Cashshopping: Required?

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    this is incredibly wrong. money making is time consuming, and incredibly difficult to do. these peopel keep saying 'buy and resell' over and over, but where on earth are you supposed to start if you have no money to begin with. you cant do anything they recommend if you have no money to begin with.

You can start by taking 10 minutes to farm some mats... sell them. Then buy them for slightly more than the competitors are, then sell them for slightly less.

It doesn't take long to build up some money with nothing. You just have to be willing to put a little effort into it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol that's only in the cold season, but what about the hot summers. I live in southern U.S., and we have no air conditioner. Running the computer is like hell for me because it gives off so much heat.
    That's true. It does only work that way when it's cold.

Now I'm curious. I wonder how much I pay extra during the summer to run my PoS cat-shop (the main stays on all the time for other reasons anyway)? It says it consumes 45 watts, which would work out to about 1 KwH per day, which I think I pay 8 cents for.

The average merchant income is about 3.5 million per day, which is roughly 10 Gold. So that means I'm paying 0.8 cents per Gold. Interesting...
    However, when you ask them how they got it they will answer this: merchanting
    Never knew how merchanting works but it sounds really interesting to me if you can make 600m without cashshopping.

Feel free to pm me if you want to teach me some merchantingb:laugh
    Or I could just post it on the forums again.

I went from ~3 million to ~25 million thanks to the Battle Pet Pack sale about 8 months ago. I'd buy Gold, convert them to SoF/Feathers, and sell them for 5% profit again and again.

Jolly Jones then took me to about ~40 million, same method as above.

When Anniversary Packs came out I bought Tokens, made Oracles, and sold them for about 8% profit. That took me up to ~200 million, due to the fact they kept coming back again and again and again.

I then invested all my money on Anniversary Packs before they left, then sold them for 50% markup a week later, taking me to ~300 million. I did the same thing with the first round of Coral Packs, but only made about 35% profit, taking me to ~400 million.

The second round of Coral took me to about ~450 million, just buying and selling, same as Battle Packs/Jolly Jones/Ann Packs.

Then Tiger Packs arrived and I was one of the first to liquidate my Coral and make an absolute killing buying and selling, same as Battle Packs/Jolly Jones/Packs. Profit were a staggering 15-20 million per day for the first few days. That brings me to my current total of ~660 million.

Compounding interest, ftw...
    And few merchants. (i.e few competition)

In other words, suggestion, by definition, cannot apply/work for everyone. b:bye

But you see that's the whole point. They know that not everyone will do it, they very depend on that. Unlike a productive activity, merchanting adds nothing to the game. If everyone merchanted, nothing would get done at all. If everyone was productive, on the other hand, stuff would indeed get done. "Leecher" could be a good term.
    You're right, if everybody did it it wouldn't work. But the facts are that very few are actually doing it, even though everybody knows about it. In most cases people talk themselves out of trying.

For example, I have 1 major competitor and 2 minor competitors, and we're splitting a market that tends to be worth about 50 million per day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And few merchants. (i.e few competition)

In other words, suggestion, by definition, cannot apply/work for everyone. b:bye

But you see that's the whole point. They know that not everyone will do it, they very depend on that. Unlike a productive activity, merchanting adds nothing to the game. If everyone merchanted, nothing would get done at all. If everyone was productive, on the other hand, stuff would indeed get done. "Leecher" could be a good term.

THIS^^
    100% Agree
    edited May 2010
    You're right, if everybody did it it wouldn't work. But the facts are that very few are actually doing it, even though everybody knows about it. In most cases people talk themselves out of trying.

I don't completely agree with that. There are far too many items and too many people selling stuff that even though I merchant 24/7, I always check catshops when I can and purchase stuff. More people selling junk = more junk for people to buy. Ever gone to a flea market or browse ebay?

Most merchanters will also have more money, so they're also more likely to purchase things other people wouldn't. If I need something that several shops are selling, I look for the competitive price unless I see something that I already know or think is reasonable and buy it. Example, I can't be bothered to look at every shop when I want to buy tokens, so I look at vendor prices, then check their cat shops, if I find something close to what I'm willing to pay I'll just pay it and get it over with.

