Pack sellers are stupid

1235»

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What, you don't like the Documentation of the History of QQ?

Hell no! I love it. Was so much better than the earlier stupidity.

I love trolling and not actually doing work at work b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That makes absolutely no sense whatever. You keep re-defining the term QQ. You're not even being consistent. Wow. b:bye

Ok tell me how I re-defined QQ.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok tell me how I re-defined QQ.
    QQ: (verb) the act of complaining about something to the point where as they seem to be crying even when they are actually not.
    I don't think an informative thread can be considered QQ espeacially when the topic really has nothing to do with the OPs game play.

So where does your definition say that QQing has to relate to game play to be considered QQing?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    All you people trying to define QQ have your hearts in the right place, sort of, but... how about we try and define "profit"?

Definition 1: profit = coins from sale

This definition fails because it ignores costs. If I sell for less than I paid, I am not making a profit (though it might still be my most profitable option).

Definition 2: profit = coins from sale - purchase.

This definition fails because it ignores time. If I take a year to earn an extra 10k profit on a single sale, is my profit really higher than making an extra 1k profit every hour, 10 hours a day?.

Definition 3: profit = (coins from sale - purchase) / time.

This definition fails because it ignores the value of the coins. Sometimes I want to be buying something because its a good deal. Other times I do not have any particularly good deals available to me quite yet. And if I want to maximize my profit and I ignore these issues, I fail.

So... since I have failed to define profit adequately, would someone else like to try?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    All you people trying to define QQ have your hearts in the right place, sort of, but... how about we try and define "profit"?

Definition 1: profit = coins from sale

This definition fails because it ignores costs. If I sell for less than I paid, I am not making a profit (though it might still be my most profitable option).

This definition fails because it ignores time. If I take a year to earn an extra 10k profit on a single sale, is my profit really higher than making an extra 1k profit every hour, 10 hours a day?.

Definition 3: profit = (coins from sale - purchase) / time.

This definition fails because it ignores the value of the coins. Sometimes I want to be buying something because its a good deal. Other times I do not have any particularly good deals available to me quite yet. And if I want to maximize my profit and I ignore these issues, I fail.

So... since I have failed to define profit adequately, would someone else like to try?

Definition 2 is correct, profit is basically revenue - expenses. Profit is not a time dependent value; you can make 10 million over a year or a week and in each case it is considered 10 million in profit. Profit over time is usually used to find the optimal price to maximize said profit.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So where does your definition say that QQing has to relate to game play to be considered QQing?

Let's just agree to disagree because I know where this debate is going.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • exotdoz
    exotdoz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They try to "compete" with each other but all they really do is gimp their own profits.

At one point, there was someone selling packs just fine for 455k. Then people came along and thought they would try to sell faster by undercutting him by 1k. Then other people come along and undercut them by 1k. Of course none of the sellers were going to let other people sell cheaper than them so they keep lowering the price until eventually no one can lower anymore or they would make a loss lol. A day later, everyone is selling at 445k when they could have all been selling at 455k or more.

The funny thing is, gold prices keep rising but none of them can increase their prices because there is always someone selling at 445k because he's the last one to get his packs sold. The ones who manage to restock don't want to mark up because that person will then be selling cheaper than them and the cycle continues.

And I thought merchanters were supposed to be smart.

Time is money!b:laugh
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Time matters as long as you plan to reinvest. If you take a profit reduction and get 10% instead of 20%, but you are able to reinvest it, you would be getting another 10% off of 110%, or 1% more profit. This is just a basic idea, as there are many different areas to tweak extra profit out instead of just one. And it also shifts based off of future sales, tracking gold prices, etc.

You can't invest what is already invested, that is what volume trading is basically about. By compounding your returns at a faster pace, their over-all profit increases over the same time period for someone selling higher. You can also ruin the market for others, forcing them out, to later increase profit somewhat to make the market better. People focus on just one aspect, when there are just so damn many ways and different avenues to increasing coing through merchanting. Best ones will be the ones who can maximize as many points as possible.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    But I never heard it used like that until after ***.

Wish they would make a ******** 4. I didn't like starcraft at all really.

O_o'
    Me spent many hours of active play time on Starcraft.
    x.x'
    and WC1-3
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    talking about SC2, LOL and bh and nirv and cube.. I'm surviving on 4-5hrs of sleep a day + work.. too much gaming.. not enough time!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lemme try to define profit:

Definition 1: Gross Sales = coins from sale

This is the amount of money you have after selling your products.

This definition fails because it ignores time, but profit doesn't factor in time so..... this is the definition of profit.

Definition 3: income = (coins from sale - purchase) / time.

This is the rate you typically want to make as high as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo