edited March 2010 in Tideswell (East)
So much for Integrity, Community, Honesty b:surrender b:laugh

http://imgur.com/xeIql.jpg
Post edited by swannie on

Comments

• Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I laughed. :p Not very becoming for a Cala leader, but who am I to say.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    Eris - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    rofl, Baldwinboy? Really? Some people have even more time on their hands :p
  • symph
    symph Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I laughed too, I think I will whisper this Baldwinboy. His name is so similar to the one that holds a position in Calamity. But who am I to say how you actually spell his name?
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Nice try OP. A capital 'I' in game is slightly wider than a lowercase 'l'. Easy to notice when Calamity is right under BaIdwinBoy.b:bye
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    BB owns all toons with variations of his name.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Yes, that is BaldwinBoy's char. His main does have two caps, but he owns the other too, it seems.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    BB owns all toons with variations of his name.

Really? I wasn't aware of that.

Meh, I've never met the guy so I have no opinion either way. OP seemed a bit fishy though.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    No, he doesn't own that character. Nor does he own BaIdwinBoy
  • Bodine - Dreamweaver
    Bodine - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Pwned, everyone knows BB has all the different spellings of his name as alts....just so ppl couldnt take it and rage him in game. keep trying to cover up, cya this weekend in TW b:victory b:surrender
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    No, he doesn't own that character.

Yes, he does. He just chewed the people out who he sent it to in vent.
  • symph
    edited March 2010
    Why would someone own so many variations of a name o.o I would hate to remember which alt is holding which thing in that case >.<
  • TroubleDD - Dreamweaver
    TroubleDD - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We do not know who submitted the screenshot, we did take the screenshot per request of another faction which we sent the screenshot to them. We do not claim to know that as being BB we have no idea we were sent that mail from that character whether or not it belongs to BB or not we cant say either way.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have my suspicions that this is pure fabrication by an alt of someone who doesn't want to see calamity rise up and own all the lands, and this is obviously an opportune time for someone to make the top faction look bad, and get people to leave calamity, believing what they see as true.

In other words this was done to give calamity a bad reputation, and to hurt there appearance.

Though yes it is a possibility that even baldwin could stoop as low as to mail something like this in game, I still have my doubt's he would, though I could obviously be wrong, I am not him, nor do I know anything about him.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Yes, he does. He just chewed the people out who he sent it to in vent.
    If someone made a name similar to yours and started posing as you while sending out mail like this, wouldn't you want to talk to the people in the screenshot to ask what was going on?
  • symph
    edited March 2010
    Also 3 people saying that it is common knowledge that someone owns all variations of their name isn't super convincing when they are all 3 from the same faction.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Maybe not on itself, but he uses them for his catshops too. Anyone in DW would know that.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    If someone made a name similar to yours and started posing as you while sending out mail like this, wouldn't you want to talk to the people in the screenshot to ask what was going on?

It doesn't matter to me, either way. If its him, its pretty childish. If it isn't him, its pretty childish. We can agree on that, yes?
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    It doesn't matter to me, either way. If its him, its pretty childish. If it isn't him, its pretty childish. We can agree on that, yes?
    yes we can. :3
  • saphire1960
    saphire1960 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    that is the fake BaldwinBoy that always has a Catshop up in west arch and is part of CaIamity (capital i) everyone knows about this fake BB and im guessing the OP did too as you can see in the background the picture was taken by either WebGoddess or TroubleDD.

way to try to name and shame on the forums OP.
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Name: (you will see)
  • symph
    edited March 2010
    I think if i remember correctly I've only seen one catshop that had a similar name to BB. But either way why would anyone have so many alts with such a similar name? Don't people make alts to sell stuff so that their main character's name isn't associated with the stuff they sell? And if someone went on an alt to threaten someone why would they choose the one with a name similar to their main's name?
  • baldwinboy
    baldwinboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well the time has come where I find myself posting on the PWI forums - never thought i would see tha day.

Where does one start - well clearly I can't defend myself because I have no evidence that would support my contention that I own only two Baldwin related characters - BaldwinBoy and BaldwinsDog (a level 41 barb) - yet others with also no evidence to support their claims that I own every Baldwin variant under the sun seem quite within their right to make such unsubstantiated claims propagating the initial intention of this thread - which was to discredit me and a faction im proud to serve.

Make up whatever you want, jump on the defamation bandwagon and use this thread however you deem fit to drive up hatred for Cala - I know that anyone who actually knows me not only laughs at the inference it makes toward how i conduct myself but I'n sure, like me, are saddened at others that appear to want to use is to fulfil their own agenda's at whatever cost.

BB

PS - shock horror i notice my default forum username has no capital B's at all - maybe i have just given this same group of people further ammunition - afterall I likely own all forum variants of my IGN aswell - sigh
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    Anarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    EQ is soo pathetic....

Gratz guys on showing your new low....lolz You do realize... anyone in Cala knows BB and they know that he would never do something like this, he is the point of contact for every new recruit for crying out loud....unless there is some evil BB out there (in which case I want to meet him because our BB keeps raising the bar of honorable conduct on me lolz)

Although speaking of evil twins, we do have the 'cool' AJey in Cala and evil Agay in EQ lmao so it's possible?