Sometimes I don't care if I pay a little more, I like to have the convenience. And TY to all the merchanters selling Crazy Stones. I really hate combining them and I love giving you my extra coin so you can do it for me. <3

It works both ways really.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    this is incredibly wrong. money making is time consuming, and incredibly difficult to do. these peopel keep saying 'buy and resell' over and over, but where on earth are you supposed to start if you have no money to begin with. you cant do anything they recommend if you have no money to begin with.
    I've already answered this one on the forums many times as well.

Play for 4 hours -> Buy Honey Juice -> Sell for 5k at Hidden Heroes -> Repeat Buy/Sell Honey Juice x2 -> Buy/Sell Perfect Stones -OR- Buy/Sell Packs

I just did this exact same sequence with a low-level alt on Lost City. It's taken about 1 1/2 month and he's got 25 million.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited May 2010
    I've already answered this one on the forums many times as well.

Play for 4 hours -> Buy Honey Juice -> Sell for 5k at Hidden Heroes -> Repeat Buy/Sell Honey Juice x2 -> Buy/Sell Perfect Stones -OR- Buy/Sell Packs

I just did this exact same sequence with a low-level alt on Lost City. It's taken about 1 1/2 month and he's got 25 million.

There are also different quest herbs, part of the tideborn chain selling golden herb.. you need to turn it in by DWP. You can sell it there for a nice profit I'm sure. Also for the venomancer quest chains there is a mob you need to tame... you can tame those pets and sell them at that quest spot for 20-30k I did that when I first moved to harshlands, it was in my particular quest area, and it made me a couple of mil in a week or so, until I got tired of going back there to catch/sell more eggs. Then when I got higher, I did my mid-mat route, made a ton of money there selling subs. I never reinvested there, just used the money to buy stuff I wanted.

It's really just too easy. Apparently people on the forums are just not capable of seeing a way to earn coin other than grinding for DQ. It just amazes me.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm honest, I did cashshop a few times when the charm packs were in the boutique. I just buy 1 pack and I'll have enough to last me a long long time. Oh and when the hallu mists came out o.o I just had to have them xD

Other than that:
    - I farm in heaven/hell. I farm everything; herbs&mats. Mats I save for BHs and guildies that reach 89. Herbs I use for my own apoc items and sale.
    - I did do high mat runs for hours in a row, earning me about 300 of each high mat in about 2-3h; I had a very good mat run.
    - I buy low sell high.
    - I do a lot of TT runs with only 2 other people in squad (my best ingame friend and my hubby), thus more mats for everyone per run. (and gold mat splits are b:dirty then)
    - I try to make good LP genies
    - Wining 'good instances' with a 'my drop policy', often earning back the mat costs twice if not more :3
    - I leave a catshop on whenever I can; not during the night though. Just whenever I can set up my laptop for it during the day.

So no, for my playing style and ingame income I don't -need- the cashshop.
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have done both cashshopping and grinding. The only real difference I have noticed is that cashshopping is for when you want it now. A large portion of pure cashshopped characters wind up quitting before the people who work for their things imo
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's really just too easy. Apparently people on the forums are just not capable of seeing a way to earn coin other than grinding for DQ. It just amazes me.

/endthread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Excuses. That is the reason people fail as merchants.

People are not being some sort of moral hero by refusing to shop for the best prices by buying Gold for themselves. They're just being stubborn and finding a way to rationalize it.

9/10th of the time the excuses that cause people to fail at merchanting are something like, "I refuse to pay X (or sell for Y) because I hate it that somebody else is getting MY money!" So basically, they refuse to adjust their prices because of their own jealousy and/or greed, but they then try to tell themselves it's actually because they're a morally superior person and they're trying to teach all the naughty people who have "bad" prices a lesson by insisting on only paying "good" prices.

You ever so misunderstood my post. WHY would I want to contribute to an activity that made my gaming experience harder. To make it harder for other people?

**** that!

Excuse me for caring about other people. I wasn't aware that that is a bad thing.

I'm not trying to be morally superior, but I do have my morals. I have no issue with someone else getting my money if "I need" the item. But I am NOT going to buy gold when it's "low" (note sarcasm here, it's never low) and then turn around and sell it for a higher price when packs come out. That's called "taking advantage of people" and I don't do that. I don't care if every single player on every single server does it... I AM NOT!
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
    edited May 2010
    Who would wanna leave his or her computer on 24/7? It's bad for the computer. I don't care about merchanting at all. b:bye You say it takes 20 mins per day well think again nub.

