Why do people suck that much?

Comments

• Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So if you go over to your friend's house and your friend's daughter makes you an ugly cookie which she wants you to eat, you are going to tell her no because you'd prefer the superior looking cookie made by her mother?

Erm yea, it makes you a jerk. It doesn't matter if you tell her thanks, it still hurts feelings.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    Kibiki - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So if you go over to your friend's house and your friend's daughter makes you an ugly cookie which she wants you to eat, you are going to tell her no because you'd prefer the superior looking cookie made by her mother?

Erm yea, it makes you a jerk. It doesn't matter if you tell her thanks, it still hurts feelings.

Okay then. I will still remember that when I'm 95+ and a lvl 45 cleric wants to res me.
    I won't say no anymore, cause I'd rather lose heavily gained exp than being a "jerk" ;)
    You can't compare every game situation to a real life one, sorry..
    Refusing a cookie from a little kid has nothing to do with refusing a ressurection.
    It won't harm me to eat two cookies, one from the kid and one from the mother.
    But this is a game, and I don't expect 5 year old children here who cry about being mobbed just because another cleric is higher level with a higher res level and don't see you just don't wanna lose exp - the amount is not the subject here.
    I don't think you always practice what you preach yourself. Just imagine you are about to make a deal and wanna buy wings from someone for 10 million, then another person offers you the same for 9 milion.
    For sure you take the expensive ones cause you don't wanna hurt the first seller.. b:chuckle So much for comparisons.
  • Locutisk - Raging Tide
    Locutisk - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Dude b:laugh You dont get it, you acted as a jerk and they kicked you out, it was your fault not theirs, everyone is trying to tell you that and you still dont get it. Enuff said.b:bye
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    I don't think you always practice what you preach yourself. Just imagine you are about to make a deal and wanna buy wings from someone for 10 million, then another person offers you the same for 9 milion.
    For sure you take the expensive ones cause you don't wanna hurt the first seller.. b:chuckle So much for comparisons.

That is a business. The lvl 49 Cleric gave you a res out of kindness, not for money. What you are doing is weighting kindness with the amount of benefit on your side. That is selfish.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Someone happy he found someone sharing his opinion? b:laugh
    As long as you don't bring real arguments and not only "QQ you are bad and ungrateful" I don't take your comments serious :3 And if the subject is done for you, why do you even care to reply again?
    @Locutisk
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    98% exp at level 39? Let's see, assuming the level 49 cleric had res maxed then you would've lost 2-3% exp (if even that much) which would have taken you down to about 95%. Wait around for the 97 cleric to come and kill Khewy, turn in the quest, get back to 98% exp, grind for 5 minutes, ding.

If the difference between reses was 50k+ exp and and hour or more of grinding later then maybe I could see why you'd rather have a higher level res but in this case the difference in exp loss couldn't have been more than 2k.

In the end, you had to use the level 49's res and you didn't get Khewy all because you wanted to save yourself 2k exp.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Still haven't answered me on why you had to keep on relogging.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Still haven't answered me on why you had to keep on relogging.

If you had read carefully, you would have seen that I didn't know it wasn't necessary to relog.
  • Locutisk - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Let me guess you are like what 12 years old, mommy. mommy Jimmy took the bigger piece of steak, that is not fair, now he dont want to share, mommy, mommy spank him... lol, grow up dude, this is a game, learn your lesson and dont be a prick, you needed them to do the quest, they didnt need you, proof? they finished the quest you didnt. enuff said this time for real.. or...b:byeb:shutup
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    98% exp at level 39? Let's see, assuming the level 49 cleric had res maxed then you would've lost 2-3% exp (if even that much) which would have taken you down to about 95%. Wait around for the 97 cleric to come and kill Khewy, turn in the quest, get back to 98% exp, grind for 5 minutes, ding.

If the difference between reses was 50k+ exp and and hour or more of grinding later then maybe I could see why you'd rather have a higher level res but in this case the difference in exp loss couldn't have been more than 2k.

In the end, you had to use the level 49's res and you didn't get Khewy all because you wanted to save yourself 2k exp.

