[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• HotHotShot - Heavens Tear
    HotHotShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TBH there is one way to combat charms >.>

Raise the hp recovery on hp potions so they heal more (same with mp).
    And lower there npc price to make them cheaper, then there will be no QQ about charms.

But i know for a fact of getting a little over 3mill pay a week wasn't enough yes i could buy 2 gold charms, BUT! TW IS NOT THE ONLY CHARM EXPENSE IN THE GAME MORONS!

They fckd Nirvana so it now kill's the squad more (more expense on your charm, either that or you die). Which means people won't go and do it as much, so maybe just maybe prices there may rise....

They fckd TT (HH if your on a moron server) so you now have to spend the full 4 hours instance time with a noob squad for a "chance" at a gold mat dropping.

They fckd Lunar(altho it's still broken anyway) so you can't farm mats in there to MAKE the endgame gear, leaving the CS as the only place for them.

They fckd FF (FC if your on a moron server) so you can't farm mats in there to make the gear, it's now a .000000001% chance from the reward box or a boss dropping it.

They made it so the only way to get this "HAX" endgame gear is buy putting your hand in your pocket and pulling out your wallet!

THAT'S A FCKN FACT IF YOU DISAGREE THEN GO FIND A "A CUTE CUDDLY TOY"........

There's no way to get this gear WITHOUT spending real life money or farming one of the abovefor hours on end for a "chance" of a good drop to make some coin, and then buying gold.

There QQ onwards.

PS. notice the name AINT OneHotShot cos i'm a much better and pro'er archer b:pleased

PSS. My mains a barb who has been a cata barb for a full 3 hour war so please don't attack me cos i do know the full expense of it!
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^Gratz on first post, noob xD And agrees with the content.

Did nirvana yesterday, was a hell...
    *Semi retired*
    edited August 2010
    ^Gratz on first post, noob xD And agrees with the content.

Did nirvana yesterday, was a hell...

Well i can't say KillerFreak is my main no more bored of him on the mainstream side so ya i switched chars on the forums too, never realised i hadn't posted with this char yet haha
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ---stuff---

One note: Filter circumvention is bannable offense.

There you go. I'd edit your post if I were you.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited August 2010
    circumvention :-
    1. To surround.
    2. To go around; bypass.
    3. To avoid or get around by artful maneuvering.

in my post what did i avoid exactly? NOTHING!
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well i can't say KillerFreak is my main no more bored of him on the mainstream side so ya i switched chars on the forums too, never realised i hadn't posted with this char yet haha

Guess you've never met a good merchant, such as RoidAbuse on Sanctuary. In terms of gear, he's up to par with at least a mediocre cash shopper and his monetary assets would be measured in either hundreds of millions or billions, whichever you prefer.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    circumvention :-
    1. To surround.
    2. To go around; bypass.
    3. To avoid or get around by artful maneuvering.

in my post what did i avoid exactly? NOTHING!

You bypassed the swear word filter.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Guess you've never met a good merchant, such as RoidAbuse on Sanctuary. In terms of gear, he's up to par with at least a mediocre cash shopper and his monetary assets would be measured in either hundreds of millions or billions, whichever you prefer.

Spending 12 hours on a game grinding and multi boxing to merch non-stop is nobodies idea of fun, unless you're just some hard-up loser with nothing better to do.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    In terms of gear, he's up to par with at least a mediocre cash shopper and his monetary assets...

EXACTLY HE'S A CS you said it there in plain sight!
    And if he does just merch then ya he's good BUT in the end he's still buying from someone esle who has CHARGE GOLD.

IN THE END IT'S THE SAME THING !!!SOMEONE HAD TO CHARGE GOLD IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Spending 12 hours on a game grinding and multi boxing to merch non-stop is nobodies idea of fun, unless you're just some hard-up loser with nothing better to do.

You only need one old laptop that you can find for like 50$ from eBay or something. It's up to you which one you want to be: poor loser with +5 TT99 or rich loser with +10 Nirvana. (Yes, it's possible.)
    IN THE END IT'S THE SAME THING !!!SOMEONE HAD TO CHARGE GOLD IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

He has never (to my knowledge) charged any zen. And to your comment; who cares if someone first charged zen? I mean, if I merchant packs and buy gold from Gold Trading, I am a merchant not a cash shopper.
    edited August 2010
    You bypassed the swear word filter.

Find a single post on this entire forums that some1 hasn't done that, and that the GM's/Forum Mods have change...

Exactly there still out there, and presides thats not directing a a person so it's not actually offensive.