Leaving the computer on 24/7 isn't harmful... unless you are energy conscious. It's leaving it on with PWI running that's harmful. At least on mine. I have an older pc and pwi uses a LOT of resources to run. I can't even use my browser when it's running. :-s
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    edited May 2010
    This is not a game it's an MMO. It's more of a hobby than a game. There is no score, no difficulty selection, no brilliant cut-scene at the end and there is no 'Game Over' message. There are a lot of little games inside this MMO, but it has far more traits of a hobby.

You are supposed to grind, work hard, set goals and achieve them and they're not supposed to be easy. If you want instant gratification, go play Halo, Poke-e-Mon or some other online flash-game. You'll feel more satisfied.

It took me over 6 months to hit lvl 70. And you know what, this was a better game before with slow leveling and hard grinding than it is now with exp and drop giveaways.

It's far more damaging to your computer turning it on and off a few times a day than it is leaving it on the whole time.

MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role PLAYING GAME!

Nuff said... carry on!
    edited May 2010
    MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role PLAYING GAME!

Nuff said... carry on!

Well thank you for glossing over that in the most simplistic fashion you can, because I think that's about as much complexity as you can handle.

b:bye
    edited May 2010
    Well thank you for glossing over that in the most simplistic fashion you can, because I think that's about as much complexity as you can handle.

b:bye

You have no idea how much complexity I can handle. >_> Probably much, MUCH more than you, but I won't go there.

I was just pointing out that these kind of games are just that... games.

GAMING is a hobby.
    edited May 2010
    You have no idea how much complexity I can handle. >_> Probably much, MUCH more than you, but I won't go there.

I was just pointing out that these kind of games are just that... games.

GAMING is a hobby.

A game is a recreational activity, it doesn't necessarily have to be a hobby. Perhaps you should look up the words 'game' and 'hobby' so you get a better understanding of what common words in the English language actually mean.

From reading your posts, no, I don't think you do have much more depth. Your sig, "I look like a Barbie" explains it all, really.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    From reading your posts, no, I don't think you do have much more depth. Your sig, "I look like a Barbie" explains it all, really.

b:chuckle You said what I was thinking b:victory
    >.<
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh dear. "Leecher," "unproductive," and "adds nothing to the game" you say? How about this. Try living life without any merchants. No department stores, no supermarkets, no car dealers, no utility companies, no gas stations, and on and on and on. You have to grow all your food yourself. You have to build your car yourself from scratch (including mining and refining the metals). You have to build your own water wheel or windmill or provide power, build the generator to convert it to electricity. And you have to maintain all this equipment yourself. You have to dig your own wells (both water and oil). You have to refine your own raw petroleum into gasoline and diesel.

The whole reason economics and trade exists is because it is inefficient for every person to have to do every one of these tasks. It is much more efficient for each person to specialize at one task, overproduce, then trade their excess for other goods and services other people have made by specializing in their trade and overproducing.

But it isn't as efficient as it could be. Everyone actually has to specialize in two things - doing their one task, and marketing the products they make from that task. The farmer has to spend part of his time farming, and part of his time selling his produce at the farmer's market. This too is an inefficiency. The farmer would be better off spending all of his time farming.

In steps the merchant. His task, his contribution to this trade economy, is the role of buying and selling goods. He frees up other people from having to learn two tasks (their chosen profession and merchanting), thus providing a valuable service to society. His profit margin, assuming adequate competition, is proportional to the value his service adds to society. If there are lots of merchants and they contribute little (say, in a city where people can easily trade with each other), then they make little profit. If there are few merchants and they contribute a lot (say, a rural area where there's a lot of transportation and inventory required to adequately meet demand), then they make a lot of profit. They profit in proportion to how much they improve the efficiency of the trade system.

If they were truly leechers as you seem to think, the solution is really simple. You don't have to buy from them, you don't have to sell to them. You can set up your own cat shop and buy/sell the items you want/wish to get rid of by yourself. But if you "can't be bothered" to do that or "it takes too much time and effort to learn the market", well then you've just validated that merchants are contributing to the economy and are not leeches.
    You ever so misunderstood my post. WHY would I want to contribute to an activity that made my gaming experience harder. To make it harder for other people?

**** that!

Excuse me for caring about other people. I wasn't aware that that is a bad thing.