This sums up my opinion on the matter very well.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    If you had read carefully, you would have seen that I didn't know it wasn't necessary to relog.

What?

10char
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I would say your being a bit nitpicky.. At 49 a cleric can have their rez at a faily high level so you are quibbeling and being annoying for very little XP difference.

I might ignore you too and see how you like no rez and no help with boss.

You could have gotten a lvl 6 or 7 rez and help with your culti boss right then, instead of left for dead and needing to waste more time to find any rez you can get and search down a new squad. You could have taken the time watsed and grinded or whatever and made 100 times the amount of XP difference.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Okay then. I will still remember that when I'm 95+ and a lvl 45 cleric wants to res me.
    I won't say no anymore, cause I'd rather lose heavily gained exp than being a "jerk" ;)
    You can't compare every game situation to a real life one, sorry..
    Refusing a cookie from a little kid has nothing to do with refusing a ressurection.
    It won't harm me to eat two cookies, one from the kid and one from the mother.
    But this is a game, and I don't expect 5 year old children here who cry about being mobbed just because another cleric is higher level with a higher res level and don't see you just don't wanna lose exp - the amount is not the subject here.

The fact you'd assume you could have both cookies in that scenario is proof enough that you're just being selfish. Might not have been stated you COULDN'T have both...but any reasonable person would assume you could only have one, with the second being a nice but unexpected treat. =<
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Let me guess you are like what 12 years old, mommy. mommy Jimmy took the bigger piece of steak, that is not fair, now he dont want to share, mommy, mommy spank him... lol, grow up dude, this is a game, learn your lesson and dont be a prick, you needed them to do the quest, they didnt need you, proof? they finished the quest you didnt. enuff said this time for real.. or...b:byeb:shutup

For your information, I'm 23, not a "dude",and the one who is behaving like a kid is you at the moment.
    What you say is not much more than trolling and has nothing to do with the subject.
    Besides, I didn't need them. I resed my Veno with my lvl 72 after and I could tank Khewy with my main any time. I just like to play with other people, get to know them. But I expect them to be mature enough to not mix up game and reality and feel offended if I wanna make use of a game advantage called lvl 10 res. That was my last reply to you - from now on --> ignore the troll b:bye
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    The fact you'd assume you could have both cookies in that scenario is proof enough that you're just being selfish. Might not have been stated you COULDN'T have both...but any reasonable person would assume you could only have one, with the second being a nice but unexpected treat. =<

Don't you think it would offend the mother if I don't try HER cookies as well..?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    I just realize that you have a 7X and 8X. What do you mean you didn't know it wasn't necessary to relog?
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I just realize that you have a 7X and 8X. What do you mean you didn't know it wasn't necessary to relog?

oracle newbie?
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    oracle newbie?

Omg, you got me there!
    Because I oracle all day long I care for experience that much. I see you understand much about logical thinking :3
    I apologize very much that I was told you need to relog to overwrite a res and that I've never been in a situation to prove that right... Silly me! b:thanks
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Omg, you got me there!
    Because I oracle all day long I care for experience that much. I see you understand much about logical thinking :3
    I apologize very much that I was told you need to relog to overwrite a res and that I've never been in a situation to prove that right... Silly me! b:thanks

*facefist*
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What if the level 97 Cleric ressed you and it turns out that Cleric only had...level 1 res? Dun dun dun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It is kinda annoying how everyone has that "If a cleric did something, it is always a completely selfless act that may not be questioned" reflex. A res is something that doesn't make a lot of trouble for a cleric, if he is nearby or coming anyway. In my opinion it is common sense that the higher level character buffs and resses, regardless of level or situation. Sure, I would not summon a higher level cleric from one end of the map to the other just for a better res, but if the cleric is coming anyway, the squad might as well wait for everyone to be nearby and take the best possible res and buffs.