Swearing :-

We all know what "bad words" are. Unlike most other language rules, we learn about swearwords and how to use them without any real study or classroom instruction. Even very young children know which words are naughty, although they don't always know exactly what those words mean.

But swearwords aren't quite as simple as they seem. They're paradoxical -- saying them is taboo in nearly every culture, but instead of avoiding them as with other taboos, people use them. Most associate swearing with being angry or frustrated, but people swear for a number of reasons and in a variety of situations. Swearing also serves multiple purposes in social interactions. Not only that, your brain treats swear words differently than it treats other words.

A Note on Geography
    Most research on swearing printed in English discusses swearing in English. Although every culture has its own swearwords, the statistics in this article primarily come from research involving English-speaking people in the United States and Great Britain. Research related to swearing and the brain, however, should apply to speakers of any language.
    In this article, we'll explore what makes words into swearwords, why most Americans use them and how society responds to swearing. We'll also look at one of its most fascinating aspects -- the way it affects your brain.
    Virtually every language in every culture in the world has its own unique swearwords. Even different dialects of the same language can have different expletives. The very first languages probably included swearwords, but since writing evolved after speaking did, there's no record of who said the first swearword or what that word was. Because of the taboos surrounding it, written language histories also include few records of the origins of swearing. Even today, many dictionaries don't include profanity, and comparatively few studies have examined swearing.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/swearing.htm

b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    (HH if your on a moron server) so you now have to spend the full 4 hours instance time with a noob squad for a "chance" at a gold mat dropping.

The only moron here is you. Well, a few others, but if you don't know the difference between the most simple of English words, you're and your... you have no right calling anyone a moron. Freaking idiot.

And 4 hours in an instance? Maybe you should refine a little there, or put some of your magic points into dex. I hear that works wonders for archers. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited August 2010
    The only moron here is you. Well, a few others, but if you don't know the difference between the most simple of English words, you're and your... you have no right calling anyone a moron. Freaking idiot.

And 4 hours in an instance? Maybe you should refine a little there, or put some of your magic points into dex. I hear that works wonders for archers. b:chuckle

1. i'm not great at my spelling idc.
    2. i said a noob squad didn't say me and i have no magic points or vit for that mater b:victory
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Find a single post on this entire forums that some1 hasn't done that, and that the GM's/Forum Mods have change...

Exactly there still out there, and presides thats not directing a a person so it's not actually offensive.

I've seen people get banned because of that although usually those people have also insulted others. Depends a bit, but if you read this thread you see banned people and red text from mods. Why did they get banned? Filter circumvention.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010

Wait, what?

For one, you don't need 12 hours a day to get started.

And why the multiboxing? You could just buy a cheapass laptop and use that to afk catshop overnight. Or you could, I dunno, do something else?

And btw, "merchanting non-stop" pretty much means "check competition if any and then set up a catshop".

And really, if you're somehow "unable" to get a starting fund of at least a few millions, you're doing something wrong. For example, instead of getting TT90 armors, you could merchant that coin and buy the armors later. Or you could have friends willing to give a good loan. I'll get 10,000,000 coins as a start-up from a friend. Well, I do already have 5,000,000, which I got by selling my TT90 crossbow that I don't use anymore.
    EXACTLY HE'S A CS you said it there in plain sight!
    And if he does just merch then yahe's good BUT in the end he's still buying from someone esle who has CHARGE GOLD

He's not a cash shopper, he's just a damn good merchant. And btw, how does buying from someone who has charged gold a "bad thing"? After all, if it weren't for that, there wouldn't be higher refines, higher sockets, charms, guardian scrolls, hyper stones, etc.
    And 4 hours in an instance? Maybe you should refine a little there, or put some of your magic points into dex. I hear that works wonders for archers.

He can't refine past +3, since otherwise he'd have to buy Orbs or Tishas or Tienkangs to be safe and that'd be HELPING THE CASH SHOPPERS.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited August 2010
    Wait, what?

For one, you don't need 12 hours a day to get started.

And why the multiboxing? You could just buy a cheapass laptop and use that to afk catshop overnight. Or you could, I dunno, do something else?

And btw, "merchanting non-stop" pretty much means "check competition if any and then set up a catshop".

And really, if you're somehow "unable" to get a starting fund of at least a few millions, you're doing something wrong. For example, instead of getting TT90 armors, you could merchant that coin and buy the armors later. Or you could have friends willing to give a good loan. I'll get 10,000,000 coins as a start-up from a friend. Well, I do already have 5,000,000, which I got by selling my TT90 crossbow that I don't use anymore.

