Comments

• Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    glad we can keep the weekend warriors happy b:laugh
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sgt hit the nail on the head, its cause she can't pull a cat. I almost died laughing in my first TE war when this veno with a nix on her head came running at me with a cat strapped to her.... ars. b:chuckle

Not guilty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ye... il never understand why the tw orientated people in Belial n TE dont join Caeser, rad, tao or enrage...

would give rise to more tw facs who actually stand a chance at holding land. cus seriously, the difference in the top 3 tw facs (enrage>tao>rad) and the other contenders is so great that they'll never own land again for more than a week at this rate >.<

Don't get it wrong, but when alot of ppl are complaining the map is dominated by 2-3 TW factions, wouldn't this idea just make it worse?
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I will also say why. In my mind, members in Enrage, Tao and Rad do not join any other faction that bids on land's because they do not see those other factions as 'TW factions' in the first place.

That is true but sadly you also have the other side of the coin which is the biggest downside to other guilds growing.
    That is some people dont want to put the work and effort in to help build up a Faction like TE, Belial etc. So at the first chance they jump ship to one of the top 3 .

Putting that aside though Tao, Enrage and Rad is at the most only 600 players. Im sure HT has enough high levels who if they worked together, put aside they arguements and sense of independance could add 2 or 3 more colours to the map.
    Why that doesnt happen I dont know, maybe it's because its a PvE server and most people are just not interested in TW *shrugs*
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ye asmodiel, i meant its pointless for them to not join the main tw facs as they will never own land doing what they are doing atm

best thing would be for them to establsh their own tw faction with the tw orientated people. it will never happen tho.

otherwise, they might as well join the top 3
    edited April 2010
    ye asmodiel, i meant its pointless for them to not join the main tw facs as they will never own land doing what they are doing atm

best thing would be for them to establsh their own tw faction with the tw orientated people. it will never happen tho.

otherwise, they might as well join the top 3

this would be true for the people who really want to hardcore tw, ive got no problem with those people; i myself often wish i could be really good at it sometimes.

but i think i can safely safe that those of us in TE that do TW, it is because we enjoy it and its a great bit of fun, i mean call me sad xD but its actually a good highlight of the week for me on pwi, i look forwards to it.

If we win a TW and get some land then hell we will be hyped about it, that dosent say we dont aim to win every time we do a TW, but its not a priority for us to win land; its simply an extra event for some of us to participate in
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thats the thing, good TW players would only go in guilds that do TW mandatory, for me that is most effort. Caesar - Synesis - TE and Belial are PvE factions with some members doing TW for fun i think.

If you want to tw every week and try to win and not get laughed upon - why go in factions where TW isnt mandatory and where inactives and dead players have their spot.
    In some faction that want to get on map with fun TW's - leadership plays other games and alts. And if someone wants to help things get more serious they get ignored-booted. Not to say leadership changes in such factions are just never going to happen without merger's.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
    edited April 2010
    Thats the thing, good TW players would only go in guilds that do TW mandatory, for me that is most effort. Caesar - Synesis - TE and Belial are PvE factions with some members doing TW for fun i think.

we have a lot of good TW players; a lot of people know that, but the difference between us (being TE and i guess i stand for the other TW'ing factions not on the map) and Tao/Enrage is that we don't stress over a loss of a win in TW, basically we play the game for what it was ment.. fun, we don't take it seriously like the land owning factions.

we tw to try and win, but aslong as we kill a few people and cause some havok then we had a bloody good time XD

so yes you can say we do it for fun and be right to say so, but i think guilds such as Tao and Enrage take it too far and kill the fun, that is MY opinion; respect it if you wish to criticize
    edited April 2010
    o.o i respect that and have alot of friends in those factions, this is not about respect imo, we kinda started the chain of these replies when garrand asked why dont they merge and bid. Answer is that the they arent TW Mandatory so the goal is not to win.
    Fortune favors the brave

edited April 2010
    o.o i respect that and have alot of friends in those factions, this is not about respect imo, we kinda started the chain of these replies when garrand asked why dont they merge and bid. Answer is that the they arent TW Mandatory so the goal is not to win.

we wont merge because merging is "usually" fail

every guild has its family, putting 2 of those family's together usually ends up in tears.

so the short answer is we dont want to merge because we don't want to upset an already nice guild
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    mergers always fail.

the main point i was making was why don't the tw orientated people in those strong PvE factions make their own?

but yes i see ur point cruz. i know a fair few in belial who like to tw but it is more of a know n again thing they do to experience it etc. i was the same as them from 70-85 or so.

the funnest tws iv had tho were once i joined a tw focused faction however. the tws in enlighten were great but they just dont compare to a 3 hour war 80 vs 80 :D
    edited April 2010
    the main point i was making was why don't the tw orientated people in those strong PvE factions make their own?

because being along side there mates and tw'ing with them is as much fun as they need from the game =p
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Technically, this was done by Vivi and MsEvilness (credits go to anyone else that was involved). They rose TheEmpire back from the land of the dead factions. Now they TW actively. But I know for a fact Missy only goes on to bid for TW & TW on the certain day if the bid won. She doesn't care enough for the game to be "serious" about it, which is the category I am slowly falling under.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
    edited April 2010
    She doesn't care enough for the game to be "serious" about it, which is the category I am slowly falling under.

i think we can all agree this game is getting pretty sh*t

i only play because im addicted =<
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think we can all agree this game is getting pretty sh*t

i only play because im addicted =<

aw c'mon and the horn thing that invades every chat and is unable to turn off is soo fun o.o /sarcasm
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    aw c'mon and the horn thing that invades every chat and is unable to turn off is soo fun o.o /sarcasm

Another flaw of the game stated. It'll be fixed hopefully, just like all the other problems that had risen in the game. Which is basically why when I do log on into the game, I wouldn't be on for more than 10 minutes before thinking it's a chore and logging off.

I should join TE like Missy told me to a while back. b:chuckle
    I call it how I see it.
    edited April 2010
    mergers always fail.

I would like to see some example here pls, as strongest guilds on map came out of merger's since HT server opened.

Old Radiance and Enrage merged alot of guilds in to begin with. Tao merged Rad+Evolution+Triad and now + Caesar, Caesar merged Assault, Old Triad merged Legion/TE+Triad and few other guilds. Even recent power changes on map were done by large group of players from different factions going to 1 in numbers of 10-20+ active TW player's. There were splits alos, but fact that guilds that merged most ppl are still on map means mergers dont fail imo. Mergers are the best thing that can happen to guilds imo - new friends new ideas more fun etc.

But this only works for TW factions - not for PvE one's that currently bid on map and dont have mandatory TW.
    Fortune favors the brave

edited April 2010
    I would like to see some example here pls, as strongest guilds on map came out of merger's since HT server opened.

Old Radiance and Enrage merged alot of guilds in to begin with. Tao merged Rad+Evolution+Triad and now + Caesar, Caesar merged Assault, Old Triad merged Legion/TE+Triad and few other guilds. Even recent power changes on map were done by large group of players from different factions going to 1 in numbers of 10-20+ active TW player's. There were splits alos, but fact that guilds that merged most ppl are still on map means mergers dont fail imo. Mergers are the best thing that can happen to guilds imo - new friends new ideas more fun etc.

But this only works for TW factions - not for PvE one's that currently bid on map and dont have mandatory TW.

Note: I could be totally wrong on this since my memory is a bit fuzzy here but first off, let's get the definition of merger straight. A merger is basically when two separate entities (in this case guilds) become one. Which basically means EVERYONE from both of the guilds enter into one guild. Now that we got the word merger defined, let's go about a little history lesson of Heaven's Tear:

Old Radiance (back when Charity was leader) did not merge with other factions. If you're talking about the Radiance + Elysium "merge", that was after there was a new leadership (Rawthorne).

Old Enrage from memory had spawned during the chaotic times of Radiance and dissatisfaction of the way things were done. Enrage was made by RoC players that stayed in the game and also people from Old Radiance who came together for a common purpose, to have fun. But please note, not everyone from Old Radiance had gone to Enrage. Some stayed in Radiance and others just went their different places.

Old Tao had spawned also during chaotic times of Radiance and also due to leadership conflicts. They were made of Radiance and recruited others whom wanted to TW on a weekly basis in a "serious" manner. Old Tao had recruited and asked for mergers such as the one with [guild name which I cannot remember], but that was mainly only accepting their higher leveled players and not everyone. So you can't really call that a merger.