I'm not trying to be morally superior, but I do have my morals. I have no issue with someone else getting my money if "I need" the item. But I am NOT going to buy gold when it's "low" (note sarcasm here, it's never low) and then turn around and sell it for a higher price when packs come out. That's called "taking advantage of people" and I don't do that. I don't care if every single player on every single server does it... I AM NOT!
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of economics. Buying a resource when/where there is plenty and demand is low, and selling it when/where demand is high and it's in short supply helps others.

Buying and selling gold as in your example doesn't change the average price of gold over time. All it does is raise the price when there are no packs, and lower the price when there are packs. The net effect is zero. It just reduces the amount of the price swing.

The "taking advantage of other people" mindset comes from the mistaken belief that economics is a zero sum game. That if someone makes money, someone else has to lose money. Take any basic course in economics and one of the first things you'll learn is how wrong that is.

In your example, the price swing is what hurts people. Stability in gold prices offers great value in that people can make buying/selling decisions with less risk, with less effort to learn the true market price of gold. By buying gold when it is low and selling it when it is high, the reseller is absorbing a large portion of that risk and providing the market with more stable gold prices. The assumption of that risk is what allows you to profit - the market rewards you for taking the risk upon yourself. Usually. Sometimes you lose money because, well, it's risky.

You may care about people, but your misunderstanding of economics is causing you to hurt them, not help. And it's causing you to criticize the people who are helping them. I used to run a cat shop buying bank expansion DQ items in Silver Pool, and selling them in Archo. Do you know what happened when I moved on to other things and shut those cat shops down? Without me to compete with the other shops, the average price people got for selling their DQs to shops in Silver Pool went down. And the average price people paid for buying DQs from shops in Archo went up. The absence of my shops hurt other players, and by corollary the presence of my shops helped them.
    edited May 2010
    A game is a recreational activity, it doesn't necessarily have to be a hobby. Perhaps you should look up the words 'game' and 'hobby' so you get a better understanding of what common words in the English language actually mean.

There, you just said it. MMO's are recreational activities just like all the other kinds of games out there. Some games are learning experiences, some are test your strategy skills, some test your eye/hand coordination, and so on. There are many types of games. But they are all, in the end, just games.

GAMING is a hobby.

If you are using pwi or any other mmo as anything other than recreation/entertainment, then you may need to step back from your pc and re-evaluate the difference between real life and games.
    edited May 2010
    There, you just said it. MMO's are recreational activities just like all the other kinds of games out there. Some games are learning experiences, some are test your strategy skills, some test your eye/hand coordination, and so on. There are many types of games. But they are all, in the end, just games.

GAMING is a hobby.

If you are using pwi or any other mmo as anything other than recreation/entertainment, then you may need to step back from your pc and re-evaluate the difference between real life and games.

Ok I'll boil this down to make it as simple as I can for you, since it's quite apparent that you don't understand any of the arguments or ideas presented to you and you just completely ignore everything valid except for your own failing arguments which you take as fact, even though you're consistently wrong.

I'll have to explain my statements that you obviously failed to grasp using simple words and sentences, so I'll break it down to you and explain my initial post to you in hopes that you may understand.

A game is a recreational activity. A hobby is something that you devote a considerable amount of free time, resources and usually money to participate in. Playing an occasional game of chess, your friend's xbox or even scuba diving once or twice does not mean you participate in that activity as a hobby.

I never said that gaming wasn't a hobby. Gaming in the most basic usage we are using here is most definitely a hobby. Particular games either do or do not resemble a hobby in themselves. Can you grasp this much?

Ok, lets move this one step further....

An MMO requires you to put quite a good bit of time to progress. There is no real beginning, middle or end. A game typically has a beginning and end, and sometimes a score. A game can either be won or lost. You do not win or lose in an MMO. In Perfect World there are many little games inside like the Cube, City of Abominations, Twilight Temple, Lunar Glade, Frost, etc... They all have a beginning and end. They are games, you either win or lose.

An MMO has many game like elements as well as games inside of it, but in itself is nothing but a virtual chat program wiht games you can participate in. If all you do in an MMO is sit and chat with other people all day actually a game? Not if that's what that person chooses to do.

Yes, an MMO is a game, but it's much more hobby-like than a FPS which you don't actually need to spend considerable time or effort to enjoy. Just because you play a game does not make it a hobby.

I'm fully aware this will go in one ear and out the other without any resistance as I've already read many of your previous posts.
    edited May 2010
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of economics. Buying a resource when/where there is plenty and demand is low, and selling it when/where demand is high and it's in short supply helps others.