And sorry, I cannot take people who talk about "hurting someones feelings" in that case seriously. A res is not a cookie that is baked with a lot of love and effort. A res is one click on a skill icon.
    Sure, some people say "eat the exp loss, no problem at your level", but for some it is a matter of principle. If there is a better alternative for someone else to do that one click, it is no problem to ask for it. If I have two BMs in a squad and one has a sage bell, I ask him to buff me as well, even if the other one buffed me already, although I do not really need the additional 1% or so reduction (After all I can finish teh dungeon without BM buff as well).
    It is just rationally taking the better alternative. And if a lowbie cleric has his feelings hurted because someone has the completely logical argument that he'd rather take the better res, that person should really learn to take the game a bit less seriously. Not every decision is a personell attack.

A bit more general: Always this "Always be thankful to every cleric, do not question what they do - ever" talk. Of course I am thankful if a cleric friend flies all over the map just to res me. But if I am in a squad with a cleric it is completely normal that the cleric heals and resses, just as I attack every mob that aggros him. He does his job, I do mine. That does not make the cleric an angel while I am the always grateful cleric-worshipper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Locutisk - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Ah, now we know, you are 23, a dudette and you are blond I bet you, you must be blond.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    What if the level 97 Cleric ressed you and it turns out that Cleric only had...level 1 res? Dun dun dun!

That would be a case of "owned" b:pleased
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OP is part of PWI's generation of players that likes having everything handed to them.

Hence why this makes so little sense from a logical point of view.

Level 39 -> 40 = 122,070 EXP.
    Now then, since you're aware of discord, death means you only lose 3.5% EXP, so 4272 EXP roughly.
    Since you were at 98%, that means you had (at the very most) 2442 EXP til you leveled.
    And, of course, turning in this quest would give you 7.5k EXP.
    So even IF you towned or were given level 1 res, turning the quest in would level you anyways.

Now the difference between the two resses is 30% EXP if the other cleric only had level 10 res. With the lower level cleric, you lose 1708 EXP. With the high level cleric, you lose 427 EXP. So this big fuss is over... 1.3k EXP that doesn't even really matter since turning in the quest would level you anyways.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say you worked to grind off that amazing loss to your EXP. Picking a random level 39 monster, we see you get 197 EXP per kill. With double EXP, that's 394 EXP per kill. That means with FOUR MONSTERS, you'd have nullified the difference in EXP between the two resses. And if you happened to fight them while they had a stat boost (inc def or w/e), then it would be TWO monsters. This isn't even justifiable as wanting to take advantage of a game mechanic. It's just you being lazy.

Personally, I completely agree with the squad for leaving you in the dust and killing the boss while you laid on the floor.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oracle newbie?

You are a bit stupid, aren't you? Till today I didn't know that you don't need to relog for a new res. People told me that you need to relog for a new res when I was a lowbie and I never questioned it. After all it is not a situation that happens very often. Starting with the "Oracle noob stuff" at this point is just completely pointless. Am I an oracle noob as well because I didn't know that fact either? I do not think so. It never ceases to amaze me how people are only able to use the same old phrases and are too dumb to argue properly, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You do know that a higher revive level = less EXP lost from death right?

At level 40 it shouldn't be a big deal. At higher levels maybe. Might as well accept the res and get on with it. 40-50 in this era of the triple BH should take about 6-8 hours of gameplay. 5% exp loss isn't that much at lvl 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well, maybe they taked the relog [and twice] as an insult.

Well, if the Cleric got that insulted. Bad. But looks like you also got insulted [and even more, came to the forum, most people didn't told you that you were right, and got more insulted?]. Also bad.

Anyway, exp it's not that big deal nowadays.

And they aren't the ones that suck. I mean, they came and tried to do what they can with what they have. Maybe failed. And twice. But they tried. Even with a lower rez. Before calling higher help. Not too many people do that. Most of them always want the easier way. Asking on Bhs for level. And so.
    [insert sig here]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    OP is part of PWI's generation of players that likes having everything handed to them.

Hence why this makes so little sense from a logical point of view.

Level 39 -> 40 = 122,070 EXP.
    Now then, since you're aware of discord, death means you only lose 3.5% EXP, so 4272 EXP roughly.
    Since you were at 98%, that means you had (at the very most) 2442 EXP til you leveled.
    And, of course, turning in this quest would give you 7.5k EXP.
    So even IF you towned or were given level 1 res, turning the quest in would level you anyways.

