ONE left because of TW pay change. The second strongest faction though, I'm not sure. The wars haven't lasted longer then 30 minuets so I dunno what's going on. Before the change our wars ALWAYS lasted 2 hours or more.

This^

Calamity, largest faction on dreamweaver, hasnt lost a single member and our TW attendance is still 120 people or more.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sanctuary only have 2 factions that had enough land to have a substantial income, the rest of the factions really just want a fight, it's not so different for most TW-active factions on Sanct now than before as far as TW compensation is concerned. This is probably why Sanctuary hasn't been affected that much.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This^

Calamity, largest faction on dreamweaver, hasnt lost a single member and our TW attendance is still 120 people or more.

Just because Calamity hasn't been affected by it, doesn't mean EQ, HDT, Inversion, Dynasty haven't.

I've been hearing reports from all over that the majority of TW factions on our server are down significantly. But, until each guild says otherwise, I'ma have to go with what I'm told. :/
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    120 TW attendence? Hax.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    120 TW attendence? Hax.

Regicide used to get 150, but now we struggle to even get 60-70 for no show TWs (the 2nd strongest faction).
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How do you get more than 80 people inside the instance?
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You don't. But you have people available as subs, people to fight other wars, etc.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Bear in mind we will often have 3 TWs running at the same time, also - so the more the merrier b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    12 tws this weekend on HT. The last 4 weekends went 14, 12, 14, and 14 tws. Unfortunately some of those #'s are slightly skewed cuz of the "fake" bids that occured (on average of 1-2 per weekend). Some lands/guilds that almost always were attacked/should have been (by up and coming guilds) were not. One week after getting on the map a guild chooses not to attack its neighbors (they are a weak tw guild but they normally bid almost every week for the fun). One guild (that is very active in pk w/ some op players) who had sat there w/ one land for weeks and hadn't attacked anyone chose to not even show up to their own defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is for Heaven's Tear:

There are fewer bids and TWs in general. For the few TWs that were supposed to happen, the turnout was terrible, and a faction who claims to TW "for fun" did not show at a defense, and rumors were that it was because they wanted to save charms for a 3-way gank later on. Of course, I'm not questioning their motives or decision, but when a smaller TW faction that fights for fun has to no show a defense in order to feel competitive in a gank, what does that say about how the lack of TW pay is affecting the smaller aspiring TW guilds on the map?
    edited August 2010
    Options
    12 tws this weekend on HT. The last 4 weekends went 14, 12, 14, and 14 tws. Unfortunately some of those #'s are slightly skewed cuz of the "fake" bids that occured (on average of 1-2 per weekend). Some lands/guilds that almost always were attacked/should have been (by up and coming guilds) were not. One week after getting on the map a guild chooses not to attack its neighbors (they are a weak tw guild but they normally bid almost every week for the fun). One guild (that is very active in pk w/ some op players) who had sat there w/ one land for weeks and hadn't attacked anyone chose to not even show up to their own defense.

Stop trying to hint that Enrage is part of any corruption.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Summing everything in the opening post in 3 words: PWI is failing.
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Stop trying to hint that Enrage is part of any corruption.

Nub show me where I said anything about Enrage in my post or hinted about them. Oh that's right; you can't.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nub show me where I said anything about Enrage in my post or hinted about them. Oh that's right; you can't.b:bye

Name calling? Yeah i'm a nub, a nub who stuck with his faction even when it was losing lands, you were the one jumping from sinking ship to sinking ship, sure i'm the nub.
    LOLUMAD.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Try to keep this thread civilized..I'm actually hoping this doesn't get ruined and we get listened to..

The amount of TW's this weekend stayed about the same as usual..12 or so?
    Though the supposed *we're trying to stop fake bidding* quote from GMs..completely failed..as 2 factions with obvious fake names bid on Enrage.

There are certainly lots of people who are completely unmotivated to attend TW now..A 200 person faction on the map only had 15 or so people show up for their DEFENSE.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This week in Harshlands, there were like...four wars.

Zulu vs Kylin-- Winner Zulu <-No big surprise there...Kylin was loosing folks before the patch. Now they're screwed. b:bye

Kylin vs Forgiven (forgotten? something like that.)--winner Kylin
    Short war. Kylin at least showed up. Good job.

_Equinox_ vs. ReHab-- Winner ReHab
    So basically what happened was you had two equally matched factions...one sides people just didn't bother listening. Standard "first time" Tw. Sure, we bid a SHYTLOAD of money because we thought Crimson was going to have the balls to attack....But I guess you can't really depend on them much now can you?

-_- So yeah PWI, thanks a fawkin lot for having our leader waste you-don't-even-WANT to know how much on that bid.

Usually we had at least 6~7 attacks a week. Now we're down to four, maybe even less next week. Good job PWI, you try to fix something, and you break it more.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Try to keep this thread civilized..I'm actually hoping this doesn't get ruined and we get listened to..

The amount of TW's this weekend stayed about the same as usual..12 or so?
    Though the supposed *we're trying to stop fake bidding* quote from GMs..completely failed..as 2 factions with obvious fake names bid on Enrage.

There are certainly lots of people who are completely unmotivated to attend TW now..A 200 person faction on the map only had 15 or so people show up for their DEFENSE.

It's cold Sunday morning b:surrender it was sitting there in the cold to tw, or under a warm blanket and sleep all the way thru b:sad did you def that tw mystic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To sum tw up on rt "Tw is deadzorz"
    All were under 20mins =/
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Due to recent time slot changes, it is now nearly impossible for smaller factions to triple attack bigger factions.

Instead of having the biggest factions triple defend 3 strong factions, and having 2-3 hour long wars, they can now 1v1 each faction and roll each in 5 minutes.

This has discouraged smaller factions to TW because they can no longer triple attack the biggest land owning factions. The 1st strongest faction now can take the entire map without having to worry about getting triple attacked by the 2nd 3rd 4th strongest factions.

Nice competitive 1v1 5 min rolls for the mirages. b:victory
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI