Why do people suck that much?

Comments

• Locutisk - Raging Tide
    Locutisk - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:laugh I was joking about the blonds. LOL By what she said they were all around the same level, so basically new to the game, etc and maybe got upset that she refused the services they were providing and decided to go without her. Bottom line you were invited should accept what tyhey gave you. It was their party.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    Kibiki - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    but the reality is that the OP ended up with lost exp, no boss kill

Wrong facts. I resed my veno with my own cleric --> lvl 10 res
    I got the boss killed.

Can a GM please close this thread? I got the answers I asked for and the subject is done for me :3
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    "Better alternative" was taking the lower res and getting the boss kill, then spend a couple of minutes afterwards killing mobs around area for the exp lost.

It's not a matter of worshipping the Cleric. The OP refused to take what was handed to him, but he wanted to choose what was being handed. You know the phrase "Beggers can't be choosers"? If the lower level Cleric gave you a res, then take the res. A res is a res no matter what level it is. It's not in the squad's job description to save you the few % of exp that you could get back by killing few mobs. They were already helping you kill a boss.

Ofc, you could say it would have been better if everyone received the higher res and lived happily ever after, but the reality is that the OP ended up with lost exp, no boss kill, and unwarranted urge to complain about it.

That is exactly the opinion I described. "Beggers can't be choosers"? I refuse to see myself as a beggar when I die in the squad. I do not make other people beg me to DD or to tank or whatever, so why should I beg for a res? It is a clerics ******n job.

My point is, the 97 cleric would have come anyway to help out with the boss, right? So it didn't matter if she took the lowbie res or not in the first place, because a high cleric would have been there ANYWAY in a couple of minutes. Where is the difference in waiting dead or standing there waiting? Of course it ended bad for the OP, but I do not see the fault on her side here. She didn't insult anyone, she just wanted to take advantage of the fact that the high cleric was going to come anyway. She didn't ask for him in the first place, did she? That is probably a thing I would have done myself as well. Yes, even at that level. No not because I cannot grind a few mobs, but because it is a slight advantage without anyone losing anything in the process.
    So there are two scenarios: If the squad managed to kill the boss before the lvl 97 arrived, it was impolite as well, because the high cleric would have come for nothing. If the high cleric DID come and the OP was ignored in spite of the fact that her wish for a higher res would not have troubled anyone, it was not her behaving like a jerk. Most of the high clerics I know would have even told her to stay dead till they can res her with lvl 10/11 res...

One last thing: The OP herself says she has a high lvl cleric as well with whom she asked if her res level was ok for the people she was going to res. That doesn't sound like her being a jerk to me. She is not having a double standard here. It pisses me off when people are presenetd as jerks just for the sake of trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sometimes, because of cases like this, I would prefer to keep my rez at lvl 1.

edit: cases-> what xegeth is saying and not what the OP is talking about.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That is exactly the opinion I described. "Beggers can't be choosers"?

Nonsense, Beggers can choose who they beg from.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Nonsense, Beggers can choose who they beg from.

but they cannot choose what they will get.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I`m blonde too, whats your point b:beatenup

Anyway, if it still didnt answer your question, the party tried to kill the boss again
    while you were relogging/going afk (you were semi afk didn`t you? b:mischievous)
    and there might be a chance your pt was abit BR and didnt understand why you keep doing what you did. So seeing you do that while they try to kill and wipe again , for not
    bother to bring another person (the 97 ep) from w/e the hell he was at that time, you realy asking why they ignored you? You didn`t got up to help them. Actualy forget "help", you wasted hour to wait till someone will get there, b/c you needed that too... so you the one that needed help.
    As for the other thing you said earlier, No , whoever hyper to 100 on dailies, and have no clue how to play his class or what skills to use or even what skills to level to max is NOT a real player in my eyes.

I wasn't waiting there so long because I had noone to kill the boss, but because I was busy RL, so it didn't hurt me to idle there until someone would come. I avoid doing stuff on my own when possible - If I would love doing stuff solo I wouldn't play a MMORPG.
    And what you say about not helping them is nonsense, because I wouldn't join a suicide commando anyway, alive or not. If they fail with the given cleric->tank constellation and try it again with high level help not in place it's not my task to jump in and get killed again just because they are impatient.
    What you say about Hyperstones and not knowing about skills is perfectly true though.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    but they cannot choose what they will get.

They still get the warm feeling inside from choosing.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Not me, i feel awful when i have to beg.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Sometimes, because of cases like this, I would prefer to keep my rez at lvl 1.

edit: cases-> what xegeth is saying and not what the OP is talking about.

Did I get this right: You say it is the pure selflessness and mercy of a cleric to res people with a high level res? And because I state that I don't find the clerics role more special than the role of the other squad members you feel offended? And you would prefer to keep your res at lvl 1 to show all those nasty people like me that you should not take a lvl 10 res for granted? Fine by me. But let me tell you that I never said I did not appreciate a good cleric. But I appreciate every other member of my squad as well. That is all. Sorry that you only get a a "thanks" and not a bunch of flowers every time you res me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    But the main reason for a spell like res is the ability to keep going in an instance if the cleric dies, and think of the exp loss prevented as the icing on the cake. I am still doing my job.

Anyway, if all clerics keep their rez at lvl 1, think of all the QQs it would prevent including the OP's situation.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    An assassin (support class, mind me) tanking Chewy... Haha, good one. Aren't tideborn squishy? And chewy a boss that kites? Seriously.

Personally I would have done otherwise than you did. 98%, why not go at the next level before going for a boss, if you feared that would happen?

But yes, if I were you, according to your story, I would have waited for the lv 97 cleric, unless this was a cruel prank (and another slap to the face). That said when I die, I tend to get pissed off and not wait for resurrection, nor begging for it. I grind back to full, no matter how long it would take.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Part of the reason I take aggro from the cleric in a bad situation is the fact that I know I will not lose exp if I die, but the cleric will. So I would protect the cleric even if it was clearly his fault that he aggroed mobs, because his situation in the case of a death is far worse than mine. Sure, I would still keep a cleric with level one res alive, but since a case like the one described above is a win win situation, i see the clerics lvl 10 res as a "payment" for always being the first or maybe the only one i look after in the squad. It is a give and take, not a begging from my part. Maybe it is just me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    although i have been saved by tons of people before, there are those DDs who wouls "step aside" and munch on popcorns when I am in need of help.(even in my fb99) I do agree that its a good payment(or at least an incentive to prevent a party wipe) , but what I don't get is why people are still that unwilling to die?

meh, i am digressing from the point of this thread.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    But the main reason for a spell like res is the ability to keep going in an instance if the cleric dies, and think of the exp loss prevented as the icing on the cake. I am still doing my job.

Anyway, if all clerics keep their rez at lvl 1, think of all the QQs it would prevent including the OP's situation.

With res it's like with Veno's "lending hand".
    In Frost or wherever, all people say is "spark plz", or even taking it for granted the Veno will use that skill as soon as cooldown is over.
    They act on the assumption a Veno has learned that spell, and they would probably consider him/her fail if that's not the case.
    So most Venos automatically learn that skill to avoid haters and because they like to be useful.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Still an interesting discussion, altho off topic.

Sure there are DDs that step aside, but that makes them fail completely at their role. And yes you can quote me there every time a DD let's you die when he could have taken aggro off you. People are unwilling to die because they do not like the "you are dead" window. Maybe it is something psychological, I dunno. Or maybe they are egoistic suckers that know they will get a rez anyway, even if you die. It is nothing rational, bunch o' noobs. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    In Frost or wherever, all people say is "spark plz", or even taking it for granted the Veno will use that skill as soon as cooldown is over.
    They act on the assumption a Veno has learned that spell, and they would probably consider him/her fail if that's not the case.
    So most Venos automatically learn that skill to avoid haters and because they like to be useful.

with the cleric's rez, people assume that it is the clerics job to take the 100% exp loss on a party wipeout as well, and when clerics complained about it, they use the "its your job" card.

well, i have heard about venos not learning fox form so that they can stay pretty.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    with the cleric's rez, people assume that it is the clerics job to take the 100% exp loss on a party wipeout as well, and when clerics complained about it, they use the "its your job" card.

well, i have heard about venos not learning fox form so that they can stay pretty.

And that's where people are absolutely wrong. It's not the cleric's duty to get up after dying and res everyone and not complain about the own exp loss. The cleric shouldn't even die in the first place! That's one of the so called jobs of the other squad members - to protect the cleric. If they can't do it, THEY fail, not the healer. Res is the reward for good protection. Quid pro quo.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    sometimes its inevitable .__.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Yea... And I do agree that it is the cleric's job to get up _sometimes_, when a situation was inevitable. But that shouldn't happen often. Not often enough that the exp loss or the expenses for guardian scrolls exceed the expenses of other classes dramatically. If the squad screws up repeatedly they should compensate. I more than once collected money from the squad to pay for the clerics GAs when the squad was getting everybody killed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010

If you don't level useful skills you are bad and there is no way in hell I will ever take you in my squads.

There's a difference between being strapped for cash and being an idiot.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    All i'm trying to figure out is if the OP knows that if one cleric gives you a res, and then another one (higher or lower lvl) gives you a res, it overwrites the first rez b:question
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    If you don't level useful skills you are bad and there is no way in hell I will ever take you in my squads.

There's a difference between being strapped for cash and being an idiot.

You people are very fast with your tongue today apparently ^^
    First, I don't think you ask every person you squad with if there are skills they haven't maxed.
    So how will you know someone lacks a skill unless it's too late already?
    Second, a Veno without Lending Hand is not automatically a bad Veno, since a spark support skill has nothing to do with the the main jobs of a Veno: luring and debuffing.
    If you kick a Veno out of squad cause she didn't give you a spark, then you are also an idiot.
    It would be something else if a Veno refuses to use pets or debuffs. I wouldn't kick a Wizard either just because he didn't heal me with Morning Dew. Those are skills noone is dependent on cause the main focus of the class is elsewhere.
    Personally, I did learn Lending Hand on my old Veno and will again on this one because I like to support squad members.

@LifeHunting: I learned that today. I play this game for over a year now, but never had the chance to find it out by situation.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=713222

to explain all about multiple rez casting
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the link Lylfo, obviously the res casting wasn't that clear all the time for everyone :) I feel better now b:cute
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ?
    Second, a Veno without Lending Hand is not automatically a bad Veno, since a spark support skill has nothing to do with the the main jobs of a Veno: luring and debuffing, suporting,DDing and sometimes even tanking.
    If you kick a Veno out of squad cause she didn't give you a spark, then you are also an idiot.
    COLOR]

fixed in red what stuff a veno actually should do

errr its a skil with 1 level what are you complaining about and theres situations where it can be quite ussefull
    also from your logic you would lure, amp, purge and any other debuff and dont bother DDing, suporting your squad and tanking is something not a primairy job but stil something you can be called for

buffing passing sparks and other usefull stuff to make stuff easier/faster etc is what i call suporting only direct DD got its own catagory
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm confused.

What is this about?

You not getting rezed, or you not getting invited back in to get the kill credit?
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You people are very fast with your tongue today apparently ^^
    First, I don't think you ask every person you squad with if there are skills they haven't maxed.
    So how will you know someone lacks a skill unless it's too late already?
    Second, a Veno without Lending Hand is not automatically a bad Veno, since a spark support skill has nothing to do with the the main jobs of a Veno: luring and debuffing.
    It would be something else if a Veno refuses to use pets or debuffs. I wouldn't kick a Wizard either just because he didn't heal me with Morning Dew. Those are skills noone is dependent on cause the main focus of the class is elsewhere.
    Personally, I did learn Lending Hand on my old Veno and will again on this one because I like to support squad members.

@LifeHunting: I learned that today. I play this game for over a year now, but never had the chance to find it out by situation.

I don't ask but I can tell during the course of an instance.

Spark support is actually one of the veno's roles. Throwing a spark where needed is something a veno does on cooldown in Frost and Rebirth.

If you're not doing your job and/or are unable to do your job I will kick you. A mage's job isn't to heal the tank.

I'm sorry but you don't know how to play your class in instances despite playing it for a year. b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Anarchism - Harshlands
    Anarchism - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if you are level 40, then why are you bothering with a lvl10 rez? only when you reach 70+ can you pull off **** like that in a BH. I would hate to have to wait for a level 40 to get his lvl10 res "to loose less EXP"
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    this thread was amusing lol...OP who fails to see what everyone is trying to tell her over 9 whopping pages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
This discussion has been closed.