[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lets say, all the player base says that they don't want this change.

Same happened with the packs.

Did they remove them?, there's your answer.

So there's no REAL point to be QQing here.

Two things:

1) We won't get it changed, Chinese players might.
    2) Anni packs are a cashshop item, TW pay isn't.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You cuss because you know I am right. Can't you state your points without cussing?
    Thank you.

Now, blind assumptions?
    I'm not the one who said GMs don't play. Nor the part that said "shows he is out of touch with reality and doesn't actually play, thus he is talking out his butt."

You're right? All you said was "QQmoar" and then twist what kan said around and added your own halfwit assumption, oh and you made some stupid analogy about not parking in the middle of the road, last time I checked the driving handbook tells you not to impede oncoming traffic and common sense tells you thats a bad idea.

Wheres the "TW Handbook" that says you shouldn't own all the land or you might get hit by another car?

I didn't say GM's don't play, just kan, he rarely logs in and when he does he just stands there.

Where did I cuss?

See, you are doing the equivalent of running around the room with your fingers in your ears screaming "I'm right, I'm always right, na ne na ne boo boo"
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Two things:

1) We won't get it changed, Chinese players might.
    2) Anni packs are a cashshop item, TW pay isn't.

1) Then learn chinese and try there.
    2) It was an examp... nevermind.

/end thread
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Choclatechip - Harshlands
    Choclatechip - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Any suggestions for a new game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Any suggestions for a new game?

I'd say Forsaken World, but I think PWI is doing this intentionally to get us to try FW.

But my post will get deleted if I mention any other good games. But I can tell you if there were quality alternatives to this game with a company that actually cared, PWE would be out of business a year ago.
  • JoeBlack - Harshlands
    JoeBlack - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As we see, PWI made our life in game more harder, TT33 need do mobs, Nirvana all boss seal and random agro, TW no salary with some f..king mirages,,,DQ down price, are they kidding us??

The only thing gives fun for lvl 100+ is TW time, okie if someone say we need fun so we dont care about funds, so you will let them take advantages and they will not stop to make benefits more from gamers...

I agree to REVOLUTION, kick PWI ****

there are some links, one in KY and one in Zulu discussion about finding a solution , i will link here at Zulu link because it is in public section, the on of KY in guild section so cant link

http://zuluhl.darkbb.com/free-wall-f6/for-nurfed-t1754.htm
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I tried to read some of the recent comments on this but god... you people are annoying.... stop getting butt hurt and freaking out. TW DID bring in tons of money to guild that owned 10+ territories with only1 or 2 being attacked per week becuz other guilds couldn't afford to attack becuz that one guild was controlling the gold prices and ultimately the whole in game economy. Miages are very useful and a decent substitute for hard cash as a reward for owning territory, and if you still want money, just sell the mirages! it will take some time, but at least it isn't as easy as "Heres 10bil for owning territories this week, Enjoy!" However, the fatal flaw of this change is that a guild can not see what the highest bid is, and will not get their bid back if they don't win. I get that is a huge cash sink and all games need a couple cash sinks, but all it will do is discourage lesser guilds from TWing becuz they will have no gurantee that they will win the bid, and if they lose, all that money they worked to get will disappear. HORRIBLE design imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You're right? All you said was "QQmoar" and then twist what kan said around and added your own halfwit assumption, oh and you made some stupid analogy about not parking in the middle of the road, last time I checked the driving handbook tells you not to impede oncoming traffic and common sense tells you thats a bad idea.

Wheres the "TW Handbook" that says you shouldn't own all the land or you might get hit by another car?

I didn't say GM's don't play, just kan, he rarely logs in and when he does he just stands there.

*cough*
    *Looks at Jesus picture and says "I TRIED I REALLY TRIED, BUT I HAVE TO GIVE UP..."*

Where did I cuss?

See, you are doing the equivalent of running around the room with your fingers in your ears screaming "I'm right, I'm always right, na ne na ne boo boo"
    justshutup.jpg

/end comment about this.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited August 2010
    I tried to read some of the recent comments on this but god... you people are annoying.... stop getting butt hurt and freaking out. TW DID bring in tons of money to guild that owned 10+ territories with only1 or 2 being attacked per week becuz other guilds couldn't afford to attack becuz that one guild was controlling the gold prices and ultimately the whole in game economy. Miages are very useful and a decent substitute for hard cash as a reward for owning territory, and if you still want money, just sell the mirages! it will take some time, but at least it isn't as easy as "Heres 10bil for owning territories this week, Enjoy!" However, the fatal flaw of this change is that a guild can not see what the highest bid is, and will not get their bid back if they don't win. I get that is a huge cash sink and all games need a couple cash sinks, but all it will do is discourage lesser guilds from TWing becuz they will have no gurantee that they will win the bid, and if they lose, all that money they worked to get will disappear. HORRIBLE design imo.

Get it right, ONE 3hr TW can potentially suck out the sum of all the lands profit, ONE.
    Large guilds don't control the gold prices, cash shoppers do, the TW change wont effect cash shoppers thus it wont effect gold prices, in fact they have already jumped up considerably.

With blind bidding, the ability to stage a small faction gank is GONE, they have NO CHANCE.
    With no notice and no refund on a trumped bid, now small factions wont just lose their money, they lose their money AND don't get to TW even if for a short time, big factions win again with their massive bids.

This patch is going to drive up gold prices, drive up mat prices and leave small factions who had once hoped to TW flat busted and ensure large factions a clean sweep of the map, land locking it until they get tired of the game.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Get it right, ONE 3hr TW can potentially suck out the sum of all the lands profit, ONE.
    Large guilds don't control the gold prices, cash shoppers do, the TW change wont effect cash shoppers thus it wont effect gold prices, in fact they have already jumped up considerably.

With blind bidding, the ability to stage a small faction gank is GONE, they have NO CHANCE.
    With no notice and no refund on a trumped bid, now small factions wont just lose their money, they lose their money AND don't get to TW even if for a short time, big factions win again with their massive bids.

This patch is going to drive up gold prices, drive up mat prices and leave small factions who had once hoped to TW flat busted and ensure large factions a clean sweep of the map, land locking it until they get tired of the game.

agree with the last 2 paragraphs, disagree with the first....

Large guilds = biggest cash shoppers. PPL who cash shop alot are the highest levels with the best gear, thus getting into the best guilds the easiest. Everyone else has to work for their gear and levels, but will not be able to keep up with the cash shoppers. That's the point of a cash shop, convenience and simplicity. Make it a bit easier for people who spend real money. That is how a F2P game works and I deal with it along with many others. So, with the big guilds getting millions/billions of in game coin per week holding territories, and only getting attacked once or twice (because the lesser guilds can't afford the bid price and charms that the larger guilds members just drop some real money to get supplemented by their huge rewards each week), it ends with these large guilds recieving much more money than they are spending.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2010

+1 for this, i cant tell you how many people are just going to leave small faction or just join bigger ones when they get to that lvl. my server was litterally going to stage a small faction gank, but we cant do that anymore because they made it a blind bidding so we dont know who is bidding on who in what territory. this patch litterally fcked pwi up the **** and the sad fact about it is, they wont change it even after 100+ pages of complaining and arguing that they should change it back. they didnt take away the pack, nor will they change the tw system.

also was frankie joking about bringing down gold prices? the bidding hall in hte cash shop will just drive up the gold prices so people can buy whatever **** is in hte bidding hall today. so plz save the **** and just flat out tell us your not changing it no matter what we say because was already kno your not going to change it b:cold
    edited August 2010
    agree with the last 2 paragraphs, disagree with the first....

Large guilds = biggest cash shoppers. PPL who cash shop alot are the highest levels with the best gear, thus getting into the best guilds the easiest. Everyone else has to work for their gear and levels, but will not be able to keep up with the cash shoppers. That's the point of a cash shop, convenience and simplicity. Make it a bit easier for people who spend real money. That is how a F2P game works and I deal with it along with many others. So, with the big guilds getting millions/billions of in game coin per week holding territories, and only getting attacked once or twice (because the lesser guilds can't afford the bid price and charms that the larger guilds members just drop some real money to get supplemented by their huge rewards each week), it ends with these large guilds recieving much more money than they are spending.

There are what? 47 lands? two Lv1 five Lv2 and forty level 3?
    Whats that 560mil MAX?

The cost of a 3hr war is bare minimum 360mil not counting pot and apoth, thats ONE TW pre-blessing and not counting the massive charm cost of cata barbs, so yes ONE TW can very well run the entire payout.

This isn't including all the attacks.