Why should I have to buy another computer to play 1 game? Why should I devote 90% of my effort to AFFORD TO BE ABLE TO HAVE FUN?

I can fire up some CS or Halo and I'm instantly having fun, no need to waste my day being able to afford fun, this is Perfect World(lol WAS) not Lemonade Stand Tycoon.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    He's not a cash shopper, he's just a damn good merchant. And btw, how does buying from someone who has charged gold a "bad thing"? After all, if it weren't for that, there wouldn't be higher refines, higher sockets, charms, guardian scrolls, hyper stones, etc.

Ok firstly here, the hole points they removed the TW coin was to lower the in game coin floating around, which in turn would lower gold prices.
    I'm merely stating that in order to get this good gear you have to farm your *** off to then merch, that said you still cannot make good coin JUST farming all the time, to sit there and do that day in day out would be mind numbingly boring and a waste of time doing so, think of all those hours you could have had fun other than in the same instance all day long(classing TT as 1 instance).
    He can't refine past +3, since otherwise he'd have to buy Orbs or Tishas or Tienkangs to be safe and that'd be HELPING THE CASH SHOPPERS.

Ok and here i never said i wouldn't help them hell i have CS'd in the past but up until recently i haven't due to rl, and you can get way above +3-4 with mirages if you are lucky.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Why should I have to buy another computer to play 1 game? Why should I devote 90% of my effort to AFFORD TO BE ABLE TO HAVE FUN?

I have 2 PCs. One of them is a desktop that I use to play games with and watch anime on. The second is a laptop. I bought the laptop so that I could have a mobile PC, it had nothing to do with multiboxing.

And it's not like you need two PCs. You can easily do it on one, just means you cannot merchant and play the game at the same time. But that's why you could set up the catshops overnight.

Also, the amount of effort required is usually less than 30 minutes a day. If you can't spare that, then you shouldn't be gaming.
    I can fire up some CS or Halo and I'm instantly having fun, no need to waste my day being able to afford fun, this is Perfect World(lol WAS) not Lemonade Stand Tycoon.

Guess what I do when I have a catshop up? I play Tekken 6 on my PS3. Or I play CS:CZ on my desktop. Or I watch anime. Or TV.

And besides, basic needs are easy to get. Stuff like TT armors and weapons. Of course, if you're gonna insist on TT99 golds, Lunars and so forth, it's gonna cost you, because that's end-game and it's supposed to be hard.
    I'm merely stating that in order to get this good gear you have to farm your *** off to then merch, that said you still cannot make good coin JUST farming all the time, to sit there and do that day in day out would be mind numbingly boring and a waste of time doing so, think of all those hours you could have had fun other than in the same instance all day long(classing TT as 1 instance).

That depends on your standards. Of course, if you're gonna compare a full-blown cash shopper with +10 end-game gears, it's gonna be hard. It's kinda the point.

• Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You only need one old laptop that you can find for like 50$ from eBay or something. It's up to you which one you want to be: poor loser with +5 TT99 or rich loser with +10 Nirvana. (Yes, it's possible.)
    Wow jeez..
    I'll stay at tt99+5 then. My life aint all about this game. If you're buying an extra lap top just to run a cat shop 24/7 or w/e, then gratz man, you have indeed dedicated yourself to this game.
    *Semi retired*
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Why should I devote 90% of my effort to AFFORD TO BE ABLE TO HAVE FUN?

Because this is Free-to-Play, Pay-to-Win game? I don't see any point in complaining why should you utilize one of the best methods of making money.

Anyway, I was able to get 1.5m coins every night by keeping my computer on. That is, until Warren stole my market.
    Wow jeez..
    I'll stay at tt99+5 then. My life aint all about this game. If you're buying an extra lap top just to run a cat shop 24/7 or w/e, then gratz man, you have indeed dedicated yourself to this game.

I happen to had that laptop already.

My life is neither about this game, far from it. I'm actually leaving the game in a week to study for my finals. And honestly, if a laptop costs 50$ and you profit hundreds of dollars worth of in-game coins that you would otherwise spend on the game, which one is a better idea? I sure don't know what has happened recently. I think you leveled your char pre-hypers so you should know that MMOs are about achieving gears/levels/anything, not rushing to level 100 and buying your gears instantly.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The moment a game feels more and more like a job, like several ppl in this thread lol just run the uninstall.exe

Ofc this will be heavily denied :p and in the end....all the cash shoppers are morons one by one, because....if PWE tomorrow decides to stop pwi, you won't get a refund (not even in mirages lol).
    b:bye
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Because this is Free-to-Play, Pay-to-Win game? I don't see any point in complaining why should you utilize one of the best methods of making money.