In anycase the worst this 'evidence' can do is give cala a bit of bad PR --which we are used too,

yay for stomping out ganks for 34+ weeks ^^ calamity FTW
    This person they make me out to be? She irritates the hell out of me too :D
  • Bodine - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I like how when something happens on the forums its always EQ.....dont assume anything or its going to be you that looks pathenic b:kiss
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Yes BB I do find that hilarious.... So maybe you own more than the 2 you say you only have. Well I am a believer in if you do something, you own it. Maybe this was your way of owning it? b:laugh
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    Anarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like how when something happens on the forums its always EQ.....dont assume anything or its going to be you that looks pathenic b:kiss

lolz

EQ is the one blowing all the smoke atm so I point at the source ^^

omnomnom....rofl
    This person they make me out to be? She irritates the hell out of me too :D
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    Bullseye - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This entire thread is just sad. Silva couldn't have said it any better. Why would anyone have reason to start USELESS DRAMA over pixels and a video game. Step back from the computer, take a deep breath and realize that THIS IS NOT YOUR REAL LIFE. Get over it and enjoy the game as you were meant to. Stop hiding behind deception and your e-muscles and be adults and grow up. There is no reason that anyone should have to stoop to a level to flame an obvious influential faction in the server. Every week it has been back and forth between Equinox and Calamity; take your victory or your defeat (whichever it may be), move on and attempt to excel in your deficits the next week.

Can a GM/Forum Mod/Admin please lock this thread? No reason to let this go any further and allow people to further incriminate themselves by irrational thoughts and posts.

PS - Kudos to BaldwinBoy for handling this obvious guerilla attack in the manner in which the server expects --- with calm and poise.

Let's move on with our lives now, please?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    baldwinboy wrote: »
    Well the time has come where I find myself posting on the PWI forums - never thought i would see tha day.

Where does one start - well clearly I can't defend myself because I have no evidence that would support my contention that I own only two Baldwin related characters - BaldwinBoy and BaldwinsDog (a level 41 barb) - yet others with also no evidence to support their claims that I own every Baldwin variant under the sun seem quite within their right to make such unsubstantiated claims propagating the initial intention of this thread - which was to discredit me and a faction im proud to serve.

Make up whatever you want, jump on the defamation bandwagon and use this thread however you deem fit to drive up hatred for Cala - I know that anyone who actually knows me not only laughs at the inference it makes toward how i conduct myself but I'n sure, like me, are saddened at others that appear to want to use is to fulfil their own agenda's at whatever cost.

BB

PS - shock horror i notice my default forum username has no capital B's at all - maybe i have just given this same group of people further ammunition - afterall I likely own all forum variants of my IGN aswell - sigh

I know this seems so dumb to say... but +1 to cala's leader, far more likable then... *cough* someone else, that shall remain nameless, I am sure he know who he is, and realizes that I don't really care for him, or his attitude on how he handled things.

i realize every faction has there douchebags, even calamity, but a majority of the posts I see from you and your members, are far more respectable, and likable then a lot of the other factions (not speaking about any specifically) I have seen, hince why I didn't give much credit to the SS, despite the fact that I had no proof to back it up one way or the other.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Bodine - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010

Thats why after this post BaldwinBoy gave a "courtesy visit" to vanquish vent and raged to everyone over there. b:laugh
  • ButtSekks - Dreamweaver
    ButtSekks - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    EQ is soo pathetic....

Gratz guys on showing your new low....lolz You do realize... anyone in Cala knows BB and they know that he would never do something like this, he is the point of contact for every new recruit for crying out loud....unless there is some evil BB out there (in which case I want to meet him because our BB keeps raising the bar of honorable conduct on me lolz)

Although speaking of evil twins, we do have the 'cool' AJey in Cala and evil Agay in EQ lmao so it's possible?

In anycase the worst this 'evidence' can do is give cala a bit of bad PR --which we are used too,

yay for stomping out ganks for 34+ weeks ^^ calamity FTW

This turned into EQ bashing how? Way to use 3rd grade name calling.. classy as always.

What is stomping out a gank btw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    Bullseye - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thats why after this post BaldwinBoy gave a "courtesy visit" to vanquish vent and raged to everyone over there. b:laugh

And yet you continue to open your mouth (stretch your fingers, rather). Drop it, people that aren't in the accusing or defending faction are reading this laughing at how ridiculous this whole situation is. So one last time --- Grow up and act your age.

And on a side-note, it's no different than a police interrogation (assuming that actually happened). It's obvious and admittedly so that the screenshot was taken by TroubleDD. His guilt in this matter is beyond my justification. But the fact remains that someone is out to intentionally hurt Calamity. But knowing that, and he having a high ranking within "Vanquish" faction, obviously the accused is going to find out the source of the problem. How he handled said conversation/confrontation is also beyond my knowledge. But seriously; stop with the nonsense.
This discussion has been closed.