Saying "big factions are all cash shoppers" you couldnt be further from the truth on that one, there are many cash shoppers but many of them bust their **** for what they have.

Big Cash shoppers see cheap gold, buy it all and recycle it back into the AH for an inflated price forcing an artificially high gold price.

This patch only punishes those who don't cash shop and nerfs any chance a smaller faction EVER had to compete in TW.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    There are what? 47 lands? two Lv1 five Lv2 and forty level 3?
    Whats that 560mil MAX?

The cost of a 3hr war is bare minimum 360mil not counting pot and apoth, thats ONE TW pre-blessing and not counting the massive charm cost of cata barbs, so yes ONE TW can very well run the entire payout.

This isn't including all the attacks.

Saying "big factions are all cash shoppers" you couldnt be further from the truth on that one, there are many cash shoppers but many of them bust their **** for what they have.

Big Cash shoppers see cheap gold, buy it all and recycle it back into the AH for an inflated price forcing an artificially high gold price.

This patch only punishes those who don't cash shop and nerfs any chance a smaller faction EVER had to compete in TW.

Okay. I'm not going to get into an argument with you. You do make some valid points and I understand where you are coming from. At least we can all agree that this completely blocks lesser guilds from TWing. And that WILL NOT work.

and just b-t-dubs... isn't the whole idea of having an auction the fact that you see what someone bidded and try to out bid them? So how could this even be an option? If you really want to stop fake bids, then stop fake guilds. Increase the price of making a guild, make it so that a guild has to be lvl 3 with a certain number of members to participate in TW? <not exactly sure but some of those requirements might already be in place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
    edited August 2010
    Make it so that a guild has to be lvl 3 with a certain number of members to participate in TW? <not exactly sure but some of those requirements might already be in place?

This has been said before and would be a perfect solution, but these kinds of ideas don't generate profit for the company so no matter how perfect it is, its not perfect enough for perfect world.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JoeBlack - Harshlands
    JoeBlack - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As we see, PWI made our life in game more harder, TT33 need do mobs, Nirvana all boss seal and random agro, TW no salary with some f..king mirages,,,DQ down price, are they kidding us??

The only thing gives fun for lvl 100+ is TW time, okie if someone say we need fun so we dont care about funds, so you will let them take advantages and they will not stop to make benefits more from gamers...

I agree to REVOLUTION, kick PWI ****

there are some links, one in KY and one in Zulu discussion about finding a solution , i will link here at Zulu link because it is in public section, the on of KY in guild section so cant link

http://zuluhl.darkbb.com/free-wall-f6/for-nurfed-t1754.htm

Dont argue more, just follow our link and think about solution... We need a REVOLUTION, there are some ideas there,,,, read and give your opinions
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Way to be racist. I was on your side until your insults towards the Chinese.

Actually he's right, you'd get some love and hugs from an american company. Chinese companies just don't give a sh*t.

IF you would complain to an american company, they would actually give you some love or at least AN ATTEMPT to make you feel better. But even still america is (in some ways still sh*tty as china). So to hell with corporate china and america.

Call me racist and get a middle finger from hell.
  • LegendofLove - Lost City
    LegendofLove - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    BRING BACK THE OLD TW SYSTEMS PLZ
    other things from this patch sucks too but i dont care about those
    but the new systems for TW SUCKS the MOST!!b:cryb:cry
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Going to put my word in this, might as well. But I doubt anyone will read this.

Grow up and take responsiblity for your own actions, and stop blaming large factions for coin-sinking everything. We get only 1.6 mil a week. That's only enough to buy a charm, ONE charm.

I witness the gold price cutting half in one day of time becaue anni packs were gone, and the next day they came back. Guess what else came back? the full value of the gold again. 500k
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Actually he's right, you'd get some love and hugs from an american company. Chinese companies just don't give a sh*t.

IF you would complain to an american company, they would actually give you some love or at least AN ATTEMPT to make you feel better. But even still america is (in some ways still sh*tty as china). So to hell with corporate china and america.

Call me racist and get a middle finger from hell.

Not calling you racist. Remind me of a Green Day song though (band sucks but oh the song name fits here so nicely).
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW is suppose to be the ultimate endgame challenge. Its one of the few reasons why people at 100+ still keeps pushing for a few more levels, better gear and higher refines etc.