Anyway, I was able to get 1.5m coins every night by keeping my computer on. That is, until Warren stole my market.

Nah.
    The game obviously stole your life. You sound like a poor sap, no life , game junky. If you're multiboxing overnight, merchanting, doing things which aren't fun anymore as a second job to maybe have fun later and not lose what you have, you're addicted.

Stop playing, and get help.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Nah.
    The game obviously stole your life. You sound like a poor sap, no life , game junky. If you're multiboxing overnight, merchanting, doing things which aren't fun anymore as a second job to maybe have fun later and not lose what you have, you're addicted.

Posting on your alt and still showing your main in the profile is a bad thing _Pale. Bad bad thing. b:chuckle

Yes I got your sarcasm.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can we stay on topic?

This thread is supposed to be flaming PWE not fellow players b:shocked
    edited August 2010
    Nah.

I used to enjoy all aspects of this game and would never have said this in the past, and even though this game was made in China.

"/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]X[/COLOR][COLOR="white" Yet another Korean Grinder"

If you have played enough MMO's you know that's the probably the worst thing your MMO can be referenced as.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Posting on your alt and still showing your main in the profile is a bad thing _Pale. Bad bad thing.

Yes I got your sarcasm.

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Awww, but at least you care b:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    I used to enjoy all aspects of this game and would never have said this in the past, and even though this game was made in China.

"/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]X[/COLOR][COLOR="white" Yet another Korean Grinder where people don't grind anymore."

If you have played enough MMO's you know that's the probably the worst thing your MMO can be referenced as.

Fixed?
    b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Awww, but at least you care b:bye

Yup. I had to post something since if I didn't post anything (or posted a rage response lol) people would have thought I go butthurt because of you.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This thread is going to turn into all the other rage threads we have made before.

1.The GMs open the discussion thread to attract the ragers/players attention

2.The ragers/players post their thoughts on thread on 30+ pages.

3.The GMs then decide to reply with usually one of the most non thought out replies, that they know themselves is a pure lieb:chuckle.

4.Then the GMs go afk and let the players flame the threads topic until it dies which usually turns in to player vs player thread war.

5.Devs in China sit back an laugh because they have won againb:bye.
    edited August 2010
    This thread is going to turn into all the other rage threads we have made before.

1.The GMs open the discussion thread to attract the ragers/players attention

2.The ragers/players post their thoughts on thread on 30+ pages.

3.The GMs then decide to reply with usually one of the most non thought out replies, that they know themselves is a pure lieb:chuckle.

4.Then the GMs go afk and let the players flame the threads topic until it dies which usually turns in to player vs player thread war.

5.Devs in China sit back an laugh because they have won againb:bye.

The minute they lock this thread without actually addressing it, I'm sure all the people who are holding out for the slight chance they correct the problem will proceed to uninstall.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sorry if i give you the wrong impression, but i said all the ones with epic +10 wepon/armor are either cash shopers or dam good merchants =P

personally highest i managed to get without CS was blinding radiance +6 and tt90 +3 2/3 flawless citrines

after some cash invested in game to fight the number 1 faction of that time i had +10 bow,
    +7 tt99 wristguards, boots, lunar robe, warsoul helmet, 4 aps with fists and +5 rest with citrines

so for personal experience i say that isnt the TW payment that make people rich, is the CS

and sorry if i offended you in previous post in any way, not my intention

I don't get offended, I just respond. No worries. I don't know you personally, you don't know me. Nothing to be offended about, we are just two different people with different ideas and opinions sharing them in the same place!
    i would love helping finding solutions for the problem, but the thing is, unless players do something to make devs want to actualy fix the system, they wont listen to us so there have 3 things left to do
    1-QQ about it

2-stop charging zen

3-quit game

personally i think if half of CSers dont get any zen for 2-3 weeks, they will fell the problem in their wallets and start thinking about fix it, then would be the time to discuss solutions

actualy i just had an idea that could actualy help, keep some payment in form of coins, but only for lands that were atacked by other lv 3 factions and that actualy lasted some good time, also would be easy for gms to see if there had any fight going at all

They won't. A year ago people begged, QUIT BUYING PACKS! But the same ppl complaining about the economy are the same ppl buying the packs! (in general). Those griping about TW are also going to be the same people who will NOT quit charging zen and buying packs as well. They want a solution, as long as the solution doesn't mean they have to quit making money or using the cash shop to attain their goods.
    darkffx wrote: »
    because she is a womanb:chuckle

FrankieRaye is a man... where have you been?
This discussion has been closed.