Buying and selling gold as in your example doesn't change the average price of gold over time. All it does is raise the price when there are no packs, and lower the price when there are packs. The net effect is zero. It just reduces the amount of the price swing.

The "taking advantage of other people" mindset comes from the mistaken belief that economics is a zero sum game. That if someone makes money, someone else has to lose money. Take any basic course in economics and one of the first things you'll learn is how wrong that is.

In your example, the price swing is what hurts people. Stability in gold prices offers great value in that people can make buying/selling decisions with less risk, with less effort to learn the true market price of gold. By buying gold when it is low and selling it when it is high, the reseller is absorbing a large portion of that risk and providing the market with more stable gold prices. The assumption of that risk is what allows you to profit - the market rewards you for taking the risk upon yourself. Usually. Sometimes you lose money because, well, it's risky.

You may care about people, but your misunderstanding of economics is causing you to hurt them, not help. And it's causing you to criticize the people who are helping them. I used to run a cat shop buying bank expansion DQ items in Silver Pool, and selling them in Archo. Do you know what happened when I moved on to other things and shut those cat shops down? Without me to compete with the other shops, the average price people got for selling their DQs to shops in Silver Pool went down. And the average price people paid for buying DQs in shops in Archo went up. The absence of my shops hurt other players, and by corollary the presence of my shops helped them.

I have an average understanding of economics and how retailing and merchanting works.

If buying gold "low" and selling it "high" later is "helping" people, then I think it's time to quit the game. It only helps the person I bought the gold from, not the person I sell to. It's taking advantage of people who want whatever it is on sale in the cash shop but can't afford to buy Zen. People like myself. Why would I do that? It's hypocrisy. I have several million in coins. Lot's of hard grinding and selling of equipment and rare pets. I'm still not going to do what you all suggest. Forget it!

And so, you single-handedly effected prices because you removed your cat shops? >_>
    Can we say "narcissism"?
    edited May 2010

Just taking a step back to respond to this.
    How does that statement "say it all'?

I used to have an expansive Barbie collection. No, I am not a kid, I am probably old enough to be your mother (not that I would want to be). It was a HOBBY. After I created my character and then later used a makeover scroll, she does, in fact, look like a barbie doll.

There's my explanation for that... not that I was required to give it. I think you're just finding things to be critical about.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People stay on topic pleaseeee, im trying to learn from ur replies of how to make money without csing, since most money I ever had is 45m... which was pure 3-2 and 3-3 farming on my veno.

And seriously...why do u people argue wether its a hobby or not....who caresb:surrender
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I know right? Someone's never visted the Harshlands I see.

If you're in a PvP server, you better have a wallet. You will be beaten down quite ruthlessly by rich people, if you are not equally rich. (Want an example? Kylin and Zulu baby...that's all you NEED to know.)
    Some people just don't know what a PvP server is...and they make a high level character on that server, and when they hit 30 they're like....

GOD THIS SUCKS!!! D:>

They say ignorance is deadly....for PvP servers....totally.....true. (I just hate when people PK you, you comment on them for being a jerk and they say: "G0 to @ CAreb3ar Sever, n00b. lolololololol."
    How about I carebear YOU in the server, ya jerk?)

Buy low won't work if EVERYBODY is selling high...which, especially in my server, people are doing....a lot.

Grinding won't be so effective once that 20% drop is input. I'm trying to hoard as much DQ items as I can before they all go down...I don't know what's going to happen to all the NOT 60+ people once that law's set down.

But it's free to download, free to play, and (RARELY) free to win. It all depends if you can outsmart or outgun the people who don't REALLY work for their junk.

If you don't "pk" you need to move along to a PVE server. When you hit 30 they are going to chew you up, spit you out, chew you up again then swallow you.

I quoted this because the poster stated that grinding won't be effective with the 20% dq drop. Might I remind you that its hard to grind when you got ppl walking around smashing your face in because you are on a PK SERVER? When it takes you 2 hours to do one quest and kill 30 mobs b/c the others get such enjoyment out of watching you die.. come back and let me know about not planning on whining about it :)..

If you like substandard gears, and taking much longer to quest, and lvl; then being on a PvP server just grinding it out is for you.
    To the OP: As stated previously in this thread, you don't have to CS at all. Everything can be obtained with hard work and perseverance. 95% of everything I own in PWI I've worked for. The other 5% I've CS'd, with small amounts of cash I get here and there. I don't CS like a crazy person, and I believe that hard work can get you anything. You just gotta find the right way to get there really.

