Why do people suck that much?

Kibiki - Lost City
Kibiki - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Today I was waiting at Khewy for hours to see if a squad to kill him will show up that I can join.
Then a psychic invited me, saying he has a cleric.
A bit later she joined (lvl 49), also a sin that was supposed to be tank and an archer.
The first try was a failure, cleric couldn't keep the sin alive, but when a tank is a 2-3 shot anyway not even the best cleric can do magic here.
The party wiped and the cleric, who was able to escape, started to res everyone.
I offered to bring my lvl 72 cleric or my 82 sin to help out, but got no real reply.
Some seconds later they invited a lvl 97 cleric, obviously their faction director.
I already was resed by the lvl 49 cleric (but didn't get up yet), and said thanks, but that I will rather wait for the lvl 97 clerics res because I was at 98%.
So I relogged and let the psychic invite me again. The high-lvl cleric took a while to arrive, and in the meantime the lvl 49 cleric resed me again - And some others who died for the second time for reasons I don't know.
I told her to please stop it and that the lvl 97 cleric will be here soon, and asked the psychic to invite me again after another relog.
When I logged in again, I whispered him that I returned.. But he didn't invite me back. I wrote in common chat as well and whispered another person from squad, but they just ignored me and killed Khewy more or less in front of my eyes while I was being dead in the air. Now I wonder - Is it a crime to rather be resed by a cleric with lvl 10 res than accept a lower res just to be grateful? Besides, I did say thanks, I wasn't impolite, I didn't insult anyone or whatever. So, do people just suck or did I make a mistake that I just can't see here?

Post edited by Kibiki - Lost City on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    DAMN YOU PWI FOR CUTTING MY POSTS!!!!!

Your low level, don
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    A res is a res to most people, they don't care who does it, or what level it is. If you're far away from the mobs, then you can always heal yourself. No need for a high level cleric to res you if you can do that.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    A res is a res to most people, they don't care who does it, or what level it is. If you're far away from the mobs, then you can always heal yourself. No need for a high level cleric to res you if you can do that.

You do know that a higher revive level = less EXP lost from death right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Always take your rez until you get to 80+. there is more EXP than you can imagine to gather now. Lying there is just wasting time.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    You do know that a higher revive level = less EXP lost from death right?

Yes but the OP is a lowbie and the EXP loss is pretty much nothing. The time lying there she could have been leveled by then grinding on mobs most likely.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Always take your rez until you get to 80+. there is more EXP than you can imagine to gather now. Lying there is just wasting time.

^ This. It isn't that hard to get the lost exp back in mid levels nowadays anyway.
    edited June 2010
    Yes but the OP is a lowbie and the EXP loss is pretty much nothing. The time lying there she could have been leveled by then grinding on mobs most likely.
    ^ This. It isn't that hard to get the lost exp back in mid levels nowadays anyway.

Doesn't matter how high a level you are, or how much EXP you might not lose. Console RPGs have had lots of grinding for years. So if you can't grind in an MMORPG... then maybe it's time to go back to other genres.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • momoshhiro
    momoshhiro Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Its obviously not about the ability to grind...lol
    edited June 2010
    Doesn't matter how high a level you are, or how much EXP you might not lose. Console RPGs have had lots of grinding for years. So if you can't grind in an MMORPG... then maybe it's time to go back to other genres.

Exaggerating much? OP didn't want to needlessly lose a bit of EXP because a better alternative was on the way, what's that got to do with being unable to grind?

Also, MMORPG =/= console RPG. Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    momoshhiro wrote: »
    Its obviously not about the ability to grind...lol
    Exaggerating much? OP didn't want to needlessly lose a bit of EXP because a better alternative was on the way, what's that got to do with being unable to grind?

And it's obviously not about the idea that MMORPGs are basically the same as console RPGs, just with other player interaction.

• Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Sure, I am a lowbie, and I could have grinded.
    But if the lvl 97 cleric is already in squad and on the way, why should I?
    It's not that I was in a hurry, I did some things in RL while being dead.
    For me it's more a matter of principle, and the psychic also asked the lvl 97 directly to res him, so what would have been the problem in ressing me as well?
    Question here is, should I feel bad for not taking the lvl 49s res? I have a cleric myself, and I even asked people if they want a lvl 5 or 9 or whatever res, and some said "no" straight forward. And I accepted it without hating.

A bit off topic, but there seem to be some players who cling to the opinion that every player who doesn't level by grinding only up to lvl 100 is not a "true" player, cause "back then they had no Hyper-Stones and silly stuff like that", they had to work hard for their experience and nowadays everyone is just spoiled and lazy. The stuff about inability to grind reminds me a bit of that ^^
    edited June 2010
    And it's obviously not about the idea that MMORPGs are basically the same as console RPGs, just with other player interaction.

''Just'' with other player interaction?

Player interaction is what defines an MMORPG, because they have a slight relevance to some stupid console RPG doesn't mean we've got to follow the same rules as those, k?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Player interaction is what defines an MMORPG, because they have a slight relevance to some stupid console RPG doesn't mean we've got to follow the same rules as those, k?

Then why not make an MMOA?

Massive Multiplayer Online Adventure?

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ''Just'' with other player interaction?

Don't be an idiot, they're got quite a few similarities.