If you haven't noticed, Radiance merger with Elysium kind of failed with rumor (and later confirmation) of a certain Director, who led the Radiance-Elysium merge, taking the faction charms for their own and leaving the faction shortly after.

Also to note, Tao did not "merge" Radiance/Triad/Evolution/Salad. They accepted the applications of SOME of the past members of those factions into their own. This cannot and should not be considered a merge. If this were to be called a merge, every guild in all of PWi has merges.
    I call it how I see it.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    here we go, another monof history lesson full of made up "facts"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sacred is correct here. I remember in Ultra we had people everywhere who wanted to "merge" with us when we were rebuilding. We did have one merger from a PvE faction to join us in a PvP faction. It went okay. But did cause many issues within the faction. I do not suggest a merger. And most people wont because they want to maintain their factions name. You don't make a faction to let a level 1 hold it and put all your people under someone elses leadership. Causes resentment.

...well most of us don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mm sacred, not sure what you mean with taos "merges" getting just high players? such didnt happen :P lets take example of triad. some of its players came in after it kinda blew up, partly thanks to mainly edya persuading, and then asking friends along, but that wasn't a merge with triad. Also, rome or belial, whichever it was then, wanted to merge with tao (even though Rofocal wanted to make it look like tao wanted it for some reason). Might be that the closest to merge was what happened with evo, but that just showed evo was somewhat close knit, that so many of them decided to come to tao.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Note: I could be totally wrong on this since my memory is a bit fuzzy here but first off, let's get the definition of merger straight. A merger is basically when two separate entities (in this case guilds) become one. Which basically means EVERYONE from both of the guilds enter into one guild. Now that we got the word merger defined, let's go about a little history lesson of Heaven's Tear:

Old Radiance (back when Charity was leader) did not merge with other factions. If you're talking about the Radiance + Elysium "merge", that was after there was a new leadership (Rawthorne).

Old Enrage from memory had spawned during the chaotic times of Radiance and dissatisfaction of the way things were done. Enrage was made by RoC players that stayed in the game and also people from Old Radiance who came together for a common purpose, to have fun. But please note, not everyone from Old Radiance had gone to Enrage. Some stayed in Radiance and others just went their different places.

Old Tao had spawned also during chaotic times of Radiance and also due to leadership conflicts. They were made of Radiance and recruited others whom wanted to TW on a weekly basis in a "serious" manner. Old Tao had recruited and asked for mergers such as the one with [guild name which I cannot remember], but that was mainly only accepting their higher leveled players and not everyone. So you can't really call that a merger.

If you haven't noticed, Radiance merger with Elysium kind of failed with rumor (and later confirmation) of a certain Director, who led the Radiance-Elysium merge, taking the faction charms for their own and leaving the faction shortly after.

Also to note, Tao did not "merge" Radiance/Triad/Evolution/Salad. They accepted the applications of SOME of the past members of those factions into their own. This cannot and should not be considered a merge. If this were to be called a merge, every guild in all of PWi has merges.

Failed? A couple people leaving is not a failed merger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Failed? A couple people leaving is not a failed merger

Pressa, it makes me laugh how you're the only one who quoted my entire post. First note, I had said "kind of failed". Kind of. What does that mean? Slightly. I didn't say it failed as a whole. I said it slightly did. A couple leaving are the ones who initiated it and attempted to make it work. And I believe it's safe to say, if there was no such merger, Radiance would have never lost those said charms. Nevermind, I can't say that, someone else who was untrustworthy may have done it. Also, there have been many who have left Radiance over time. It's now not what it used to be when I had joined back in the day. Hell, I see Radiance faction tag sometimes when I actually do log into the game and I don't recognize a single name.

@thehate: That is just what I heard from someone (I forgot who) that was from the faction (forgot name) that later joined Memories when it was still active. The person from my memory was a lower leveled who did want to TW, but was not accepted into Tao when there was this "merge". I could totally be wrong since I got the information off someone and I wasn't in that faction myself. But since you were from Old Tao, you should know more details of such. Like I said, in my note before I started to write that post, "I could be totally wrong".
    I call it how I see it.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @thehate: That is just what I heard from someone (I forgot who) that was from the faction (forgot name) that later joined Memories when it was still active. The person from my memory was a lower leveled who did want to TW, but was not accepted into Tao when there was this "merge". I could totally be wrong since I got the information off someone and I wasn't in that faction myself. But since you were from Old Tao, you should know more details of such. Like I said, in my note before I started to write that post, "I could be totally wrong".[/COLOR]

Way back when Tao had 2 or 3 lands they turned down quite a few of us from TheCore causing that merger to fail, creating some of Enrage's most loyal, reliable/experienced TW'rs.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Way back when Tao had 2 or 3 lands they turned down quite a few of us from TheCore causing that merger to fail, creating some of Enrage's most loyal, reliable/experienced TW'rs.

THAT's who the faction which I couldn't remember name of was. I knew I'd know it if I saw it. Yes, it was TheCore who had a merger with Tao but failed.
    I call it how I see it.
    edited April 2010
    here we go, another monof history lesson full of made up "facts"

I love you too <3

Now my chapter :P

I differ in what you consider a merge 'de jure'. I find it a also a merge when dozen or a groups of players move together into another guild.

Non of the mergers included all players 'de facto'. This means that there was always someone that didnt want to go. We do not see a merge the same way. Events that I described in my opinion were successful mergers of player groups into different factions. Rather easier for me to say 'merge' and explain what you feel than say - ''some players came there or left etc''.

I think even if its not everyone swiching to the other faction from the main one; Merger is often used to describe a state when one's faction players quit in large numbers leaving the old faction in ruins/or dead/crippled etc.

IMO Merger can be used to describe any group of core players (now this can vary on numbers) that leave and join together and at the same time/pace, or with the same motive into another Faction. On HT we seen it.
    In all important mergers the group had already agreed or 'were 100% sure' that all of them that applied/wanna join will get accepted - or else they would not join.

I can give example of 1 Merger that cant fit in what Sacred said about 'full merger' but it did present one by all means:
    -When Caesar merged in Assault, - we had clear list of 30+ players that will merge all-together as the Assault TW Core and friends. Assault had more than 100 members. The 30+ on the list were the high levels that wanted to come in Caesar and Merge. They presented leadership of Assault.
    That was a merger in my opinion, and we called it a merger, and it was called like that on HT.
    But it cant fit in a picture of ''EVERYONE'' comming together, it didnt include all players - but about 30+ of them.

Prior to that merge of Assault players, options where Enrage or Caesar, Tao was full. Enrage didnt want Momento and some others in the faction so Caesar was safer pick.
    Few months Later, Assault crew including Momento and about ~20 TW players agreed with Enrage Leadership/officers that all of them will get accepted. Thats a Merger IMO again. Also the person many in Enrage didnt like - got accepted after a dire need of more TW players to beat Tao for the 1st time after age's. After them joining the straw that won to Tao after months was there. Thats part of the game.

Ese also made arrangements with Marin how she will join if things go down hill in Tao with her friends all together. She was the leader, friends where officers and core TW players *COUGH* thehate lol.
    Its a known fact, and its nothing bad, tho interesting no one called that a merger then.

Even if there were separate applications made - there is always a secure 'pass' through when it comes to merger.
    Also attempt of Merge can go not as planned. When Triad players wanted to join as a Group in Caesar.
    Caesar didnt want that, they wanted to hand pick the players - so those ppl left as a group in Tao where they had a nice talk prior of them being accepted.

One Realy big merger was TE comming into Triad - but even then not all players came together, many left, some didnt join, some left to other factions, rage actions etc.
    Fortune favors the brave

• Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So what your saying is..when Ese came to Enrage with her 8~ friends, that's a merge?
    *facepalm*

It's official everyone, Tao has merged with Enrage.

See how stupid that sounds?
  • Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ahhhh no Mystic no... I'm not going to Enrage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds
    edited April 2010
    I dont think that wasa merge Mistic, I dont wanna call it that way .. was it 8? When I was in Tao they told me ~20. So maybe info not good.

But how many ex Tao players are in Enrage now just 8? In TW's I could have count more than 10-15+ in 1st 80 in some wars but didnt acctualy do that yet. Anyway I pointed
    -- ppl didnt call that a merge even tho some good players with a leader and officers left - to my mind coz Tao stayed strong.

okaj thats all from me on this topic new TW thread needs posts b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's official everyone, Tao has merged with Enrage.

We has all Tao's Bacon now! b:dirty