Pack sellers are stupid

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Another side to the argument is that merchants lower their prices naturally when they are not selling as fast. When demand is not as high and packs are selling slower, sellers will naturally lower their prices.

You know within 2 hours after Tigers came back with the emergency maintenance, Ast and I got hundreds of packs cleared out at 410k each. Gold was not that high before that, remember before that gold was at around 360k - it had nothing to do with gold prices, it was simply mad demand for packs. Was anyone else undercutting anyone? There was no need to. Why would you undercut when hundreds of packs get cleared out within 10min of you putting it in? Now you get to the weekdays, it's getting kind of slower, it is logical to lower your prices a bit, especially if you want to liquidate to buy gold for DRAGON ORBS.

Everyone has fairly reasonable motives for doing what they do, calling them stupid is you not understanding it.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Haha I feel as if this is directed to me - so many hate messages in my shop because I sell for 1k less than the current lowest price. Guess what? Selling packs is a decent way to make money so tons of people do it AKA competition.. sure I could set my price 1k higher but I'd rather be able to lose 1k per pack and sell them within 15 minutes.

I do this in every market I'm in and it has worked pretty good, one market I made pretty much everyone quit because the profit was just not worth leaving your computer on. Now I have a monopoly in it.

This won't work for packs as they are such an obvious money maker but packs selling is just side money that is just too easy to not take advantage of.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Really? It's as simple as supply and demand. If you've got packs you want to sell at a higher price just wait for market conditions. If you can't afford to wait then you have cash flow issues and are by definition not a succesful entrepeneur. If the argument is prices will not go up to the level you can make a decent profit then you're not a smart investor. However you want to look at it you can't blame merchants for not keeeping prices artificially high. In the real world chances are no decent person would ever be allowed to be publicly seen with you after such statements... Yea, i guess the people **** the economy are those trying to lower the prices of the goods and you services that you pay for...

And low prices do benefit some merchants. As long as a profit can be made, however small, people with access to resources that allow them to buy/sell in bulk will benefit simply from the sheer volume of items traded, unlike smaller traders for whom warehousing their goods comes at the cost of tying up their resources and missing out on further revenue. Some people can always afford to sell below even cost, and as contradictory as it may seem there are even circumstances in which it would be reasonable to do so.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That's called competition. This is called a QQ thread.

Agreed with him, deal with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • burnedlama
    burnedlama Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    first off i think this QQ thing is really stupid... omg he said he likes kittens this is a QQ thread, well stop QQ about this QQ because they all QQ this and thats totally QQ... sound like a bunch of little school kids, when you can all stop saying QQ to everything then maybe you'll make a valid point.
    this thread, the first post was a statement, something he said was kind of dumb for merchants to do, to automatically label it "QQ" you misread it and need to go back to class where reading is being stressed more now than ever and i can see why.
    good day to all pwidiots XD
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    burnedlama wrote: »
    first off i think this QQ thing is really stupid... omg he said he likes kittens this is a QQ thread, well stop QQ about this QQ because they all QQ this and thats totally QQ... sound like a bunch of little school kids, when you can all stop saying QQ to everything then maybe you'll make a valid point.
    this thread, the first post was a statement, something he said was kind of dumb for merchants to do, to automatically label it "QQ" you misread it and need to go back to class where reading is being stressed more now than ever and i can see why.
    good day to all pwidiots XD

I lol at this quote... yet agreed... so many QQs and kittens in a QQ thread ROFL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Haha I feel as if this is directed to me - so many hate messages in my shop because I sell for 1k less than the current lowest price. Guess what? Selling packs is a decent way to make money so tons of people do it AKA competition.. sure I could set my price 1k higher but I'd rather be able to lose 1k per pack and sell them within 15 minutes.

I do this in every market I'm in and it has worked pretty good, one market I made pretty much everyone quit because the profit was just not worth leaving your computer on. Now I have a monopoly in it.

This won't work for packs as they are such an obvious money maker but packs selling is just side money that is just too easy to not take advantage of.

And I will say that countering such a smart, aggressive strategy is difficult. The resulting hatred stems from the rivals' inability to go for a better move, because all they want is profit (phenomenon amplified by greed and stubbornness). They will then 'rot in their catshops' wondering why their wares don't sell.