In any case, you get idiots. That's part of the MMO experience. F2P games seem to have a lot so you'll have to deal with it. Find good players you enjoy doing things with and add them as friends and do things with them. Eventually you'll almost never have to PUG baddies.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Locutisk - Raging Tide
    Locutisk - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yes you should, there was no 97 in the beginning and you made the one who was helping you like ****, she was doing her best for the whole party and you told her basically "shove it". What do you expect? b:bye It is the same as you are in the middle of the desert dying of thirst and someone offers you water but you see like 3 miles away the Pepsi truck, oh no thanks I will wait for the Pepsi truck, ooopss was a mesmerism, sry you dead. In my old town we always say "la luz de alante es la que mas alumbra" or "pajaro en mano es mejor que 100 volando" (something about the first light is the best choice and it is better a bird in hand then 100 flying. b:laugh
    edited June 2010
    Then why not make an MMOA?

Massive Multiplayer Online Adventure?

What are you even trying to get at here?

OP didn't want to lose EXP, waited for a higher cleric to res her, they probably thought OP was being ungrateful and left her behind.

And you start making links with console RPG's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You know... you could have just stayed online as the last res to be used on you is the one that takes priority anyways in terms of EXP lost.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What are you even trying to get at here?

OP didn't want to lose EXP, waited for a higher cleric to res her, they probably thought OP was being ungrateful and left her behind.

>exp loss at level 39
    >worth wasting time making a lvl 97 come res you

I don't see what she's implying here.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited June 2010

Obviously, since even console RPG makers make MMORPGs...

like Squeenix (and not just Final Fantasies XI and XIV.) Squeenix has other MMORPGs too.

As well as Level-5 (White Knight Chronicles)

Not to mention Grandia Online.

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Nothing necessarily wrong with that if it's that important to you. But telling the Cleric currently on site to stop doing their job because of the high-level on the way is kind of asinine in my honest opinion. A slap in the face when they didn't really have to stop to (try to) help you in the first place.
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    yes you should, there was no 97 in the beginning and you made the one who was helping you like ****, she was doing her best for the whole party and you told her basically "shove it". What do you expect? b:bye It is the same as you are in the middle of the desert dying of thirst and someone offers you water but you see like 3 miles away the Pepsi truck, oh no thanks I will wait for the Pepsi truck, ooopss was a mesmerism, sry you dead. In my old town we always say "la luz de alante es la que mas alumbra" or "pajaro en mano es mejor que 100 volando" (something about the first light is the best choice and it is better a bird in hand then 100 flying. b:laugh

First, I didnt insult her and I said thanks.
    Second: If you are about to tank a dungeon, and then another barb joins and wants to tank cause he is much higher than you, would you be insulted, even if it would be safer for the party and faster? What I wanna say is, people don't see that sometimes they will be replaced for a reason, but that's nothing personal, but makes things faster or better - be it for a whole party or a single person. The clerics both had no disadvantage, and if the lower doesn't even listen - Why should I be the one being ignored then?
    edited June 2010
    Nothing necessarily wrong with that if it's that important to you. But telling the Cleric currently on site to stop doing their job because of the high-level on the way is kind of asinine in my honest opinion. A slap in the face when they didn't really have to stop to (try to) help you in the first place.

Indeed, and logging out (which wasn't needed in the first place) probably even more so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Obviously, since even console RPG makers make MMORPGs...

like Squeenix (and not just Final Fantasies XI and XIV.) Squeenix has other MMORPGs too.

As well as Level-5 (White Knight Chronicles)

Not to mention Grandia Online.

True, but what I'm trying to say is that that doesn't really have much relevance to the topic at hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010

I just said it when she resed me for the second time, even if I already stated that I wanna wait. I didn't know that I don't have to relog to overwrite a res, so I was a bit angry that she obviously didn't even listen to me or didn't care
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    From what I understand, the other cleric ressed you, you relogged, ressed you again, you relogged again, like her ress was the ****ing plague or something. It's apparent that by the time you logged back on, everyone got up and has died a second time. In other words, everyone took an exp hit to try the boss a second time (and possibly spare the lvl 97 the trouble of having to come here) and you laid there being worthless. Now you're wondering what their problem is.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    First, I didnt insult her and I said thanks.
    Second: If you are about to tank a dungeon, and then another barb joins and wants to tank cause he is much higher than you, would you be insulted, even if it would be safer for the party and faster? What I wanna say is, people don't see that sometimes they will be replaced for a reason, but that's nothing personal, but makes things faster or better - be it for a whole party or a single person. The clerics both had no disadvantage, and if the lower doesn't even listen - Why should I be the one being ignored then?

Considering what you said, maybe you were replaced...? :P
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why did you have to keep on reloging?
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    From what I understand, the other cleric ressed you, you relogged, ressed you again, you relogged again, like her ress was the ****ing plague or something. It's apparent that by the time you logged back on, everyone got up and has died a second time. In other words, everyone took an exp hit to try the boss a second time (and possibly spare the lvl 97 the trouble of having to come here) and you laid there being worthless. Now you're wondering what their problem is.

Ok, again for you in short ^^

-We all died except from cleric
    -She ressed everyone
    -lvl 97 cleric joined squad
    -I told lvl 49 thx, but I wait (relog #1)
    -Some others attacked mobs or Khewy again, but with no concept and no high cleric there
    -They died again, I was still dead
    - lvl 49 ressed all again
    - I told her the second time I wanna wait (relog #2)
    - Login: cleric lvl 97 arrives, buffs everyone, they attack Khewy
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm level 93 and I dont even really bother to get a res unless a cleric is in the immediate area, I just go to town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kibiki - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Considering what you said, maybe you were replaced...? :P

Nope. There were only 5 people nearby.
This discussion has been closed.