You can say this because you aren't on a PvP server!
    It's a GAME, NOT a job!!! >_>

Games are for leisure, jobs are 8 hours a day.

Games don't pay people (unless they work for the company that runs them). JOBS pay people. So, a job gets dedication... a game gets spare time.

I expect a game to entertain me, not aggravate me or require ungodly amounts of my time to get anywhere.

You might want to look into getting a life.
    Sorry to sound crude, but geeze!

I agree with tis post actually... games are for entertainment. If people aren't entertained then they won't play. The difference is.. what some people consider work, others consider fun.

EX: Much like a person who has no kids and loves kids might want to run a daycare and find it fun. A person who has six kids at home of their own probably will find this to be a JOB and not fun at all.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    People stay on topic pleaseeee, im trying to learn from ur replies of how to make money without csing, since most money I ever had is 45m... which was pure 3-2 and 3-3 farming on my veno.

and you think that's not much?! sorry, but that is a lot for most ppl ;) I've never gone over 30mil b:surrender and that's all TT runs too and buy low/sell high.
    Demon Archer skills suck my money away as soon as I get it b:sad
    >.<
    edited May 2010
    I used to have an expansive Barbie collection. No, I am not a kid, I am probably old enough to be your mother (not that I would want to be). It was a HOBBY. After I created my character and then later used a makeover scroll, she does, in fact, look like a barbie doll.

I see you've completely miss the point of yet another poster.

So you're a collector. You find a rare barbie on ebay the seller has a BIN of $45 and it would normally run $200? What do you do? Do you let someone else rip him off, or do you buy it yourself. Would you send him the difference and pay him more than you won the auction for?

And lets say you were to later sell it, what would you ask for such an item, it's full value, or would you sell it to someone else for the same price you paid for it?

You go to an antique store a month later and see it sitting there for $5. What do you do?
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010

So you're a collector. You find a rare barbie on ebay the seller has a BIN of $45 and it would normally run $200? What do you do? Do you let someone else rip him off, or do you buy it yourself. Would you send him the difference and pay him more than you won the auction for?

And lets say you were to later sell it, what would you ask for such an item, it's full value, or would you sell it to someone else for the same price you paid for it?

You go to an antique store a month later and see it sitting there for $5. What do you do?

That depends. If said person is my friend or a person I favor, I sell to them for what I got it for. I just gave someone I know a fashion that I got for 2.5 mil that would have sold for 6 mil immediately.

You however; I'd rip off. Many reasons for that but.. number 1 I don't know you. So its ok for me to make my money from you.

Some people would rip off their own mother to make a coin... it just depends on ppl and their own personal morale.

I know this wasn't directed at me but there are like 4 of you attacking punkin... its easy to be all grouchy and mean when there is a gang. At this point I agree... some of you are just finding reason to be critical and try and knock her down.

Not that you need it but a life lesson:::

"You should never look DOWN on someone unless you are bending over to pick them up"
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Dont forget that the 45m i made from 3-2 and 3-3 were more than 50 hours of farming...
    merchanting might be more than months but atleast it requires no effort, since all is done in afk catshop mode(from what i read)
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
    edited May 2010

GAME CAN BE HOBBY PERIOD. Your explanations are dull, so get over it. I can totally sense your sarcasm when you called her a barbie. Why do you have to "dis" someone for having good morals or someone who actually cares about people. You sir have no heart, so act like a egotistical person you are I don't care. I am obviously on her side in this one. b:bye
    edited May 2010

And lets say you were to later sell it, what would you ask for such an item, it's full value, or would you sell it to someone else for the same price you paid for it, permitting that you actually sent more money than you were required to?

I never bought used dolls. All my dolls came from retail outlets. Limited edition dolls over many years. The collection was destroyed during tropical storm allison back in 2001. I did not ever "deal" in collectible dolls. I just collected them. I don't use E-Bay for anything. Nothing about this game coincides with my real life.

You'll need to come up with a better example.
    edited May 2010
    I never bought used dolls. All my dolls came from retail outlets. Limited edition dolls over many years. The collection was destroyed during tropical storm allison back in 2001. I did not ever "deal" in collectible dolls. I just collected them. I don't use E-Bay for anything. Nothing about this game coincides with my real life.

You'll need to come up with a better example.

If I were you I would ignore him because his sig says it all trust me. >.>