Makes no freaking sense removing the entire reward for owning land. I really have no clue what devs are thinking O_O

Because frankly 150 mirages is not a reward. Its nothing. Its 3 BHs. Just getting all the cata scrolls and building towers in a TW costs about the same lol.

I dont mind removing the coin reward, if GMs think that will lower gold prices in the long run than fine go head. But the effort for participating in TW and winning a land has to be something worth fighting for at least. Just mirages is a joke.

On Lost city several big guilds didn't even bother to bid this week since the new patch. And i understand them. Why ask your guildies to spend millions of coins on charms, pvp pots, attack charms etc when there is no reward at all for winning.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    I have a feeling that I know the idea behind the original TW pay. When economy was at the point where gold costs 1.5m each, paying 200m per bid would be normal. This would suggest that the 560m would have gone to bidding/towers/such things.

With the current system, mirages would still cover it in our economy. It would also cover it in the CN version since mirages are worth around 100k there.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Here's why TW secret biding works w/ no refund works:
    People are not going to risk a lot of money on TW so they'll bid like 500k. if they loose its not a big deal. Small factions can afford to lose 500k. But to take over the map you gotta pay a lot to guarrentee taking over a certain territory due to the possibility of fake bidding. Mirage pay allows for a certain amount of fake bidding but not a lot. Therefore a faction with the intention of taking over the map has to bid high for every territory. Also if the map is taken over trying to bat down rivals with fake bids is impossible. Therefore its only worthwile taking over a couple territories at most and playing deffense. idk that's my 2cents
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    OMG gratz to PWI ur idea ACTUALLY worked, gold went up ANOTHER 100k,....wait u DID say u wanted to increase gold right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have no life because I leave my shop up 24/7 - I haven't even logged my main since before the **** patch.

Some of you are hopeless idiots, one thing I hate about stupid content added by pwi is the number of irritable QQers that jump on the forums with their capslock and their terrible arguments which do nothing to help the problem, gtfo.
    edited August 2010
    I have no life because I leave my shop up 24/7 - I haven't even logged my main since before the **** patch.

Some of you are hopeless idiots, one thing I hate about stupid content added by pwi is the number of irritable QQers that jump on the forums with their capslock and their terrible arguments which do nothing to help the problem, gtfo.
    [Hypocrisy]
    I hate it when people come and add nothing to the debate/argument and QQ about people who complain.
    [/Hypocrisy]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    OMG gratz to PWI ur idea ACTUALLY worked, gold went up ANOTHER 100k,....wait u DID say u wanted to increase gold right?

Really? It went down 60k on RT from 470k (max buying) to 310k
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lolwut?

The lowest sell price on raging tide right now is 458.9k each.

As in, it hasn't changed at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Stop ignoring the actual problem, the bidding system changed, ffs, thats what the real problem was, the change to TW pay is nothing.

Tw pay before patch : Pathetically low

Tw pay after patch : Pathetically low

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Bidding system before patch : Fun, exciting, fair, interesting.

Bidding system after patch : Waste of coins, not fun or exciting, stressful.

Massive disappointment.

PLEASE, focus on the actual problem, Bidding.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lolwut?

The lowest sell price on raging tide right now is 458.9k each.

As in, it hasn't changed at all.

Went up 10-20k on DW last I checked, which isn't the biggest deal in the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Yamino

1 more thing i would like to add about how some people need the paycheck

think about people who work and/or study over week(myself being one of those), they just can play at weekend or just for a bit every day, now think if they have 10-15 TWs at weekend(some fast, some long).

TW consumes money, while everyone not in those TW factions could run instances to make coins, that people need to get ready for TW(i assume 30 minutes before it start) and then the time fighting in TW, wich can be realy expansive for catapult squads, it makes a lot harder to build the coins to pay the repairs, pots, charms since you need to get the coins for your next TW and try to improve gear
    you said you would like to have that 4-6 mil each week, if you was in a catapult squad(barb or cleric) and get into a TW that last over 2 hours, you would use over 2 hp charms easily, 2 hps charms + apo poths + repairs + pots = b:bye 6 mil

a bm and maybe even barbs without charm with around same gear as an archer would die against him

most of times i die because a bm and barbs, is because their charms tick before they get to me and when i'm about to kill them i get stun locked that is the chances bms have to kill wizard/archers

yes, charm is a luxury, but without them, your faction wouldnt last the 3 hours, or every fight would be a draw
This discussion has been closed.