One word for you: Brilliant.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So is every thread going to get criticized by under-aged boys and girls and call it a QQ thread? Guys grow up. We should be allowed to post, and not be criticized at all for our point of views, and showing the community on what's going on in-game. Immature audience much.

And let the trolls begin!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you post a criticism of something on a public forum you should be ready to be criticized by other posters, otherwise you're a hypocrite. IJS
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So is every thread going to get criticized by under-aged boys and girls and call it a QQ thread? Guys grow up. We should be allowed to post, and not be criticized at all for our point of views, and showing the community on what's going on in-game. Immature audience much.

D:
    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Magic where have you been. I don't see your dumb hamster character anymore on Lost City. b:angry. And to stay on topic, Yes that archer girl has a point, but i'm just tired of seeing everyone use that "QQ" thing for everything. I swear... It's as bad as the "LOLUMAD" response. So childish. b:cold
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Read below.
    If you post a criticism of something on a public forum you should be ready to be criticized by other posters, otherwise you're a hypocrite. IJS

This was - or looked very much like - a QQ thread when the OP decided to title her thread "Pack sellers are stupid" (screams of hate because she can't do as well as them) and then complained about how they're dumb because they're losing out on profit.

She then backhanded people who told her she was wrong (myself included) even after we extensively explained why. She then began to throw around yet more names, and then, the real kicker, she told people that they shouldn't call other people names!

Not a hypocrite at all.

If she had organised her post better and refrained from calling pack sellers stupid, this would not have even appeared to be a QQ post. The OP got what she was asking for, and has since left this thread because everybody's told her what she doesn't want to hear:
    Your idea isn't going to work, nor was it going to work, and these are all the reasons why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i love it when people say that they "Merchant" and not use cash shop at all.
    Funny to see people that know they are lame and are embarassed xD
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wow you people love to say QQ and fail a lot for no reason. Does it make you feel better about yourselves? I was just observing their merchanting and commenting on how they could all be making more money if they didn't try to compete with each other. I'm not even the one competing with them so why would I be QQing?

^ this.

People seem to have forgot what QQ actually mean. I think people like to wait around for any moment to use the term whether its relavent or not. I can't tell you how much I've told some one "do you even know what QQ means?". Honestly I can make a thread about how hairy my balls are and the first few posts will be "stop QQing" "get over it you fail" "OP, QQ more -.-".

Imma do all you trolls a favor. write this down.

QQ: (verb) the act of complaining about something to the point where as they seem to be crying even when they are actually not.
    Used in a sentence: wow I pked jimmy and he wouldn't shut up about it in my PM's. I wish he would stop QQing.
    Another sentence: if this kid don't like the pvp system he should quit. All he is doing is posting countles QQ threads flaming other players and GMs.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Not you again.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    People seem to have forgot what QQ actually mean. I think people like to wait around for any moment to use the term whether its relavent or not.
    Stop QQing about people QQing about people QQing.

Great. Now you made me QQ about people QQing about people QQing about people QQing.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^ this.

People seem to have forgot what QQ actually mean. I think people like to wait around for any moment to use the term whether its relavent or not. I can't tell you how much I've told some one "do you even know what QQ means?". Honestly I can make a thread about how hairy my balls are and the first few posts will be "stop QQing" "get over it you fail" "OP, QQ more -.-".

QQ: (verb) the act of complaining about something to the point where as they seem to be crying even when they are actually not.
    Used in a sentence: wow I pked jimmy and he wouldn't shut up about it in my PM's. I wish he would stop QQing.
    Another sentence: if this kid don't like the pvp system he should quit. All he is doing is posting countles QQ threads flaming other players and GMs.