Now the difference between the two resses is 30% EXP if the other cleric only had level 10 res. With the lower level cleric, you lose 1708 EXP. With the high level cleric, you lose 427 EXP. So this big fuss is over... 1.3k EXP that doesn't even really matter since turning in the quest would level you anyways.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say you worked to grind off that amazing loss to your EXP. Picking a random level 39 monster, we see you get 197 EXP per kill. With double EXP, that's 394 EXP per kill. That means with FOUR MONSTERS, you'd have nullified the difference in EXP between the two resses. And if you happened to fight them while they had a stat boost (inc def or w/e), then it would be TWO monsters. This isn't even justifiable as wanting to take advantage of a game mechanic. It's just you being lazy.

Personally, I completely agree with the squad for leaving you in the dust and killing the boss while you laid on the floor.

Owned by math. b:shocked
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    It is kinda annoying how everyone has that "If a cleric did something, it is always a completely selfless act that may not be questioned" reflex. A res is something that doesn't make a lot of trouble for a cleric, if he is nearby or coming anyway. In my opinion it is common sense that the higher level character buffs and resses, regardless of level or situation. Sure, I would not summon a higher level cleric from one end of the map to the other just for a better res, but if the cleric is coming anyway, the squad might as well wait for everyone to be nearby and take the best possible res and buffs.

And sorry, I cannot take people who talk about "hurting someones feelings" in that case seriously. A res is not a cookie that is baked with a lot of love and effort. A res is one click on a skill icon.
    Sure, some people say "eat the exp loss, no problem at your level", but for some it is a matter of principle. If there is a better alternative for someone else to do that one click, it is no problem to ask for it. If I have two BMs in a squad and one has a sage bell, I ask him to buff me as well, even if the other one buffed me already, although I do not really need the additional 1% or so reduction (After all I can finish teh dungeon without BM buff as well).
    It is just rationally taking the better alternative. And if a lowbie cleric has his feelings hurted because someone has the completely logical argument that he'd rather take the better res, that person should really learn to take the game a bit less seriously. Not every decision is a personell attack.

A bit more general: Always this "Always be thankful to every cleric, do not question what they do - ever" talk. Of course I am thankful if a cleric friend flies all over the map just to res me. But if I am in a squad with a cleric it is completely normal that the cleric heals and resses, just as I attack every mob that aggros him. He does his job, I do mine. That does not make the cleric an angel while I am the always grateful cleric-worshipper.

"Better alternative" was taking the lower res and getting the boss kill, then spend a couple of minutes afterwards killing mobs around area for the exp lost.

It's not a matter of worshipping the Cleric. The OP refused to take what was handed to him, but he wanted to choose what was being handed. You know the phrase "Beggers can't be choosers"? If the lower level Cleric gave you a res, then take the res. A res is a res no matter what level it is. It's not in the squad's job description to save you the few % of exp that you could get back by killing few mobs. They were already helping you kill a boss.

Ofc, you could say it would have been better if everyone received the higher res and lived happily ever after, but the reality is that the OP ended up with lost exp, no boss kill, and unwarranted urge to complain about it.
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ah, now we know, you are 23, a dudette and you are blond I bet you, you must be blond.

I`m blonde too, whats your point b:beatenup

Anyway, if it still didnt answer your question, the party tried to kill the boss again
    while you were relogging/going afk (you were semi afk didn`t you? b:mischievous)
    and there might be a chance your pt was abit BR and didnt understand why you keep doing what you did. So seeing you do that while they try to kill and wipe again , for not
    bother to bring another person (the 97 ep) from w/e the hell he was at that time, you realy asking why they ignored you? You didn`t got up to help them. Actualy forget "help", you wasted hour to wait till someone will get there, b/c you needed that too... so you the one that needed help.
    As for the other thing you said earlier, No , whoever hyper to 100 on dailies, and have no clue how to play his class or what skills to use or even what skills to level to max is NOT a real player in my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
This discussion has been closed.