Here, me apply that definition to teh OP and show why the OP be QQing.
    1. The title be titled "Pack sellers are stupid" Already it starts off as a QQ since even though
    I'm not even the one competing with them so why would I be QQing?
    Khanderin obviously has an issue with pack sellers. (SPECIFICALLY PACK SELLERS, the same situation happens in pretty much any market so me are inclined to believe Khanderin had a bad experience with the pack market.) Not many normal people create threads bashing pack sellers just because they observed a problem which only they seem to be able to see happening solely in the pack market. (Also seeing stuff others can't see be being delusional.) o_o'

*me own comments in red, highlighted parts of teh quote in green for teh lulz*
    They try to "compete" with each other but all they really do is gimp their own profits.
    *start sad tale of teh poor merchant being overpowered by the competition.*
    At one point, there was someone selling packs just fine for 455k. Then people came along and thought they would try to sell faster by undercutting him by 1k. Then other people come along and undercut them by 1k. Of course none of the sellers were going to let other people sell cheaper than them so they keep lowering the price until eventually no one can lower anymore or they would make a loss lol. A day later, everyone is selling at 445k when they could have all been selling at 455k or more. *end sad tale*
    *Cue observation which doesn't quite make sense.*
    The funny thing is, gold prices keep rising but none of them can increase their prices because there is always someone selling at 445k because he's the last one to get his packs sold. The ones who manage to restock don't want to mark up because that person will then be selling cheaper than them and the cycle continues. *end observation*
    *Insert final angry bashing statement towards sellers*
    And I thought merchanters were supposed to be smart.

hai there _Bloody_Fox_
    b:bye
    and Solandri you know they not going to stop QQing about the QQing because they too busy QQing about them QQing about the QQ.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dude, have you seen my character? b:chuckle

I mean, wow, even I know how sad it is that I'm level 88 after almost 2 years of playing, and I wear equipment that's worth only about 10% of my net worth.

I'd be interested to meet the kind of person who actually spends $2,500 on a video game he only occasionally plays, only $250 of which he actually uses and the other $2,250 he forever leaves in a semi-anonymous cat-shop alt. My theory is that people like that only exist as imaginary ego-defense mechanisms, but if I'm wrong it would make for a heckuva psychological case-study.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ^ this.

Source? You don't even know what QQ means.

QQ is a taunt that started with WoW... when someone would cry and complain, people would say to QQ, basically telling you to ragequit because to force log you hit Alt + QQ.

Now it's just a generic term for someone who is whining or complaining.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010

QQ is a taunt that started with WoW... when someone would cry and complain, people would say to QQ, basically telling you to ragequit because to force log you hit Alt + QQ.

I know QQ when I see it. I received it on a daily bases back when I played my archer for clear reasons. I don't think an informative thread can be considered QQ espeacially when the topic really has nothing to do with the OPs game play.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I know QQ when I see it. I received it on a daily bases back when I played my archer for clear reasons. I don't think an informative thread can be considered QQ espeacially when the topic really has nothing to do with the OPs game play.

OP was crying about merchants being stupid. It can be QQ, you decide.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited August 2010
    I don't think an informative thread can be considered QQ espeacially when the topic really has nothing to do with the OPs game play.

That makes absolutely no sense whatever. You keep re-defining the term QQ. You're not even being consistent. Wow. b:bye
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The thread might be informative.... but no thanks to the OP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladysana
    ladysana Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    To all merchants in this thread: we should just let the OP and the non-believers win. After all, if they figure out how merchanting worked, who's gonna buy our packs? b:thanks
  • Mikako - Raging Tide
    Mikako - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Wrong, it started far earlier than lame **** WoW. Though you are half right, it was warcrack... just.. warcrack 2.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wrong, it started far earlier than lame **** WoW. Though you are half right, it was warcrack... just.. warcrack 2.

I always though it started back when D2 was hot. W2 was released in 1995 and D2 in 2000. Well whatever, before WoW anyway.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Mikako - Raging Tide
    Mikako - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I always though it started back when D2 was hot. W2 was released in 1995 and D2 in 2000. Well whatever, before WoW anyway.

Almost all (if not all) Blizzard games have the same shortcut keys, hence why alt+qq still works to this day, W2 was the first to utilize it for online play irc, though d2 is far more wellknown for its online play (and still one of the most popular games... sigh)
    edited August 2010

But I never heard it used like that until after WoW.

Wish they would make a ******** 4. I didn't like starcraft at all really.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I lol-ed at the direction this thread recently took. b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I lol-ed at the direction this thread recently took. b:chuckle

What, you don't like the Documentation of the History of QQ?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.